or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread - Page 12

post #331 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by barberfunny View Post

Thanks.
You think it's going to be an issue with every source or just with this blu-ray player and/or TV? I considered buying a nice cd player anyway, they're pretty reasonable at this point.
It certainly will not be every source but the only way to tell which ones will work is to hook it up and try it.
post #332 of 1003
I have an RX-V375 which won't adjust lipsync.

The TV is a Samsung UN46F6300. I can drive the receiver from the TV's internal (so-called) "smart" clients, or from a Samsung BD-2500 blu-ray player, or a Roku.

No matter which client drives the signal, and in the case of the TV, whether I use ARC or optical, the Lipsync adjustment in the RX-V375's Setup menu does nothing at all -- no noticeable affect from 0ms to 200ms.

I do have the Lipsync setting in all of the per-scene "Option" menus set to "On".

In the Setup menu, the "Auto" selection is never shown -- I can only select "Manual" adjustment, and as I say, that makes no difference. (I'm a little surprised that the Samsung TV doesn't advertise automatic lipsync capability.)

The firmware version is 1.01. I can't find any reference to downloadable firmware on the Yamaha website -- am I missing something?

Does anyone else see this behavior?
post #333 of 1003
Hi all,

I am a new owner of V 375. I got a small question. When I choose the info in the display it writes SUR. DECODE when it used to display the type i.e NEO 6: Music. Now it displays the type for 2-3 sec and then SUR.DECODE.

I wonder why is that , is not a big deal but I would rather see the DSP program instead of SUR.DECODE. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
post #334 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodez View Post

Hi all,

I am a new owner of V 375. I got a small question. When I choose the info in the display it writes SUR. DECODE when it used to display the type i.e NEO 6: Music. Now it displays the type for 2-3 sec and then SUR.DECODE.

I wonder why is that , is not a big deal but I would rather see the DSP program instead of SUR.DECODE. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
If the source is 5.1 it will just say Sur Decode.
If the source is 2.0 it will flash Sur Decode and then whatever decoder you have setup for 2.0 sources with the Sur Decode mode. Apparently you have it setup for NEO 6 Music. So it is taking the 2.0 signal and making a fake 5.1 with it using NEO 6 Music.
When it is 5.1 and you use Surround Decoder mode it doesnt really do anything because its already 5.1. Its almost the same as using Straight mode with a 5.1 signal. It just basically passes it through without any processing.
post #335 of 1003
I'm trying to set up a friends 675 and I know nothing about Pandora except he uses it to play music through his android phone. Can someone tell me how to set it up through the 675? I kind of need a step by step.. I did read the manual which was no help unless I missed something. I also have the 675 so I am somewhat familiar with it. Thanks.
post #336 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in NY View Post

I'm trying to set up a friends 675 and I know nothing about Pandora except he uses it to play music through his android phone. Can someone tell me how to set it up through the 675? I kind of need a step by step.. I did read the manual which was no help unless I missed something. I also have the 675 so I am somewhat familiar with it. Thanks.


Found it!! If anyone else is interested there is a PDF 'Supplement For Pandora' in Support>Download on Yamaha's site.
post #337 of 1003
Does anyone know where in the signal info RGB or YCbCr is selected???I can not find it anywhere in the manual
post #338 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by reki1978 View Post

Does anyone know where in the signal info RGB or YCbCr is selected???I can not find it anywhere in the manual
I think thats because its not an option.
post #339 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by reki1978 View Post

Does anyone know where in the signal info RGB or YCbCr is selected???I can not find it anywhere in the manual

Your source (e.g. Blu-ray player) may give you the option to output a particular colour space, but there is no option in the Yamaha.
post #340 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxharp View Post

I have an RX-V375 which won't adjust lipsync.

The TV is a Samsung UN46F6300. I can drive the receiver from the TV's internal (so-called) "smart" clients, or from a Samsung BD-2500 blu-ray player, or a Roku.

No matter which client drives the signal, and in the case of the TV, whether I use ARC or optical, the Lipsync adjustment in the RX-V375's Setup menu does nothing at all -- no noticeable affect from 0ms to 200ms.

