or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 141

post #4201 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post

AMP is Auto Motion Plus. It pertains to Soap Opera Effect that many don't like. You have Off, Clear, Standard, and Smooth. Smooth gives you the Soap Opera Effect. The problem is, it introduces a lot of judder/stutter to the picture when on anything but Off and Clear.

Where is this located in the menu?
post #4202 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

Where is this located in the menu?

Menu > Picture > Picture Options > Auto Motion Plus > Clear/Custom

If you do Custom: put Blur Reduction to 10, Judder Reduction to 0, and LED Clear Motion On.
post #4203 of 6687
Taking delivery tomorrow morning. Anything to check while the guys are still here? A good reference movie/scene or something?
0. Check model on box make sure it is what I ordered
1. Inspect box for damage
2 Inspect the tv for obvious damage
3 check screen for scratches or scuffs
4. Turn TV on look for bad pixels (in a black or white screen?
? Add your suggestions

Thanks in advance
post #4204 of 6687
That seems like a good start. I would also check for clouding/uneven backlight. Try some different solid colors full screen to make sure everything is uniform as well.
post #4205 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpp8140 View Post

This might be a show stopper for me. I frequently download, watch and delete media.

1. Resume doesn't work like the C series
2. Media doesn't refresh until tv is turned off or re-connect in Network menu.

Didn't think Samsung would take a step back here. Allowing simple network shares would solve this problem.
Maybe I could deal with the delete, but not the case where the media doesn't refresh when new files are added.

Let me check out a few other options. I like not having to deal with htpc.

This actually has more to do with the DLNA server software you use, since most of them have a cache database to feed the TV. I would recommned to use a no-cache server such as Universal Media Server ( http://www.universalmediaserver.com/ ) it is a fork of PS3 media server and its a little more fine-tuned for Smart TVs.

By the way my UN55F8000 just got updated to firmware 1117 but I cannot find what are the changes. It doesn't even show up on the download section of samsung's site. Does anyone has any information about it?
Edited by akurczyn - 1/17/14 at 12:30am
post #4206 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

Menu > Picture > Picture Options > Auto Motion Plus > Clear/Custom

If you do Custom: put Blur Reduction to 10, Judder Reduction to 0, and LED Clear Motion On.

Thanks. I changed my setting to clear. It was on standard. smile.gif
post #4207 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post


If you do Custom: put Blur Reduction to 10, Judder Reduction to 0, and LED Clear Motion On.

For whatever reason, any of the Custom settings look terrible to me with the majority of 1080i cable box content. LED Clear Motion On is unwatchable with the strobing it causes and issues it creates during panning from what I recall (it's been awhile since I tested it but I definitely did not like it).

For me, AMP set to "Clear" is about the only acceptable setting on this display.
post #4208 of 6687

I've had my 65" for 2 days now but for some reason it turns off and then back on really quick every once in a while. Not sure why it's doing that. Any ideas?

post #4209 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by krekc View Post

I've had my 65" for 2 days now but for some reason it turns off and then back on really quick every once in a while. Not sure why it's doing that. Any ideas?

You may have the automatic update feature turned on.

I turn mine off so I manually do the update once in a while.

Check the setting.
post #4210 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post


You may have the automatic update feature turned on.

I turn mine off so I manually do the update once in a while.

Check the setting.

Thanks. I think it is on. I'll check it when I get back home.

post #4211 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by krekc View Post

Thanks. I think it is on. I'll check it when I get back home.

By default it is turned on.. So restarts are there after patching is done.
post #4212 of 6687
what's the deal with the smart LED ? which mode is better? is standard better than high? why do so many calibrators and reviews use the smart led settings on standard?
post #4213 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

what's the deal with the smart LED ? which mode is better? is standard better than high? why do so many calibrators and reviews use the smart led settings on standard?

Supposedly Smart LED on Standard has better gamma consistencies than High does. But for me, I just put High. The dimming and brightening is a bit more aggressive on High it seems. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

For whatever reason, any of the Custom settings look terrible to me with the majority of 1080i cable box content. LED Clear Motion On is unwatchable with the strobing it causes and issues it creates during panning from what I recall (it's been awhile since I tested it but I definitely did not like it).

For me, AMP set to "Clear" is about the only acceptable setting on this display.

Who is your TV provider? I have AT&T U-Verse and I have none of these strobing issues you speak of with the custom setting. I've talked about this in the past, it seems to be more sensitive to certain TV providers than others. Comcast seems to have the most issues.
post #4214 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

Supposedly Smart LED on Standard has better gamma consistencies than High does. But for me, I just put High. The dimming and brightening is a bit more aggressive on High it seems. I like it.
.

I just changed mine from standard.. Not noticing any difference but will leave it with high for now to see if there any improvement. Thanks. smile.gif
post #4215 of 6687
I was manipulating a black window from my PC to test the dimming so it was slightly apparent in that scenario but for normal viewing the difference is practically negligible.
post #4216 of 6687
Yeah, I've found there to be no discernable difference between Standard and High.
post #4217 of 6687
What do you guys have for the below?

Picture - Advanced Settings -
Dynamic Contrast: off
Black Tone: off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB only mode: off
color space: auto
10p White balance: off
white balance: R, G, B offset: 25; R, G, B gain: 25
gamma: 0

Picture - Picture Options -
Digital clean view - auto
MPEG Noise Filter - auto
Film mode - off
Cinema black - on

Just curious. smile.gif
post #4218 of 6687
Just took delivery of a 55-inch model. So far so good. No dead/stuck pixels that I can find and the backlight seems reasonably uniform. The panel is a TS01. I've used DRN94's settings and they look pretty good, so thanks for those.

