or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation 4 - Page 347

post #10381 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

The only way the 30-day trial stacks with a full PS+ sub is if you use the trial first. You can apply your 1-year sub at any time.
I don't use my credit card either, but that's so I don't increase its balance - either I only buy stuff with (PayPal) cash now.

Even if adding a trial code requires a CC, you can delete the card's info from your SEN account as soon as you use it for its single purpose.

I added 30 days to my existing Plus account using the trial that came with my PS4, so they will stack no matter what order.
post #10382 of 15261
http://us.playstation.com/black-friday-2013/?EMC=eng_BF2_product_20131129_V2&pos=b&linkname=pscomwa_checkitoutcta_b&psu=80310953


Sony Black friday deal PS Plus for $30
post #10383 of 15261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakel View Post

I added 30 days to my existing Plus account using the trial that came with my PS4, so they will stack no matter what order.
Trying mine right now...

EDIT: Nope, the code I got with my PS4 wouldn't extend my existing PS+ membership.

EDIT #2: Here's the info from a Sony rep in the comments section at the official PlayStation blog:

Quote:
+ coconutshinobi on November 8th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:
Is the 30-day PS Plus also for new customers too?


+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:
Yes, this is intended for new customers – it won’t stack if you’re already a Plus subscriber. So if you are, feel free to share it with a friend.


...and he reiterates the point later in the section:
Quote:
+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:
$10 and 30 days of PS+ to stack onto my current subscription? Awesome. Thank you!


+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:
Just confirmed they don’t stack if you’re a current subscriber…but you could share it with a friend.

Edited by joeblow - 11/28/13 at 9:11pm
post #10384 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Trying mine right now...

EDIT: Nope, the code I got with my PS4 wouldn't extend my existing PS+ membership.

EDIT #2: Here's the info from a Sony rep in the comments section at the official PlayStation blog:

...and he reiterates the point later in the section:

And yet it DOES stack! Go figure. I don't know what's wrong with your code but it's not like they sent me an extra special code. My Plus expiration has been December 15th for a couple of years. I put in the 30 day Plus trial code that came with my PS4 and now my Plus expiration date is January 15th. Magic! biggrin.gif
post #10385 of 15261
Thread Starter 
Trials never stacked on the PS3 either, so it isn't surprising that they still don't. Maybe yours worked because your current membership was set to expire during the time frame of the trial code.
post #10386 of 15261
Mine stacked with my current ps+ sub as well.
post #10387 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Trials never stacked on the PS3 either, so it isn't surprising that they still don't. Maybe yours worked because your current membership was set to expire during the time frame of the trial code.

I do think it's funny though. I say mine stacked. You say yours didn't stack. Therefore your conclusion is that none of them stack. biggrin.gif
post #10388 of 15261
Mine would stack if I added a CC...
post #10389 of 15261
Those who still need a console: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-black-friday-bundle/112909

console + knack+killzone+controller+1yr ps+ $610

Go quick!

Edit: PS+ $30 (us only from gamestop http://www.gamestop.com/dlc/playstation-plus-1-year-membership/84626)
post #10390 of 15261
If it's a CC thing I am also not going to bother. I'll wait for the timer to run down then add it.
post #10391 of 15261
post #10392 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Trials never stacked on the PS3 either, so it isn't surprising that they still don't. Maybe yours worked because your current membership was set to expire during the time frame of the trial code.

Mine stacked as well. Went from a 6-2014 expiration to a 7-2014 expiration. I must have gotten a magic code also!
post #10393 of 15261
What? Did another million people get PS4s or what? I kid, I kid. PS store is down for maintenance...
post #10394 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

What? Did another million people get PS4s or what? I kid, I kid. PS store is down for maintenance...

Is it the PS Store that's down or is it the whole PS Network thats down? I cannot get online with the PS4. I tried running an Internet Connection test and it's not signing in into the PS network.
post #10395 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

PS4 launch in Italy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVcfD2gD5hg
that country's broke not sure how many they'll sell...
post #10396 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakel View Post

And yet it DOES stack! Go figure. I don't know what's wrong with your code but it's not like they sent me an extra special code. My Plus expiration has been December 15th for a couple of years. I put in the 30 day Plus trial code that came with my PS4 and now my Plus expiration date is January 15th. Magic! biggrin.gif

This is good to know. I just purchased one PS+ 1 year code from Amazon for $30 and two 1 year cards from BestBuy for $30 each. So now I can go ahead and apply the AMazon PS+ code to my PSN account. And hold on to the PS+ cards that BB will be sending me. Of course I still need to get a PS4 sometime. I checked this morning and any that I saw available were bundles with disc games. After using the XBOne with DIgital Downloads, there is no way I could go back to using discs. So I need to wait until I can get a PS4 only or with it bundled with the camera.
post #10397 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Is it the PS Store that's down or is it the whole PS Network thats down? I cannot get online with the PS4. I tried running an Internet Connection test and it's not signing in into the PS network.

Gotta be the entire PSN that is down. I can't do much of anything at the moment.
post #10398 of 15261
So how do I redeem this PS+ code? I just tried online at SPN and then it forwarded me to SEN and when I entered the code I got from Amazon it said that it can't be entered online. I guess I'll need to get the PS4 first.
post #10399 of 15261
PSN looks back up. PS4 was on again for no reason but I may have figured it out. I turned it on this morning to see if War Thunder was in the store before running the kid to bball and put it in standby. I then kicked the phone app on, I'm wondering if that brought it out of standby?
post #10400 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

PSN looks back up.

