or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation 4 - Page 189

post #5641 of 15186
Meh not interested in launch game comparisons, late 2014 to early 2015 games will give us a much better idea about how much more powerful the PS4 is and how the developers are taking advantage of it. I'm 100% sure the difference will be noticeable and developers will take advantage of it (not all of course).

I also don't think the Xbone's eSRAM will be anywhere near as complicated as the PS3's cell, that **** along with the tools provided for development was so ridiculous it took ages for games to be released on PS3.
post #5642 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post

Meh not interested in launch game comparisons, late 2014 to early 2015 games will give us a much better idea about how much more powerful the PS4 is and how the developers are taking advantage of it. I'm 100% sure the difference will be noticeable and developers will take advantage of it (not all of course).

I also don't think the Xbone's eSRAM will be anywhere near as complicated as the PS3's cell, that **** along with the tools provided for development was so ridiculous it took ages for games to be released on PS3.

True, launch titles are embarrassingly bad. Look back at previous launch titles for consoles of the past, and you'd be shocked at how bad they are compared to games 2-3 years in.

If Perfect Dark Zero got released today on Xbox 360 it would sell one copy. The sole customer would turn out to be one of the Devs moms, and she would use the disc as a coaster to protect her coffee table.

Try playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 for 15min straight before taking the disc out, tossing it into a blender, then throwing your blender into the trunk of your car along with a pound of C4, driving your car off a cliff, detonating the C4, and then renting a D10 Dozer so you can push a 2 ton boulder onto the ashes.
Edited by RexHarrison - 9/14/13 at 1:06am
post #5643 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post

True, launch titles are embarrassingly bad. Look back at previous launch titles for consoles of the past, and you'd be shocked at how bad they are compared to games 2-3 years in.

If Perfect Dark Zero got released today on Xbox 360 it would sell one copy. The sole customer would turn out to be one of the Devs moms, and she would use the disc as a coaster to protect her coffee table.

Try playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 for 15min straight before taking the disc out, tossing it into a blender, then throwing your blender into the trunk of your car along with a pound of C4, driving your car off a cliff, detonating the C4, and then renting a D10 Dozer so you can push a 2 ton boulder onto the ashes.
I think the one exception for the upcoming gen may be Resogun by Housemarque. True, it's not a multi-plat but it seems HM is actually trying to exploit the PS4s tech right off tha bat. I have a feeling the look of Resogun won't be too embarrassing as a launch title.
Edited by ufcraig21 - 9/14/13 at 7:01am
post #5644 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Does this mean we can buy the game, take the code and trade off the game right then and there? That could easily be abused if true...
I don't think that's anything remotely close to abuse, it is so blatantly obvious that they expect and allow it.

Digital Trojan Horse or poorly thought out idea?
trojan horse IMO

Ongoing Neogaf thread on the subject.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=677649

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post


Wow, that could potentially mean paying $30 or less for BF4 after its all said and done. $60 for PS3 version, $10 extra for the PS4 version, and then sell or trade in the PS3 version for $40+.
BF is not CoD, that ps3 disc will maybe get $10 cause of the flooded market

Sounds like a great deal for consumers, and a terrible deal for EA. The market will be flooded with used PS3 BF4 copies, and only a week or two into its release.

I think it IS a great deal, not for Watch Dogs or AC, but certainly bf4 and cod.
post #5645 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post


I think it IS a great deal, not for Watch Dogs or AC, but certainly bf4 and cod.

Gamestop usually offers $35 for a game on their first week at least, combine that with trade in deals and the Power Up card and you could abuse it for any game that offers this deal.
post #5646 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Gamestop usually offers $35 for a game on their first week at least, combine that with trade in deals and the Power Up card and you could abuse it for any game that offers this deal.
First week? But ps4 will be 17 days after bf4 releases.

