or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Anyway around the 'seamless branching' problems of the newest streamers? What about the Dune streamers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyway around the 'seamless branching' problems of the newest streamers? What about the Dune...

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I am looking into purchasing a couple of media streamers for a client of mine and I have been nosing around in here for a while. From what I understand (could be wrong!) there aren't any 'current' streamers that can handle 'seamless branching' Blu Ray playback. Is that correct?

I was leaning toward the PCH 300 stuff but it sound like they still have audio problems with the high-end lossless audio.

He could probably live without full BD menus with the new players but he can't live with the seamless branching problems. Kind of defeats the whole purpose!

If I suggest he go with the one of the Dune Smarts is there any trouble with audio and/or seamless branching? Full menus with those right? Maybe still has seamless branching problems if you use the 'lite' menus? Pretty big bucks for an old streamer but not sure I see anything better....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
post #2 of 7
Only way, either stick with Dune Smarts / PCH A300/200 / Netgrear, or switch to mkv. Otherwise right now no fix with seamless branch using BD Lite
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Only way, either stick with Dune Smarts / PCH A300/200 / Netgrear, or switch to mkv. Otherwise right now no fix with seamless branch using BD Lite

Thanks!

So with 'Smarts' using full menus there isn't any trouble with seamless branch but I assume using the BD lite the trouble is there.

From what I've ready it sounds like the A300 still has audio issues with Dolby HD right? How about the 200? That one ok with the uncompressed audio?

Thanks again!
post #4 of 7
Yes if you try to play a seamless branching title using bd lite on a smart you get the audio drop outs (no problem when played normally).

The only workaround today is to rip as one m2ts.

Dune said this is their next priority for a firmware update but apparently this is not easy to solve...
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike greer View Post

Thanks!

So with 'Smarts' using full menus there isn't any trouble with seamless branch but I assume using the BD lite the trouble is there.

From what I've ready it sounds like the A300 still has audio issues with Dolby HD right? How about the 200? That one ok with the uncompressed audio?

Thanks again!

Correct on the Smarts.

The A300 still has the HD Audio bug with DTSMA. The 200 series does not have the bug
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Thanks much guys - looks like an A200 or one the Smarts is the answer. Pretty crazy that none of the newer stuff can handle the seamless branch titles. Maybe even harder to believe the HD audio bug with the popular A300!

Thanks again.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike greer View Post

Thanks much guys - looks like an A200 or one the Smarts is the answer. Pretty crazy that none of the newer stuff can handle the seamless branch titles. Maybe even harder to believe the HD audio bug with the popular A300!

Thanks again.

IMO Syabas quickly moved on to the A400 development and basically screwed the 300 customers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Anyway around the 'seamless branching' problems of the newest streamers? What about the Dune streamers?