or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation 4 - Page 96

post #2851 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

That was actually their problem from the start. No one was left who built the Xbox and 360 up from the ground over in Redmond. Suits with bad ideas and no vested interest in all the hard work put into the division came in and listened more to their accountants and auditors, than their customers.

I think it was more listening to other divisions and marketers. Accountants and auditors would have used a more scientific approach to this. This smells of execs and marketers high on their success moving boldly into their vision of the future.
post #2852 of 15148
Time to shift gears. #No DRM and other pushes from vocal consumers pushed for a major change in a console, time to do it again.

#FreeOnline4PS4

Time for consumers to come together and get Sony to remove the paywall for online play (and only online play) No Charge to play CoD!

Spread the word across the net on every forum you post on and we can make it happen, the majority spoke loud enough and drowned out the fanboys and forced change, let's come together and do it again!
post #2853 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Time to shift gears. #No DRM and other pushes from vocal consumers pushed for a major change in a console, time to do it again.

#FreeOnline4PS4

Time for consumers to come together and get Sony to remove the paywall for online play (and only online play) No Charge to play CoD!

Spread the word across the net on every forum you post on and we can make it happen, the majority spoke loud enough and drowned out the fanboys and forced change, let's come together and do it again!

This is actually a genius idea. Free online is now the only real differentiation outside of the price, which can change and the specs, which many do not care about.

#FreeOnline4PS4
post #2854 of 15148
This is bad news for Sony but fantastic news for gamers in general.
post #2855 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

You do know that this is the way it will work on the ps4, right?

Yes, unfortunately. But the PS4 is more powerful. Although I still ave the controller issue to figure out. But I guess I still have plenty of time to make a final decision since I can cancel any pre-orders. It's just now both so called next gen systems are more of the same thing. Which is not an improvement.
post #2856 of 15148
I wonder if Major Nelson will now apologize to Angry Joe for being such a dick during his interview.
post #2857 of 15148
Now Microsoft has agreed to host all DRM services for all publishers free of charge... smile.gif jk..


I have decided that Sony is still going to be my Day one Console .. I will wait to see the actual side by side reviews later this year. But If the XB1 isn't too bad I will most likely pick it up after they release their next revision of the console. I don't trust their V1. after the 360.
post #2858 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Looks like the PS4 finally has a legitimate competitor. Consumers win. Nice!


a weak XBOX ONE would make Sony want to do things that might not be popular with his clients, so, it´s great for future PS4 owners, and viceversa, thank to PS4 the XBOX ONE clients will have better service. cool.gif
post #2859 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

I wonder if Major Nelson will now apologize to Angry Joe for being such a dick during his interview.

I didn't think he was a dick at all. Joe even said, he's the nicest person to meet. Just because his answers sucked doesn't make him a dick. It makes the xbox a dick.
post #2860 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I didn't think he was a dick at all. Joe even said, he's the nicest person to meet. Just because his answers sucked doesn't make him a dick. It makes the xbox a dick.

I feel sorry for him, its his job to promote the Xbox and he has to face everybody whilst doing it.

Anyway Step Aside PS4
post #2861 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I didn't think he was a dick at all. Joe even said, he's the nicest person to meet. Just because his answers sucked doesn't make him a dick. It makes the xbox a dick.

He was just spilling the party line. How do you answer questions you cannot answer? A difficult place to be...
post #2862 of 15148
I'm so sorry for abandoning the Sony camp for so long.... haven't posted in this thread for awhile because of two main reasons:


1. Family Share Plan on XB1

2. Lackluster launch lineup for Sony




Yeah, I'll straight up admit it. I've been sleeping with the enemy for the last week or so, after the concept of the family plan started to become clear to me. If any of you PS4 guys sat down and really looked at the possibilities with the family share plan, you'd probably agree with me. DRM and all, it still would have been cheaper for me as a gamer with the original Xbone concept. This new politically correct xbox does nothing for me. The two biggest advantages the thing had went up in smoke (not having to put the disk in the tray).

As for Sony's launch lineup, well that didn't all of a sudden get better. Look, I'll be straight up. The one single next-gen game, where actual gameplay has been shown, that excites me more than any other game is infamous Second Son. When they said it was coming in 2014, my heart sank. It was easily the most disappointing news of the whole e3 (up until the killing of the family plan). Sony's launch lineup is pretty crappy, any way you try to spin it. Hey, it happens to the best of them. It's not like XB1 has some amazing launch lineup either. They both are weak sauce.

Anyways, now I'm hoping that Sony has a secret launch game that they are holding back, that can maybe get me excited to buy one of these consoles at launch. The death of the family plan was really tragic. They threw the baby out with the bathwater.
post #2863 of 15148
I don't think the family plan was as golden as it was made out to be.

