or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Very disappointed with Newegg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Very disappointed with Newegg - Page 2

post #31 of 70
Where in their written policy does it state they will not charge shipping? I have personally been charged shipping when I had a defective motherboard.

I stressed ...AS IT IS WRITTEN... If you can show me where it states they will not charge a restocking fee or charge on shipping I will be happy to say myself and several other members who HAVE been charged for DoA were incorrectly charged.

Just read through their return policies...the whole long long post of it. Now compare it to Amazon. Just tell me I am wrong and this is good customer service and a great return policy they have and I will be happy to let this drop.

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/ReturnPolicy.aspx?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-Branding-_-Main-_-ReturnPolicy&gclid=CKSHor_WlbYCFQZV4AodexwAZg

Standard Return Policy
Return for refund within: 30 days
Return for replacement within: 30 days
Restocking Fee: Yes
This is our Standard Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states "This item may be returned for a replacement or refund within 30 days only") must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.
post #32 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

Where in their written policy does it state they will not charge shipping? I have personally been charged shipping when I had a defective motherboard.

I stressed ...AS IT IS WRITTEN... If you can show me where it states they will not charge a restocking fee or charge on shipping I will be happy to say myself and several other members who HAVE been charged for DoA were incorrectly charged.

Just read through their return policies...the whole long long post of it. Now compare it to Amazon. Just tell me I am wrong and this is good customer service and a great return policy they have and I will be happy to let this drop.

Where does it say that they won't give you a free beer? Yet, you don't expect one.

There are many retailers that you cover shipping if you return a product, for whatever reason. It's often not stated that you will. And Amazon is a poor example since many of their 3rd party resellers don't cover return shipping either.
post #33 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Where does it say that they won't give you a free beer? Yet, you don't expect one.

There are many retailers that you cover shipping if you return a product, for whatever reason. It's often not stated that you will. And Amazon is a poor example since many of their 3rd party resellers don't cover return shipping either.

Well I just deleted my citing of UCC and contract law (my law professors would have been proud)...

If you are happy with Newegg then use them. If you were unaware of their restocking fees and return shipping...then hopefully you became more aware if you read this thread.

That is the bottom line.

If you honestly believe that their return policy is fair...

It is like someone listening to Bose and thinking that it sounds 1000x better than any other speaker they have heard...and they have heard Ascend, Paradigm, PSB, B&W, JTR, Revel and many others...

But to them Bose is the best by far. Are they wrong...nope. They are not.

If you like Bose...more power to you! biggrin.gif
post #34 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

Well I just deleted my citing of UCC and contract law (my law professors would have been proud)...

If you are happy with Newegg then use them. If you were unaware of their restocking fees and return shipping...then hopefully you became more aware if you read this thread.

That is the bottom line.

If you honestly believe that their return policy is fair...

It is like someone listening to Bose and thinking that it sounds 1000x better than any other speaker they have heard...and they have heard Ascend, Paradigm, PSB, B&W, JTR, Revel and many others...

But to them Bose is the best by far. Are they wrong...nope. They are not.

If you like Bose...more power to you! biggrin.gif

You have made some excellent points. Don't let the fan boys on here get to you. I no longer do business with Newegg or Amazon because of the way I perceive their poor customer service to be. I do not have a lot of money but I would rather pay a little more and be treated to my standards. Polk Audio Direct, Polk's eBay store is an example of what I perceive to be good service. They quickly ship with Fed Ex using cardboard boxes so thick you would almost think they were wood and they never have a separate shipping/handling charge. Their customer service is in Boston, MA, USA and surprise, surprise they even speak English. As a bonus they answer the phone on the first ring. I have bought from them twice so far but as I complete my Home Theater I intend to purchase more because of their great customer service and low prices, One nice thing about eBay is that should anything go wrong PayPal has and will back me up. I have never lost any money in an eBay transaction and I have been buying there since 1999.
post #35 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

Well I just deleted my citing of UCC and contract law (my law professors would have been proud)...

If you are happy with Newegg then use them. If you were unaware of their restocking fees and return shipping...then hopefully you became more aware if you read this thread.

That is the bottom line.

If you honestly believe that their return policy is fair...

