or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) - Page 2

post #31 of 993
The OWL sounds like it could be fun. I just wonder how good the touchpad can be, especially in this game.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #32 of 993
Twitter interview up: http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/interviews/2013-06-28_steven-ter-heide.html

Quote:
@PsVitaLifeStyle asks: Will the guns and characters have the same weight and feel like Killzone 3?

“The feel of the weapons is hugely important to us. We have always gone for a way to connect the player to the game-world. This should never feel cumbersome or frustrating, but be responsive and allow for fluid gameplay that has a believable weight to it. This weight is created through realistic animations and should not be a result of input lag, which is something which gets often confused.



@StevenNoble asks: Can you customize control layout? I struggled when moving between Killzone, Battlefield and Call of Duty.

“We are ensuring that the default setting feels intuitive and covers the important gameplay mechanics that we have in Killzone: Shadow Fall. It always takes experimentation and lots of testing to get this right, and we realize that even then it’s probably not the best layout for everyone. So we will provide options to change the layout. The new controller feels different in a couple of important areas, and we are taking advantage of the new features and feel. But if, for example, you don’t like to fire using the new outward curved triggers, you can change that.
post #33 of 993
Hello


I've never played any of the Killzone games before and don't know the history of it. Even though I have the 360 I'm getting the PS4 Bundle w/Killzone in it.What I've seen so far is pretty solid looking. The OWL is a pretty neat concept and should make playing more fun. It's almost like a Borderland character we know...Mordecai with his bird. The footage using the Bubble Shiled was out of Halo and that was pretty cool. I'm looking forward to this.
post #34 of 993
Thread Starter 
Well, unless you go back to play the previous games to learn the back story, your best option is to read through an online summary. This epic NeoGAF post has a fantastic write-up on 300+ years of the Killzone saga in an easy-to-digest format (reprinted from a deleted developer webpage).

BTW, welcome to the PlayStation family! You might considering adding your gamer ID, location and genre likes into this AVS thread if you want some fellow soldiers to join forces with you when the PS4 touches down.
Edited by joeblow - 6/28/13 at 7:55pm
post #35 of 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.DTS View Post

Hello


I've never played any of the Killzone games before and don't know the history of it. Even though I have the 360 I'm getting the PS4 Bundle w/Killzone in it.What I've seen so far is pretty solid looking. The OWL is a pretty neat concept and should make playing more fun. It's almost like a Borderland character we know...Mordecai with his bird. The footage using the Bubble Shiled was out of Halo and that was pretty cool. I'm looking forward to this.


I'm getting almost the same bundle. As I recall I was unable to beat the final level in KZ2 probably my favorite shooter though.
post #36 of 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Well, unless you go back to play the previous games to learn the back story, your best option is to read through an online summary. This epic NeoGAF post has a fantastic write-up on 300+ years of the Killzone saga in an easy-to-digest format (reprinted from a deleted developer webpage).

BTW, welcome to the PlayStation family! You might considering adding your gamer ID, location and genre likes into this AVS thread if you want some fellow soldiers to join forces with you when the PS4 touches down.


Thank you much the info and link...did not know it went back that far and story was that in depth. I'm really forward to this...the game...the PS4...PS+ and some new friends. I've got about five 360 friends getting a PS4 and we'll stay in touch via the 360 till we see what MS will do.

I've had some ask why I didn't get the BF4 bundle and told them I'll wait and see what Best Buy might do. They always seem to have some sort of exclussive, bonus or deal for Gamer Club members with BF and COD series. I figured they wouldn't have with Killzone though Watchdogs does look good. Right now it's Killzone and BF4 though if I don't get Knack a certain 5 year old will be very upset.
post #37 of 993
I'm a casual gamer and the only reason I bought a PS3 was for Killzone 2. I also liked Killzone 3 and thought the 3D was fun. I wish the new Killzone also had 3D. After I finish the campaigns of a couple games I have on the go I'm going to play Killzone 1 in HD on the ps3 (download on PSN or buy the trilogy). I'm buying the PS4 1st just because of the new Killzone game. I fully expect to have to buy an xbox one as well for some exclusive. Gears of War will probably make a return, which is another series I enjoy. I better finish BF3 as well so I can pick up BF4 tongue.gif
post #38 of 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepP View Post

I'm a casual gamer and the only reason I bought a PS3 was for Killzone 2. I also liked Killzone 3 and thought the 3D was fun. I wish the new Killzone also had 3D. After I finish the campaigns of a couple games I have on the go I'm going to play Killzone 1 in HD on the ps3 (download on PSN or buy the trilogy). I'm buying the PS4 1st just because of the new Killzone game. I fully expect to have to buy an xbox one as well for some exclusive. Gears of War will probably make a return, which is another series I enjoy. I better finish BF3 as well so I can pick up BF4 tongue.gif

I imagine KZ:SF will also have 3D. I think Sony just isn't trying to make a big deal out of it because you have a vocal minority of 3D-haters out there that will try to proselytize it as an anti-feature. I think (hope) that 3D (fast and without the sacrifices seen in PS3 examples) will just be a ubiquitous feature of games available for those who wish to use it.
post #39 of 993
A KZ fan seems impressed. Unfortunately it's a cam and a poor cam vid at that, but you get a much better idea of the Forest Demo layout and gameplay.
post #40 of 993
Some sweet looking character models, as we meet the actors of KZSF

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/09/killzone-shadow-fall-actors-revealed/













post #41 of 993
So far this game isn't really grabbing my attention like KZ2 did.

