or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Hannibal on NBC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hannibal on NBC - Page 7

post #181 of 309
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post

I saw this on a different site. This series has planned for 7 seasons. Fuller's words:
It sounds like this show has done very well in other countries. and that even if NBC passed on season two, there were several ready to pick it up.

As of now, I would love to see this play out, but time will tell!


It would be great to see this on FX or even better, a premium cable channel. I've actually been quite pleased with what they have included for a regular channel.
post #182 of 309
That prognosis offered up by Fuller is really interesting, but optimistic I think. Seven years is probably too long for this series to run without getting derivative and formulaic. I'd love to see a good, solid two or three year run and a well-crafted endgame. More of these serialized thriller/dramas should follow that formula, IMO. It's the uncertainty created by their open-endedness, hinging on ratings success, that so often harms these genre shows from a creative standpoint and causes them to go off the rails.
Edited by archiguy - 7/2/13 at 11:33am
post #183 of 309
But this case is unique in that the there is plenty of story and timeline already written. and each new story has excellent new characters to introduce.

You could stop it at the end of season four, as I believe that storyline is pretty much over.

But if you start a season five, you have to include the 6th as well to give the story its finish.

My wish is that it stays on NBC for a good long run. but I could definitely see a cable channel picking it up if dropped.

SYFY did it with Merlin, and it lasted another six years.

If what I read was true, and that it is aired in 63 countries outside of the U.S., it very well could survive for years.
post #184 of 309
Darn! For a second I thought that Jack shot Will in the eye. A Grahm-less show would be an improvement.
post #185 of 309
I disagree while I don't like the "wipe" element (the effect not the actual play out) Will is an integral part of the show IMO far from the worst.
post #186 of 309
Since the show is ostensibly about Will - he is the protagonist after all - I'm guessing eliminating his character might not actually offer much of an improvement.

That said, the reason I watch is Mads. He's awesome.
post #187 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Loved seeing Scully in last night's episode. She doesn't age! biggrin.gif

Actually, Gillian Anderson has gotten hotter as she has gotten older, IMO.
post #188 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Actually, Gillian Anderson has gotten hotter as she has gotten older, IMO.
I agree. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that I'm getting older as well!
post #189 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I agree. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that I'm getting older as well!

haha. Never thought about that aspect.
post #190 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Actually, Gillian Anderson has gotten hotter as she has gotten older, IMO.

I agree that Gillian Anderson in her mid 40s is still just as beautiful as she was when she was in her 20s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I agree. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that I'm getting older as well!

Oh, you don't know the half of it yet, partner.smile.gif I still admire Anderson's looks despite her being several years younger than my youngest daughter. (Sigh.)
post #191 of 309
Hannibal's art department did a Halloween card called "Pacmannibal." Guess they posted this on their Twitter account?

post #192 of 309
Season 2 poster. Wow!

post #193 of 309
Nice!
post #194 of 309
‘Hannibal’ Returns to NBC on Feb. 28
By Variety.com Staff - Dec. 19, 2013

More pieces of NBC’s post-Olympics midseason schedule are falling into place. The Peacock has set the second-season premiere of “Hannibal” for Feb. 28 in the Friday 10 p.m. slot following “Grimm.”

In its initial outing last spring, the Bryan Fuller-steered prequel to the “Silence of the Lambs” franchise delivered weak ratings but generated enough online and critical buzz to convince NBC to give it a second 13-episode order.

“Bryan and his team are running on all creative cylinders once again and have delivered episodes full of intrigue, scares and surprises,” said NBC Entertainment prexy Jennifer Salke. “The show continues to astound us with its incredible aesthetic beauty and its amazingly talented cast.”

