or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official 2013 LG xxLA7400 Owner's Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2013 LG xxLA7400 Owner's Thread. - Page 4

post #91 of 1202
A lot of people seem to have this tv now, but still difficult to get reviews, videos and pictures. Can you guys help??
post #92 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by klopez3709 View Post

I think you are lucky if you get any answers from them. I wrote a question on their website asking when the Amazon app will be available. Not really expecting an answer, but may be surprised.

I asked them the same question about my 42la6200 tv, but I did in fact get an answer the same day: "We are feverishly working hand-in-hand with Amazon for creating a Amazon Prime app. However, there is no firm date as to when it'll be released"

That's a slight paraphrase, but pretty much what they said.
post #93 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primestar31 View Post

I asked them the same question about my 42la6200 tv, but I did in fact get an answer the same day: "We are feverishly working hand-in-hand with Amazon for creating a Amazon Prime app. However, there is no firm date as to when it'll be released"

That's a slight paraphrase, but pretty much what they said.

Thank you. So strange that the other models have this app and not the 2013 models. The technical requirements should not be so different between models. I wonder if its a licensing thing? I had, in fact, made a support call on this and the agent said that she would have engineering call me back that day. Yeah, right and swamp land is right around the corner. wink.gif
post #94 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy2719 View Post

A lot of people seem to have this tv now, but still difficult to get reviews, videos and pictures. Can you guys help??

What exactly are you looking for? I've had this TV for a while now and wrote a little here and there but I really suck at doing reviews. At least very technical ones like many people want. I almost check this thread daily so if you have a question ask away.
post #95 of 1202
Hi all. Have the problems with the auto return channel been fixed on this TV?

Specifically, has anyone been able to get standard definition as well as high definition over-the-air channels to work with ARC?

And what about using the TV's Netflix streaming and ARC?

Thanks.
post #96 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbe425 View Post

What exactly are you looking for? I've had this TV for a while now and wrote a little here and there but I really suck at doing reviews. At least very technical ones like many people want. I almost check this thread daily so if you have a question ask away.



Hi dbe425, Can you post pictures of the tv in action? Also pictures of the size of the panel and tv itself. i am torn between this tv and the La6900. How is the gaming performance on the La7400?
post #97 of 1202
I'll take some pictures when I get home from work. As for gaming, I really can't say. We have an XBox 360 which mainly my son plays but its on the 46" Samsung upstairs. I put the Wii on the LA7400 but no one has played it. I prefer to game on PC myself.
post #98 of 1202
Not the answer I wanted to hear from LG, but still something:


"We appreciate your patience in this matter. According to our latest information, the Amazon Instant Video service is currently available on all of our 2011 Smart TV products, and as of the latest updates, has been added to all of our 2012 model SmartTV television. This function will be added soon to the 2012 Smart TV BD players, and the 2013 products. We will provide updates as soon as such are available."
post #99 of 1202
I'm glad to see a company supporting and improving its older models once the new stuff has come out but for someone in the market for a new 2013 TV, have the Amazon app on it now might help them decide. Just my 2 cents.
post #100 of 1202
I know this is not a good picture but here it is anyway. I think I'm going to need to move my TV off the wall unit if I'm to get any decent pictures.

My LG 55LA7400 sitting on my wall unit. Sorry the picture is kind of crappy.
post #101 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbe425 View Post

I'm glad to see a company supporting and improving its older models once the new stuff has come out but for someone in the market for a new 2013 TV, have the Amazon app on it now might help them decide. Just my 2 cents.
Add my 2 cents to yours - or should I say $1,799
post #102 of 1202
I have a question.
Does the voice activated remote works with a set top box to change the channels? I have VZ FiOS and they use a Motorola set top box.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
post #103 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by checksum123 View Post

I have a question.
Does the voice activated remote works with a set top box to change the channels? I have VZ FiOS and they use a Motorola set top box.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Yes it does. Just say you tell the TV to "tune to channel 12". Once the TV recognizes your request, it will then send a signal (via the remote) to your set top box.
post #104 of 1202
Thanks for the reply.

Ultimately, this is going to be my deciding factor on whether to get this TV or the Panasonic ST60.

I was reading this review and it stated that the processing power is very weak, and such cause his internet streaming movies to buffers and sputters constantly:
Quote:
Smart TV options are accessed by one press of the far right button on the Magic remote. One problem we ran across consistently with streaming content was a lack of processing power from the LA7400 with movies or TV but even more noticeably with 3D content (where more processing is required). The signal buffers and sputters constantly. This was not the case last year when I tested 3D world Apps. When we viewed some You Tube videos as a last test the LA7400 buffered for a while when loading, then played it OK. But when we switched the resolution even to just 480p the buffering delay resumed...
http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lg-lcd-tv/lg-55la7400.html about half way down on : Smart TV Features - Offerings held back by lack of Video Processing Power

Do you guys notice and buffering issues on HD content from Youtube or any other streaming content providers?
post #105 of 1202
Redbox app in Premium is available now.

Update: After trying one of their streaming movies - I experienced buffering issues. I have an Ethernet connection.