I have a question about the audio out jack (not the digital one). I've plugged in some external speakers (subwoofer and two satellites) which I used with my previous Samsung TV. But plugging in the external speakers doesn't mute the TV's speakers. I can't control the volume of the external speakers with the remote and when I mute the sound, only the TV's speakers get muted -- not the external speakers. With my previous Samsung TV, the TV's speakers were muted when the external speakers were plugged in, the remote controlled the volume of the external speakers and the mute button on the remote would mute the output from the audio out jack.

Is there some setting that controls this? I haven't been able to find one. This seems like a strange design choice since I assume that someone who plugs in headphones would want the TV speakers to be muted and be able to control the volume.
post #4219 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestboy1 View Post

I just received the 65F8000 last week from Future Shop (Canada). I have some questions:

It is a Version UD03 Panel. Anybody have information on this version. Is it a Samsung panel. How is the picture quality on the UD03 Panel.

I noticed that it only came with a small silver remote. Should there be another big remote.

Anybody have a decent settings for standard or natural for daytime viewing and night time viewing. I find the setting under natural better.

Is there anything I should know about the settings to make the picture look better. I find the picture from HD satellite box is not that great on this set. Anything I can do to make this better. Though I have not tired out the Blue Ray on this set yet.

Is anybody in US getting 2 remotes with this tv. One smart and one regular. Please let me know. In Canada they are only shipping with a smart remote.
post #4220 of 6687
I got 2 remotes with my 60F8000
post #4221 of 6687
I got 2 with my 75F8000. One regular and one for smart tv.
post #4222 of 6687

Two, though I bought this one.  The full remoter they give you does not have a 3D button, for one.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099CHEAY/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #4223 of 6687
Kinda been reading around some more--I have a Denon 2310CI receiver that I use now for all my sound. I have now learned it doesnt support HDMI 1.4 or the ARC (HDMI) input--Knowing this F8000 has 1.4HDMI / ARC, My question is what Im I "Missing" Not having a ARC or 1.4 HDMI RCVR. Will I be missing out on any cool features or the way the system will sound. I love my 2310 but if it has to go, it has to go lol---Been reading up on the denon X2000/3000 models which support both eek.gif THANKS!!
post #4224 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

What do you guys have for the below?

Picture - Advanced Settings -
Dynamic Contrast: off
Black Tone: off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB only mode: off
color space: auto
10p White balance: off
white balance: R, G, B offset: 25; R, G, B gain: 25
gamma: 0

Picture - Picture Options -
Digital clean view - auto
MPEG Noise Filter - auto
Film mode - off
Cinema black - on

Just curious. smile.gif

   - Mine, still trying differnet settings

 

Picture - Advanced Settings -
Dynamic Contrast: off  - Medium
Black Tone: off   - Dark
Flesh Tone: 0   - 0
RGB only mode: off   - off
color space: auto   - auto
10p White balance: off   - off
white balance: R, G, B offset: 25; R, G, B gain: 25  (how do you have these if WB off)
gamma: 0   - 0

Picture - Picture Options -
Digital clean view - auto   - off
MPEG Noise Filter - auto   - off
Film mode - off   -m auto2
Cinema black - on   - on

post #4225 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmd1 View Post

I got 2 remotes with my 60F8000


Does this mean you get two remotes in USA and only one remote (smart remote) in Canada. I spoke to Samsung Canad asking for the second big remote. They would not give it to me. Their response was that this set only come with smart remote. It's pretty stupid that they can not even throw in a proper remote for a set that cost more than $3,500.
post #4226 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout99 View Post

   - Mine, still trying differnet settings

Picture - Advanced Settings -

Dynamic Contrast: off  - Medium

Black Tone: off   - Dark

Flesh Tone: 0   - 0

RGB only mode: off   - off

color space: auto   - auto

10p White balance: off   - off

white balance: R, G, B offset: 25; R, G, B gain: 25  (how do you have these if WB off)

gamma: 0   - 0


Picture - Picture Options -

Digital clean view - auto   - off

MPEG Noise Filter - auto   - off

Film mode - off   -m auto2

Cinema black - on   - on

Thanks for the details. I don't know how those White balance show up as 25 but they do. smile.gif

After making the changes, how to test it? By watching movies, tv shows, sports, all the above??
post #4227 of 6687
Dynamic Contrast is better left off in my opinion. It washes out skin tones and messes with color accuracy. I do put Dark Tone to Dark in order to hide compression artifacts on my cable box. But for high quality sources like BluRay, it's better left off because it crushes shadow detail.

White Balance differs panel to panel. My F8000 for example developed a greenish hue on Standard Mode and I had to correct it by lowering the green gain. Just look for odd color hues across the picture and adjust the gain by eye if necessary. If there is no hue in the picture and everything is neutral in the gray scale, then you should be fine with the defaults.
post #4228 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

Dynamic Contrast is better left off in my opinion. It washes out skin tones and messes with color accuracy. I do put Dark Tone to Dark in order to hide compression artifacts on my cable box. But for high quality sources like BluRay, it's better left off because it crushes shadow detail.

White Balance differs panel to panel. My F8000 for example developed a greenish hue on Standard Mode and I had to correct it by lowering the green gain. Just look for odd color hues across the picture and adjust the gain by eye if necessary. If there is no hue in the picture and everything is neutral in the gray scale, then you should be fine with the defaults.

I will leave my settings alone then. So far I am very very happy with the picture. I was just curious to see what others had for the settings. smile.gif
post #4229 of 6687
golferphil, I'm extremely happy with my TV and also very happy with all of the knowledge gained from the contributors to this forum.
post #4230 of 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogWeed View Post

In my region this TV only come with the smart remote... anyway to access the service menu with the smart remote only?

Thanks!

BoogWeed, Go to Samsung website and see if you qualify for the complimentary Regular (IR) TV Remote Control. Never hurts to try.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread