or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Dune HD TV303D/ Base 3D Streamer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Dune HD TV303D/ Base 3D Streamer Thread - Page 5

post #121 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

All Dunes do as long as you apply the patch

how does it handle multiple tracks set as forced? does it just pick the first one?
post #122 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

how does it handle multiple tracks set as forced? does it just pick the first one?

That one tbh I don't know since I don't have a file with more then one forced sub tracks. If I have time I can try to create and test, but I am guessing it will simply pick the first. You can read more about the patch here (created by user ScottJ here):

http://scottjohnson.org/wiki/Dune/MKV_Forced_Subtitles
post #123 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

how does it handle multiple tracks set as forced? does it just pick the first one?

I'd have to check the code, but I'm pretty sure it will just pick the first one.

This isn't something I tried, because I'm not sure what it means to have more than one forced track.
post #124 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

I'd have to check the code, but I'm pretty sure it will just pick the first one.

This isn't something I tried, because I'm not sure what it means to have more than one forced track.

The true way to handle forced tracks and mkv, is base the force off the language picked. per specs

"The "forced" flag tells the playback application that it MUST display/play this track or another track of the same kind that also has its "forced" flag set. When there are multiple "forced" tracks, the player should decide on the language of the forced flag or use the default flag if no track matches the use languages. Another track of the same kind without the "forced" flag may be use simultaneously with the "forced" track (like DVD subtitles for example)."

to date no player has done this though. but its also pretty uncommon for people to use it this way as well.
post #125 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

The true way to handle forced tracks and mkv, is base the force off the language picked. per specs

I now recall reading that some time ago.

To implement that, I'd have to find where the Dune records the user's preferred language, load that up, probably transform that somehow to match the MKV language specifier, then match it against all the forced tracks.

Especially since you say it's so uncommon, that's too much work when you can easily modify the MKV to force only the one track you wish to display.

But interesting to know.
post #126 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Yes. I've ran into the same issue with "digital noise" too.. I just thought it might be my files but perhaps not.

I don't get it just changing audio tracks but sometimes when the file first starts playing. Sometimes I get no audio. It's all very flakey.

what do you mean with digital noise
post #127 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post

what do you mean with digital noise

Umm ... the best way to describe it would be sort of like white noise.
post #128 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Umm ... the best way to describe it would be sort of like white noise.

Think the movie Poltergeist smile.gif
post #129 of 1165
is it grain in the picture?
post #130 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post

is it grain in the picture?

No, its in the audio.
post #131 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post

what do you mean with digital noise

This is the (loud) noise that happens, when you send arbitrary, non-audio data as audio to your receiver. Frankly, this problem alone makes TV303D rather useless piece of equipment, because there is a real possibility damaging either your speakers or your hearing.
post #132 of 1165
I'm looking at trying one of these out, but have a few questions:

1) How is the interface speed with either yadis or zappiti compared to an A400 with YAMJ? I have close to 1000 movies in my collection, YAMJ redraw even when I had it loaded on an SSD in the A400 was pretty slow.
2) Is there support for Movie sets in Yadis or Zappiti? I've googled but can't find much.
3) Online streaming - I enjoy a lot of the Revision 3 and TWiT shows. Are these supported, and how hard is it to switch back and forth between the shows and the jukebox?
4) If I have 2 MKV files in one movie folder, will the Dune play them in order?
5) Can I do custom genres?

Thanks!
Edited by robnix - 4/6/13 at 10:32pm
post #133 of 1165
1. The dune system is much faster than the flash based yamj system. When installed on a local drive navigation is almost instant.
2. Yes in yadis. Don't know in zappiti (but I think yes too)
3. ?
5. Yes. Yadis also adds an extra tool which is called "selection" (so you can use this to add something like a special genre but it won't impact the real genres)
post #134 of 1165
I know this isn't a max thread but seems to be the most active up to date one. Any word on the Intel based max model? Still a go for a summer release?
post #135 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxyp View Post

This is the (loud) noise that happens, when you send arbitrary, non-audio data as audio to your receiver. Frankly, this problem alone makes TV303D rather useless piece of equipment, because there is a real possibility damaging either your speakers or your hearing.