I do have the Lipsync setting in all of the per-scene "Option" menus set to "On".

In the Setup menu, the "Auto" selection is never shown -- I can only select "Manual" adjustment, and as I say, that makes no difference. (I'm a little surprised that the Samsung TV doesn't advertise automatic lipsync capability.)

The firmware version is 1.01. I can't find any reference to downloadable firmware on the Yamaha website -- am I missing something?

Does anyone else see this behavior?


i'm somewhat embarrassed to report that this was due to user error. the TV was putting out 2ch stereo surround sound on the optical, not 5.1. once that was corrected, lipsync can now be adjusted just fine.
post #341 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxharp View Post

i'm somewhat embarrassed to report that this was due to user error. the TV was putting out 2ch stereo surround sound on the optical, not 5.1. once that was corrected, lipsync can now be adjusted just fine.

I am thinking about getting an RX-V375 & have looked at the online manual regarding lipsync. I see how to turn it on/off & select it, but I did not find anything on how to actually set a delay value. Is it strictly automatic or can you manually set it for 100ms, 120ms, etc.?
post #342 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post

I am thinking about getting an RX-V375 & have looked at the online manual regarding lipsync. I see how to turn it on/off & select it, but I did not find anything on how to actually set a delay value. Is it strictly automatic or can you manually set it for 100ms, 120ms, etc.?

After you enable lipsync (page 53) you can then select auto or manual, and for manual set a delay from 0 to 250ms (page 61/62).
post #343 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

After you enable lipsync (page 53) you can then select auto or manual, and for manual set a delay from 0 to 250ms (page 61/62).

Thanks, I saw the picture on on page 61 & the Lipsync comment in the right column but failed to keep reading.
post #344 of 1003
Hi,
On the yamaha v675 is it possible to have audio through say Airplay but the picture through my ps3 ( or any other hdmi input? )
Cheers.
post #345 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by sae2003us View Post

On the yamaha v675 is it possible to have audio through say Airplay but the picture through my ps3 ( or any other hdmi input? )

Page 83 of the 675 manual. Input Menu, item Video Out: "Selects a video to be output with an audio input source". The audio source can't be anything, but it can be a network source.
post #346 of 1003
How much air space or clearance does Yamaha recommend for cooling the RX-V375? I did not see anything in the online manual or quick start guide. The manual did state to read the Safety Brochure so I'm guessing the info is in there, but I cannot find that brochure on line.

I was looking at an Onkyo manual & they want 8" clearance on the top & sides. I can understand the top, but what component or shelf unit is going to be wide enough for that?

I'm hoping the Yamaha does not need that much side clearance.
Edited by Mike99 - 9/29/13 at 8:56pm
post #347 of 1003
I dont know what the manual says. Can you put it on the top shelf? What kind of clearance can you provide?
post #348 of 1003
I have a TV stand with several shelves & the TV sits on top, just like a lot of TV stands you would see at a store. Shelves are adjustable up/down but the compartments are 20".

I have friends with component racks & they all seem to made to accept the typical 17"-18" wide components.

I just looked at a Denon & they want 12" top, sides & back.

I could probably rearrange my shelves & get more clearance on top but not the sides.
post #349 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post

I have a TV stand with several shelves & the TV sits on top, just like a lot of TV stands you would see at a store. Shelves are adjustable up/down but the compartments are 20".

I have friends with component racks & they all seem to made to accept the typical 17"-18" wide components.

I just looked at a Denon & they want 12" top, sides & back.

I could probably rearrange my shelves & get more clearance on top but not the sides.
Is it a closed cabinet? Glass in the front?
If it is an open cabinet and you can give it an inch on either side and 6" above I think you will be fine. Depending on how hard and how long you push it too. If you listen at very high volume for extended periods of time you may need to put it on top.
post #350 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Is it a closed cabinet? Glass in the front?
If it is an open cabinet and you can give it an inch on either side and 6" above I think you will be fine. Depending on how hard and how long you push it too. If you listen at very high volume for extended periods of time you may need to put it on top.

