or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Westinghouse EW50T5KW
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westinghouse EW50T5KW

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I feel like I just won the lottery.
My Sharp 42" was dying on me so I've been looking for a deal on a larger LED. My wife was shopping at Target and called me. She told me that they had this model, Westinghouse ew50t5kw, for 349.00. Not bad for a 50". I said get it, we can always return it.
She called me back. Out of stock!
She had the associate call another Target and they had 2, for 299.00! I got up next morning and drove an hour and got it.

Let me tell you, it looks amazing! I know very little about Westinghouse but have read some say that Sony uses a lot of the same parts. Even the remote codes are the same. Longevity? Who cares! For 300.00, it's a deal. I purchased Target's 3 year no questions warranty for 29.00 so I'm really not worried.

Now I just have to calibrate it and watch it!
post #2 of 7
Does your television also have the inability to adjust Tint or RGB values? I found one of these at my Target but the colors are just awful. I'd like to keep it because it was such a good deal but I don't think I'd be able to live with the fact that I could never get the colors right.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fevercadence View Post

Does your television also have the inability to adjust Tint or RGB values? I found one of these at my Target but the colors are just awful. I'd like to keep it because it was such a good deal but I don't think I'd be able to live with the fact that I could never get the colors right.

Yes. I noticed this too.
Manual says TINT is only available in NTSC.
How do we do this???
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Murphy View Post

Yes. I noticed this too.
Manual says TINT is only available in NTSC.
How do we do this???

There's a topic on another forum on this particular tv and how it displays it's reds wrong. i really want to keep it but the inability to properly fix the colors is really bugging me. I was going to return it but for $300 I can't seem to make up my mind. Anyways, if you somehow find how to adjust the colors properly, please share.
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fevercadence View Post

There's a topic on another forum on this particular tv and how it displays it's reds wrong. i really want to keep it but the inability to properly fix the colors is really bugging me. I was going to return it but for $300 I can't seem to make up my mind. Anyways, if you somehow find how to adjust the colors properly, please share.
I'm gonna call Westinghouse today.
For 300.00, it's staying at my house anyways. lol.
post #6 of 7
Hi I have the same tv but lost the base, would anyone like to sell theirs? I moved out of a house into an apartment so I can't have it mounted anymore.
post #7 of 7
Hello,

I got the same deal as you from Target. But now my TV is not working. I have sound but no picture. Is yours still working?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Westinghouse EW50T5KW