I wish I could narrow down the scenario that makes it happen because I'm sure if dune were aware of it, it could be addressed in firmware.

The problem is ... For me ... It just seems random when it happens. A shame. It's a very good player.
post #136 of 1165
I placed my order for a 303TV today. I hope I get by the weekend.
post #137 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I placed my order for a 303TV today. I hope I get by the weekend.

I tried a few times to get through Dunplayer.com order form yesterday and never managed to get the order placed. I finally gave up, called, and left a message. Hopefully they call back today, they never responded to the email I sent a few weeks ago.
post #138 of 1165
Right on there website in big red letters

All untis in stock.
Shipping delays over the dates of 4-5 to 4-12 are possible due to trade show attendance.
post #139 of 1165
what about the picture quality
post #140 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post

what about the picture quality

This question had been asked so many times. Wow!
post #141 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

This question had been asked so many times. Wow!

show me where?
post #142 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post

show me where?

I'm not searching for that. That question is so old it would take me probably hours to find. Picture quality is excellent. Just like a bluray player.
post #143 of 1165
Although, crap in = crap out. It's not a magic box smile.gif
post #144 of 1165
Thread Starter 
See post # 13 for details:

attached is Life of Pi forced subs in .srt file. Life of Pi.zip 1k .zip file
post #145 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

See post # 13 for details:

attached is Life of Pi forced subs in .srt file. Life of Pi.zip 1k .zip file

There's a patch that fixes the forced sub issue.

http://scottjohnson.org/wiki/Dune/MKV_Forced_Subtitles
post #146 of 1165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

There's a patch that fixes the forced sub issue.

http://scottjohnson.org/wiki/Dune/MKV_Forced_Subtitles

I do not use MKVs. I make movie only ISOs. This is the work- a-round for the lack of ISO forced sub support. Read post # 13 for details.
post #147 of 1165
I just got the Dune TV303D, and for the life of me I can't get it to access the file in my unraid server. I can see the server, but when I click on it is empty. I didn't have this issue with my D1, which automatically access my server without issues. Any help would be nice?
post #148 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I just got the Dune TV303D, and for the life of me I can't get it to access the file in my unraid server. I can see the server, but when I click on it is empty. I didn't have this issue with my D1, which automatically access my server without issues. Any help would be nice?

Never mind, I found how to add a "Network Folder." Thereafter, I was able to add the Zappiti folder I need it.
post #149 of 1165
I received my TV303D yesterday. I tested a few files, and they all play fine with the exception of Wreck It Ralph. This movie has audio drops every 30 seconds or so. If I switch it to the AC3 track it works fine. I bought this media player to replace my PCH-A210 in the master bedroom. I don't have an AVR there so it isn't a big deal since I will be decoding to 2channel stereo. I only have one movie that is MKV with True HD, which I am re-ripping to BD Folder format with ClownBD. So far, I am satisfied with it as a SECONDARY media player. My D1 doesn't have any audio drops.
post #150 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I received my TV303D yesterday. I tested a few files, and they all play fine with the exception of Wreck It Ralph. This movie has audio drops every 30 seconds or so. If I switch it to the AC3 track it works fine. I bought this media player to replace my PCH-A210 in the master bedroom. I don't have an AVR there so it isn't a big deal since I will be decoding to 2channel stereo. I only have one movie that is MKV with True HD, which I am re-ripping to BD Folder format with ClownBD. So far, I am satisfied with it as a SECONDARY media player. My D1 doesn't have any audio drops.

I just noticed that my TV303D doesn't have the B5 beta firmware installed only the B4, which is probably the reason why it has the audio drops. Does anyone know where I can download the B5 version? I went to duneplayer.com, and I didn't see it there. Under the TV303D beta versions only had the B4.


UPDATE:

My TV303D started downloading the B5 after changing the firmware update setting to NOT ignore beta firmware updates. I will test the Wreck It Ralph movie after the beta update and see if the audio drops are still present.
Edited by GusGus748s - 4/14/13 at 3:29am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Dune HD TV303D/ Base 3D Streamer Thread