or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation 4 - Page 190

post #5671 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

So how are you liking it ? Did you pick up a new one or purchase used.
Digging it. Got a prewoned to save a buck but it was obvious this one was bought and returned pretty quickly not a scratch on it. Picked up Dragon's Crown and a 4 gig memory stick too. This thing needs to be full blown remote control/controller for the PS3 and 4.
Tons of great free games with a Plus subscription for the Vita. You should last a few weeks on those alone.

Stilgar and Rell? I like your taste in movies.
post #5672 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Tons of great free games with a Plus subscription for the Vita. You should last a few weeks on those alone.

Stilgar and Rell? I like your taste in movies.

I don't always wear suits but when I do I wear them in a desert fashion.
post #5673 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Digging it. Got a prewoned to save a buck but it was obvious this one was bought and returned pretty quickly not a scratch on it. Picked up Dragon's Crown and a 4 gig memory stick too. This thing needs to be full blown remote control/controller for the PS3 and 4.

The only thing that has me thinking of picking up a Vita right now is the Powerstone Collection. I loved those games on Dreamcast and apparently PSP/Vita is the only platform that has them currently.
post #5674 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Tons of great free games with a Plus subscription for the Vita. You should last a few weeks on those alone.

Stilgar and Rell? I like your taste in movies.

I don't always wear suits but when I do I wear them in a desert fashion.
LOL
post #5675 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

Anyone else has second toughts about getting the PS4 at launch? I just cancelled my order.
Don't get me wrong, I want it as bad as you guys but there is no launch games I really want.
And GTV is coming out next week, Fifa 14 the week after and beyond two souls in October. Few free games Like Hitman Absolution I still have to play yet,...
Will probably get the PS4 for Christmas or after.

I got a feeling GTA will be out on PS4 before Christmas. Otherwise KZSF and BF4 look to have more than enough MP time to keep me going for a while. AC:BF looks interesting (maybe a rental), and a lot of the Indy games look fantastic. Driveclub gets more and more interesting the more I see it, and heck it'll be free. But I think that one will depend on how many of by clan buds play it and compete with/against each other.

PS3 could have been put off for a while because there were literally no games. PS4's looking much better.

Still, my PS3 will be hooked up for a while as well. Too many games not enough time!
post #5676 of 15246
Day one for me is Minecraft, Resogun and Driveclub Plus Edition. Anything else will depend on the current gen trade ups I go for. Games with demos will also help. I have a dozen games I want, but I am not jumping on all of them right away.
post #5677 of 15246
I highly doubt that if they have a XB1/PS4 version tat it would show up two months after release of next week.
post #5678 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

I got a feeling GTA will be out on PS4 before Christmas. Otherwise KZSF and BF4 look to have more than enough MP time to keep me going for a while. AC:BF looks interesting (maybe a rental), and a lot of the Indy games look fantastic. Driveclub gets more and more interesting the more I see it, and heck it'll be free. But I think that one will depend on how many of by clan buds play it and compete with/against each other.

PS3 could have been put off for a while because there were literally no games. PS4's looking much better.

Still, my PS3 will be hooked up for a while as well. Too many games not enough time!

PS3 was a turd to program for, and pissed off many Devs. There was no reason to own one until 3.5 to 4 years in. This was magnified by the fact that the 360 was an awesome console (until they all started breaking) and it had a full year head start. A lot of gamers including me, bought a 360 and never considered switching over to the super expensive PS3 which had zero exclusives.

PS4 is doing everything right so far. Some might argue that having to pay for online gaming now is a bad thing. We'll have to wait and see about that. If it's as good or better then Xbox Live then it's well worth it. PSN is pretty crappy as it stands as a free service. Last night I tried to buy a digital copy of The Last Of Us, and PSN would not let me. It kept saying " cannot add funds to wallet" with no explanation as to why. All my billing info is correct, my credit car has plenty of money on it, and PSN refused to take my $ !!! What a JOKE. No wonder Sony is in the Red, they won't even let you buy stuff from them !

