or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 73

post #2161 of 6677
Hi bekindrewind ,

Thanks for trying to help , here is what I have and what I have for hook up`s :

I have my DV79AVi hooked to the F8000 with HDMI cable ( 1.4 from Monoprice ) , link:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025503&p_id=9427&seq=1&format=2

Then I have a Coaxial cable out from the `79 going to digital in on the DSP-A1

I can get audio to the DSP-A1 and I get video , 1080 , from the `79 to the F8000.

I had the exact same setup with my old Sony KDL-40XBR2 , and I was able to get audio from the `79 to the Sony as well as audio from the 79 to the DSP-A1. To watch 5.1 content I would have to turn down the volume on the XBR , when I turned on my amp.

Where it worked with the Sony and not with the F8000 , that tells me the F8000 is not getting the full HDMI signal , at least not the audio part.

If I go to the menu on the `79 and try to change the HDMI audio setting , it is greyed out , and will not allow me to change it from DVI to HDMI.

Even though there is no DVI cable involved , the connection between the `79 and the F8000 , acts like there is.

Very confusing , Pioneer had me resetting the player and that did not help , Samsung had me changing cables and do a reset and that did not help either.

If there was a way to hack into the F8000`s op-sys or even reach a part of the service menu that will deactivate that DVI code string , then I might get audio.
As long as both the `79 and the F8000 think that a DVI cable is involved , then I get no audio to the F8000.

I do have a large collection of tv shows that are not in 5.1 and used to watch them on my XBR , using the XBR`s speakers. That is my only down side , I either have to get audio using my amp or play through my PS3.

I really don`t wont to use my PS3 for a DVD player , even though it is more than capable , the idea of spinning up a HDD just to watch a dvd is just something I don`t want to do.
I would rather buy an Oppo before I did that , or of course better yet , find away to get audio from the `79 to the F8000 using just the HDMI cable.

I really appreciate you trying to help , it would be great if I could get the 2 to like each other !!








Thanks again , take care smile.gif

Later ,

Gary 
post #2162 of 6677
Why do you want to watch a dvd and have the sound come out of the tv speakers in stereo when you are able to have 5.1 output from your receiver to all your TH speakers?
post #2163 of 6677
Hi ,

Well I have a lot of tv series that are in mono and some that are in just stereo , so when I had my XBR2 , I really didn`t have the need to fire up my amp.

I even have some older movies on dvd that are not even in stereo eek.gif , so even running my amp with the effect off , and just the sound coming from my 2 main Boston`s ( VR-40`s ) and my Velodyne sub ( SPL12 ) seems like a waste.

True , it would sound much better than with the F8000 speakers , you are right about that ! smile.gif

Thanks again , take care biggrin.gif

Later

G. 
post #2164 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Hey JB ,

Try redoing your universal remote setup.

It sounds like the F8000 is trying to do too much !

I had that problem with my cable box , both work with the touch remote , but not the regular button remote.

Just a nasty bug , one of many .

Later smile.gif

Gary 

This didn't work. When I try to adjust the volume when watching Smart Hub, the volume shows that it changes on screen but no sound is heard.
post #2165 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb17 View Post

This didn't work. When I try to adjust the volume when watching Smart Hub, the volume shows that it changes on screen but no sound is heard.


Hi ,

Sorry to here that. When you say "no sound using smart hub" are you talking about App`s ? I just now checked mine and in the Smart Hub "On TV" pane , I too can raise the volume and I can here what is in the tv sub picture.

Some apps like Cloud Me and Game Reactor , when you change the volume there is an indicator within the app that shows the volume level.

But when you are watching tv ( or cable / satellite , whatever ) you should hear what is in the tv pane in the Smart Hub / On TV.

It has to be something , I just am not sure what it is.

I wish I could help , I hate to refer you to Samsung , but that maybe your best shot.

"Bump" your post if you have to , maybe someone else has an answer.

Best of luck , I have plenty of "fun" with the F8000 too , not really something we need to do. It is a very buggy tv to be sure.

