or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 - Page 9

post #241 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

MPH - building a PC is like putting a puzzle together. You get all your pieces and just place them in their location. I was clueless on my first one but it went by much easier than I thought. The worst part for me was getting my cables not looking messy. Everything snaps into place where they need to go.

Yeah, it's really not that difficult nowadays. Pretty much everything goes into the only place it will fit. I'd say go with your own build, if you're comfortable with setting a day or so aside, and you're willing to take your time learning about a few things. If you're got money to burn and don't want to deal with any of that, ain't nothing wrong with prebuilt though.
post #242 of 1755
Another plus to building is you can buy everything slowly over the next few months. You can catch sales and deals over the next few months which could end up saving you more money. Cmon MPH you can do it. If you can TV missile an attack chopper and get a Multi-Kill out of it then I believe you can build your own PC.
post #243 of 1755
BF4 looks amazing. This is will be one of the first titles I buy this fall for the XB1. If I get good enough, I may see if I can join the group on here.
post #244 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

BF4 looks amazing. This is will be one of the first titles I buy this fall for the XB1. If I get good enough, I may see if I can join the group on here.

Get good enough? That makes me chuckle. About the the only skill requirement any of us have is that the people we play with use a mic, communicate, and not be a douche. I've pruned my FL from a few annoying randoms but for the most part its jump on, join in, and squad up. Coolest part of BF is that everyone contributes. Revives, health, & ammo for starters. Decoys, repairs, bullet sponges, it all helps. Were not too good at being elitist aholez. redface.gif
post #245 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Get good enough? That makes me chuckle. About the the only skill requirement any of us have is that the people we play with use a mic, communicate, and not be a douche. I've pruned my FL from a few annoying randoms but for the most part its jump on, join in, and squad up. Coolest part of BF is that everyone contributes. Revives, health, & ammo for starters. Decoys, repairs, bullet sponges, it all helps. Were not too good at being elitist aholez. redface.gif
I JUST KILL AND KILL AND KILL SCREW U
post #246 of 1755
Lol, it is kind of sad to see the group break up though as the new platforms splinter everyone out. I never really played much with you guys, because the console ports of BF3 didn't really do it for me....but you guys obviously kept it going for a really long time. This is like watching a brutal divorce go down. tongue.gif
post #247 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Get good enough? That makes me chuckle. About the the only skill requirement any of us have is that the people we play with use a mic, communicate, and not be a douche. I've pruned my FL from a few annoying randoms but for the most part its jump on, join in, and squad up. Coolest part of BF is that everyone contributes. Revives, health, & ammo for starters. Decoys, repairs, bullet sponges, it all helps. Were not too good at being elitist aholez. redface.gif
Sweet. I was thinking about picking BF3 up this weekend, especially if the premium upgrade is still free on XBL. If I do, I will post over on that forum so I can try to get in with you guys. I meet all the requirements listed above smile.gif
post #248 of 1755
lol yeah I'm waiting for the summer sale. Gonna be good times. More games for my backlog.

Regarding gaming laptop - I've never heard of anyone building them from the ground up.
post #249 of 1755
mph, another thing you may want to consider is that if you build one, you will need to set aside another $100+ for an OS. I know it sounds like I work for Lenovo, but I've seen some very nice i5 and i7 units for < $400 there. Those CPUs would be overkill, imo. Their refurbs have been reported to be perfect other then maybe some small scratch on the casing, and you'll get a complete unit with OS. After that, it's just a matter of installing a new power supply and video card for gaming. Those two things take about 5 minutes to install and require you to deals with 5-6 screws. It's really easy, actually. I got a 650W Corsair PS for $30. A good video card like an HD7950 shouldn't run you more than $200, tops. (You could spend $1200 if you really feel the need, but it's not necessary.) You don't need a gigantic SSD, so adding one of those shouldn't cost much either. Given your desire to do some editing, you may want to make sure you get USB 3.0. That's about all I can think of right now. It sounds like you've got lots of available help here, so use it! smile.gif
post #250 of 1755
Well obviously where this group will go will def be a factor in my decision on where to get BF4 but might just be on Xbox 360 since I have a backlog of games anyway that I never got to and can't play on XB1 so I will prob wait until 2014 to go with PS4 or XB1 after the dust settles.

Hopefully Microsoft realizes they f'ed up and they should be able to go back to the 360 style DRM (eg disc OR online DRM, not online only!).
post #251 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Get good enough? That makes me chuckle. About the the only skill requirement any of us have is that the people we play with use a mic, communicate, and not be a douche. I've pruned my FL from a few annoying randoms but for the most part its jump on, join in, and squad up. Coolest part of BF is that everyone contributes. Revives, health, & ammo for starters. Decoys, repairs, bullet sponges, it all helps. Were not too good at being elitist aholez. redface.gif

Define douche?