Still down for me. I just tried and received the same error message indicating that it's unable to access the server. Then it freezes up my whole PS4 and I have to shut down via the button on the front of the console because the DS4 becomes unresponsive.
post #10401 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post

Still down for me. I just tried and received the same error message indicating that it's unable to access the server. Then it freezes up my whole PS4 and I have to shut down via the button on the front of the console because the DS4 becomes unresponsive.

Same here. Login to PSN still failling and then have to shutdown using button on console.
post #10402 of 15261
Didn't have any trouble logging in, that I'm aware. I thought my PS was off when I left but when I got back it wasnt. Maybe it had enough time to right itself or my area isn't as congested. There are perks to being in BFE sometimes. Store is now up but my game isn't there. frown.gif
post #10403 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

PSN looks back up. PS4 was on again for no reason but I may have figured it out. I turned it on this morning to see if War Thunder was in the store before running the kid to bball and put it in standby. I then kicked the phone app on, I'm wondering if that brought it out of standby?

Yes it does, I used the ipad app the other day to check the friends list because the PS4 was in suspend. It woke it up.
post #10404 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post

Yes it does, I used the ipad app the other day to check the friends list because the PS4 was in suspend. It woke it up.

Thanks for the sanity check. I've found mine on several times when I got home from work and now I've got an answer.
post #10405 of 15261
Thread Starter 
Great news:
Quote:
Every Tuesday, Sony updates the PlayStation Store in North America, giving us access to a plethora of new content that includes new games, DLC, demos, and more.

In the past, it’s been very uncertain as to when we could actually expect the PlayStation Store update, with the window ranging from mid-morning, to the middle of the night.

As part of an interview on the PS Blogcast, Nick Colburn, Senior Manager of Digital Operations (he basically runs the PlayStation Store), said, “Since April we’ve had about 30 publishes and we’ve been trying to hit a timeframe between [12PM PT] and [3PM PT].” Most recently though, they’ve narrowed the window down, with Nick adding, “We’re aiming for [2PM PT] to [3PM PT] now and we think we’re finally in a place where we can do that.”

When asked for a specific time of when we should expect the PlayStation Store each Tuesday, Colburn said, “We’re starting to hit [2PM PT/5PM ET] pretty consistently and I feel pretty comfortable with that.”

A 2:00 PM launch time for PSN game releases fits well with my decision to go digital only. I can purchase and remote dload any title I want on my phone while away from my PS4, and it should be playable by the time I get to it.

Hmmm, I just had an added thought: if I am not able to enter Amazon digital game codes into my phone's PS4 app, then I'll be forced to wait until in front of the PS4 unless they release their codes, say, at midnight on the morning of release.
post #10406 of 15261
Boooo, why not just do it at midnight? Or how about in the AM hours? Late afternoon sucks.

Still waiting on Minecraft too... I wish we would get an update...
post #10407 of 15261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I guarantee you your speed increase had nothing to do with your DNS. smile.gif

Researching this a bit, it turns out what you are saying is true when it comes to dloads.

It still seems like a weird coincidence though for a lot of people who see a spike in speeds after making changes like this. My MBps rate was definitely lower when I used the default DNS servers that my internet provider supported. I wonder - is it possible that these companies can throttle our speeds under certain conditions, and use the client's access to their DNS servers as a trigger when they do? Like I said, it is a weird coincidence.
post #10408 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Great news:
A 2:00 PM launch time for PSN game releases fits well with my decision to go digital only. I can purchase and remote dload any title I want on my phone while away from my PS4, and it should be playable by the time I get to it.

Hmmm, I just had an added thought: if I am not able to enter Amazon digital game codes into my phone's PS4 app, then I'll be forced to wait until in front of the PS4 unless they release their codes, say, at midnight on the morning of release.

Bring your Vita to work, use remote play, then enter the codes through the PS4 menu interface.
post #10409 of 15261
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post


Researching this a bit, it turns out what you are saying is true when it comes to dloads.

It still seems like a weird coincidence though for a lot of people who see a spike in speeds after making changes like this. My MBps rate was definitely lower when I used the default DNS servers that my internet provider supported. I wonder - is it possible that these companies can throttle our speeds under certain conditions, and use the client's access to their DNS servers as a trigger when they do? Like I said, it is a weird coincidence.

 

It's my understanding that certain content distribution networks like akamai will try and match you with a local node for content downloads based on the location of the DNS server. It's presumed the DNS server for your ISP is local to you, but maybe that's not the case. Type your ISP's DNS into http://www.whereisip.net/index.php and find out. Or it just so happens that the content server chosen for you based on your DNS's location is overloaded, and the one that got chosen via the public DNS isn't. I have no idea whether or not Sony's CDN uses DNS servers to locate you or not, it's just one potential way to explain it. The actual speed DNS of the server's lookups definitely isn't the reason, thats for sure. So I guess it's possible, if your ISP is too poor to afford DNS servers in your region.

 

Or it could just be rebooting your PS4 or router refreshed your connection. So your wifi is attempting higher speeds again or you got lucky with a different server, etc.  

 

It definitely won't do anything for lag in games, the server you connect to in game should be based on directly pinging from your own IP.


Edited by bd2003 - 11/29/13 at 10:09am
post #10410 of 15261
According to that site, my ISP's and Google's DNS all reside in the same cornfield in Kansas...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area