Originally Posted by bass addict
Once again, more breakdown in communication. I was under the impression these would all be shipping together; especially when I found out they were only available in 8 ohm when I ordered 4 ohm and tried to cancel the order shortly afterwards, and you told me you couldn't because they were already in the build process.
I'm sure these are great drivers, but knowing what I know now, I would have gone a different route. Hell, if I knew I could sell everything and break out even, I probably would. Good luck to everyone else on here; hopefully you have a much better experience than I have had.
Edit: Just for the record, it's not about the time frame; I still have to wait for the 4550's. It's more about the principle at this point.
If there are issues, it is typically much better to email Jana than to post those issues publicly here. Since this is the venue you have chosen though, let me try to clarify things here for you.
The list provided to me stated your order as "3 of the TD15M 8ohm and 4 of the TD6M". None of the drivers were ever mentioned to be 4ohm. You were invoiced for 3 TD15M-8ohm and confirmed that order by paying the invoice on 2/27. I heard no mention of any changes until you PM'd me 19 days later on 3/18. You stated you were now unsure whether you wanted TD12 TD15 because you did not know which direction you should go and asked for my advice. As I had mentioned previously, this is something that should be discussed prior to making a purchase, not weeks after when the product is nearly completed. You then emailed on 3/20, now a full 3 weeks from when you made payment, asking to change to TD15M-4ohm. The TD15M-8ohm were nearly ready to ship, but I allowed this last minute change only because others were in line to receive TD15M-8ohm drivers. Jana confirmed with you on 3/22 that we should proceed with the TD15M-4ohm and we began building them. You have received the tracking numbers and those are shipping tomorrow, only 6 days after the final confirmation was made of your change.
You are also aware that you had placed two separate orders two weeks apart. The second invoice sent to you on 3/12 very clearly stated it was for 4x TD6M-8ohm. You paid that invoice on 3/14 without any questions on the impedance. Again, if there was a question, the time to bring that up would have been when you reviewed the invoice prior to making the payment. When your payment came in and nothing was mentioned of any conflict, the TD6M-8ohm were put on the build list. It was not until 6 days later on 3/20 that you had ever asked about a 4ohm option. I explained I have never offered any of the TD6's in 4ohm and had no plans to do so. The TD6M-8ohm had also already been started and will be completed soon.
Also, please realize that three weeks from the 3/14 payment date on your TD6M's would put this order at an April 4 ship date. There are a number of people who paid invoices the week prior to your TD6M's being paid for. As unfair as you may feel it is, I need to complete and ship their woofers prior to yours because their payments came in first.
I do apologize if you feel I somehow have wronged you in this whole process. It was never my intent and I have done everything I could to accommodate your changes and ship things in a reasonable time frame. It has been a long work day, almost 17 hours so I am going to head to sleep for a few hours before getting up and doing it all over again tomorrow.Edited by John_E_Janowitz - 3/28/13 at 12:44am