or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › KEF LS50. Is it me or do these look like a cats butt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KEF LS50. Is it me or do these look like a cats butt. - Page 2

post #31 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridled_id View Post

Are you the same syd that is on the polk forum ?

nope. ..I also post as hifi heretic over at audio asylum. ..I did have Polk speakers once - long ago. 5Jr's I believe. ..Loved them. ..They got me through college
post #32 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

LOL!

Thank goodness my speakers with a KEF coax has grills! I'll never be able to look at it without grills again without busting out laughing!

I can see KEFs new marketing line:

"Smooth as a Cat's A$$" biggrin.gif
and approved by monkey's all over the world : )
post #33 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123 View Post

nope. ..I also post as hifi heretic over at audio asylum. ..I did have Polk speakers once - long ago. 5Jr's I believe. ..Loved them. ..They got me through college
What asylum did you say you are from. eek.giftongue.gif
post #34 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

To some people making fun of their speakers is like making fun of their child. It's just a speaker folks.
This is so true and myself personally love the looks of the Ls50 . I take no personal offence to Syds personal observation. Even though my gear /speakers are loved and cared for like family members tongue.gif But with that being said I cant help but wonder how Syd was able to get his loved one to pose in the wilderness for all to see just for a speaker comparison tongue.gif:)smile.gif
post #35 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

This is so true and myself personally love the looks of the Ls50 . I take no personal offence to Syds personal observation. Even though my gear /speakers are loved and cared for like family members tongue.gif But with that being said I cant help but wonder how Syd was able to get his loved one to pose in the wilderness for all to see just for a speaker comparison tongue.gif:)smile.gif

you go straight to h#ll. ..That's is clearly a chimpanzee in the picture. ..My beloved is a bonobos and would be offended by you confusing the two smile.gif

I have a hunch: ...KEF will at some point after some sort of a sonically transparent grill.
post #36 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123 View Post

you go straight to h#ll. ..That's is clearly a chimpanzee in the picture. ..My beloved is a bonobos and would be offended by you confusing the two smile.gif

I have a hunch: ...KEF will at some point after some sort of a sonically transparent grill.
I agree possibly with your second statement biggrin.gif I do like the fact though that the driver also has similarities to The Blade wink.gif I love its nakedness !! biggrin.gif
post #37 of 95
BTW Syd im not upset at all with you tongue.gif
post #38 of 95
Thread Starter 
..Wow, that kid has the stink-eye glare down pat! ..Will serve him well in life (used sparingly of course)
post #39 of 95
Sure it's not the "evil eye"?
post #40 of 95
I put my liter box by them just in case.
post #41 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123 View Post

..Wow, that kid has the stink-eye glare down pat! ..Will serve him well in life (used sparingly of course)
Just think hes still in training lol.
post #42 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

Sure it's not the "evil eye"?
I think it's the evil of all eyes !
post #43 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bessinger View Post

I put my liter box by them just in case.
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!
post #44 of 95
Awesome thread! I agree with the OP.
post #45 of 95

It seems as though KEF has more or less borrowed their design from Bose. eek.gif

 

post #46 of 95
LMAO this thread is getting more entertaining by the moment . But comparing Kef to Bose is were I draw the line . All haters must now be hung by there testis one at a time biggrin.gif BTW who started this thread ? I think we should start with him . I'm sure the mods are waiting paiently for this hilarious thread to spiral out of control so they can pick them off one at a time before they lock this thread so we better hurry with the hangings biggrin.gif
post #47 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

I'm sure the mods are waiting paiently for this hilarious thread to spiral out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I was kidding. They actually got the design from their speaker designer.

*

Waiting? This tread is officially spun out. I can't wait to see what this guy choses as a coverup Tat in a few years?


I know...this.


post #48 of 95

It was bound to spin out just from the title of the thread. Just flag it.

post #49 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

LMAO this thread is getting more entertaining by the moment . But comparing Kef to Bose is were I draw the line . All haters must now be hung by there testis one at a time biggrin.gif BTW who started this thread ? I think we should start with him . I'm sure the mods are waiting paiently for this hilarious thread to spiral out of control so they can pick them off one at a time before they lock this thread so we better hurry with the hangings biggrin.gif

you can't blame this whole debacle on me! ..maybe part of it. ..But that last picture is disturbing and I'm glad to say I had nothing to do with it.biggrin.gif

As for those speakers, don't you think SOMEONE on the KEF design team would have said, "..um, excuse me everyone, but doesn't that driver look a bit like a butt? ..and isn't that a bad idea? ..Maybe we should either cover it or at least change it to a more subtle color. "
post #50 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

It was bound to spin out just from the title of the thread. Just flag it.

Exactly... I'll be annoyed if they lock the thread. ..It was meant as a light-hearted observation and thus far anyway is devoid of any profanity, name calling, etc.. ..Plus, it asks the question, a fair one I think, "what were they thinking when they decided to leave off the grill?"
post #51 of 95
This thread is very funny. However the look of these speakers played a big part of my purchase. They look even better than I imagined.
post #52 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123 View Post

Exactly... I'll be annoyed if they lock the thread. ..It was meant as a light-hearted observation and thus far anyway is devoid of any profanity, name calling, etc.. ..Plus, it asks the question, a fair one I think, "what were they thinking when they decided to leave off the grill?"
The only probem is it can attract the bottom of the barrel posters to put it gently lol. It really is almost impossible for it not to spiral out of control . But with that being said I have been enjoying it while its still somewhat civil smile.gif But I tthink the writings on the wall or should I say cats butt:DNow back to the hanging !biggrin.gif
post #53 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelly View Post

This thread is very funny. However the look of these speakers played a big part of my purchase. They look even better than I imagined.

 

I think they look great too. No doubt. A very classy look.

post #54 of 95
I agree I personaly love the looks as I do the peformance .This speaker is a home run and I think will be talked about for many years for its and Kefs accomplishment.
post #55 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123 View Post

you can't blame this whole debacle on me! ..maybe part of it. ..But that last picture is disturbing and I'm glad to say I had nothing to do with it.biggrin.gif

As for those speakers, don't you think SOMEONE on the KEF design team would have said, "..um, excuse me everyone, but doesn't that driver look a bit like a butt? ..and isn't that a bad idea? ..Maybe we should either cover it or at least change it to a more subtle color. "
Your a MONSTER !!!biggrin.gif
post #56 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I think they look great too. No doubt. A very classy look.
Ok I forgive you now Stanley :)But not Syd tongue.gif
post #57 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post


Ok I forgive you now Stanley :)But not Syd tongue.gif

 For a cats butt. biggrin.gif

post #58 of 95
Oh my Shep that was badddd eek.gif
post #59 of 95

But seriously. It really is a great looking speaker. I just pulled the trigger on some book shelf speakers yesterday. I'm not going to say what they are for fear of syd telling me what they look like. biggrin.gif

post #60 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

But seriously. It really is a great looking speaker. I just pulled the trigger on some book shelf speakers yesterday. I'm not going to say what they are for fear of syd telling me what they look like. biggrin.gif

I think they'd be ok looking in a techy kinda way if not for the color. ..The pinkish hue is what I find creepy looking. ..Like maybe some Preparation-H might be in order.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › KEF LS50. Is it me or do these look like a cats butt.