or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation 4 - Page 250

post #7471 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

I have it in writing from an amazon support chat that my original launch will now come with 2 ds4s. I'll be sure I hold them to it smile.gif

I have ethical problems with screwing a good company that has given me nothing but an absolutely positive experience.
You clearly knew what you ordered and clearly know it was linking error to an item you didn't order. Why are people doing this?
$60 is not worth your soul.
post #7472 of 15247
SONY to reveal The PS4 Processor November 13th at AMD APU13 "Inside PlayStation 4: Building the Best Place to Play"

Quote:
Sony to unveil the PS4's never seen before SoC at APU 13

8:30 - 9:30 a.m. (PST), Wednesday, November 13:
Dominic Mallinson, senior vice president, Software, Sony: "Inside PlayStation 4: Building the Best Place to Play"
post #7473 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post

Music Unlimited is pretty awesome. 1000's of CDs. Instant streaming. Whats super cool is getting the ipod App... then airplaying music unlimited straight to your Yamaha receiver.

I've used it 3 times in the last year, but when you do, you get lost for hours playing so many songs.

Yet when i had a subscription a few years back, i could never find anything i wanted to listen to. i finally got frustrated and cancelled the sevice so i wasnt wasting money. is there any way to find out if a specific artist or album is represented on MU?
post #7474 of 15247
RTL News in the Netherlands recently interviewed Jim Ryan from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

The Neogaf thread organized it better than I could on mobile, so I'll link it instead.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=708422
post #7475 of 15247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

SONY to reveal The PS4 Processor November 13th at AMD APU13 "Inside PlayStation 4: Building the Best Place to Play"

Hmmm, Sony never actually revealed the processor speed, though many have assumed 1.6GHz for each of its eight cores.
post #7476 of 15247
anyone know if those WD NAS red drives would be good for the ps4

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236600
post #7477 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Hmmm, Sony never actually revealed the processor speed, though many have assumed 1.6GHz for each of its eight cores.

Yea I wouldn't read too much into it.. But we already know that the 1.6ghz processor is really underpowered for the size gpu in the ps4, if the designers wanted to make sure they could make full use of all the gpu cores for graphics then a faster CPU would be needed.

Sony has never mentioned the specs of the CPU which is odd so it could go either way. heck it may even be worse.... Wouldn't that cause some waves...
post #7478 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

SONY to reveal The PS4 Processor November 13th at AMD APU13 "Inside PlayStation 4: Building the Best Place to Play"

And the last spec falls!

So, will there be FUD rumor mongering that it's really a Intel Pentium II up till the release date?

smile.gif
post #7479 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

Sony has never mentioned the specs of the CPU which is odd so it could go either way. heck it may even be worse.... Wouldn't that cause some waves...

Cause some waves, certainly.

I'm happy there is finally a newer console.

If the hardware/software is easy to develop for then I surmise upgradeability is also easy; I wouldn't mind a PS5 in 2016. If they aren't going to release consoles with removable upgradeable video cards, than at least release a new console every 3 years. The knowledge base, enthusiasm, and technology certainly makes it plausible to design games to be forward/backward compatible from here on out like Apple has done (very common to see games for iPad 2,3,4 but not 1) OR pair 2 PS4s together via gigabit for double the framerate.
post #7480 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

And the last spec falls!
So, will there be FUD rumor mongering that it's really a Intel Pentium II up till the release date?
smile.gif

Sony is good at hardware, it'll be no less than quad-hyperlinked Pentium III.
post #7481 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

Sony is good at hardware, it'll be no less than quad-hyperlinked Pentium III.

But will it have blast processing?
post #7482 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

RTL News in the Netherlands recently interviewed Jim Ryan from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

The Neogaf thread organized it better than I could on mobile, so I'll link it instead.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=708422
Quote:
I launched the PS3 seven years ago at 599 euros. I decided I never want to do that again.

LOL.
post #7483 of 15247
PS4 update 1.50 is already live on the web apparently:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706047&highlight=1+5+firmware

I'd caution against using this one until it's live on the sony support site and confirmed to be the same. But doesn't hurt grabbing it now and keeping an eye on that thread so you're ready to go.