Lengthy gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpm7L-oPLrY&feature=player_embedded
post #42 of 993
I'm still sticking with my PS4 Killzone Bundle...despite one or two of my 360 friends trying to talk me into the XO. I've read and seen some new stuff about the game and to me it sounds and looks good. Of course those who have played earlier KZ games might need more convincing. I read this "Hands On" review over at The Edge that was really good.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/killzone-shadow-fall-guerrilla-games-steps-out-of-the-corridors-and-into-open-air/
post #43 of 993
Thread Starter 
New Killzone info from GI magazine, summarized at NeoGAF:

Quote:
Game Informer has a few new details on KZ

- They say that if KZ2 and 3 were rollercoaster rides, then SF is Disneyland. By this they mean that 2 and 3 feel like there's nonstop action, while in SF you're often placed in a big level with multiple objectives and sub-missions that you can complete. You're also able to pick and choose if you even want to do them instead of just being on a predictable route like a rollercoaster.

- As mentioned above there are now multiple objectives and sub-missions. In one level they mention that you'll have the ability to disable a communication tower, which would disable any backup for the Helghast if stuff starts to go wrong. There's also a part where disabling AA guns will lead to a heavy weapon stash.

- They don't say much about the multiplayer other than mentioning that there's a huge focus on character customization as well as match customization.
post #44 of 993
I'm really curious about the MP. I enjoyed KZ2 and Homefront's MP more than the COD and Batfflield MP games I played. GRAW was probably my favorite but that is a different category.
post #45 of 993
I really enjoyed KZ2. KZ3 was a step backwards, even if it still had some good ideas.
post #46 of 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

I really enjoyed KZ2. KZ3 was a step backwards, even if it still had some good ideas.

I just finished playing through both again over the last couple of weeks. 2 is definitely higher on the atmosphere scale. There's more going on in terms of what's happening around you, more happening in the environment. 3 is a little more quiet and open, less compact is the best way I can describe it. I don't think it's a step back but 3 is pretty different than 2. I'm hoping SF cranks the atmosphere back up a notch.
post #47 of 993
I was talking specifically about the MP. Still, something about 2 was a bit more memorable SP campaign wise. The feel of storming a Nazi Germany really came through, where 3 sort of just felt like your standard space marine misventure.
post #48 of 993
I recently played through the trilogy collection and liked 3 better than 2 right up until the end. Killzone 3 had one of the best openings and also one of the worst endings I've played in a FPS. I still think the first game is the best of the series. It can't compare on a technical level obviously but it's more diverse, ambitious, and epic-feeling than the sequels.

I'll give Shadow Fall a chance as long as they leave Rico out of it. mad.gif
post #49 of 993
New High Res Screen released

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_killzone_shadow_fall_new_screens-14450_en.html

Character renders look sexy. In game MP needs some AA IMO, but it did look better in motion. Wonder if they're using the same MLAA+ that TLOU did? (which doesn't translate well on screen captures).

Hopefully that gets fixed before release.
post #50 of 993
That MP reveal today revived my faith, looks awesome!
post #51 of 993
post #52 of 993
Hope this is available on Nov 15th.
post #53 of 993
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2013-08-20_gamescom-multiplayer.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Killzone Dev 

Just like in the single player campaign, Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer gives you the freedom to play the game exactly how you want. Using the new customizable Warzone features demonstrated in the trailer, you can pick the number of players (4-24), rules, mission modes, classes, abilities and weapons you want to allow in a match, then save these choices as a preset to share with the rest of the Shadow Fall community.

We’ve also redesigned our progression system to work with challenges rather than XP. There are over 1500 increasingly difficult challenges to complete in Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to prove your skills and collect rewards. To increase longevity even further, we plan to continue support for the title well after launch – and yes, DLC multiplayer maps will be released free of charge to ensure everyone can play.


Dat added value!

Seems like Sony has no problem passing on value for requiring plus paywall for MP gaming (for 1st party). Hopefully this keeps up for ALL their first party titles.

Maybe it'll even pressure 3rd party to make better DLC, or be smarter about what they charge for. If we're already paying for it, I expect to see quite a bit of support for MP in ways that weren't previously possible (content, longevity, quality, ect).
post #54 of 993
Just looking at the pictures again from Gamesyde, looks so good biggrin.gif
post #55 of 993


Hype rising
post #56 of 993
Quote:

Edited by TyrantII - 8/22/13 at 7:51am
post #57 of 993
60fps is happening!!!!!!!

The choice between Killzone and Battlefield just got much tougher....
post #58 of 993
Thread Starter 
Wow, great, great news indeed. It was going to be my launch FPS game regardless, but this news makes me more excited that I decided to really try console multiplayer for the first time with KZ:SF.

Though I wish they would allow SIXAXIS aiming like in Vita's Uncharted game, at least while sniping.
post #59 of 993
As I said in the PS4 thread. Wow and from the mp reveal it is the best looking console shooter so far. 60fps with those visuals for launch game would be very impressive!
post #60 of 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

New High Res Screen released

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_killzone_shadow_fall_new_screens-14450_en.html

Character renders look sexy. In game MP needs some AA IMO, but it did look better in motion. Wonder if they're using the same MLAA+ that TLOU did? (which doesn't translate well on screen captures).

Hopefully that gets fixed before release.

It looks like some sort of post processing AA to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)