These two tables may be helpful to choose CPU / GPU.
First CPU load at SVP Level 1g-5g FHD 24fps -> 60fps conversion, with GPU acceleration off and on. GPU used is Radeon HD 7770, with madVR Level 5 in a FHD screen.
- Core i3 is good up to Level 4g. 4130 is the lowest model among the standard three Haswell Core i3's (the other two are 3.5GHz and 3.6GHz).
- Core i5 is enough for Level 5g.
- If you want to customize SVP, Core i7 or the upcoming IVB-E is recommended. (Customization does not necessarily improve the quality, of course.
- AMD Trinity / Richland A8 / A10 are good for SVP Level 3g. These APUs are good for budget minded users without adding a discrete graphics card.
The second table shows CPU load of Core i3 at SVP Level 3g FHD 24fps -> 60fps conversion with various GPUs. Each GPU is used with madVR Level 3 in a FHD screen.
- CPU offload by AMD GPU is consistent throughout the models (75% --> 35%)
- CPU offload by NVIDIA GPU depends on each model. A better GPU offloads CPU more.
- AMD offloads CPU better than NVIDIA.
Finally if you want to enjoy SVP as cheap as possible, AMD A8-5600K / A8-6600K
with DDR3-1866 memory is recommended, that supports SVP Level 3g + madVR Level 3. Intel Core i3 4130 (or higher) is also good if you use DDR3-2400 memory (= bandwidth 2400Mbps x 128bit = 38.4GB/s).Edited by renethx - 7/15/13 at 9:05pm