or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Bioshock Infinite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bioshock Infinite

post #1 of 65
Thread Starter 
If there is an official thread I'm sorry. ( I searched)

Anyone getting it tomorrow? I've pre ordered it 2 days ago from the psn store.
I got a theme and the 1st Bioshock for free smile.gif
post #2 of 65
Probably get it eventually. The reviews have been excellent so far. Loved the other 2 Bioshocks
post #3 of 65
It will be waiting for me on my doorstep tomorrow. Now I just have to sleep even less than normal so I can hurry up and finish Far Cry 3.
post #4 of 65
Purchased through Steam, installed and waiting for midnight so I can play smile.gif
post #5 of 65
Does anyone know what the save system is like? Is it checkpoint based or save anywhere/anytime?
post #6 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerkit View Post

Does anyone know what the save system is like? Is it checkpoint based or save anywhere/anytime?

The reviews I've read indicated they were checkpoint based. Wish they had kept the save-anywhere feature from the first game but I heard the checkpoints are quite generous so it shouldn't be too bad.
post #7 of 65
Thread Starter 
just my luck, I tried to download the game, but the PSN store was not working,.. sigh. Will try later tonight,
post #8 of 65
Got a deal I couldn't pass up from my hookup in the hood, $40 new. So, I pulled the trigger eventhough I bought Tomb Raider this morning...hmmm, which to play first?
post #9 of 65
Tempted to take advantage of the $10 PSN credit this month and get it today, but I'd rather have a physical copy...so I'll probably wait to clear some backlog and hopefully an early price drop/sale.

Reviews so far are outstanding. The only negative thing I've heard about it is the poor textures.
post #10 of 65
So, is this another mediocre FPS dressed up in fancy atmosphere that makes reviewers ignore all the game's weaknesses like Bioshock did, or will this game actually be worth my time...?

- Jer
post #11 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post

So, is this another mediocre FPS dressed up in fancy atmosphere that makes reviewers ignore all the game's weaknesses like Bioshock did, or will this game actually be worth my time...?

- Jer

Not from the reviews I've read. Everything I've seen has rated it higher than just about any game I've ever seen. And all the footage I've seen looks incredible. I'll definitely be picking it up, looking forward to it.
post #12 of 65
Eurogamer gave it a 10/10. Pretty much the only rag I still trust to be somewhat objective.
post #13 of 65
I am one of the six people in the world who didn't like Bishock, so this is a pass.
post #14 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

I am one of the six people in the world who didn't like Bishock, so this is a pass.

Make that 7.

I didn't care for the original Bioshock either (nor Singularity, Raven Software's Bioshock clone). Having said that, I'm going to give this one a try. No way I'm buying a Season Pass for it though unless I finish the game--not wasting money on content that I'll probably never see (done that already with AC3). This one may be a very quick trade-in for me, but we'll see.
post #15 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlock View Post

Make that 7.

I didn't care for the original Bioshock either (nor Singularity, Raven Software's Bioshock clone). Having said that, I'm going to give this one a try. No way I'm buying a Season Pass for it though unless I finish the game--not wasting money on content that I'll probably never see (done that already with AC3). This one may be a very quick trade-in for me, but we'll see.

The Infamy in AC3 is pretty interesting so far for the story. Just wish the mechanics would transfer over to the main game wink.gif
post #16 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerkit View Post

Does anyone know what the save system is like? Is it checkpoint based or save anywhere/anytime?

I did not see a save option in the menu on the PC version, it autosaves.
post #17 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

I am one of the six people in the world who didn't like Bishock, so this is a pass.

Would you kindly try harder, troll.
post #18 of 65
How long are season passes available for games? I probably won't be getting Bioshock Infinite right away, but if the DLC is story driven (as opposed to challenge/hoard modes) I'll definitely want to take advantage of the season pass to get it all for the bundled price.
post #19 of 65
Can anyone who has gotten a few hours in tell me if this is a must-have now, or whether I can handle waiting a few months?
post #20 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

How long are season passes available for games? I probably won't be getting Bioshock Infinite right away, but if the DLC is story driven (as opposed to challenge/hoard modes) I'll definitely want to take advantage of the season pass to get it all for the bundled price.

Pretty sure the PSN Store has them for most (if not all) of the games that have them. I know AC3 & Borderlands 2 season passes are still active on the PSN store.

I guess it depends on how long the publisher wants to make them available via the store. Now that Amazon & GameStop are offering digital content as well, you should have plenty of options when you're ready to purchase.

I just checked the insert that GS put in the bag & didn't see an expiration date.
post #21 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurfieMusic View Post

Can anyone who has gotten a few hours in tell me if this is a must-have now, or whether I can handle waiting a few months?

If you liked the previous Bioshock games (I'm one of the few who liked Bioshock 2 nearly as must as the first game), then I would say it's a must own. A few hours into it and I'm hooked.
post #22 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Eurogamer gave it a 10/10. Pretty much the only rag I still trust to be somewhat objective.

QFT, best written reviews anywhere.
post #23 of 65
Can one of you tell me whether the controls are customizable on the PS3 for this title? Due to the head to head on Eurogamer, I'd rather get the PS3 version, but I prefer to use the 360 controller on it via a dongle.

It works fine as long as I can swap LB/L1 and RB/R1. Can anyone confirm for me whether this is an option? Thanks...
post #24 of 65
I loved the atmosphere and artstyle of Bioshock, but found the controls and combat a bit clunky. How is it this time around (ie. is it up to par with modern, pure, FPS's)?
post #25 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlock View Post

Pretty sure the PSN Store has them for most (if not all) of the games that have them. I know AC3 & Borderlands 2 season passes are still active on the PSN store.

I guess it depends on how long the publisher wants to make them available via the store. Now that Amazon & GameStop are offering digital content as well, you should have plenty of options when you're ready to purchase.

I just checked the insert that GS put in the bag & didn't see an expiration date.

Cool, and thanks. I'll put my Andrew Jackson toward the Deus Ex + DLC sale then.
post #26 of 65
Thread Starter 
I found the control far more responsive this time around, loving this game!
post #27 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

I found the control far more responsive this time around, loving this game!

Good to hear. I guess I'll check it out now, instead of waiting for a price drop (only paid $20 each for the first two).
post #28 of 65
Thread Starter 
I finished the game yesterday, to be honest,...I never saw that ending coming,.. WOW. I'll have to replay and see all the details all over again.
Deeper than you'll think. Amazing.

The last part, gameplay wise was very frustrating imo.
post #29 of 65
Finished up last night, I give it an 8 out of 10. It was good, but not as good as all the reviewers are praising it to be. Ending was good though.
post #30 of 65
Combat was better in Bioshock 2, but story and setting was more interesting in Infinite. I found my deaths to be from cheap enemies in Infinte. I wish there was a new game+, I'd love to start over in hard mode with all my powers and gear. I also wish they got rid of the two weapon rule. I hate constantly dropping guns trying to figure out what to carry. It also discouraging experimenting since you upgrade limited gun, but then you never want to drop them. Either let us have a weapon wheel, or make the upgrades apply to all gun somehow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Bioshock Infinite