or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation 4 - Page 374

post #11191 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

but what about those "private pics" you promised to send me?
PM with pics sent!
post #11192 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

So there is really no need for the camera for voice commands? I guess i can always return it if I need to. I'll pick it up today but I won't open it until after I get the PS4.

EDIT: Wait a minute? With the camera doesn't the PS4 sign in by facial recognition like the XBOne does? That is also a nice feature.

It does do voice commands and as Pen mentions so does the included headset, but the commands aren't anything to get excited about. It can access stuff on the UI, though not everything (video apps dont work, and fairly certain video unlimited doesnt). Essentially it is able to turn off/suspend and start games if you really want it. I've had camera since launch and probably really used it a grand total of 3 times. Face recog works and I guess is cool if you have multiple users and dont want to deal with the controller, but I cant speak on how it really handles multiple people at once.

Again, its not something I'd say is a MUST have but it also isn't something to avoid like the plague. Get it, try it, return it if you really dont like it.
post #11193 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I thought the PS4 camera also responded to voice commands? This is the main reason I ordered it. Since using voice commands with my XBOne, I have no desire to use just the controller to navigate which takes longer.

Only on the XB1 with it messy UI does it take longer. The PS4 has a very simple and fast to navigate UI. you can try the voice stuff, but the controller is superior.
post #11194 of 15176
I haven't bothered with my camera much either. Playroom is cool for 5 minutes. Voice control is about like any other, say command, sorry couldn't hear you, say command louder, sorry couldn't understand you, scream command, it works, scratch head and wonder why I used voice in the first place?

What I'm hopeful for is that Move stuff comes along and is cool. House of the Dead Overkill was pretty fun on PS3 except when the crosshairs drifted....
post #11195 of 15176
I really hope that Minecraft hits the PS4 soon, playing the PS3 demo, it has some serious framerate issues. I'm glad I chose to download the demo first, this is too problematic to pay for.
post #11196 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Only on the XB1 with it messy UI does it take longer. The PS4 has a very simple and fast to navigate UI. you can try the voice stuff, but the controller is superior.

Agreed. Voice controls worked well enough. Got it right on the first try about 4 out of 5 times. I told my son "Isn't that cool!" and he was like "yeah, but it would be faster with the controller." The only thing that might be faster with voice commands is saying Power|Go to Standby as opposed to long-pressing the PS button, or navigating all the way up and right to the power button. Sadly, I almost never remember to do that... Also agree there's no reason to buy the camera yet. I'd get an additional game instead. Facial recognition instead of just hitting "x", is that worth $60?
post #11197 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post

Check out the sales data for France:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735723

PS4 outpacing the Xbox by quite a bit.
From the same thread:
Spain:
PS4: >80k
XB1: 25k

UK:
PS4: >185k
XB1:140k

Western Europe:
PS4: >500k
XB1: 300k

Fantastic news. I hope the PS4 continues to do extremely well and that software development flourishes.
post #11198 of 15176
Anybody talk about that parity crap innovation MS put out?
post #11199 of 15176
anyone having trouble signing into PSN?
post #11200 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

Agreed. Voice controls worked well enough. Got it right on the first try about 4 out of 5 times. I told my son "Isn't that cool!" and he was like "yeah, but it would be faster with the controller." The only thing that might be faster with voice commands is saying Power|Go to Standby as opposed to long-pressing the PS button, or navigating all the way up and right to the power button. Sadly, I almost never remember to do that... Also agree there's no reason to buy the camera yet. I'd get an additional game instead. Facial recognition instead of just hitting "x", is that worth $60?

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif
post #11201 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

anyone having trouble signing into PSN?

Yup. Got my BF patch though...
post #11202 of 15176
Sony is aware of the issue. It may be related to Minecraft launching, or one of the Asia launches just kicked off. (There is Hong Kong and Singapore this week)
post #11203 of 15176
Free Killzone Multiplayer available through plus

Quote:
NOTE *** THIS IS THE TRIAL VERSION OF KILLZONE SHADOW FALL. Only the multiplayer portion of the game will be accessible. Multiplayer will be accessible only on the weekend of December 28th and 29th. ***
post #11204 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Anybody talk about that parity crap innovation MS put out?

You mean where a title needs to come out at the same time on the XBOne as other consoles? Is that something new or has that been going on for awhile?

On another note, at least BestBuy shipped my PS4 today.
post #11205 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

You mean where a title needs to come out at the same time on the XBOne as other consoles? Is that something new or has that been going on for awhile?

On another note, at least BestBuy shipped my PS4 today.

Microsoft's Parity rules are hard to track down, they have been rumored to range from forced graphical parity to release date or on disc content parity.