Anyways, back on topic. If you have the money now, I see no reason to wait. There are going to more than enough good titles at launch, and it looks like they've planned upcoming AAA titles to release in a way that there will be no dry spells.
post #5679 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post

[quote name="TyrantII" url="/t/1459375/playstation-4/5670#post_23738042"]I got a feeling GTA will be out on PS4 before Christmas. Otherwise KZSF and BF4 look to have more than enough MP time to keep me going for a while. AC:BF looks interesting (maybe a rental), and a lot of the Indy games look fantastic. Driveclub gets more and more interesting the more I see it, and heck it'll be free. But I think that one will depend on how many of by clan buds play it and compete with/against each other.PS3 could have been put off for a while because there were literally no games. PS4's looking much better. Still, my PS3 will be hooked up for a while as well. Too many games not enough time![/quote]PS3 was a turd to program for, and pissed off many Devs. There was no reason to own one until 3.5 to 4 years in. This was magnified by the fact that the 360 was an awesome console (until they all started breaking) and it had a full year head start. A lot of gamers including me, bought a 360 and never considered switching over to the super expensive PS3 which had zero exclusives. PS4 is doing everything right so far. Some might argue that having to pay for online gaming now is a bad thing. We'll have to wait and see about that. If it's as good or better then Xbox Live then it's well worth it. PSN is pretty crappy as it stands as a free service. Last night I tried to buy a digital copy of The Last Of Us, and PSN would not let me. It kept saying " cannot add funds to wallet" with no explanation as to why. All my billing info is correct, my credit car has plenty of money on it, and PSN refused to take my $ !!! What a JOKE. No wonder Sony is in the Red, they won't even let you buy stuff from them !Anyways, back on topic. If you have the money now, I see no reason to wait. There are going to more than enough good titles at launch, and it looks like they've planned upcoming AAA titles to release in a way that there will be no dry spells.

The inability to add a credit card is their newest anti hacking feature! I kid, I kid biggrin.gif
post #5680 of 15246
The way I figure it, I'm getting them both eventually, so why wait? Even if the X1 sits idle for half a year until titanfall comes out, I'm just stoked to finally have some new hardware.
post #5681 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post

PS3 was a turd to program for, and pissed off many Devs.
False
Quote:
There was no reason to own one until 3.5 to 4 years in.
False
Quote:
This was magnified by the fact that the 360 was an awesome console
False
post #5682 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

The only thing that has me thinking of picking up a Vita right now is the Powerstone Collection. I loved those games on Dreamcast and apparently PSP/Vita is the only platform that has them currently.

This Dragon's Crown is fun and layered with cool mechanics. The buttons all respond nicely and the screen is really nice. If it was a full blown remote for the PS3 It'd be even more awesome. I want to browse Netflix/youtube/whatever on the vita and then throw the video to the PS3.
Edited by darthrsg - 9/15/13 at 5:07pm
post #5683 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

False


False



False

Thank you for your insight.

It took 3 years for the PS3 to drop below $400, finally going to $299 with the slim in 2009. Devs were vocal about the difficulties of developing for the PS3. The lack of variety of games compared to the 360 made it hard to justify the $400-$500 price tag. The 360 is still the most played console in the US. If I didn't have 2 360's RROD on me, I probably wouldn't even own a PS3 to be honest.

I still would've have chosen PS4 for next gen though. Sony's doing everything right this time and has me very excited for launch day. Msoft should change the name from Xbox One to Xbox Oneighty, because they have completely given up any, and all advantages they had over Sony by straying away from the concept of a gaming console and going with a media box that plays games.
post #5684 of 15246
PS3 had enough games to justify the purchase back in 2007 when Uncharted and Ratchet released. It really picked up speed in 2009, which is also when the 360's releases began to dry up. Up until then the 360 had remained my primary console, but the lack of exclusives pushed me more and more to the PS3.
post #5685 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post



I still would've have chosen PS4 for next gen though. Sony's doing everything right this time and has me very excited for launch day. Msoft should change the name from Xbox One to Xbox Oneighty, because they have completely given up any, and all advantages they had over Sony by straying away from the concept of a gaming console and going with a media box that plays games.


Agreed, I'm fully expecting the best Multiplat versions to always be on the PS4 because of its power which also gives it a future advantage. So it makes sense that it is my choice for nextgen console,

I am also thinking of picking up Resogun .
Edited by samendolaro - 9/15/13 at 5:29pm
post #5686 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

If it was a full blown remote for the PS3 It'd be even more awesome. I want to browse Netflix/youtube/whatever on the vita and then throw the video to the PS3.

It is so significantly odd to me that there is no IP control of some form over the PS3 that I have to wonder at this point if it's actually impossible due to hardware limitation (small RAM?).

The PS3 was the best Smart BD player simply by default not because of anything advanced or special, but because it was a gaming console, Sony had incentive to keep providing updates, no other BD player manufacturer does this because no company cares after POS; generally the player is simply stuck with whatever firmware was on it at purchase time.

I will probably rage tweet Sony if open IP control is not on the PS4. See Roomie Remote.
post #5687 of 15246
Go bug Yoshida on twitter, before its too late smile.gif
post #5688 of 15246
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/09/16/this-is-what-120-ps4-devkits-looks-like
Quote:


Naughty Dog is being a naughty tease, showing off a picture of 120 PS4 devkits that arrived at the office today.

