This is probably covered, but I've been searching for awhile and am only getting small snippets of useful information. My needs are not unlike those of others, I'm sure. My purpose is to get rid of Dish Network subscription and provide an easy to use solution for my home, which has both wired and wireless networking capability in all three viewing locations.
- OTA tuner, preferably with two tuners for simultaneous record and watch
- DVR capability
- Network extension to all three displays
- wife-friendly, controllable by remote control (Logitech)
- Schedule so that recordings can be scheduled in advance
- No recurring monthly charges
Within reason, cost is not an issue, and I am happy to build my own HTPC, but I am confused about what is needed in each room to receive the stream to each display, and how to make scheduling and viewing friendly with remote control (these may be related, if the end device is something like Roku or blu-ray player that supports network files).
Is this even the right forum? I'm only interested in OTA, we already subscribe to multiple online services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, etc.)
Thanks much in advance. I'm technically adept, but have a few mind blocks I'll attribute either to old age or partying too much.