Is it taking advantage of the secret level 100 cheating?

And not letting other level 100's know about it?

Flying or driving your vehicle and then bailing to suicide your teammate?

Then Teambagging you?


Just curious thats all.
post #252 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Get good enough? That makes me chuckle. About the the only skill requirement any of us have is that the people we play with use a mic, communicate, and not be a douche. I've pruned my FL from a few annoying randoms but for the most part its jump on, join in, and squad up. Coolest part of BF is that everyone contributes. Revives, health, & ammo for starters. Decoys, repairs, bullet sponges, it all helps. Were not too good at being elitist aholez. redface.gif

Define douche?


Is it taking advantage of the secret level 100 cheating?

And not letting other level 100's know about it?

Flying or driving your vehicle and then bailing to suicide your teammate?

Then Teambagging you?


Just curious thats all.

That all sounds like good fun with friends! Some smurf doing it to me = a douche biggrin.gif
post #253 of 1755
post #254 of 1755
Thanks guys for the advice.

I don't want to clog this thread up, so I created a thread for myself over in 'general gaming help' section (wasn't sure where the best place to put it).

Here is the link to that thread...http://www.avsforum.com/t/1477308/help-mphfrom77-get-a-pc-for-multiple-uses

(I'll be away from the internet for a few hours though.)
post #255 of 1755
Well, apparently me posting anything other than how I have rainbow-colored sparklies shooting out by bunghole about how overjoyed I am about the new Xbox One (can't call it anything else, or someone might cry) has offended someone; so much so that they felt the need to report me to a moderator to get me slapped with an infraction in that I "posted merely to incite" when I asked what I thought were legitimate questions in regard to the GPU and RAM. Gee golly willikers, I feel that I must now apologize for such heinous behavior. Let it be known that in response to said offense, I have now preordered 3 of MS' new consoles as a penance for my crimes. I will most certainly spread the same DUF (Draconian Unwarranted Fanboism) that others are so eager to infect everyone else with as well in hopes that repeating the same falsehoods will somehow spin golden truth from fabrication and deflection.

Long live the Xbox One, for no other (including itself) shall ever be compared without penalty of death! :woot:
post #256 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Well, apparently me posting anything other than how I have rainbow-colored sparklies shooting out by bunghole about how overjoyed I am about the new Xbox One (can't call it anything else, or someone might cry) has offended someone; so much so that they felt the need to report me to a moderator to get me slapped with an infraction in that I "posted merely to incite" when I asked what I thought were legitimate questions in regard to the GPU and RAM. Gee golly willikers, I feel that I must now apologize for such heinous behavior. Let it be known that in response to said offense, I have now preordered 3 of MS' new consoles as a penance for my crimes. I will most certainly spread the same DUF (Draconian Unwarranted Fanboism) that others are so eager to infect everyone else with as well in hopes that repeating the same falsehoods will somehow spin golden truth from fabrication and deflection.

Long live the Xbox One, for no other (including itself) shall ever be compared without penalty of death! :woot:

BF4 isn't even out...how are you getting badmins and hatemail?
post #257 of 1755
post #258 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Well, apparently me posting anything other than how I have rainbow-colored sparklies shooting out by bunghole about how overjoyed I am about the new Xbox One (can't call it anything else, or someone might cry) has offended someone; so much so that they felt the need to report me to a moderator to get me slapped with an infraction in that I "posted merely to incite" when I asked what I thought were legitimate questions in regard to the GPU and RAM. Gee golly willikers, I feel that I must now apologize for such heinous behavior. Let it be known that in response to said offense, I have now preordered 3 of MS' new consoles as a penance for my crimes. I will most certainly spread the same DUF (Draconian Unwarranted Fanboism) that others are so eager to infect everyone else with as well in hopes that repeating the same falsehoods will somehow spin golden truth from fabrication and deflection.

Long live the Xbox One, for no other (including itself) shall ever be compared without penalty of death! :woot:


Yes my crying worked, I didnt like your Timmy reference. My name is Timmy and you hurt my feelings.
post #259 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Well, apparently me posting anything other than how I have rainbow-colored sparklies shooting out by bunghole about how overjoyed I am about the new Xbox One (can't call it anything else, or someone might cry) has offended someone; so much so that they felt the need to report me to a moderator to get me slapped with an infraction in that I "posted merely to incite" when I asked what I thought were legitimate questions in regard to the GPU and RAM. Gee golly willikers, I feel that I must now apologize for such heinous behavior. Let it be known that in response to said offense, I have now preordered 3 of MS' new consoles as a penance for my crimes. I will most certainly spread the same DUF (Draconian Unwarranted Fanboism) that others are so eager to infect everyone else with as well in hopes that repeating the same falsehoods will somehow spin golden truth from fabrication and deflection.

