or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation 4 - Page 86

post #2551 of 15362
How long has it been confirmed that PS4 games will be $60 (Amazon lists them that much separately and with bundles)? I think I read a recent interview that Yoshida couldn't say how much they'll cost.

Very glad it didn't increase, $70 is just too much.
Edited by metallicaband - 6/15/13 at 9:52am
post #2552 of 15362
I think Amazon is just going on faith, if the price goes up they will honor the current preorders.
post #2553 of 15362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

I refuse to scalp, I have had to deal with it in the past ($450 for a Wii 2 weeks after launch) and I want no part of it. A $10 handling fee is more than enough.
For me, I just refuse to be a customer and remain patient for what I want. But for the seller, if there is someone who wants something not readily available, then its fine for a deal to be made between the two willing parties IMHO. No one can be taken advantage of in luxury item transactions unless fraud is involved.
post #2554 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post

How long has it been confirmed that PS4 games will be $60 (Amazon lists them that much separately and with bundles)? I think I read a recent interview that Yoshida couldn't say how much they'll cost.

Very glad it didn't increase, $70 is just too much.

I'd rather more pricing models from $50-70, and possibly MP/SP being split out. Love to see more innovation on prices to better reflect the costs of development. That publishers try to shoehorn every game into a $60 model when some are obviously worth less and some more is part of the reason for the industry's woes.
post #2555 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

After thinking, I went with the Watch Dogs bundle. BF4 is a game that I think I'd actually prefer to have the digital download version because I'll probably be jumping in and out of it more often then other games. I'm sure PS+ cards will go on sale somewhere between now and launch.

I also went ahead and canceled the pre-order I had at BB. I don't want to be one of those guys who try's to rip someone off on eBay to make a quick buck. Just feel like it is more fair that someone else have a chance at getting one at the normal price then paying double on ebay.

I want to see the premium/season pass pricing. I know I'll be grabbing ll the DLC, so it doesn't make sense to just to buy the standard edt.
post #2556 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

That publishers try to shoehorn every game into a $60 model when some are obviously worth less and some more is part of the reason for the industry's woes.
I disagree, I don't think any game is worth more then $60. I have no problem with DLC and expansion packs, I've bought all the Skyrim add-ons, and consider them separate purchases but the base price should not be more then 60 IMO. If Skyrim had released with a $70 or $80 price I would not have bought it. Of course, this is why I use GameFly becaus I think most games are overpriced.

It amazes me how many gamers seem so worried about the publisher's and developer's bottom line. I love movies but I've never seen movie fans worry about the studios bottom line and wish for higher ticket prices to help them out with the inflated budgets.
post #2557 of 15362
Ugh, still on the fence as to which console I'll pick up launch day. I've got both the PS3 and 360 and do the majority of gaming on the 360.

The exclusives I want to play are on the microsoft plaftform, but I have no doubt the multiplat titles will be better on PS4...especially 2-3 years into the lifecycle once devs get familiar with the kit and the premier next gen engines get licensed to more third party developers.

The thing that has me leaning most towards PS4 now is I think it has the best chance of supporting the gaming peripherals I already have. Fanatec has already stated their wheels will work with GT6. That was a pricy investment I'm not looking to dump anytime soon, even though I have one of the PWTS wheels that launched with Forza 3 and not one of the later CSR wheels.

I'm also hoping that since the PS4 has optical out that it will still support the Astro wireless mixamp so I can still get surround sound gaming with mixed chat. Looks like the only option for XBone will be proprietary. I'll have to keep an eye on the Astro and Fanatec news feeds as the launch gets closer.
post #2558 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Ugh, still on the fence as to which console I'll pick up launch day. I've got both the PS3 and 360 and do the majority of gaming on the 360.

The exclusives I want to play are on the microsoft plaftform, but I have no doubt the multiplat titles will be better on PS4...especially 2-3 years into the lifecycle once devs get familiar with the kit and the premier next gen engines get licensed to more third party developers.

The thing that has me leaning most towards PS4 now is I think it has the best chance of supporting the gaming peripherals I already have. Fanatec has already stated their wheels will work with GT6. That was a pricy investment I'm not looking to dump anytime soon, even though I have one of the PWTS wheels that launched with Forza 3 and not one of the later CSR wheels.

I'm also hoping that since the PS4 has optical out that it will still support the Astro wireless mixamp so I can still get surround sound gaming with mixed chat. Looks like the only option for XBone will be proprietary. I'll have to keep an eye on the Astro and Fanatec news feeds as the launch gets closer.
The great thing is you don't have to make up your mind right now. Just keep an eye and ear on the news and make the decision that works for you when the time comes.

I am also going back and forth on it right now, so I know what you're going through.
post #2559 of 15362
Most of the Xbox One exclusives will make their way to the PS4, they are just timed exclusives because Microsoft threw a crapton of money at them.
post #2560 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Most of the Xbox One exclusives will make their way to the PS4, they are just timed exclusives because Microsoft threw a crapton of money at them.
You might need to clarify that by saying the third party developed games. MS has a lot of first party studios now.
post #2561 of 15362
Yup, moneyhats all around.

I have no doubt DR3 and TitanFall will be making the jump to PS4 eventually. It's ME all over again.
post #2562 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

You might need to clarify that by saying the third party developed games. MS has a lot of first party studios now.

I shouldn't need to clarify it. Microsoft was the only one to show third party exclusives at their show. Obviously Forza won't jump, but games like TitanFall and Dead Rising, they will come to the PS4 eventually, EA and Capcom love money too much to make exclusives these days.
post #2563 of 15362
Picked up The Last of Us at Gamestop Mountain View. The Assistant Manager said their ratio of pre-orders is 7-1 at their location so far in favor of the PS4. He cited basically the same reasons we all know, tons of bad press for MS due to significantly higher price even when the PS4 has far more power, internet connection requirements, horrible used game and rental policy.
post #2564 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Amazon's $500 PS4 KZ or BF w/PS+ launch bundles are back up again. Act fast!

I cancelled my Launch Console and ordered a BF launch console. I was going to buy it anyway and went for the savings on the package.
post #2565 of 15362
$10 off a year of plus is too good to pass up.

It is no shock that the PS4 preorders are outpacing the XBone, the entirety of the Internet is against the idea of the machine.
post #2566 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

I shouldn't need to clarify it. Microsoft was the only one to show third party exclusives at their show. Obviously Forza won't jump, but games like TitanFall and Dead Rising, they will come to the PS4 eventually, EA and Capcom love money too much to make exclusives these days.

This is doubly true if the PS4 does better than the Xbone. I wonder if MS or the games have to meet performance targets as part of the deal. If the publishers really do have all this power, I am sure it is there.
post #2567 of 15362
The wife just told me to plan on getting both consoles at launch, so I don't have to choose. It's cool be married to someone that doesn't have a problem with me being a nerd.
post #2568 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Ugh, still on the fence as to which console I'll pick up launch day. I've got both the PS3 and 360 and do the majority of gaming on the 360.

The exclusives I want to play are on the microsoft plaftform, but I have no doubt the multiplat titles will be better on PS4...especially 2-3 years into the lifecycle once devs get familiar with the kit and the premier next gen engines get licensed to more third party developers.

The thing that has me leaning most towards PS4 now is I think it has the best chance of supporting the gaming peripherals I already have. Fanatec has already stated their wheels will work with GT6. That was a pricy investment I'm not looking to dump anytime soon, even though I have one of the PWTS wheels that launched with Forza 3 and not one of the later CSR wheels.

I'm also hoping that since the PS4 has optical out that it will still support the Astro wireless mixamp so I can still get surround sound gaming with mixed chat. Looks like the only option for XBone will be proprietary. I'll have to keep an eye on the Astro and Fanatec news feeds as the launch gets closer.

I have one of the CSR wheels and Fanatec seems confident they will work something out. The evidence points to the wheels working on the PS4 though, which is huge for me. I will miss Forza but still have the 360 and will probably pick up an Xbone in a few years for the exclusives. I had 2 360s die on me and did not replace the last one for a few years. I lived through it just fine with the PS3 filling in for me. I also stopped paying for Live and still do not pay for it. Although I will say that Live is a better experience than PSN.
post #2569 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

The wife just told me to plan on getting both consoles at launch, so I don't have to choose. It's cool be married to someone that doesn't have a problem with me being a nerd.

Yeah, I told my wife that I preordered and she told me to let her know what games I want and she'll get them for me. She actually pretends to care when I tell her the differences between the XB1 and Ps4. Good woman she is.
post #2570 of 15362
How many if you guys don't play multiplayer? I used to luv me some Halo MP, but now that I'm on satellite broadband its not an option. What games do you guys play that keep your interest for lots of hours? Maybe not as many as a good MP title, but enough to justify $60?
post #2571 of 15362
Blops 2 has bots.

I play a lot of RPGs myself, I didn't have HSI until late 2010 so I played single player exclusively on PS3 for three years. (Bought in 2007) I still don't play much multiplayer.
post #2572 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

How many if you guys don't play multiplayer? I used to luv me some Halo MP, but now that I'm on satellite broadband its not an option. What games do you guys play that keep your interest for lots of hours? Maybe not as many as a good MP title, but enough to justify $60?
I don't know what you like or what you've already played so I'll just throw some of my favorites out there.

Any of the Bethesda games: Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, or Skyrim. I've put hundreds of hours into each of them and still play them from time to time. Red Dead Redemption is an amazing game with a lot of single player content, Grand theft Auto 4 as well. Except for Skyrim, you should be able to find any of them with all their extra content for around $20.

The Orange Box (Half-Life 2, Portal) and Portal 2 are great single player experiences and also dirt cheap now.

The Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection comes out in July I think. It would keep you busy for a long time.

Beware of spoilers if you check out any of the wiki pages I linked.
post #2573 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

How many if you guys don't play multiplayer? I used to luv me some Halo MP, but now that I'm on satellite broadband its not an option. What games do you guys play that keep your interest for lots of hours? Maybe not as many as a good MP title, but enough to justify $60?