It is like someone listening to Bose and thinking that it sounds 1000x better than any other speaker they have heard...and they have heard Ascend, Paradigm, PSB, B&W, JTR, Revel and many others...

But to them Bose is the best by far. Are they wrong...nope. They are not.

If you like Bose...more power to you! biggrin.gif

That's disappointing that you would call someone a Bose lover on this forum. Seems like to me you bought from Newegg without paying attention to their return policy, have taken it personally instead of coming to terms with the fact that you made a wrong assumption, and you are now trying to make it personal in this discussion. Can you avoid the name calling? rolleyes.gif

Fairness doesn't have anything to do with this. Just because the very larger majority of companies don't provide free shipping both ways like Zappos, doesn't make all the rest "unfair." If the only value proposition in determining to purchase something is customer service, then perhaps everyone here should buy speakers from SVS given their customer bill of rights and extensive warranties. One should make purchase decisions based on the value offered, and that includes price and customer service. Return policies are part of that, and each person has to make their own call on what suits their needs. I don't buy sometimes from Newegg for that reason. I definitely don't buy their open box products.

Lesson learned for naive online shoppers. Don't assume that all return policies are the same.

That being said, I do sympathize with the OP because he's not aware of the potential packaging problem with towers speakers and shipping via UPS and FedEx. But that's a problem when you buy from a lot of companies when buying online. Not a "Newegg" thing.
post #36 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

That's disappointing that you would call someone a Bose lover on this forum. Seems like to me you bought from Newegg without paying attention to their return policy, have taken it personally instead of coming to terms with the fact that you made a wrong assumption, and you are now trying to make it personal in this discussion. Can you avoid the name calling? rolleyes.gif

Fairness doesn't have anything to do with this. Just because the very larger majority of companies don't provide free shipping both ways like Zappos, doesn't make all the rest "unfair." If the only value proposition in determining to purchase something is customer service, then perhaps everyone here should buy speakers from SVS given their customer bill of rights and extensive warranties. One should make purchase decisions based on the value offered, and that includes price and customer service. Return policies are part of that, and each person has to make their own call on what suits their needs. I don't buy sometimes from Newegg for that reason. I definitely don't buy their open box products.

Lesson learned for naive online shoppers. Don't assume that all return policies are the same.

That being said, I do sympathize with the OP because he's not aware of the potential packaging problem with towers speakers and shipping via UPS and FedEx. But that's a problem when you buy from a lot of companies when buying online. Not a "Newegg" thing.

I too disagree cel4145 with the way you see things. I think you need to understand that this is why they make chocolate and vanilla. A company can have the best prices in the entire world but I am not doing business with them if their customer service is poor and/or they treat their employees poorly. I also won't do business with a company that has moral issues. I stopped doing business with Lowe's when they pulled their advertising from the TV show about Muslims. I vote with my wallet and money. I stand up for what I believe in. I probably pay more in the long run the way I do business but I have discovered good principals are expensive.

The whole issue here is that a company promised to deliver an item in one piece for a certain price. It being open box doesn't really have anything to do with it. Since they failed to do so any agreement between said company and the customer is null and void. If I were the OP I would simply call my Credit Card company and tell them Newegg failed to live up to the agreement and that I want the charges reversed. If Newegg wants the messed up stuff back they can send the OP a prepaid shipping label. If they won't send a prepaid shipping label I would consider the messed up stuff a gift.
post #37 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

I too disagree cel4145 with the way you see things. I think you need to understand that this is why they make chocolate and vanilla.

I have no idea what you are talking about. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

The whole issue here is that a company promised to deliver an item in one piece for a certain price. It being open box doesn't really have anything to do with it. Since they failed to do so any agreement between said company and the customer is null and void. If I were the OP I would simply call my Credit Card company and tell them Newegg failed to live up to the agreement and that I want the charges reversed. If Newegg wants the messed up stuff back they can send the OP a prepaid shipping label. If they won't send a prepaid shipping label I would consider the messed up stuff a gift.

