or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Down to 4 tvs...I don't know which to get.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Down to 4 tvs...I don't know which to get.

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hey guys. I have 4 tv's in mind around my 1500+/- budget. Now, I can't figure out which one to get.


Samsung UN55ES7500
LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600
LG Cinema Screen 55LM7600
Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX750

Any advice? Thanks!
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by srd5335 View Post

Hey guys. I have 4 tv's in mind around my 1500+/- budget. Now, I can't figure out which one to get.


Samsung UN55ES7500
LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600
LG Cinema Screen 55LM7600
Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX750

Any advice? Thanks!

LG LM7600. Done and done.

The HX750 is subpar, the ES7500 is overpriced, the LM8600 is nonsense.
post #3 of 9
I assume you are calling the LM8600 nonsense because the dual core CPU in no way justifies the price difference between it and the LM7600.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbe425 View Post

I assume you are calling the LM8600 nonsense because the dual core CPU in no way justifies the price difference between it and the LM7600.

Absolutely.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by srd5335 View Post

Hey guys. I have 4 tv's in mind around my 1500+/- budget. Now, I can't figure out which one to get.


Samsung UN55ES7500
LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600
LG Cinema Screen 55LM7600
Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX750

Any advice? Thanks!

I would pass on LG, inferior PQ IMO.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

I would pass on LG, inferior PQ IMO.

Of the models in question you believe the LM7600 is inferior to the ES7500 and HX750?

I'd agree with that assessment on the LM8600, but not the LM7600.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozthatat View Post

Of the models in question you believe the LM7600 is inferior to the ES7500 and HX750?

I'd agree with that assessment on the LM8600, but not the LM7600.

I have not seen an LG TV i liked, nor read a review about an LG tv that is better than all other TVs in its certain class. The ES7500 is a solid TV at that price, that would be what I would pick.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

I have not seen an LG TV i liked, nor read a review about an LG tv that is better than all other TVs in its certain class. The ES7500 is a solid TV at that price, that would be what I would pick.

I can respect your assessment of preferring the Samsung's performance. I call the ES7500 over-priced because, well it is.

If going the Samsung route is your/his choice, then go for the ES7100. The only extras the ES7500 gives you is the always useful integrated cam and a higher "CMR."
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Thanks for your replies. Still debating. If I debate long enough maybe the prices will drop.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Down to 4 tvs...I don't know which to get.