I do have to say I'm a tad worried about the state PSN will be in for at launch. It's going to be one heck of a stress test with all the new users they'll probably be getting. Hopefully Sony has prepared better than most publishers do so with their games.
Edited by TyrantII - 11/3/13 at 9:43am
post #7484 of 15247
I don't know if everyone knew this but I thought this was kind of important. I always assumed gaikai was a sony/PS4 exclusive thing.


Quote:
Interviewer asks, since you can play PS4 games on PS Vita, whether or not it is possible that we will also see this happen on tablets, smartphones, PCs, etc.

It's not possible: it's certain. We acquired a company called Gaikai a couple of years ago, which provides a cloud streaming service. Starting next year in North-America and soon to follow in Europe, we will start streaming PlayStation gaming experiences to PlayStation devices, but also to non-PlayStation devices: smartphones, tablets, laptop computers, televisions, blu-ray players.

Will you only stream PlayStation games to Sony tablets/smartphones/TVs/etc.?

No. We will stream to, obviously Sony products, but also the possibility to stream to non-Sony products is definitely on the horizon.
post #7485 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

SONY to reveal The PS4 Processor November 13th at AMD APU13 "Inside PlayStation 4: Building the Best Place to Play"

What are the potential benefits/downsides of a slightly faster or slower processor?
post #7486 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

PS4 update 1.50 is already live on the web apparently:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706047&highlight=1+5+firmware

I'd caution against using this one until it's live on the sony support site and confirmed to be the same. But doesn't hurt grabbing it now and keeping an eye on that thread so you're ready to go.


I do have to say I'm a tad worried about the state PSN will be in for at launch. It's going to be one heck of a stress test with all the new users they'll probably be getting. Hopefully Sony has prepared better than most publishers so with their games.


How was the PSN when GTAV went live. I'd say that's a pretty close barometer. Not everyone downloaded the game but there must have been more than your average game.
post #7487 of 15247
Not sure. I know some people complained about slow digital downloads, but hard to tell if that was GTA or BAU

smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

What are the potential benefits/downsides of a slightly faster or slower processor?

More power for games. But at the same time Cerny thinks long term gaming will be moving away from CPU to more a reliance on GPGPU. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn it's clocked a bit less than expected with that in mind.

But in tech and specs more is always better.

smile.gif
post #7488 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I don't know if everyone knew this but I thought this was kind of important. I always assumed gaikai was a sony/PS4 exclusive thing.

Pretty smart, especially if the price is right. Quality might not be as good as natively running those games, but thats the hook for you to buy the hardware where you don't have the downfalls of using the streaming service.

It's a revenue generator and advertising vehicle all in one. And eventually when ISP's catch up, it takes off the pressure on needing the hardware and improves quality/performance.
post #7489 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Pretty smart, especially if the price is right. Quality might not be as good as natively running those games, but thats the hook for you to buy the hardware where you don't have the downfalls of using the streaming service.

It's a revenue generator and advertising vehicle all in one. And eventually when ISP's catch up, it takes off the pressure on needing the hardware and improves quality/performance.

And that my friends, is why DS4 works on PC.
post #7490 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Not sure. I know some people complained about slow digital downloads, but hard to tell if that was GTA or BAU

smile.gif
More power for games. But at the same time Cerny thinks long term gaming will be moving away from CPU to more a reliance on GPGPU. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn it's clocked a bit less than expected with that in mind.

But in tech and specs more is always better.

smile.gif

I thought we were mostly already there with less significance on the CPU.
post #7491 of 15247
Yes and no. Games really haven't utilized parallel threading much, even on PC. Thats why you'll see one core near 100% utilization while the others have spikes now and then as tasks are inefficiently offloaded. There's still plenty of room to code towards multhreaded, multicore CPU's and get significant gains.
post #7492 of 15247
A quick rundown of the leaks regarding clock speeds for both consoles.

The last we heard of the processor specs for PS4 was 800mhz gpu and 1.6ghz cpu. This matched the rumors and was confirmed in the Killzone dev slides from the reveal demo. Nothing since has been talked about, random rumors swirled that it may be upclocked as high as 1ghz/2.4ghz, which would drastically raise the heat generated by the console. Unless they planned this while making the first APUs to come of the line, this could lead to units that just die as soon as you power them on.