Actually, the company promised to ship an item. The shipping company takes responsibility from there. If the box was as compromised as the OP describes, the OP had the option to refuse delivery, or barring that, make sure that FedEx or UPS acknowledged the box damage and witnessed the problem with the product at the point of receipt. As someone receiving a package, you have an obligation to the shipper to do that. Otherwise, the shipper cannot make a claim. Only the recipient can.
post #38 of 70
Everybody has a shipping charge. Some include it in the cost of the product and some show it as a separate charge, but it is in there. Shipping is a cost that every supplier has to take into account. As far as a retailer paying for all returns, I don't think the retailer would be in business long term, if paying for all returns. Now I do agree that a customer should not have to pay for return of a DOA item. Shipping of large speakers and subs can be very costly. If free return shipping was offered, many people would just buy to try out, with no real interest in keeping the item and then ask for a return. We double box nearly all of the items we sell and for electronics, I think that is very important.
Reply
Reply
post #39 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Everybody has a shipping charge. Some include it in the cost of the product and some show it as a separate charge, but it is in there. Shipping is a cost that every supplier has to take into account. As far as a retailer paying for all returns, I don't think the retailer would be in business long term, if paying for all returns. Now I do agree that a customer should not have to pay for return of a DOA item. Shipping of large speakers and subs can be very costly. If free return shipping was offered, many people would just buy to try out, with no real interest in keeping the item and then ask for a return. We double box nearly all of the items we sell and for electronics, I think that is very important.

Well...that is true to some extent.

Every company pays shipping... That cost gets include in the total cost of doing business... Some are able to off set part or all of that cost through increased volume of sales, economies of scale, etc.

The same is true that having a liberal return policy always costs a company money...but is it MORE money... Well that takes a very detailed and complicated dive into 1000 different aspects of the person's business.

As an example ...would Costco make more money short and long term if they became much more strict on their returns? I am sure someone better at numbers has done the analysis.

As I am sure someone at Newegg has also done the analysis and come to a different conclusion. Now if item X costs the same delivered at Costco vs. Newegg which would you be more likley to buy.

Yes, Costco charges a membership but we can use Walmart and Best Buy even... Not quite as good as Costco but very acceptable return policies.
post #40 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

The same is true that having a liberal return policy always costs a company money...but is it MORE money... Well that takes a very detailed and complicated dive into 1000 different aspects of the person's business.

As an example ...would Costco make more money short and long term if they became much more strict on their returns? I am sure someone better at numbers has done the analysis.

No need to wonder what that effect would have on Costco. They severely restricted their electronics return policy years ago because of abuses. It used to be unlimited time, full refund and no questions asked. Now it's 90 days. After that you get a 2 year warranty. The problem was people were "trading in" 5 year old TV's to get a new model. Ridiculous. So some idiots ruined it for everyone. It hasn't hurt Costco; they're kicking Walmart's ass.

Chris
post #41 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

Yep...trade off. However, people should be aware of that trade off PRIOR to buying from them. If the price difference is a few dollars it is usually worth it to go elsewhere... At least if elsewhere has better CS and return policy.

This comment stood out to me. By no means am I a Newegg fanboy as I have never ordered from them but I really fail to see how it is their problem for me not knowing their policies before ordering from them. That falls on me. Before ordering, I can look at the policies on their site and, if I have any questions, I can call them for clarification. If I don't research it thoroughly, it's not fair of me to bash them after the fact for not telling me.
post #42 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudda View Post

No need to wonder what that effect would have on Costco. They severely restricted their electronics return policy years ago because of abuses. It used to be unlimited time, full refund and no questions asked. Now it's 90 days. After that you get a 2 year warranty. The problem was people were "trading in" 5 year old TV's to get a new model. Ridiculous. So some idiots ruined it for everyone. It hasn't hurt Costco; they're kicking Walmart's ass.

Chris

Correct. Same goes for Walmart. They now track each person's returns and will do something if you are caught abusing the system. Also Walmart only gives 15 days for most electronics. Once again it is because people abused the policy. Several years ago, I was in a Walmart and a family brought back a go cart for return. Nothing was wrong with it. The go cart looked rather used. I asked and a Walmart employee told me that family comes in the store in the spring, buys a go cart, uses it all summer and returns it in the fall. Said this was not the first time for that family to do this. Also told me that I would be shocked at how often this happens. Some people have a lot of gall.
Reply
Reply
post #43 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

I have no idea what you are talking about. LOL
Actually, the company promised to ship an item. The shipping company takes responsibility from there. If the box was as compromised as the OP describes, the OP had the option to refuse delivery, or barring that, make sure that FedEx or UPS acknowledged the box damage and witnessed the problem with the product at the point of receipt. As someone receiving a package, you have an obligation to the shipper to do that. Otherwise, the shipper cannot make a claim. Only the recipient can.