Cabinet is open front & back & there currently is about 4" open on top & about 1" to 1.5" on the sides of an Onkyo AVR.
post #351 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post

Cabinet is open front & back & there currently is about 4" open on top & about 1" to 1.5" on the sides of an Onkyo AVR.
I dont see why you would have any problems with that. No reason I can think of that the Yamaha would run any hotter than the Onkyo.
Manufacturers usually exaggerate how much clearance you need just to be safe.
post #352 of 1003
Here's an idea on the on the clearance issue. Run your AVR out in the open, or with a ton of clearance. Play something with a lot of mid-bass (or whatever will drive your receiver-driven speakers the hardest) at a loud volume for, say, 15 minutes. Measure the temperature on the top. Then do the same test, but with the receiver inside your cabinet. Measure the temperature on the top again. Did it get much hotter? If not, then you have enough clearance.

Thoughts?
post #353 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII View Post

Here's an idea on the on the clearance issue. Run your AVR out in the open, or with a ton of clearance. Play something with a lot of mid-bass (or whatever will drive your receiver-driven speakers the hardest) at a loud volume for, say, 15 minutes. Measure the temperature on the top. Then do the same test, but with the receiver inside your cabinet. Measure the temperature on the top again. Did it get much hotter? If not, then you have enough clearance.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea & I will probably try it.
Thanks.
post #354 of 1003
On my new 675 I can't seem the get the airplay function to work.
The selected song is visible on the display of the 675. The song also plays on my iPhone 4s.
However, the is not sound.

Beats me why not, because I can have AirPlay anywhere else.

What is it that I miss???

Edit: a day later.

Strange!!! I have ItunesMatch, so all my songs are synchronized with my iPad and iPhone, so the very same tracks are on both devices.
When i want to play a song from my phone, it it sent to my receiver, however: NO sound.
When I play the very same song from my iPad: sound!

I really dont get this. In both cases the receiver finds the imput as shown in the picture.




But why doesn't it play from my phone?
Of course i do not try to stream from ipad and phone at the same time.
Firmware is version 1.20 (latest)


(by the way, other songs work just fine from my phone.....)
Edited by Topdude - 10/2/13 at 8:37am
post #355 of 1003

I have a question for 675/775 owners : can you EQ the subwoofer with the ypao rsc ?

post #356 of 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziinus View Post

I have a question for 675/775 owners : can you EQ the subwoofer with the ypao rsc ?
No
post #357 of 1003
I just got a TSR-6750 (same as the RX-V675) and I'm trying to configure it so I can "Play To" from a Windows 8 PC. I can't seem to figure out how to make that work. From the receiver I can select songs to play from my PC, but I can't pick songs on my PC and send them to the receiver. Anyone got this working and knows the magic incantation?

In Windows Media Player no devices show up to play to. I do see the device in the list of devices.

Thanks!
post #358 of 1003
I think that the easiest way is to (gulp) install iTunes and use Airplay. I like to keep my PCs lean and mean, but I did relent and installed iTunes on one laptop to serve music to my RX-V473 and it works flawlessly.
post #359 of 1003
In case anyone else wants to do this on Windows 8.1 or 8.0 I found this site which has detailed instructions.

http://digitalmediaphile.com/index.php/2013/03/30/using-uncertified-play-to-devices-on-surface-rt-w8-apps/

Following the instructions on that page will let you stream music from Xbox music using the Devices charm from the charm bar. It is working great even as we speak.
post #360 of 1003
Question--bear with me here...

The RX-V575 has the capability to (a) play 5.1-channel sound from an HDMI input in the main zone and (b) output downmixed 2-channel sound from that same HDMI input to its Zone B speakers. However, since Zone B is a speaker-level output only, one cannot (easily) connect an external amp to Zone B.

Let's say that I wanted the same functionality (5.1-channel in the main zone, 2-channel of the same input to Zone B) but want to distribute Zone B with an external power amp to more pairs of stereo speakers around the house. Am I correct in my understanding that the RX-V775's "Party Mode" cannot do this, because if I select Party Mode with a multichannel input, the main zone will be set to stereo only?

And if it indeed cannot do this, are there any receivers that would allow this? I've looked at the manuals for higher-end Denons and Pioneers--they all seem to operate in this way.

Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Yamaha RX-V 75 Series owners thread