I am looking for the way to enable the Time machine (DVR) Funtion too!!!. I think this function may hurt the copyrights or something ? so maybe only avaliable for the over the air HDTV ???
Also Found details about this function from LG website.
Record Live TV to your LG Smart TV.
Recording: Record TV to a connected USB hard drive or built in memory.*Watch and Record: Record a TV show while you watch another channel with the built-in twin tuner.**
This function not works for LA74 Series
Scheduled Recording: Schedule a recording so you won’t miss your favourite shows.
Live Playback: Play, Pause and Rewind live TV.***
*USB hard drive (min.40GB) sold separately and required for longer recordings.**Available on LA86 and LA97 series only.
***External USB hard drive (min. 40GB) required and sold separately.
PS: For the user who want record a show while we watch another channel.... you must buy LA86 or LA97 Series...
Also I have couple questions:
1. Does Samsung sign some contracts with BestBuy...??? I cant find any LG HDTV in their Flyers, Bestbuy does not post any LG HDTV sales in their flyers at all this week. Samsung takes lots of good position than LG. ( I am always think LG has similar market share as Samsung in the HDTV market.....)
PS: this bothers me a lot, because of the Application in my LG Smart tv is not as many as Samsung right now....
2. Why my LG LA74 tv does not has enough apps like Samsung?????
Samsung has Spotify, HBO Go, FOX Now， CNBC Real time,,, and bla bla. I know all the companies developed an app on the market share... what happened on LG....
3. I am really happy my LG HDTV support the Flash which enables me to watch ABC , NBC online tv shows directly.
But, Have you guys feel it is super slow for the Browser and looks like easy to crash.
Also HuluPlus , Netflix not very smooth.
PS: ppl said the internet speed is a big issue for my video streaming service. But My 2012 Panasonic tv apps works totally fine. I tired roku ,and apple tv. They are all works as expected.
4. Does anybody use the Universal Search ( It said will search everything which include my premium channel). Every time the premium result only show the Vudu... I wanna watch it from netflix , amazon or hulu plus for free. I do not want to buy it from Vudu........
5. For the Plex , I can find it on the smart share for all my movies stored in my harddrive. ( But still, for some 1080p movies has the lagging issues......). My 2012 Panasonic tv works fine.....
I know I should not complain this much and I like this LG Smart TV, but for this TV market, why I should buy another streaming box to replace this "smart" function in this tv.......
Also I just want to make sure all my settings are right and other owners tv app works as expected. My network is 25Mps.
I do not know about other LG tv owners opinions, but looks like they does not complain their smart apps this much..... what happened on this 2013 new series tv..........