Again, I believe you are wrong. Regardless of how the company gets it there (meaning what shipping company they use) it is the seller's responsibility to get the product there in one piece If they have a problem with their subcontractor it is up to them to follow up not their customer. The transaction is not completed until the product is delivered satisfactorily. I sure wouldn't wanted to do business with you based on your thinking.
post #44 of 70
For those of you who got free shipping for returning defective products, good for you.

I've, on more than one occasion, had to return a DOA product to NewEgg and had to pay return shipping. They stated very clearly when I got my RMA and confirmed on the phone, I was responsible for paying return shipping. You shouldn't assume that all returns are identical and just because you didn't have to pay return shipping, no one else does either. Most of my purchases are computer components, so maybe the rules tend to be different from buying consumer electronics.
post #45 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

Again, I believe you are wrong. Regardless of how the company gets it there (meaning what shipping company they use) it is the seller's responsibility to get the product there in one piece If they have a problem with their subcontractor it is up to them to follow up not their customer. The transaction is not completed until the product is delivered satisfactorily. I sure wouldn't wanted to do business with you based on your thinking.

First, I don't know what this discussion has to do with doing business with me.

Second, what is wrong here? Admittedly, I have not had experience with FedEX, but I have with UPS in situations like this more than once and have read others on this forum who have noted similar things. UPS requires that claims regarding visible damage to a package be made by the recipient, and that needs to be done upon accepting delivery. Same is true with my experience with local delivery of large items (furniture, appliances) which often can happen via 3rd party delivery services. When one accepts delivery, there is an acknowledgement that the item does not have any visible shipping damage (one often has to sign in agreement with that). Carriers require this to make certain that any damage does not happen after delivery (e.g., the recipient damages the package/item when moving it).

So, as to your expectations of how you want the world to work vs how it actually works? Well, I wouldn't recommend ordering anything big and expensive shipped via UPS if you are unwilling to inspect packages upon receipt and report if there is a problem.
post #46 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

So, as to your expectations of how you want the world to work vs how it actually works? Well, I wouldn't recommend ordering anything big and expensive shipped via UPS if you are unwilling to inspect packages upon receipt and report if there is a problem.

Not just UPS. Same goes for FedEx, USPS, Ontrac. ect....... any item that is shipped out goes through lots of hands before it reaches its destination. And all those companies will release the parcel at the door unless you select a "signature" option.
post #47 of 70
Well I don't know, everyone here has legit concerns, but one thing I have learned is never, ever, under any circumstance, do business with Cel4145 ;P
post #48 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by volta View Post

Well I don't know, everyone here has legit concerns, but one thing I have learned is never, ever, under any circumstance, do business with Cel4145 ;P

I'm sure there are many business people who are more than happy to do business with someone who

(a) reviews the return terms before ordering and has no return expectations beyond the terms offered
(b) is willing to inspect packages upon initial receipt and report it to the carrier so that the seller can be covered by their insurance if there is shipping damage

rolleyes.gif
post #49 of 70
Yup, that's right. I can't have too much sympathy for someone who doesn't take the time to read and understand the conditions of buying something online. I've been burned by similar situations and I chaulk it up to a learning experience. Still, I can't blame anyone but me for these things.
post #50 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by volta View Post

Yup, that's right. I can't have too much sympathy for someone who doesn't take the time to read and understand the conditions of buying something online. I've been burned by similar situations and I chaulk it up to a learning experience. Still, I can't blame anyone but me for these things.

Me, too. I learned from my experiences about 7 or 8 years ago. And now I order evaluating whether I am willing to take the risk.

Just today, I ordered a $100 portable headphone amp directly from Hong Kong on ebay. Sure. The seller will refund my money if it doesn't work, but shipping it back? That'll be half the cost of the item. The item and the seller has had good reviews (on another forum), so I decided to take the risk anyway. If it doesn't work, I might be disgruntled some with myself for taking the risk and losing the shipping back costs, but not the seller. I've gotten a few good items directly from Asia that are great deals, but the return/refund options are a factor against ordering.
post #51 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Me, too. I learned from my experiences about 7 or 8 years ago. And now I order evaluating whether I am willing to take the risk.

