or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › 2 Channel Audio › I love my 2 channel setup...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I love my 2 channel setup... - Page 3

post #61 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar View Post

The value of anything, is the amount someone else is willing to pay for it.

In the P.T. Barnum sense, sure. There's a sucker born every minute, and at least one of them will pay $5K for wire. It's a good business plan, but hardly evidence that expensive, exotic wire is worth the price.

For a basic passive component, wire, the job is simple and easily accomplished. To attribute more value to such a thing belies a misunderstanding of the basic science, or susceptibility to suggestion.
Edited by Wayne Highwood - 4/8/13 at 8:45am
post #62 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

That could be true, if it were true. If you don't get it, its the > $5,000 trip down snake oil lane that has some of us shaking our heads.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess!

The value of anything, is the amount someone else is willing to pay for it.

Let's run with that idea.

For every person willing to pay $5,000 for two - 8 foot pieces of 12 gauge wire, there are at least a thousand who are only willing to pay $5. Average price: $10 or less.
post #63 of 155
LOL! Man you guys just love to hear yourselves talk, don't you. Even when no one is interested in your one-sided opinions.
post #64 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar View Post

LOL! Man you guys just love to hear yourselves talk, don't you. Even when no one is interested in your one-sided opinions.
Some one was interested enough to comment on my "one sided opnion". See post 55 again.
post #65 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar View Post

LOL! Man you guys just love to hear yourselves talk, don't you. Even when no one is interested in your one-sided opinions.

Pot. Kettle. Black....
post #66 of 155
Funny how the snake oil silliness here just disappeared when presented with a simple test request.
post #67 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

nice speakers is one thing, $5000 +(MSRP) for cables is another....and that is ridiculous no matter how you or anyone looks at it...if that is insulting to you or anyone then perhaps there are a few things that need to be learned.[/quote

Well i think that you will find my friend Elrocco even more ridiculous because he as 38k worth of cables on his system. ho my god how ridiculous smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

PS: For Elrocco it is ALL Purist Audio Design top of the line cables and YES he can afford it.smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif





post #68 of 155
^^ you are right. not very bright at all in my book.
post #69 of 155
Elrocco es un poco loco.

Solo digo...

biggrin.gif
post #70 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

Elrocco es un poco loco.

Solo digo...

biggrin.gif
post #71 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

yea..thats the ticket!
I dont think spending 2k on cables if you have a 15-25k setup is not bad at all!
I have at least. That much invested in cables easily
in my modest 15k system..and i can easily hear every micro detail of those dollars very very easily!
Let the bs @*&% fly!
post #72 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar View Post

LOL! Man you guys just love to hear yourselves talk, don't you. Even when no one is interested in your one-sided opinions.

If no one is interested in one-sided opinions then even fewer people should be interested in opinons with more than one side that would seem to run the risk of cancelling themselves out! That leaves zero-sided opinions that are cancel-proof but inherently say nothing at all.

So I have to ask you Rutgar, how much do you think about your posts before you press the SUBMIT button? ;-)
post #73 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

I have at least. That much invested in cables easily
in my modest 15k system..and i can easily hear every micro detail of those dollars very very easily!
Let the bs @*&% fly!

I defend your right to remain perpetually & blissfully mistaken.
post #74 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

You have NO clue!
After doing this for over 25 yrs,these small tweaks yeilded sonic improvements way beyond what I was expecting..if you have never tryed these upgrades then you should not be saying anything!
My ears ..and everyone else that listens to my system..definitely hear what good hi-end cables do for a good system..details transperancy ,soundstage ..everything is a nice improvement!

Hearing bias causes us to hear improvements because we expect to hear them, whether they are there or not. The entire high end audio industry is built around this human phenomenon. If you truly believed that coat hanger wire would produce a sonic improvement over what you have, you would hear another improvement. I've been doing this for almost 60 years and I've actually done properly administered bias controlled tests on cables. It is truly amazing how much money you can save once you get past it.
post #75 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

Hearing bias causes us to hear improvements because we expect to hear them, whether they are there or not. The entire high end audio industry is built around this human phenomenon. If you truly believed that coat hanger wire would produce a sonic improvement over what you have, you would hear another improvement. I've been doing this for almost 60 years and I've actually done properly administered bias controlled tests on cables. It is truly amazing how much money you can save once you get past it.
post #76 of 155
I tryed a coat hanger....strange... i got no sound!
Put in some cheap radio shack zip cord..um..got sound..but the whole soundstage collapsed..no depth to the music...etc..( even my dog covered his ears)... even my wife said. Wtf!.... put back in my straightwire cables..without her knowing...the dog came back..my wife said. Wow..thats more like it
and she aint into hi-fi..i dont know what to say
i never use to believe ...but theres just no going back...were all free to beleive in what we believe in
welcome to America! .... ufos?....ghosts?.. the paranormal?.. life after death?.. by the way the only amps they use on the other side are parasound halos!.... uncle bud told me...he has been gone since 1974.
post #77 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

Let the bs @*&% fly!
It does. In every one of your posts.
post #78 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308 View Post

It does. In every one of your posts.[/quote
Just like a pre-school child...nanny..nanny freakn boo boo.....someday you too will understand!
post #79 of 155
Hey kool-aid
im not debunking your non beliefs...you have your opinion ...i have mine....im not telling you that your wrong...or right!... i mean..were talking about cables fer crying out loud!
You should just respect what i believe in ...i do respect yours!
post #80 of 155
Having fun trolling today esh? Why else would you resurrect a thread that that was last posted in in April?