Redbox is offering a trial membership of one month, which includes streaming and 4 Kiosk credits. For sure before the month trial is up, I will be cancelling.
Edited by klopez3709 - 5/14/13 at 8:45am
post #106 of 1202
The last two movies I watched on Netflix buffered 3 - 5 times during the movie. I'm not ready to say it's all the TV since I have this TV, two Blu Ray players, a desk, a laptop, an XBox 360, a Wii, an iPhone 5, two iPod touches, a Kindle Fire, a wireless printer, and a themostat all connected to the home network. Of course they are never all running at once. Also my wireless router is upstairs at the front of the house and the LA7400 is downstairs towards the back. We shall see how things pan out once I get a new wireless router. I'm also considering getting a better internet package with increased speed.
post #107 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbe425 View Post

The last two movies I watched on Netflix buffered 3 - 5 times during the movie. I'm not ready to say it's all the TV since I have this TV, two Blu Ray players, a desk, a laptop, an XBox 360, a Wii, an iPhone 5, two iPod touches, a Kindle Fire, a wireless printer, and a themostat all connected to the home network. Of course they are never all running at once. Also my wireless router is upstairs at the front of the house and the LA7400 is downstairs towards the back. We shall see how things pan out once I get a new wireless router. I'm also considering getting a better internet package with increased speed.

Is your tv set WIRED or WIRELESS hooked to your router?

If wireless, I would highly suggest you figure out a way to get a wire to it, and hook it in directly. Then check again and see if it still buffers during your movies.
post #108 of 1202
It's wireless. I would have to bring it upstairs to try it out wired. Not that I'm against doing that but the wireless router is from my cable company and its crap. For all the money I spend on devices and gadgets, I'm surprised its taken me this long.
post #109 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Confirmed. The 55LA7400 is now $1799 (Amazon / SBA / Prime)

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-55LA7400-55-Inch-LED-LCD/dp/B00BBAFYWW

The 60" version is $2599, but claims "usually ships in 2 to 5 weeks" which I'm guessing is code speak for "It won't be released for 2 to 5 weeks".

The 60'' version just dropped to $1999, wow can you believe that?

For $200 difference, I am going with the 60''
post #110 of 1202
Can anyone that has this tv please give some udated impressions. I bought a Panny St60, that has an absolutley amazing picture, but the input lag for gaming is not good. Im really interested in the gaming aspect. Any input lag noticed in game mode ? Is the picture quality alote worse in game mode ? Any blurring during gaming ? Finally, how bright is this tv, and how are the black levels ? I'm down to my last 2 days before I cant return my st60, which I'm not sure I will anyway, as the picture quality is amazing. However I have a projector for movies in my basement, so most of my viewing is in a light controlled room for the most part, sports, and tv are mainly what we watch. Just hoping to get a little more detail than what is in this current thread.
post #111 of 1202
Taking the plunge and picking up this 55" version today. I have had the 47" LM7600 for the past year and looking forward to adding this larger set to our upstairs room. I will follow up with my observations shortly. I am also hoping this model handles motion a bit better than the LM7600 (I watch plenty of hockey and football and continue to experience a ghosting on the ball or puck).
post #112 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfy View Post

Taking the plunge and picking up this 55" version today. I have had the 47" LM7600 for the past year and looking forward to adding this larger set to our upstairs room. I will follow up with my observations shortly. I am also hoping this model handles motion a bit better than the LM7600 (I watch plenty of hockey and football and continue to experience a ghosting on the ball or puck).
Any updates ?
post #113 of 1202
Just a heads up, this TV is being offered as a substitute for the LM8600 at Micro Center. The LM8600 is on sale for $999, but with most stores not having stock, they are subbing the LA7400 for the same price.
post #114 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac1687 View Post

Just a heads up, this TV is being offered as a substitute for the LM8600 at Micro Center. The LM8600 is on sale for $999, but with most stores not having stock, they are subbing the LA7400 for the same price.

I cant imagine that, the La7400 is 1799 for a 55 inch, how would microcenter be selling this years model for $999 ?
post #115 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts07 View Post

I cant imagine that, the La7400 is 1799 for a 55 inch, how would microcenter be selling this years model for $999 ?

Believe me, I know it's a ridiculous price. There's a thread over on Slickdeals right now. I bought the TV yesterday and it seems that the substitution is at all Micro Center stores. They are even advertising it in store and the TV rings up $999, no adjustments needed.
post #116 of 1202
I also bought a 7400 yesterday at Micro Center for $999. Killer deal.
post #117 of 1202
Has anybody documented a full detailed list of picture settings that work for them?
post #118 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstrategist View Post

Has anybody documented a full detailed list of picture settings that work for them?

I was also able to pick up this set from Microcenter for $999. Here's the setup guide I used:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lg-lcd-tv/lg-la7400-picture-settings.html

I've been quite happy with the picture quality at these settings.
post #119 of 1202
Nice. I will try it out. Thanks.
post #120 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaman1000 View Post

Hi all. Have the problems with the auto return channel been fixed on this TV?

Specifically, has anyone been able to get standard definition as well as high definition over-the-air channels to work with ARC?

And what about using the TV's Netflix streaming and ARC?

Thanks.
To answer some questions:

ARC: I have the 60LA7400 model and ARC works perfectly for me. I have a Yamaha RX-V671. When I turn on the TV my Yamaha turns on too. Volume up and down on the TV remote raises and lowers volume on my Yamaha. All sound from Cable TV channels, Netflix, Youtube, etc. comes out through ARC and my Yamaha surround system. If I turn the Yamaha off, sound comes out through the TV speakers. I turn the Yamaha back on and sound comes out through the surround system again.

STREAMING: Streaming Netflix and Youtube works perfect with no buffering or stuttering, but I do have 50mb internet and I'm using a wired gigabit connection to the TV.

PICTURE: As others have said, both 2D and 3D picture is just stunning.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official 2013 LG xxLA7400 Owner's Thread.