I wish these changes were happening after launch, I really wanted to see the result of this new xbone. I knew I wanted no part of it, but I wanted to see how many people did. And to find out how exactly they were getting along with this family plan.
post #2864 of 15148
The Family Plan was already being talked about to prevent money from reaching publishers. This flies against everything MS was talking about for limiting used sales. They may even have looked at it and decided the family plan was worse for them than going back on the DRM. The Family Plan seemed to have been a knee jerk reaction to the outcry and probably fell flat where it mattered.
post #2865 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

The Family Plan was already being talked about to prevent money from reaching publishers. This flies against everything MS was talking about for limiting used sales. They may even have looked at it and decided the family plan was worse for them than going back on the DRM. The Family Plan seemed to have been a knee jerk reaction to the outcry and probably fell flat where it mattered.

Microsoft didn't seem to run quality control on anything they came up with. Xbox One? 5 minutes with a focus group would have churned out XBone and Xbox Done. Family Share? All dat exploitation! They were full of themselves and it bit them in the rear, and in their panic they made it worse and worse with everything they said or did.

Now they have angered their most loyal supporters by going back on the DRM and the people who left because of the DRM are still sceptical of going back thanks to all the flip flopping.
post #2866 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I'm so sorry for abandoning the Sony camp for so long.... haven't posted in this thread for awhile because of two main reasons:


1. Family Share Plan on XB1

2. Lackluster launch lineup for Sony




Yeah, I'll straight up admit it. I've been sleeping with the enemy for the last week or so, after the concept of the family plan started to become clear to me. If any of you PS4 guys sat down and really looked at the possibilities with the family share plan, you'd probably agree with me. DRM and all, it still would have been cheaper for me as a gamer with the original Xbone concept. This new politically correct xbox does nothing for me. The two biggest advantages the thing had went up in smoke (not having to put the disk in the tray).

As for Sony's launch lineup, well that didn't all of a sudden get better. Look, I'll be straight up. The one single next-gen game, where actual gameplay has been shown, that excites me more than any other game is infamous Second Son. When they said it was coming in 2014, my heart sank. It was easily the most disappointing news of the whole e3 (up until the killing of the family plan). Sony's launch lineup is pretty crappy, any way you try to spin it. Hey, it happens to the best of them. It's not like XB1 has some amazing launch lineup either. They both are weak sauce.

Anyways, now I'm hoping that Sony has a secret launch game that they are holding back, that can maybe get me excited to buy one of these consoles at launch. The death of the family plan was really tragic. They threw the baby out with the bathwater.


VIA Adam Sesslers twitter after today's announcements:
Quote:
June 19, 2013
post #2867 of 15148
I don't think Xbox should have changed it's vision. While it's not for me, they should have stuck to their guns and showed why they were different and awesome in their own way.
post #2868 of 15148
Yea but they didn't do it to advance the console . the did it to line their pockets and they got called out on it.
If they weren't so dam greedy they would be sitting atop the pack
post #2869 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I don't think Xbox should have changed it's vision. While it's not for me, they should have stuck to their guns and showed why they were different and awesome in their own way.

I think their vision actually did live a full life. It failed due to being not well articulated at best and poorly thought out at worst. I think they may have decided that it was not awesome in the world of today. They will probably sneak much of it in over time.
post #2870 of 15148
What a surprise, I just got an email from GameStop and it looks like they discovered some missing XBones in a closet because you can now pre-order it again.
post #2871 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

I think their vision actually did live a full life. It failed due to being not well articulated at best and poorly thought out at worst. I think they may have decided that it was not awesome in the world of today. They will probably sneak much of it in over time.

I would be very concerned with that aspect if I were purchasing one. They likely decided that they can boost sales right now doing what the majority want, and then implement their original intent in the long term.
post #2872 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I would be very concerned with that aspect if I were purchasing one. They likely decided that they can boost sales right now doing what the majority want, and then implement their original intent in the long term.

Yes, this is why I am not jumping in. I am still on my plan of PS4 and then Xbone sometime in the future for exclusives. I may buy earlier though.
post #2873 of 15148
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/66512190

This is the start of my efforts to spread the word on free online play for the PS4. The original PS4 topic is linked to in this link, so two topics in one link. biggrin.gif
post #2874 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

http://gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/66512190

This is the start of my efforts to spread the word on free online play for the PS4. The original PS4 topic is linked to in this link, so two topics in one link. biggrin.gif

They are missing the marketing point. It will be interesting to see what happens if Xbone does a reversal in sales.