And one of these days, perhaps you'll learn how to use the quote function.

Then you can work on proper capitalization and punctuation.

Maybe, years down the line, you'll be at the point where you can understand the electrical theory behind cables.

I wish you good luck in your journey.
post #81 of 155
Thanks beav
Just as i would expect from you!
Trolling??... dont know ..looks like your doing the same thing....i just got my pc working again thats where i have been....im just giving my opinions on the topic...maybe some day you will learn to open your mind and be nice!
post #82 of 155
Its always your way or the highway
always one sided opinions on any topic here
All amps sound the same
all cables sound the same
all dacs sound the same
all dogs bark the same
i mean....cmon!
Can you guys just enjoy talking hi-fi without being so negative?
post #83 of 155
post #15037 of 15042 1 day, 5 hours ago

esh516
Thanks guys!
Hope all goes well...well i sure have got a lot of bs slack in these other threads about dacs/ cables and just about everything eise me and my ears agree on
but i guess im gonna sell my studio 600$ cd player and my 600$ dac..and my interconnects..i will keep my oppo103.. since everything going into the mrx. Goes thru the dac in the mrx...i guess there is no use having very hi- end dacs in your source componets is there?.. hope the dac in the mrx is hi- end!... there is just no way around it
..such a shame
...anybody wanna buy a benchmark dac and a cambridge audio 840 cd player?



From the Anthem MRX thread....I think esh516 is having some fun. wink.gif
post #84 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

Thanks beav
Just as i would expect from you!
Trolling??... dont know ..looks like your doing the same thing....i just got my pc working again thats where i have been....im just giving my opinions on the topic...maybe some day you will learn to open your mind and be nice!

So your PC let you post in other threads but not in this one??

http://www.avsforum.com/forums/posts/by_user/id/8446367/page/

Looks like you managed to post in plenty of other threads while your PC wasn't working.

Strange.
post #85 of 155
Quote:
Can you guys just enjoy talking hi-fi without being so negative?
That kinda says it all.

Does one need to be scientifically illiterate to enjoy hi-fi?
post #86 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

Its always your way or the highway
always one sided opinions on any topic here
All amps sound the same
all cables sound the same
all dacs sound the same
all dogs bark the same
i mean....cmon!
Can you guys just enjoy talking hi-fi without being so negative?

I agree...very one sided topics here....im here for the fun....and to learn what I can...smile.gif
post #87 of 155
I have not been online in over 3and months!
Just got back 2in weeks ago
and if you guys think you have science figured out, your sadly mistaken yourselfs!
You are like the A/V police!
Nobodys opinion's or beleifs matter!
Someday you will learn theres more to everything than you could ever ever imagine!
Im here to talk audio...not try to convince somebody about something that they believe in
What is funny is all the instant messages i get telling me that i am right and dont listen to the ones that tell me im not!... i get them everyday!
Just enjoy the topics and hifi and stop being the avs bully neighbor hood watch!+
post #88 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

Its always your way or the highway
always one sided opinions on any topic here
All amps sound the same
all cables sound the same
all dacs sound the same
all dogs bark the same
i mean....cmon!
Can you guys just enjoy talking hi-fi without being so negative?

It's not our way it is the way of the physical world. If you have reliable evidence to the contrary, I'd surely love to see it.

BTW if you want to see a single sided situation, try actually looking at the physical world. Last time I looked there is only one (1) of them. Apparently you would be more comfortable with a world where the speed of light was based on personal opinions? ;-)

All of the complaints on your list appear to be hyperbole. You be serious with us and we'll be serious with you.

Furthermore you've appear to have been ticketed for not exactly telling the truth of your recent posting habits.

So what is your point? Just letting off steam? Get spanked in the other forums that have been posting while your PC was supposedly down?
post #89 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

I tryed a coat hanger....strange... i got no sound!
Put in some cheap radio shack zip cord..um..got sound..but the whole soundstage collapsed..no depth to the music...etc..( even my dog covered his ears)... even my wife said. Wtf!.... put back in my straightwire cables..without her knowing...the dog came back..my wife said. Wow..thats more like it
and she aint into hi-fi..i dont know what to say
i never use to believe ...but theres just no going back...were all free to beleive in what we believe in
welcome to America! .... ufos?....ghosts?.. the paranormal?.. life after death?.. by the way the only amps they use on the other side are parasound halos!.... uncle bud told me...he has been gone since 1974.

In order to use coat hanger wire you need two in order to complete the circuit. I do know what to say. Go get your wife to help you do a bias controlled test. Then you will understand.
post #90 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

It's not our way it is the way of the physical world. If you have reliable evidence to the contrary, I'd surely love to see it.

BTW if you want to see a single sided situation, try actually looking at the physical world. Last time I looked there is only one (1) of them. Apparently you would be more comfortable with a world where the speed of light was based on personal opinions? ;-)

All of the complaints on your list appear to be hyperbole. You be serious with us and we'll be serious with you.

Furthermore you've appear to have been ticketed for not exactly telling the truth of your recent posting hab

hat is your point? Just letting off steam? Get spanked in the other forums that have been posting while your PC was supposedly down?

I explained my situation officer....i was out of the loop for a few months and just started posting two weeks ago!.... i have nothing to cover up or hide!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 2 Channel Audio
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › 2 Channel Audio › I love my 2 channel setup...