Nier, Vanquish, Batman Arkham games, Dark Souls, Amalur Reckoning.
post #2574 of 15362
Thanks for the recommendations! I need to take a look at Skyrim, I've heard a lot about it.

The Portal games are two of my all time favorites. I also enjoyed Bioshock, but haven't gotten around to the second two. I haven't played GTA, so that may be another one I need to look into. It's a bit of a change to go from MP to single player, but it sounds like there are still some good options.
post #2575 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

How many if you guys don't play multiplayer? I used to luv me some Halo MP, but now that I'm on satellite broadband its not an option. What games do you guys play that keep your interest for lots of hours? Maybe not as many as a good MP title, but enough to justify $60?

It's easier to tell you which games Aren't worth $60, such as:

- Sport games (e.g EA games) being released on yearly basis using mostly the same engine with some tweaks and updates to the players/stats
- Call of Duty yearly released games that are expansions at best, charging $60 for those is a crime, what makes it even worse is the crazy sales numbers, I hope people finally get burnt out from this crap so they'd at least consider releasing updates as DLC add-ons instead of full priced games.

I don't agree with a lot of stuff Capcom has done and specially with their recent DLC schemes, but at least they got stuff right with Street Fighter 4, SF4 was $60 while SSFIV was sold for $40 and SSFIV:AE IIRC was only around $15 or so DLC add-on, each were priced correctly for how much work they've done to the game. I spent around 1500-2000 hours on that game so it definitely was worth every cent to me.

As for other games I spend a lot of time on: MGS games, RPGs (both Western such as Elder Scrolls and Japanese like FFXIII and XIII-2) and team work based MP games such as LoL (only when there's communication such as with my real friends, I can't stand such games without voice chat), that's not on PS though lol.
post #2576 of 15362
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Nier, Vanquish, Batman Arkham games, Dark Souls, Amalur Reckoning.

I haven't even heard of some of those smile.gif Off to teh Googles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post

It's easier to tell you which games Aren't worth $60, such as:

- Sport games (e.g EA games) being released on yearly basis using mostly the same engine with some tweaks and updates to the players/stats
- Call of Duty yearly released games that are expansions at best, charging $60 for those is a crime, what makes it even worse is the crazy sales numbers, I hope people finally get burnt out from this crap so they'd at least consider releasing updates as DLC add-ons instead of full priced games.

I don't agree with a lot of stuff Capcom has done and specially with their recent DLC schemes, but at least they got stuff right with Street Fighter 4, SF4 was $60 while SSFIV was sold for $40 and SSFIV:AE IIRC was only around $15 or so DLC add-on, each were priced correctly for how much work they've done to the game. I spent around 1500-2000 hours on that game so it definitely was worth every cent to me.

As for other games I spend a lot of time on: MGS games, RPGs (both Western such as Elder Scrolls and Japanese like FFXIII and XIII-2) and team work based MP games such as LoL (only when there's communication such as with my real friends, I can't stand such games without voice chat), that's not on PS though lol.

There's something about that $60 mark that makes me very picky with my games. Maybe that's why I stuck with MP for so long. Obviously it was fun, but it was also a pretty safe investment. Time to branch out biggrin.gif I haven't played a fighting game since back in the Street Fighter II days. I did enjoy that game, though biggrin.gif
post #2577 of 15362
If you didn't notice, the PS4 camera is selling at #20 and the Xbox ONE controller is at #22. the (PS4 controller is at #9)

I can't see alot of people buying the camera but it should put into perspective the amount of XBOX one to PS4 sales


EDIT: you know this whole XBOX thing is so similar to the way the government does things. "The poeple don't dislike it, they just don't understand it, we just need to do a better job explaining how much they need it"

This is most likely my last gaming console, and as much as I wanted an XB1 I feel so strongly about the check-in requirement that I wouldn't purchase it at any price. I can understand the reason people want them but the reasons not to are so compelling
Edited by samendolaro - 6/15/13 at 7:52pm
post #2578 of 15362
Slightly OT but I found it interesting that today in a Gamestop nearly every person in there was talking about the Xbone and PS4 and how they were ditching Xbone. It was like this thread and the Xbone one were being read aloud in the store minus the AAA crazies here. The big deal wasn't DRM, though it was mentioned a lot, it was the need for connection. A ton of people in my state live out in rural areas by choice or necessity and having to be online with any kind of high speed is not happening anytime soon. It was really interesting to hear from the trenches as it were. The posters here and there who call out the "dumb masses" need to rethink that. Joe Six Pack is pretty informed most days of the week. Intelligent questions were already being asked by parents and their kids and the staff had no option but to steer them to Sony.
post #2579 of 15362
I can't say I'm surprised! There's a part of me that really wants XBone sales to tank right out the gate. Not because I want MS to fail, but because I want them to make some sensible changes to the console. I really liked my XBox 360, but i'm not willing to fund MS's little DRM science experiment just because their last console was a god one.
post #2580 of 15362
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area