or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › Beam and Pole interruptus NOT - BIGmouthinDC and NYGiantsFan23 launch - The Rawlinsway Theater
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beam and Pole interruptus NOT - BIGmouthinDC and NYGiantsFan23 launch - The Rawlinsway Theater - Page 14

post #391 of 800
Looks fantastic - quite a transformation from the last set of pics.
post #392 of 800
Thread Starter 
NYGF23 knows a good painter. His Drywall guy did a lot of the molding
post #393 of 800
Looks excellent!
post #394 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGIANTSFAN23 View Post

Thanks Guys, but I owe all the credit to Big and Bill... I showed Big a picture and asked him if he could do it and he told me Yes, I can make it happen. All of the pieces are coming together just like we planned.
post #395 of 800
REALLY nice work! Looking great!
post #396 of 800
Awesome progress guys - it looks outstanding!

Did you use flat paint all around (specifically on the crown molding)? There appears to be a bit of sheen on the crown (which I think looks really great). I'm getting ready to install some crown in other areas of my house and am hoping to get a nice sheen like that.

Thanks! And keep up the great work!
post #397 of 800
Agree! The crown looks great!
post #398 of 800

The crown looks amazing, as done the paneling!  It reminds me of Mario's Cinemar paneling.  That's a good thing!

post #399 of 800
Nice chocolate theater, looks good. I had my basement that shade before the remodel, loved it. This theater will be done before you know it!
post #400 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBenji View Post

Awesome progress guys - it looks outstanding!

Did you use flat paint all around (specifically on the crown molding)? There appears to be a bit of sheen on the crown (which I think looks really great). I'm getting ready to install some crown in other areas of my house and am hoping to get a nice sheen like that.

Thanks! And keep up the great work!

I used Sherwin Williams Emerald matte finish on the walls and ceiling, and their signature series semi gloss.
post #401 of 800
Thanks - looks great!
post #402 of 800
Wow! What a great looking theater. I have a similar beam and you guys did a masterful job of incorporating that into the design and really showing those of us with similar structural obstacles what can be done with some planning and hard work. Great job and thanks!
post #403 of 800
Three months? Come on nobody does this. Hats out to NYGIANTSFAN23 and BIGmouthinDC!
post #404 of 800
whats the deal with carpet and furniture?
post #405 of 800
Carpet goes on the floor. Furniture you sit on.
post #406 of 800
Been a few days since I looked at this build, all I can say is "are you kidding me!"

Wow, this is now my all time favorite build. I think I could actually sell my wife on the idea based on this build, those colors are perfect for her sensibilities.

Cudo's to NYGIANTSFAN23 and BIG!!!
post #407 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post

Carpet goes on the floor. Furniture you sit on.

You learn something new every day tongue.gif

I meant (I'm sure you know) if he had a plan or choices picked out ?
post #408 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1redss View Post

Wow! What a great looking theater. I have a similar beam and you guys did a masterful job of incorporating that into the design and really showing those of us with similar structural obstacles what can be done with some planning and hard work. Great job and thanks!

Trust me 1redSS, I was very nervous about that beam, but BIG assured me that he could come up with something to take the attention away from it and he did...
post #409 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

You learn something new every day tongue.gif

I meant (I'm sure you know) if he had a plan or choices picked out ?

Just giving you a hard time. wink.gif
post #410 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post

Been a few days since I looked at this build, all I can say is "are you kidding me!"

Wow, this is now my all time favorite build. I think I could actually sell my wife on the idea based on this build, those colors are perfect for her sensibilities.

Cudo's to NYGIANTSFAN23 and BIG!!!

Thanks NWCgrad... Although my skills with a hammer was limited, I feel really good knowing that I played a big part in the actual work of the space. I put a lot of man hours into this build and I can honestly say the only part I would never do again is carrying 62 bags of 50 pound sand from my car to the basement, that sucked big time!! I learned a lot from BIG, but the best thing I learned was to trust him and his ideas...
post #411 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

whats the deal with carpet and furniture?

I have all of my seating and I am working on the carpet this w/e. we still have a few cosmetics to address before we put the carpet down and we still have to build the bar top.
post #412 of 800
Thread Starter 
When looking at carpet go darK
post #413 of 800
That's the plan...
post #414 of 800
Fantastic work gentlemen. Most excellent. Love the color, has a very rich look to it. Well done.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #415 of 800
You know I love the warmth from the earth tone color. Very cozy and homey feel. Great choice!! smile.gif
post #416 of 800
Thanks guys, I can't wait to get this thing finished. We are moving right along, but now that the end is near I can't stay out of the space wondering what it is going to feel like to sit in my chair and enjoy that first movie...
post #417 of 800
Landshark, I will need your assistance soon.
post #418 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGIANTSFAN23 View Post

Thanks guys, I can't wait to get this thing finished. We are moving right along, but now that the end is near I can't stay out of the space wondering what it is going to feel like to sit in my chair and enjoy that first movie...

put the fridge right out side the room so you will have everything you need near by food, water and bathroom right around the corner... your all set for at least a week .... your going to love it smile.gif
post #419 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

put the fridge right out side the room so you will have everything you need near by food, water and bathroom right around the corner... your all set for at least a week .... your going to love it smile.gif

Had a good friend of mine come over and he said my screen is badass. I told him, I know where you could get one if you like it that much:D
post #420 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGIANTSFAN23 View Post

Had a good friend of mine come over and he said my screen is badass. I told him, I know where you could get one if you like it that much:D

biggrin.gif.... your room is going to be sweet ...love the colors and all the molding can't wait to come out and get some good pics of the finished room
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › Beam and Pole interruptus NOT - BIGmouthinDC and NYGiantsFan23 launch - The Rawlinsway Theater