Just today, I ordered a $100 portable headphone amp directly from Hong Kong on ebay. Sure. The seller will refund my money if it doesn't work, but shipping it back? That'll be half the cost of the item. The item and the seller has had good reviews (on another forum), so I decided to take the risk anyway. If it doesn't work, I might be disgruntled some with myself for taking the risk and losing the shipping back costs, but not the seller. I've gotten a few good items directly from Asia that are great deals, but the return/refund options are a factor against ordering.

I bet stores see you as a push over and an easy mark. My philosophy is the customer is always right even if he is wrong. Part of the cost of doing business is keeping the customer happy.
post #52 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

I bet stores see you as a push over and an easy mark. My philosophy is the customer is always right even if he is wrong. Part of the cost of doing business is keeping the customer happy.

Well, Newegg is definitely not for you. They don't cater to your kind so that they can keep prices lower for the rest of us. (lol)
post #53 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Well, Newegg is definitely not for you. They don't cater to your kind so that they can keep prices lower for the rest of us. (lol)
smile.gifcool.gif

Ya you can tell by the bad reviews folks leave on Newegg. People that list their tech level as 5 marks talk like they've only built 1 computer in their life, if that.
post #54 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

I bet stores see you as a push over and an easy mark. My philosophy is the customer is always right even if he is wrong. Part of the cost of doing business is keeping the customer happy.

No, I think retailers would see him as an informed consumer. He understands the terms of the contract because he has read them. If anyone ships something fragile/valuable to me I insist on "signature required" delivery terms. This has been absolutely standard in shipping for many years and for good reason. It is the only way all three parties can verify where and when damage or loss occurred.

As far as the customer always being right, well, they're not. That sounds like a nice business policy but there are far too many selfish or nefarious individuals out there for that policy to always work in today's world. It's sad but true. Too many people out there trying to game the system. As a retired teacher you must realize this. How would you have reacted if the parent of a drug-addled, violent, mostly truant, unteachable dummy accused you of being incompetent because their little darling wasn't going to graduate? What if a student falsely accused you of abuse? The customer is always right, no? If you lose your job and pension because of this that's acceptable because it's "the cost of doing business." Right.
post #55 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudda View Post

No, I think retailers would see him as an informed consumer. He understands the terms of the contract because he has read them. If anyone ships something fragile/valuable to me I insist on "signature required" delivery terms. This has been absolutely standard in shipping for many years and for good reason. It is the only way all three parties can verify where and when damage or loss occurred.

As far as the customer always being right, well, they're not. That sounds like a nice business policy but there are far too many selfish or nefarious individuals out there for that policy to always work in today's world. It's sad but true. Too many people out there trying to game the system. As a retired teacher you must realize this. How would you have reacted if the parent of a drug-addled, violent, mostly truant, unteachable dummy accused you of being incompetent because their little darling wasn't going to graduate? What if a student falsely accused you of abuse? The customer is always right, no? If you lose your job and pension because of this that's acceptable because it's "the cost of doing business." Right.

I sure am glad I am not doing business with most of you. I have to tell you I find myself staying home more and more simply because I do not want to associate with people who have a life philosophy like some of you in this thread have. I guess my age is showing (62). I long for how the USA used to be when you could do business with a handshake and people were not out to take advantage of you. Unfortunately greed is the name of the game today. To be honest I restrict my purchases and places I do business with to a very small group of companies that have a business/mission statement that I can agree with. You would be correct in thinking that businesses like Newegg and Amazon are not on that list. In another thread on AVS there is a story from a man who had a frame he ordered from Snap Frame Direct damaged during shipping. Snap Frame Direct told him they would send him a new one and that he could keep the damaged one. That is how businesses should operate. BTW, I have 7 of Snap Frame Direct's frames in my home theater because I already knew what kind of company they were after exchanging several emails with a lady in their customer service department. I had explained to her I would like to purchase some of their frames but that my eBay bucks would not come though for a couple of weeks and by then their sale would be over. She told me no problem, that she would personally go to the president of the company and set things up with him. I was to email her when I was ready to make the purchase and she would honor the sale price. See the difference in the customer service and why I do business with and promote those kinds of companies? Polk Audio Direct and Menard's are other companies who have great customer service like Snap Frame Direct's.
post #56 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