Guess I could do GS trade in on the 7th day of BF4 for maximum netting and skip one week. $59 - ($35 + ($35x10%) + $9.99 = $31.48 for DD bf4 would not be shabby, since most will be paying $50 for premium
post #5647 of 15186
Yeah, I will probably buy my PS3 copies, play them for a bit to build up my rank then trade them for full value towards PSN cards. Same goes for single player stuff, but I will do that on the PS4 launch day. (I may go to the midnight launches for the games and find someone willing to sell me their code for $15-$20 and really make out.)

Hopefully the terms and conditions allow this, it would allow me to get a bunch of games I hadn't planned on.
post #5648 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Yeah, I will probably buy my PS3 copies, play them for a bit to build up my rank then trade them for full value towards PSN cards. Same goes for single player stuff, but I will do that on the PS4 launch day. (I may go to the midnight launches for the games and find someone willing to sell me their code for $15-$20 and really make out.)

Hopefully the terms and conditions allow this, it would allow me to get a bunch of games I hadn't planned on.
You're going to give them $15-20 AND make out with them for their code? Guess everyone has his price 😉
post #5649 of 15186
All of the details on this BF4 deal have not been released yet. So don't get too excited.

I'm thinking at the very least, you'll have to have your PS3 BF4 disc in your PS3, and be signed into your PSN account. This will be the only way you can enter your voucher code. At this point BF4 for PS4 will be credited to your PSN account. Then you can turn on your PS4, log into PSN account, and download BF4 for $10.

This will eliminate selling codes to some degree. However, you'll still get to trade in your PS3 copy, but I have a feeling the value will be no more than $10 @ GameStop. Because Gamestop is not stupid and they are aware of the promotion, also I believe the discs that came with vouchers will be specially labeled.

So if you plan on getting BF4 for less than $60 you'll have to sell it privately. On eBay, Amazon, etc. , but there will be so many copies for sale, you'll have a hard time selling it unless you charge like $20 or less.
post #5650 of 15186
Anyone else has second toughts about getting the PS4 at launch? I just cancelled my order.
Don't get me wrong, I want it as bad as you guys but there is no launch games I really want.
And GTV is coming out next week, Fifa 14 the week after and beyond two souls in October. Few free games Like Hitman Absolution I still have to play yet,...
Will probably get the PS4 for Christmas or after.
post #5651 of 15186
Thread Starter 
Nope, wish it launched earlier. I'm very much looking forward to Killzone SF (with improved DualShock 4 controls), Pinball Arcade super HD, DriveClub, Resogun, and trying a few of the FTP titles on day one.

As for upcoming PS3 games that I have interest in, I've decided to hold off and either play them later under PS+ if they become available, or buy them when they get a PS4 makeover (Gran Turismo, TLoU, etc,.).
post #5652 of 15186
joe, you really shouldn't wait on The Last of Us... Easy contender for game of the generation.
post #5653 of 15186
Thread Starter 
All the reason that I am content to wait. My first experience with it will be of the highest quality.
post #5654 of 15186
You'll end up like me, keeping on waiting for FF7 remake and I STILL didn't play that classic.
post #5655 of 15186
I'm starting to shop for a quality pair of headphones for my gaming setup. (since a proper sound system really isn't an option for me) I looked at wireless solutions, but the lowest quality I would accept was over $200 and I feel that I can get a lot more quality for a lot less in a wired setup. I'm probably going to get a decent quality amp for volume control and a Sennheiser HD-518. (currently my front runner)

Time to finally upgrade from stock speakers on my Sharp.
Edited by PENDRAG0ON - 9/14/13 at 6:34pm
post #5656 of 15186
You should be in the headphone thread in the xbox section, then. I have a set of DT880 now and was looking at getting some K702. I'm afraid of the knobs on the headband though and not really looking to pay an extra $200 for the anniversary version that doesn't have knobs.
post #5657 of 15186
Has anybody heard anything regarding how the PSN profiles will work on PS4. Like is there a limit to the number of profiles you can put on a PS4 ? Reason I'm asking, is because I have this one account that has PS+ till May 2014, but it's not my primary gamertag. It's this account I got when I bought this guys used Vita. I was hoping to put that on there to try out DriveClub and stuff like that.