"Look at what arrived today at Naughty Dog... 120 more PS4 devkits! #PS4 #naughtydog,"

Who the hell needs 120 dev kits... smile.gif looks like something is brewing
post #5689 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/09/16/this-is-what-120-ps4-devkits-looks-like
Who the hell needs 120 dev kits... smile.gif looks like something is brewing

Hell yeah biggrin.gif I can not wait to see what ND puts out. They are truly in a league of their own.
post #5690 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Day one for me is Minecraft, Resogun and Driveclub Plus Edition. Anything else will depend on the current gen trade ups I go for. Games with demos will also help. I have a dozen games I want, but I am not jumping on all of them right away.
I am glad I'm not the only one looking forward to Minecraft finally having its day on the PS Network. I've played the game on my PC for years and yet its still going to be the very first thing i play when I fire up the new system on Nov. 15th.

If BF3 wasn't part of the bundle I'm not sure I sure I would pick up a AAA until the holiday break.
post #5691 of 15246
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/09/16/nolan-north-on-ps4-ive-seen-some-stuff-i-couldnt-believe-it-was-gameplay/


Quote:
After talking about the graphical evolution of the Uncharted games and Naughty Dog titles, he continued:

I’ve seen some stuff… gameplay… that they’re testing for… I don’t remember what game it was but they were doing some testing on the PS4 and I couldn’t believe it was gameplay. I mean, it’s extraordinary technology.
post #5692 of 15246



The QD The Sorcerer showed as much. I honestly found it more impressive than the Unreal Engine demo, and it was done in 6 months with PS3 tools. Now imagine mature PS4 tools and assembly API's?

A new God of War is going to be insane... (for example). They just need to find a good story that hopefully leaves GOW where it ended and moves the game forward.
post #5693 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post



The QD The Sorcerer showed as much. I honestly found it more impressive than the Unreal Engine demo, and it was done in 6 months with PS3 tools. Now imagine mature PS4 tools and assembly API's?

The sorcerer while strongly against my taste, was NUCKING FUTTS graphics.
post #5694 of 15246
How soon will we see GTA V on PS4?
post #5695 of 15246
Christmas. Mark my word it's already done.
post #5696 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruB4 View Post

How soon will we see GTA V on PS4?

They have to officially anounce it first, and that isn't happening until sales slow down in a few weeks at the earliest. It may not even happen until after the new year to avoid hurting Christmas sales.
post #5697 of 15246
http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/317655-Nolan-North-on-PS4-%C2%93I%C2%92ve-Seen-Some-Stuff%C2%85-I-Couldn%C2%92t-Believe-it-was-Gameplay%C2%94

this was the actual video interview. You can tell by they way he was talking that he was referring to Uncharted 4 . He almost screwed up and said it .
post #5698 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruB4 View Post

How soon will we see GTA V on PS4?

My guess is mid-January, right after a bunch of kids get it for Christmas for last gen.

But also, I have no idea what I'm saying.
post #5699 of 15246
I've been reading over this thread and can't believe some of the speculative criticism; most of which is based on anecdotes from 2006 and earlier. This launch will not bear the same fruit. All companies have learned from those past disappointments, including the miserable launch of the also-ran Wii U trash.

I see a lot of nice launch window titles, including the cross platform games such as Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, and Battlefield 4. But Killzone, Forza, NBA 2K, Titanfall, and maybe a couple others look great. Reviews will tell the tale, but these developers know that we won't pay for crap this time around since the average gaming consumer is much older than in past launches.

These systems aren't really for kids anymore. Kids are still important, but only make up 35-40% of the gaming market. Grown men like myself are the target, and I, like many, spend my money wisely. College age men are even more hard to please.

I am very optimistic of the new gen launch window games, and will get to them just as soon as I'm done with GTA 5! smile.gif
post #5700 of 15246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

My guess is mid-January, right after a bunch of kids get it for Christmas for last gen.

But also, I have no idea what I'm saying.

I don't get this argument. If GTA V were ready at launch for next gen, you better believe they wouldn't hold it back. It'd be a HUGE next gen title, probably the biggest. Regardless of which console sells the most copies ( current gen or next gen) of GTA V, Rockstar still gets the money.

They aren't holding off until after Christmas, that'd be the dumbest idea ever. The idea that because there's a next gen version of GTA on the market it'll make the people with current gen consoles not want to play the current gen version, is down right insane. Cross gen multiplats will sell better on PS3 and 360 at first because the base is huge. There are over 100 million of those consoles in homes. There are not 100 million preorders for next gen consoles.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area