I sure am glad I am not doing business with most of you. I have to tell you I find myself staying home more and more simply because I do not want to associate with people who have a life philosophy like some of you in this thread have. I guess my age is showing (62). I long for how the USA used to be when you could do business with a handshake and people were not out to take advantage of you. Unfortunately greed is the name of the game today. To be honest I restrict my purchases and places I do business with to a very small group of companies that have a business/mission statement that I can agree with. You would be correct in thinking that businesses like Newegg and Amazon are not on that list. In another thread on AVS there is a story from a man who had a frame he ordered from Snap Frame Direct damaged during shipping. Snap Frame Direct told him they would send him a new one and that he could keep the damaged one. That is how businesses should operate. BTW, I have 7 of Snap Frame Direct's frames in my home theater because I already knew what kind of company they were after exchanging several emails with a lady in their customer service department. I had explained to her I would like to purchase some of their frames but that my eBay bucks would not come though for a couple of weeks and by then their sale would be over. She told me no problem, that she would personally go to the president of the company and set things up with him. I was to email her when I was ready to make the purchase and she would honor the sale price. See the difference in the customer service and why I do business with and promote those kinds of companies? Polk Audio Direct and Menard's are other companies who have great customer service like Snap Frame Direct's.

As has been stated many times, newegg is not out to rip people off or deceive them. You can read their return and exchange policies many places on their site.

You're right, back in the day, things were different. Unfortunately, now days, businesses have to take drastic measures to protect themselves, due to so many lowdown, losers trying to abuse companies for their own benefit. Sometimes, protecting themselves comes at the cost of customer service.

I don't expect any company to bend over backwards for me. It's certainly nice if they do. But, as long as I get a smile and a thank you and am comfortable with my warranty, I'm happy.
post #57 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

If you honestly believe that their return policy is fair...
Fair isn't the correct word. The better question is "Do you believe their return policy is clearly described and easily accessible?"

This thread has made it quite clear that it is.

Your issue is you don't like their policy, which is valid as well. So to those who are thinking of using NewEgg, read their return policy.
post #58 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

I bet stores see you as a push over and an easy mark. My philosophy is the customer is always right even if he is wrong. Part of the cost of doing business is keeping the customer happy.
I'd love to do business with you or any company that has this philosophy. That way, after I buy my speakers, I can return my 10 year old car for a full refund of my original purchase price and get a new car. Seriously, how WRONG can a customer be before you change your philosophy?

It also sounds like you've never worked retail. In my younger days I used to sell computer supplies. A customer came back with a used, but working, logitech mouse. He wanted a FULL refund. Why? Because when the salesman sold it to him he was told that this was Logitech's best mouse. Five years later it was no longer Logitech's best mouse and felt he deserved a full refund.

Needless to say we did NOT take the customer is always right, even when wrong, philosophy. This customer, and those like him, are NOT profitable. But let me continue, we had a customer come back with an OPENED game for his PC. Our return policy CLEARLY stated no open box software can be returned. But when you look up the customers name, you find out he purchased about fifty games in the last two years and never returned one. He got a full refund for a game he did not like.
post #59 of 70
Obviously, I don't fit in with the thinking on this thread so I am out of here. I am betting with age that some of you will mature and change your view point. I wish you well in the mean time and hope you don't get taken advantage of too badly until that happens. BTW, I need to add Hot Link to my list of companies that offer great customer service. Also, I disagree with the above poster. Newegg's policy is not fair. I do agree though that it is their's to make and my choice not to do business with them until it changes.

For Simple Theater: I guess I lived in and still do live in a myth then because I do business with a handshake. I am extremely honest to a fault and my goal in life is not to make a profit by taking advantage of another person. Just because I have 3 earned college degrees does not give me the right to use that knowledge to out smart another person. I made a decision to use my knowledge to help others.
Edited by macfan - 3/27/13 at 9:10am
post #60 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

I long for how the USA used to be when you could do business with a handshake and people were not out to take advantage of you.
That's a myth. There's a reason Upton Sinclair wrote "The Jungle", published 1906.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Very disappointed with Newegg