Yet, I still want to have my normal account on there as well, and hopefully my kids accounts as well. This might have already been discussed, but this thread is too huge to try to find when it was discussed...
post #5658 of 15186
I don't see any reason why you can't use multiple PS Plus subscriptions on a single PS4, we just don't know how many PS4s you can activate a PSN account on though, the limit for PS3s at the moment is 2 (used to be 5) and PS4 will probably be the same.
post #5659 of 15186
Hopefully it acts like the Playstation 3 does instead of how the PSP & Vita handles (Or I should say, doesn't handle) multiple PSN accounts.

I don't see much need for multiple US accounts although I understand your specific need. But it would be a shame to have a region free console but be locked out of acquiring patches or even making purchases for an import region if one is willing to import a points card by not allowing multiple PSN accounts to reside on the system at the same time.

I love being able to have a UK account on my PS3 right along with a US account. Wish the handhelds did similarly because I'd love to download a couple of PSN games not available over here.
Edited by Leo_Ames - 9/14/13 at 8:17pm
post #5660 of 15186
I would think on a home console you would HAVE to offer the option of multiple accounts, and all games installed on the hard drive should work on all accounts on that specific PS4. They have to know that families are going to buy this thing, and they are all going to want to have their PSN accounts on it.
post #5661 of 15186
PC and PS4 version of GTA seems to be confirmed by files found on the 360 version of the game. (Which was recently leaked)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=678177

This is still a rumor, but it seems to have gotten a little more meat to it now.
post #5662 of 15186
Snagged a Vita today. It was nice signing into PS Plus and having Uncharted, some cool ass pinball, and some other stuff already waiting.
post #5663 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I would think on a home console you would HAVE to offer the option of multiple accounts, and all games installed on the hard drive should work on all accounts on that specific PS4. They have to know that families are going to buy this thing, and they are all going to want to have their PSN accounts on it.

It seems like a safe bet.

But then again I never saw any reason for the limit on the PSP that limited you to one account per memory card or the even more restrictive Vita that actually has to be reset to factory settings as well.
post #5664 of 15186
Did the PS3 version of the last Grand Torismo have a good bike sim?
I'm really hoping for one from the PS4.
All I really wanted out of the PS3 was a new Tourist Trophy...
I held out waiting for the right demo and never did see what I wanted
post #5665 of 15186
Only cars and a few karts. No motorcycles yet despite Tourist Trophy appearing to be well received. I think Gran Turismo was such a daunting task for them this generation that they just never had any extra resources for Tourist Trophy 2.

They appear to be finally getting into the swing of things with HD game development with Gran Turismo 6 shortly on the way and talks of GT7. So maybe there will Tourist Trophy 2 one of these days.
post #5666 of 15186
Assuming the bluray player is better than the PS3 its all good
Hopefully its better then the current oppo (how can you justify $500 for a player?) (Only) and then we're all laughing.
post #5667 of 15186
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Snagged a Vita today. It was nice signing into PS Plus and having Uncharted, some cool ass pinball, and some other stuff already waiting.
Welcome to the club!
post #5668 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

PC and PS4 version of GTA seems to be confirmed by files found on the 360 version of the game. (Which was recently leaked)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=678177

This is still a rumor, but it seems to have gotten a little more meat to it now.

If true then I don't feel bad for holding off on GTA5
post #5669 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Snagged a Vita today. It was nice signing into PS Plus and having Uncharted, some cool ass pinball, and some other stuff already waiting.

So how are you liking it ? Did you pick up a new one or purchase used.
post #5670 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

So how are you liking it ? Did you pick up a new one or purchase used.
Digging it. Got a prewoned to save a buck but it was obvious this one was bought and returned pretty quickly not a scratch on it. Picked up Dragon's Crown and a 4 gig memory stick too. This thing needs to be full blown remote control/controller for the PS3 and 4.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area