Take care smile.gif

Later ,

Me 
post #2166 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

Certain objects are just going to have some amount of crosstalk, particularly when there's a strong contrast of light on dark or between various distances. A different active 3D TV probably wouldn't help for those examples, considering the F8000 is one of the best active 3D performers. But it's possible you may just have some settings out of alignment, too, either on the TV or your player. Take a look at their depth options (they usually range from negative to positive values) and see if anything is off. It's best to keep them at 0. They also might have an option to swap the images between the left and right lenses. When I first got my 3D Blu-ray player, I had to change that option to get the correct picture.
Thanks for the info mate. I play mine through the ps3, so ill see if there is an options in there too
post #2167 of 6677
I just picked up the UN46F800 after retiring a HLP4674w after many years of good service. I was able to set it up in conjunction with my Yamaha surround sound and Time Warner cable box. Getting the remote to control it all was a bit of an exercise but all is good.

Today I decided to try the 3D functionality. I noticed when I go into 3D mode that I have 1/3 inch band at the top of the screen. It turns out its basically the bottom of the screen. In other words, its like the image is shifted down the 1/3 inch. I thought no problem I'll just go "PICTURE SIZE>POSITION" and shift it accordingly. No can do. PICTURE SIZE is greyed out in 3D mode. Arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh!

Am I missing something simple? How can I adjust it?

Here is a less than stellar picture showing the issue (denoted with the arrows). If you look to the left of the arrows you can see the yellow bars that are in front of the wheels of the plane shown at the bottom of the screen that verifies that picture is not fitting the screen properly vertically.

note: I only have this issue in 3D. In 2D I do not see this anomaly regardless what PICTURE MODE it is in.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Craig


251922
Edited by calcraig - 8/3/13 at 8:40pm
post #2168 of 6677
I read that the Samsung logo on the bottom of this TV can be turned off? Where is the setting for that?

Also I have Directtv and when I press "guide" on the TV remote it says "loading" but the guide never comes up.

Thanks for any help
post #2169 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbos View Post

I read that the Samsung logo on the bottom of this TV can be turned off? Where is the setting for that?

Also I have Directtv and when I press "guide" on the TV remote it says "loading" but the guide never comes up.

Thanks for any help

Settings>System>General>Light Effect
post #2170 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcraig View Post

I just picked up the UN46F800 after retiring a HLP4674w after many years of good service. I was able to set it up in conjunction with my Yamaha surround sound and Time Warner cable box. Getting the remote to control it all was a bit of an exercise but all is good.

Today I decided to try the 3D functionality. I noticed when I go into 3D mode that I have 1/3 inch band at the top of the screen. It turns out its basically the bottom of the screen. In other words, its like the image is shifted down the 1/3 inch. I thought no problem I'll just go "PICTURE SIZE>POSITION" and shift it accordingly. No can do. PICTURE SIZE is greyed out in 3D mode. Arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh!

Am I missing something simple? How can I adjust it?

Here is a less than stellar picture showing the issue (denoted with the arrows). If you look to the left of the arrows you can see the yellow bars that are in front of the wheels of the plane shown at the bottom of the screen that verifies that picture is not fitting the screen properly vertically.

note: I only have this issue in 3D. In 2D I do not see this anomaly regardless what PICTURE MODE it is in.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Craig


251922
I would use one of the Calibration and Adjustment DVD's so popular in this forum... Spears & Munsil DVD or the Disney WOW World of Wonder DVD...
post #2171 of 6677
I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestions!

Craig
post #2172 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcraig View Post

I just picked up the UN46F800 after retiring a HLP4674w after many years of good service. I was able to set it up in conjunction with my Yamaha surround sound and Time Warner cable box. Getting the remote to control it all was a bit of an exercise but all is good.

Today I decided to try the 3D functionality. I noticed when I go into 3D mode that I have 1/3 inch band at the top of the screen. It turns out its basically the bottom of the screen. In other words, its like the image is shifted down the 1/3 inch. I thought no problem I'll just go "PICTURE SIZE>POSITION" and shift it accordingly. No can do. PICTURE SIZE is greyed out in 3D mode. Arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh!

Am I missing something simple? How can I adjust it?