Rules like this are nothing new and have been in use as far back as the PS1. (Megaman 8 included an art book to get around Sony's post release must have more/better rule, which is only now being relaxed)
post #11206 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Sony is aware of the issue. It may be related to Minecraft launching, or one of the Asia launches just kicked off. (There is Hong Kong and Singapore this week)

Just got back in. Authentication servers must have hiccuped.
post #11207 of 15176
Lastly with the camera, only thing I haven't had a chance to test is how well the mic works in party chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

Free Killzone Multiplayer available through plus

Anyone else feel this is a typo? Says MP is currently only available but that MP will be available weekend of Dec 28/29. Tempted to DL and check it out, but having already owned the game I'm assuming it wouldn't install properly.
post #11208 of 15176
Yep store is back and Pinball Arcade downloaded. Looks OK on the included table but I need to snag a card to get my season one tables back.
post #11209 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

Lastly with the camera, only thing I haven't had a chance to test is how well the mic works in party chat.
Anyone else feel this is a typo? Says MP is currently only available but that MP will be available weekend of Dec 28/29. Tempted to DL and check it out, but having already owned the game I'm assuming it wouldn't install properly.

I think they are just allowing people to DL the game now and after Christmas so there isn't a a ton of strain to DL at the same time . Then they are opening it up for those 2 days. Makes sense
post #11210 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Microsoft's Parity rules are hard to track down, they have been rumored to range from forced graphical parity to release date or on disc content parity.

Rules like this are nothing new and have been in use as far back as the PS1. (Megaman 8 included an art book to get around Sony's post release must have more/better rule, which is only now being relaxed)

At some point a Dev would have to put a flag in the sand over graphical parity and the quality of the product? I was unaware these rules existed back that far. I guess I was too busy having fun playing games. Things sure have changed.
post #11211 of 15176
As much as I've been enjoying my console I'm very disappointed that my psn account was hacked this morning. Thank God my credit card wasn't used, but overall disappointed with Sony's terrible security. In the 8 years I was with Xbox I never had this happen to me. At this point I wouldn't store any personal info on Sony's psn.
post #11212 of 15176
How can you be so sure it's Sony's fault??
post #11213 of 15176
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I got $40 store credit from Gamestop tonight for my Xbox One AC4 (which I used on PSN $).
I then bought the PS3 digital code from Amazon for AC4 for $40.
Hopefully, my PS4 will come with the $10 PSN voucher and I can get the PS4 straight up.
post #11214 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post

As much as I've been enjoying my console I'm very disappointed that my psn account was hacked this morning. Thank God my credit card wasn't used, but overall disappointed with Sony's terrible security. In the 8 years I was with Xbox I never had this happen to me. At this point I wouldn't store any personal info on Sony's psn.

Sorry your account got hacked but, just because your Xbox account was never hacked doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Almost 2 years ago my Xbox Live account was stolen. I didn't notice it for about a day because my 360 could still automatically sign into the account but, I started noticing games I didn't own showing up in my recently played list. I then looked at the account info and it was not my email address, went to my PC and signed in on Xbox.com and it loaded a completely different account. Once I notified MS they recovered my account in about 5 days but, not before the person spent all of my MS points, about $30 worth, all on FIFA crap. Luckily I didn't have a CC attached to my account and I'll also never attach one to my PSN account. It's just safer to buy the pre-paid cards or use Paypal on the website.

Just making a point that account hacks are not limited to Sony.
Edited by rolltide1017 - 12/17/13 at 9:23pm
post #11215 of 15176
The Fifa hacks seem to be the most common on both platforms. EA needs to improve their security.
post #11216 of 15176
post #11217 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Microsoft's Parity rules are hard to track down, they have been rumored to range from forced graphical parity to release date or on disc content parity.

Rules like this are nothing new and have been in use as far back as the PS1. (Megaman 8 included an art book to get around Sony's post release must have more/better rule, which is only now being relaxed)
so the possibility of Sony having to dial back the quality of the graphics on their system to match ms could actually be a reality?
post #11218 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post

so the possibility of Sony having to dial back the quality of the graphics on their system to match ms could actually be a reality?

No. You did see the specs for Ghosts and BF4, right? Wasn't that a huge deal? If there was forced parity they would all be the same resolution.

Everything I've read says that the parity is only in regards to conent and release date.

Also, Sony doesn't have to do anything, it's the multiplatform game developers/publishers.
post #11219 of 15176
Hooked up my PS4 yesterday for the first time. I don't have any games yet but watching the LIVE streams. Audio out via HDMI to a Denon 887 receiver has audio drops every 5 seconds. Tried all of the output methods (pcm, doly and dts). Sucks !
post #11220 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post

so the possibility of Sony having to dial back the quality of the graphics on their system to match ms could actually be a reality?

All on third parties. One rumor was that Assassin's Creed needed that patch to get 1080p due to that parity rule. Same with Ghost's single player being capped at 720p and getting a patch to up it.

Crap like this is why the rumor persists and is so diverse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area