Originally Posted by gobrigavitch
I'm thinking of getting a Dune Player. I have an older Pioneer receiver that doesn't bitstream HD Sound codecs. I have a small movie collection on my home computer and they are all MKVs. I don't plan on getting a 3d projector for at least a year. I have a WD TV Live now. I want to upgrade for the jukebox functionality and so I can decode DTS HD MA and send it over multichannel PCM.
I have some questions first
1. I understand there is a patch for the TV303d so it can decode DTS HD MA. Is this easy to install and keep working. I don't want to have to mess around to get it to work
2. Will the 303d do everything I want. Any reason to get the Base 3d instead
3. I may upgrade to 3d in the future. Are the workaround simple enough to learn so that I can stream 3d movies
4. Is the patch to get force subs working easy to use and does it work well.
1. very easy to install : just download the patch on a usb stick, plug in to your dune, press enter on the file, done...Once installed you can't remove it.
2. yes. Base 3d does exactly the same thing, it's just a different form factor.
3. what do you mean by "workaround" ?
4. you already have the answer...