Here is a less than stellar picture showing the issue (denoted with the arrows). If you look to the left of the arrows you can see the yellow bars that are in front of the wheels of the plane shown at the bottom of the screen that verifies that picture is not fitting the screen properly vertically.

note: I only have this issue in 3D. In 2D I do not see this anomaly regardless what PICTURE MODE it is in.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Craig

I've actually seen an analog TV with this problem... bottom scan lines shown at the top. Can you set it to 16x9 to overscan the problem off the screen, like we do for closed captioning white lines at the top of some TV broadcasts. Also, could there be some mismatch between this 3D program and the 3D format (side by side, etc.), or is that automatic ?
post #2173 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

I've actually seen an analog TV with this problem... bottom scan lines shown at the top. Can you set it to 16x9 to overscan the problem off the screen, like we do for closed captioning white lines at the top of some TV broadcasts. Also, could there be some mismatch between this 3D program and the 3D format (side by side, etc.), or is that automatic ?

Thanks for the reply. This is my first foray into 3D so I am a total newbie. I was just trying it out with the 3D content available on the Time Warner cable set top box. I played a couple free movies and all had the issue on all of them as they used the full screen. I also played two on demand movies with different results. The one move that displayed in full 16:9 displayed the same issue. The other in letterbox format did not which makes sense since there is no content in those bands. It's definitely showing the bottom scan lines at the top and it only does this in 3D mode with full screen content.

Regardless of what picture size I put it in (16:9, WideFit, ScreenFit) prior to entering 3D mode it shows this issue. When I go into 3D mode the picture size option is greyed out and cannot be changed. I was hoping to go there and change the position. No such luck.

As a side note, when I select the movie I wish to watch Time Warner goes through a little monologue telling you to put TV in 3D and top/bottom format. They show two icons on the screen prior to the movie starting saying if I see two then the TV isn't in 3D mode and if you see one with no depth the 3D or glasses aren't on. I just assumed that was incorrect with respect to the icons as I see 2 but it is clearly in 3D and looked great when the movie started. *sigh*. If I go in and out of 3D mode as the movie is playing I defiantly go from a single image to two over/under images.

Also, I do not get the issue when using the 2D > 3D mode. Everything is working great on the TV with the exception of this problem.

Craig
post #2174 of 6677
I was searching but came up empty (of course my skills may not be that great either)...


But does anyone know what the dimensions of the 65f8000 box is? I was trying to see if the ole mini van would handle picking one up from Best Buy. Anyone else picked one up and have any tips? I could get it shipped, but the wait time is crazy and I am impatient. Thanks.
post #2175 of 6677
Somewhere in one of these 2175 posts I bet someone asked how to disable the message that pops up when you first turn the F8000 on that says the STB is not connected. This message comes up when I use the Harmony One and press watch tv (directv) and when I press watch a dvd (oppo 103). I have to use the samsung smart remote to clear STB. I'd really like to get rid of the samsung remote and just use the Harmony. So, what setting do I go into in the F8000 to tell it to stop that nonsense.
post #2176 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Somewhere in one of these 2175 posts I bet someone asked how to disable the message that pops up when you first turn the F8000 on that says the STB is not connected. This message comes up when I use the Harmony One and press watch tv (directv) and when I press watch a dvd (oppo 103). I have to use the samsung smart remote to clear STB. I'd really like to get rid of the samsung remote and just use the Harmony. So, what setting do I go into in the F8000 to tell it to stop that nonsense.

I also would love to see that message gone. I have a harmony 900 and hate seeing that same message everytime regarding STB is not connected.
post #2177 of 6677
Hi VGI - thanks for all the hard work assessing the panels. I just set up my 65F8000 and although it looks much better than my old 6500 series, I do see white bleeding/flashlighting along all the edges and corners and inwards for about 10 inches everywhere. It's faint but surely there. The middle is pitch black. Is this normal is are all your f8000s completely pitch black (equally) everywhere. My other concern may be the panel number. I have attached my sticker below - July 2013 Build with TD02 panel. It seems no one else has this panel and the preferred one appears to be TS01? Does anyone know what the TD02 Panel is? Also, I noticed that my Model number ends with "AF" and not "BF" - does that mean anything. Is there a certain panel I should be looking for?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Hi VGI,

Now you've gone and done it... put doubt in the current F8000 owners heads if the later tvs have a better picture. Don't go there guys, our tvs are just fine.

However I would like to add to your plate buy asking if you would check the viewing angle. That's one of the biggest flaws of the F8000 line. The TS01 panel has a realistic viewing angle of about 10-15 degrees. Or to put it another way, the person who sits dead center and the person to his/her left and right, sitting right next to him/her shoulders almost touching sees a great picture. Two seats over from center, blacks and colors fade. The more you move off center from there, the worse it gets. Come on Samsung, really.