Series from Gaumont Intl. TV stars Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal Lecter and Hugh Dancy as criminal profiler Will Graham.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/hannibal-returns-to-nbc-on-feb-28-1200977836/
post #195 of 309
Yea! This smart, daring, innovative series quickly became one of my favorites last year. For my money, right up there with 'The Americans' (followed closely by 'Orphan Black') for best new show of 2012. Looking forward to its return. smile.gif
post #196 of 309
Anyone figured out why Grimm has succeeded on Friday nights when that is usually associated with the kiss of death for a TV series? Hannibal following Grimm may bring a new paradigm to Friday nights. Let's hope!
post #197 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post

Anyone figured out why Grimm has succeeded on Friday nights when that is usually associated with the kiss of death for a TV series? Hannibal following Grimm may bring a new paradigm to Friday nights. Let's hope!

Because Grimm is a great show.
post #198 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post

Anyone figured out why Grimm has succeeded on Friday nights when that is usually associated with the kiss of death for a TV series? Hannibal following Grimm may bring a new paradigm to Friday nights. Let's hope!

Sure, more people are staying home, plus there is not a lot on thats new.
post #199 of 309
Mason Verger will be coming-on as apart of the cast of season 2
https://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/423214991144005634/photo/1


Can't find any news about it other than the Twitter. Not sure what's going on
post #200 of 309
Season two trailer is up
post #201 of 309
https://twitter.com/NBCHannibal/status/435499019847360512

Fannibals, keep your eyes peeled [literally if you'd like] for a BIG announcement tomorrow. #Hannibal
post #202 of 309
"Fannibals". I like that. smile.gif
post #203 of 309

Some mildly spoilerish, general setup type info on season two:

 

'Hannibal' scoop: 7 reasons season 2 is delish

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/17/hannibal-scoop/

 

 

 

More info on the Mason Verger character:

 

Michael Pitt joins 'Hannibal' in major role

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/31/michael-pitt-hannibal/

 

 

 

A short bit regarding the fight shown at the end of the trailer which sheds some light on the framework/structure of the season:

 

'Hannibal' season 2 full creepy trailer

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Including in the trailer are glimpses of a fight between Hannibal and Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne). You might think you’ll have to wait awhile to see that fight, but it’s actually the very first scene in the premiere and then most of the rest of the season flashes starting 12 weeks earlier. Their brutal confrontation is what I teased last week as the most exciting scene so far in the show’s history (see that earlier post on the seven reasons season two could be great). Showrunner Bryan Fuller noted to critics Sunday at the TCA press tour that both Fishburne and Mikkelsen had fight training from their previous projects and he wanted to take full advantage of that.

 

 

ron

post #204 of 309
Note the S-2 trailer posted by Ron in the above post is the same trailer from Young C three posts above. As I can't get enough Hannibal, I watched them both!
post #205 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

Michael Pitt joins 'Hannibal' in major role


Will be interested to see how Michael Pitt works out on Hannibal. Supposedly, the reason he lost his Boardwalk Empire gig was what he is so difficult to work with his remarkable talent wasn't enough to overcome it.
post #206 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Actually, Gillian Anderson has gotten hotter as she has gotten older, IMO.

I agree that Gillian Anderson in her mid 40s is still just as beautiful as she was when she was in her 20s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I agree. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that I'm getting older as well!

Oh, you don't know the half of it yet, partner.smile.gif I still admire Anderson's looks despite her being several years younger than my youngest daughter. (Sigh.)

Perv!

smile.gif
post #207 of 309
I hope the move to Friday doesn't hurt the ratings too much. This show looks expensive and it's not exactly a huge hit. It may not be long for network TV. I just hope the producers see the axe coming and give us some kind of ending.
post #208 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

Perv!

smile.gif

I am not a dirty old man! I am just old. smile.gif
post #209 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Will be interested to see how Michael Pitt works out on Hannibal. Supposedly, the reason he lost his Boardwalk Empire gig was what he is so difficult to work with his remarkable talent wasn't enough to overcome it.
Haha, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that annoucement! biggrin.gif
post #210 of 309
When is this gonna start back up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Hannibal on NBC