Originally Posted by mac24
For those that have gone the iView or Homeworx route, I admire your tenacity but there is no way I would have ever put up with what has been described in those threads. I understand that the "challenge" can be part of the fun, and if that's what blows your dress up then so be it. To each his own.
Let me share my limit experience with IVIEW3500 V3 and HOMEWORX150 V12 with latest firmware. I have both.
- both does performance schedule daily and weekly record correctly, does not have MON-FRI selection.
- it is a perfect VCR replacement.
- Record to USB Hard disk or USB memory stick(speed faster then 20mb/s) or fast SD card(with USB adapter), don't need to worry Hard disk failure.
- EPQ usage may not be as friendly, it does work
- REMOTE for IVIEW3500 is not good, new better remote is comming this month.
For $45 or less, it is unbeatable. From what I read through DVR forum, none is 100% perfect.
I do schedule daily/weekly record event 3 to 4 time daily 30 minute to 90 minutes length.
1080i channel does eat up 8 to 9 GB per hour.
So far, I am happy with both.
Finally I can send my old VCRs to electronic waste.