The May build has the TS01 panel and the June build has the US02 panel.
Maybe the US02 panel has better off center viewing, ah we could only hope.

Thank you for enlightening us to the differences you found and fielding our questions concerns.

Cheers,
behindrewind!
post #2178 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Somewhere in one of these 2175 posts I bet someone asked how to disable the message that pops up when you first turn the F8000 on that says the STB is not connected. This message comes up when I use the Harmony One and press watch tv (directv) and when I press watch a dvd (oppo 103). I have to use the samsung smart remote to clear STB. I'd really like to get rid of the samsung remote and just use the Harmony. So, what setting do I go into in the F8000 to tell it to stop that nonsense.

I also control my systems via harmony one and the only way I found how to get rid of the message was to delete my cable box from the list of paired devices. I lost the Samsung version of the TV guide but I prefer FiOS guide anyway.
post #2179 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

62.4” x 37.4” x 10.1"

Source: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65F8000BFXZA-specs
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbourn View Post

I was searching but came up empty (of course my skills may not be that great either)...


But does anyone know what the dimensions of the 65f8000 box is? I was trying to see if the ole mini van would handle picking one up from Best Buy. Anyone else picked one up and have any tips? I could get it shipped, but the wait time is crazy and I am impatient. Thanks.
post #2180 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeazeTM View Post

Well, got a response about the 3D lighting ...this is what they said:

"Thanks for your question! This is by design. Since every 3D source is different, when you change sources or power cycle your TV, your TV will revert back to the defaults for 3D."

Hmmm, I'll ask about the auto motion next, can people be more specific about this issue for me here? I don't seem to have too much of an issue with it other than when watching my cable TV, blu-ray seems fine, is the issue only on upconverted content?

Except this is a standard Samsung response. It's always "by design" they say. Okay....so how about changing it then so it makes sense? If I want to set it on high, then why won't it stay on high? There's no valid reason. There just isn't. Every single 3D blu-ray I have watched yet has been with the setting on high. And every time I watch something in 3D I have to remember to go in and change it back to high again. This is ridiculous. It should remember your previous setting like every other setting does.

I have described the Auto Motion Plus issues in great detail many pages ago, but basically, it stutters in all modes except clear. Custom is unusable for me - it drops frames constantly and trips and stutters over my FiOS tv to the point where it is unusable. I have tried every possible configuration, 720p, 1080i, HDMI, component, it doesn't matter. I went through all of this with them over the phone. They seemed to not even comprehend what I was saying.

Also, when enabling Custom on any 25.000fps material, regardless of input, even from it's internal media player from a USB memory stick, there is forced motion interpolation, even with judder reduction on 0. On 0, there should be zero soap opera effect or motion interpolation, but in custom it is forced even when on 0 with 25.000/PAL material. With AMP off motion is fine with 25.000 material, so AMP is screwing with the motion, regardless of settings.
Edited by eagle_2 - 8/4/13 at 9:07pm
post #2181 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Hi Guy`s ,

Well , another day , another update ! 1109 ...?

Have not noticed anything different eek.gif

Now as far the 3D :

Well ( I use well a lot in reference to this tv , it is very deep , or al least it should be ) !!

I have found that "active" 3D tv`s will give depth while "passive" 3D tv`s give pop , the jump out at you affect.
I am not getting the pop affect , thats sad.

Is anyone else sad ?

Later biggrin.gif ( not that sad wink.gif )

Gary 

If you're referring to 3D out-of-the-screen effects, where something actually leaps out of the screen, I get plenty of that. It just depends on the 3D film being viewed. Many older classic films used more of that "in-your-face" 3D. The 80's films were full of that in-your-face 3D. Jaws 3D, Amityville 3D, Friday the 13th 3D. Many of the newer films use that very sparingly, and in general I find 3D films these days rarely make proper use of depth. Many 3D films these days just aren't using 3D properly, and even James Cameron said that in a statement last month. Hollywood is slowly killing 3D with poor 3D and lackluster titles. Pacific Rim was absolutely awesome in 3D - we need more 3D like that. Titanic was also amazing, as was Hugo, Polar Express, Christmas Carol, Life of Pi, and a few others. I heard Dredd was awesome but I haven't seen it yet. But many are crap to put it bluntly. House of Wax (the classic 3D film from the 50s) is coming out soon on blu-ray (October I believe). That should look spectacular. I got Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D for my birthday and it looks pretty awesome in black-and-white 3D. They knew how to film 3D movies back then.