I do not game much online and I do care. I do not like to pay for the months that I do not use at all.
post #2875 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I'm so sorry for abandoning the Sony camp for so long.... haven't posted in this thread for awhile because of two main reasons:


1. Family Share Plan on XB1

2. Lackluster launch lineup for Sony




Yeah, I'll straight up admit it. I've been sleeping with the enemy for the last week or so, after the concept of the family plan started to become clear to me. If any of you PS4 guys sat down and really looked at the possibilities with the family share plan, you'd probably agree with me. DRM and all, it still would have been cheaper for me as a gamer with the original Xbone concept. This new politically correct xbox does nothing for me. The two biggest advantages the thing had went up in smoke (not having to put the disk in the tray).

As for Sony's launch lineup, well that didn't all of a sudden get better. Look, I'll be straight up. The one single next-gen game, where actual gameplay has been shown, that excites me more than any other game is infamous Second Son. When they said it was coming in 2014, my heart sank. It was easily the most disappointing news of the whole e3 (up until the killing of the family plan). Sony's launch lineup is pretty crappy, any way you try to spin it. Hey, it happens to the best of them. It's not like XB1 has some amazing launch lineup either. They both are weak sauce.

Anyways, now I'm hoping that Sony has a secret launch game that they are holding back, that can maybe get me excited to buy one of these consoles at launch. The death of the family plan was really tragic. They threw the baby out with the bathwater.

It was vaporware. If I had to guess the final nail in the coffin was publishers telling MS that there was no way they'd allow their games to be shared bought for 1/10 the price. Sony already tried that and publishers shut it down quick.

It was announced right before E3 in an attempt to generate at least a tiny bit of positive buzz after the reveal falling flat, and the DRM bomb. Do the math.
post #2876 of 15148
Too late. Still going with the PS4.
post #2877 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

Too late. Still going with the PS4.

This. I'll ll be more than happy with just BF4 for a long time. So I'm not worried about launch lineup or anything.

The way I'm looking at is this. I feel like Sony is bringing out a console just for me. And I'm completely happy with it. Ignorance is bliss.
post #2878 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

Too late. Still going with the PS4.

Pretty much what I said on the xbone thread. But I will eventually get the bone. Before the change, there was no chance.
post #2879 of 15148
LOL

Just got under Cliff Bleszinski skin on twitter by telling him that if the biz isn't working maybe he should have passed on the Lambo he bought and paid his team better or passed that value on to the customer. Seriously though, the guy is a DB and has a net worth of $15 million off of making games. Then turns around and blames entitled gamers for the industry woes. The people that allowed him that paycheck.

I don't disparage anyone's success, but come on. It's not consumers fault that they can't figure out how to make the business work, nor is it their problem to worry about those that fail trying. Trying to punish them and lock down the entire model is just a stop gap to the problems of their own failure. They blame used games now, and later it'll be something else. Symptoms are not the cause.
post #2880 of 15148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I'm so sorry for abandoning the Sony camp for so long.... haven't posted in this thread for awhile because of two main reasons:


1. Family Share Plan on XB1

2. Lackluster launch lineup for Sony




Yeah, I'll straight up admit it. I've been sleeping with the enemy for the last week or so, after the concept of the family plan started to become clear to me. If any of you PS4 guys sat down and really looked at the possibilities with the family share plan, you'd probably agree with me. DRM and all, it still would have been cheaper for me as a gamer with the original Xbone concept. This new politically correct xbox does nothing for me. The two biggest advantages the thing had went up in smoke (not having to put the disk in the tray).

As for Sony's launch lineup, well that didn't all of a sudden get better. Look, I'll be straight up. The one single next-gen game, where actual gameplay has been shown, that excites me more than any other game is infamous Second Son. When they said it was coming in 2014, my heart sank. It was easily the most disappointing news of the whole e3 (up until the killing of the family plan). Sony's launch lineup is pretty crappy, any way you try to spin it. Hey, it happens to the best of them. It's not like XB1 has some amazing launch lineup either. They both are weak sauce.

Anyways, now I'm hoping that Sony has a secret launch game that they are holding back, that can maybe get me excited to buy one of these consoles at launch. The death of the family plan was really tragic. They threw the baby out with the bathwater.

The Family Plan was a great idea in concept, but after reading through your XBOX One thread, I'd say it's safe to say that the stuff you guys were talking about is the exact reason why the Family Plan would've been short-lived had it remained intact. You really can't think for a second that Microsoft or and developer/publisher would let one sale equal ten. It definitely sounded like a good idea on paper, but technically it was meant for families only, not a group of friends, which is why it would've never worked. It was a system destined for abuse.

I'm neutral in this whole next-gen cycle but honestly enjoy the exclusives on the Sony side over Microsofts. Killzone was enough for me to pre-order a system for launch day, I can't say the same for the XBOX One, which at this time, doesn't have anything coming out at launch that interests me at all. Not to say there won't be any games (they would have me at Alan Wake), but I'll likely wait for a price drop on that system before biting the bullet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area