Long live the Xbox One, for no other (including itself) shall ever be compared without penalty of death! :woot:

Don't give it a second thought. There's some real morons in that thread that think the entire world revolves around their feelings...
post #260 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Yes my crying worked, I didnt like your Timmy reference. My name is Timmy and you hurt my feelings.


For those that haven't followed, Timmy is the AVS poster child for the Xbone in the other thread.



post #261 of 1755
Hmm just read on IGN that BF4 will have 32 players on current gen consoles. So why not do that already for 3?
post #262 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Hmm just read on IGN that BF4 will have 32 players on current gen consoles. So why not do that already for 3?

Isn't that what it is now?
post #263 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Hmm just read on IGN that BF4 will have 32 players on current gen consoles. So why not do that already for 3?

Isn't that what it is now?

Only 24 now.
post #264 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Only 24 now.

Hmm...I guess they were able to optimize it further since then. Its probably due to RAM limitations, I doubt they'd re-engineer BF3 at this point.
post #265 of 1755
I still think they could of done it with BF3 all along. They chose not to just so they can add something new with BF4.
post #266 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Only 24 now.

Hmm...I guess they were able to optimize it further since then. Its probably due to RAM limitations, I doubt they'd re-engineer BF3 at this point.

Just wish they could have done 32 from the start...
post #267 of 1755
That's good news for me. I think I'm going to just stick with the 360 version and wait for the new consoles. Here's why:

1. I don't really have a preferred console. Specs/used games in favor of PS4, online experience in favor of X-Bone (so far)

2. I have a huge backlog of older 360 games that I just don't play because I have too many friends who play BF3 wink.gif

3. There are still good games coming out this gen that I may want to snag.

4. I still have DLC to play for ME3 and other games.

5. There's no guarantee that the new consoles won't have issues like RROD/YLOD.

6. I have a decent gaming pc so depending on your experiences on PC, I may go that route. Probably not though smile.gif
post #268 of 1755
Yeah and close quarters map pack for bf3 was only 16 players max, which made that map pack pretty much useless.

I've heard a lot of pc players say 32 players is a sweet spot, player count wise, for bf3.

Looking at the map at the E3 reveal, it seems to me it would need a lot of players, maybe more than 32 total.
post #269 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

That's good news for me. I think I'm going to just stick with the 360 version and wait for the new consoles. Here's why:

1. I don't really have a preferred console. Specs/used games in favor of PS4, online experience in favor of X-Bone (so far)

2. I have a huge backlog of older 360 games that I just don't play because I have too many friends who play BF3 wink.gif

3. There are still good games coming out this gen that I may want to snag.

4. I still have DLC to play for ME3 and other games.

5. There's no guarantee that the new consoles won't have issues like RROD/YLOD.

6. I have a decent gaming pc so depending on your experiences on PC, I may go that route. Probably not though smile.gif

This is kind of my thinking too. For a while I was all new console hellz yea, but I'm not enthused by either one really. E3 was kind of a turn off. It started me thinking though. I have a backlog and my slim PS3 and 360 are only a year or two old so I'm not excited to spend more dough on new consoles. I also scored a free Kinect from my credit card points.

I'm thinking ill pick up B4 for 360 and see what happens next gen. I looked into a video card update for my PC but it runs too old of a PCI express to get anything good so that means a new build. So any direction I go is going to cost more than I care to pay at this point in time. I'm also on a wait and see for RROD/YLOD issues since I've been stung by both. What will probably happen is ill wait till one of my consoles dies and decide then.
post #270 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

This is kind of my thinking too. For a while I was all new console hellz yea, but I'm not enthused by either one really. E3 was kind of a turn off. It started me thinking though. I have a backlog and my slim PS3 and 360 are only a year or two old so I'm not excited to spend more dough on new consoles. I also scored a free Kinect from my credit card points.

I'm thinking ill pick up B4 for 360 and see what happens next gen. I looked into a video card update for my PC but it runs too old of a PCI express to get anything good so that means a new build. So any direction I go is going to cost more than I care to pay at this point in time. I'm also on a wait and see for RROD/YLOD issues since I've been stung by both. What will probably happen is ill wait till one of my consoles dies and decide then.

What, you're not going to spend $300 on the "all new, re-re-re-re-re-re-redesigned, better than ever" Xbox 360? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif



http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-new-xbox-360-model-revealed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 4