Microsoft had the same clock speeds for the Xbox One according to the rumors from 2012, but were never fully confirmed. Microsoft announced the clock speeds and claimed an upclock over their target. This was preceeded by rumors of poor yields thanks to esram and a possible downclock. (This was not a Cboat rumor, so grain of salt)

Now the rumors are of hardware instability thanks to this upclock. (Since it was probably not tested fully, thanks to the late hour it happened, the day one update enables the upclock) Cboat knows something, but won't comment until launch. (That scares me, he had no issue leaking the RROD prior to launch)


And that covers most of the rumors about both systems. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this event.
post #7493 of 15247
Uncharted 4 confirmed?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=708506

What jumps out at me is that it doesn't say who is making it is confirmed...
post #7494 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I have ethical problems with screwing a good company that has given me nothing but an absolutely positive experience.
You clearly knew what you ordered and clearly know it was linking error to an item you didn't order. Why are people doing this?
$60 is not worth your soul.

such a great post.. very well said..
post #7495 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Glad my pr senses still work. biggrin.gif

Everyone needs to grab Dark Arisen, got 200 hours in my main file.

I played a demo of dragons dogma and it seems interesting to me. so dark arisen is the same as DD just with expanded content? if thats the case i'll get that. just got tales of xillia but when i finish with that i'm going to need something to tide me over till dragon age:inquisition comes out and persona 5.
post #7496 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

Cause some waves, certainly.

I'm happy there is finally a newer console.

If the hardware/software is easy to develop for then I surmise upgradeability is also easy; I wouldn't mind a PS5 in 2016. If they aren't going to release consoles with removable upgradeable video cards, than at least release a new console every 3 years. The knowledge base, enthusiasm, and technology certainly makes it plausible to design games to be forward/backward compatible from here on out like Apple has done (very common to see games for iPad 2,3,4 but not 1) OR pair 2 PS4s together via gigabit for double the framerate.

Negative.

As a lifelong consolr gamer i can tell you ith certainty that most console gamers hve no desire to upgrade to a new console every 3 years. 5 years is the niminum. i would not relish spending $400-$500 every three years on new hardware.
post #7497 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

I played a demo of dragons dogma and it seems interesting to me. so dark arisen is the same as DD just with expanded content? if thats the case i'll get that. just got tales of xillia but when i finish with that i'm going to need something to tide me over till dragon age:inquisition comes out and persona 5.

There are two demos, the original Griffin Battle and the Adventure demo which allows you to play the first hour of the full game. (Not counting the intro with Sevan and the Chimera that is in both)

Dark Arisen fixes a lot of issues with the original, improves the performance somewhat and adds a whole new area that expands on the story. (Best to ignore it until your new game plus run, it has major spoilers for the true ending)
post #7498 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

Negative.

As a lifelong consolr gamer i can tell you ith certainty that most console gamers hve no desire to upgrade to a new console every 3 years. 5 years is the niminum. i would not relish spending $400-$500 every three years on new hardware.
+1
post #7499 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

Negative.

As a lifelong consolr gamer i can tell you ith certainty that most console gamers hve no desire to upgrade to a new console every 3 years. 5 years is the niminum. i would not relish spending $400-$500 every three years on new hardware.
And @ambesolman

You clearly skipped the last part, so it's moot with your logic.
Links for your certainty about how all console gamers feel about upgrading, or was that anecdotal guesstimates?
If we are talking guesses my guess is that the PS4 didn't sellout globally in a week because console gamers are globally nonchalant about upgrading.
And if I'm ready to upgrade in 3 years and you aren't then Sony should cater to not selling?
I'm being trolled right?
post #7500 of 15247
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

Negative.

As a lifelong consolr gamer i can tell you ith certainty that most console gamers hve no desire to upgrade to a new console every 3 years. 5 years is the niminum. i would not relish spending $400-$500 every three years on new hardware.

I have a strong desire to upgrade every 3 years. This 7 year cycle is pure garbage. People upgrade their stupid iPhones every year, so I don't see why we have to wait so long to get an upgrade.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area