Active 3D is fully capable of delivering as much depth behind the screen or as much pop-out in front of the screen as it is being given. If the films aren't filmed to take advantage of 3D well, there's nothing the tv can do about it. It's up to the filmmakers to use it properly.

With the right 3D films, I find this tv is stunning.
post #2182 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

I thought it was the other way around? Passive=Depth and Active=Pop?

It doesn't work that way. Both formats are equally and fully capable of both depth and "pop-out". It's totally up to how the film was shot and if the producers wanted to pop things out at you or not. Remember, good 3D isn't all about "pop-out" - it's about creating a real sense of depth. Pop-out can be fun, but isn't necessary for a good 3D experience.
post #2183 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

They haven't updated those release notes in a long time, since 1103 or so. Ridiculous!

Agreed, this is totally unacceptable. This needs to change.
post #2184 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcraig View Post

I just picked up the UN46F800 after retiring a HLP4674w after many years of good service. I was able to set it up in conjunction with my Yamaha surround sound and Time Warner cable box. Getting the remote to control it all was a bit of an exercise but all is good.

Today I decided to try the 3D functionality. I noticed when I go into 3D mode that I have 1/3 inch band at the top of the screen. It turns out its basically the bottom of the screen. In other words, its like the image is shifted down the 1/3 inch. I thought no problem I'll just go "PICTURE SIZE>POSITION" and shift it accordingly. No can do. PICTURE SIZE is greyed out in 3D mode. Arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh!

Am I missing something simple? How can I adjust it?

Here is a less than stellar picture showing the issue (denoted with the arrows). If you look to the left of the arrows you can see the yellow bars that are in front of the wheels of the plane shown at the bottom of the screen that verifies that picture is not fitting the screen properly vertically.

note: I only have this issue in 3D. In 2D I do not see this anomaly regardless what PICTURE MODE it is in.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Craig


251922

Can I ask if the source for what you were watching is over/under by any chance? Because I experience the same thing only on the left side a while back - I tracked it down and it turns out it was my media player that was playing the video shifted to the side and vertically a few pixels, not centered. When that happens, and you are in 3D mode, you get that weird issue you posted an image of. I reported the problem to the media player company and they issued a fix that centered the image properly. What I found was if I played side-by-side 3D video with that media player bug, I got that same issue you posted but on the left side. If I played over-under 3D, I got the same thing you posted on the top, as the video was shifted not only to the side but also vertically a couple pixels also.

Bottom line - I believe it is the source you are playing that is not properly centering the video. If a side-by-side or under/over video is off-center even slightly, you get what you are seeing there. It has to be dead-center. You won't see this in 2D, only in 3D as you said. When in 3D the image has to be dead-center or this happens.

It is indeed very frustrating that Picture Size is greyed out in 3D. It would be very helpful in some situations. I have already talked to them about that and they said it is "by design". Now where have i heard that before?

Let me know what source you're playing the video from. Broadcast, media player, etc.? If it's a media player, it could be doing the same thing mine did before the fix. Try playing a test file that shows overscan in 2D mode. That way you can see if the image is being played aligned dead-center. If it is off even a pixel or two, you will have this issue. It's not the tv's fault (unless this is something totally different than what I'm describing, but it looks exactly like what I went through).
post #2185 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcraig View Post

Thanks for the reply. This is my first foray into 3D so I am a total newbie. I was just trying it out with the 3D content available on the Time Warner cable set top box. I played a couple free movies and all had the issue on all of them as they used the full screen. I also played two on demand movies with different results. The one move that displayed in full 16:9 displayed the same issue. The other in letterbox format did not which makes sense since there is no content in those bands. It's definitely showing the bottom scan lines at the top and it only does this in 3D mode with full screen content.

Regardless of what picture size I put it in (16:9, WideFit, ScreenFit) prior to entering 3D mode it shows this issue. When I go into 3D mode the picture size option is greyed out and cannot be changed. I was hoping to go there and change the position. No such luck.

As a side note, when I select the movie I wish to watch Time Warner goes through a little monologue telling you to put TV in 3D and top/bottom format. They show two icons on the screen prior to the movie starting saying if I see two then the TV isn't in 3D mode and if you see one with no depth the 3D or glasses aren't on. I just assumed that was incorrect with respect to the icons as I see 2 but it is clearly in 3D and looked great when the movie started. *sigh*. If I go in and out of 3D mode as the movie is playing I defiantly go from a single image to two over/under images.

Also, I do not get the issue when using the 2D > 3D mode. Everything is working great on the TV with the exception of this problem.

Craig

Ah, I see you're playing video from Time/Warner cable? Do they use over-under or side-by-side? My guess is the cable box is not centering the video dead-center. Basically, the video output is off, just like my media player was. In that case there would be nothing you can do about it, other than contact them and report the issue. Nobody would ever know about those boxes outputting off-center video if they just watch it in 2D. Only in 3D would you see the issue arise. I'm betting on the cable box putting out the video off-center a few pixels, which in 3D mode means the image gets carried up and displayed at the opposite edge of the screen, the top in your case.
post #2186 of 6677
Quote:
I heard Dredd was awesome but I haven't seen it yet.

YES, that movie is awesome in 3D! One of the biggest 3D disappointments for me was TRON. I expected the 3D to be so much better than it was considering most of the film was shot in 3D. Big bummer. I'm looking forward to WWZ, Star Trek, Iron Man, Man of Steel, Pacific Rim. Pacific Rim should be good in 3D.
post #2187 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreb View Post

YES, that movie is awesome in 3D! One of the biggest 3D disappointments for me was TRON. I expected the 3D to be so much better than it was considering most of the film was shot in 3D. Big bummer. I'm looking forward to WWZ, Star Trek, Iron Man, Man of Steel, Pacific Rim. Pacific Rim should be good in 3D.

Agreed, Tron Legacy was a huge disappointment to me in general, 3D included. Oblivion was far better in my opinion, by the same director. Prometheus was another huge disappointment, both the film and the 3D.

Pacific Rim was amazing. The film was amazing and the 3D was absolutely first-rate all the way. Transformers 3 had some really good 3D also.
post #2188 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidz View Post

I also control my systems via harmony one and the only way I found how to get rid of the message was to delete my cable box from the list of paired devices. I lost the Samsung version of the TV guide but I prefer FiOS guide anyway.

Morbiz, would you explain in more detail how you deleted your cable box from the list of paired devices. The F8000 has a list of devices, and it asks you to choose one. I'm using directv. (I do NOT have the ir cable connected from F8000 to Directv.) Do you have your tv connected directly to the cable box or is it cable box to receiver to F8000 all by hmdi?

The pop up message STB also appears when I want to watch a dvd. The F8000 doesn't ask to pair with a dvd player.

How does the F8000 know the difference between TV and DVD? Both the Directv and Oppo have an hdmi going into my processor. Processor has one hdmi connecting it to the F8000 hdmi #1 slot.
My guess is the F8000 recognizes the hdmi cable connection, which is connected to my processor, Anthem DV2. If the processor does not come on, I understand it's asks me to turn it on, however it is on.

This issue is confusing. I've called Samsung on some other issues and I find they are useless. I seem to know more about the tv then they do. And some of the answers they provide make no sense all all. Folks here are much more likely to understand the problem and fix it then Samsung.
post #2189 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Agreed, Tron Legacy was a huge disappointment to me in general, 3D included. Oblivion was far better in my opinion, by the same director. Prometheus was another huge disappointment, both the film and the 3D.

Pacific Rim was amazing. The film was amazing and the 3D was absolutely first-rate all the way. Transformers 3 had some really good 3D also.

How is Avatar in 3d?
post #2190 of 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb17 View Post

Got the TV connected. First problem: the lights in the room reflect rainbows on the screen. Is this normal?

I definitely need to calibrate the settings. ESPN is too dark and the screen got darker when I turned the lights off.

I'm on my third TV replacement for different reasons and I can tell you that the rainbow reflection on the screen is not normal, I got the issue on the last TV I received but not on the first two. All TV's installed on the same location with the same room lights.

I called Samsung and they told me that is an issue with the anti glare treatment that was applied to the TV. Apparently it was not properly applied at the factory.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread