or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 - Page 3

post #61 of 1755
That's too bad. I have mental images of Nexus running in place and then performing his own knife animation in his family room. Also running up to his coffee table, throwing down C4, and blowing himself (and the coffee table) up. Ha!
post #62 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

That's too bad. I have mental images of Nexus running in place and then performing his own knife animation in his family room. Also running up to his coffee table, throwing down C4, and blowing himself (and the coffee table) up. Ha!

Would only C4 myself if the dog surprised me though! Hmmm could you imagine the Youtube vids of teabagging that would occur if this did have motion controls?
post #63 of 1755
Yeah. And how about flying?! Could be interesting...
post #64 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Yeah. And how about flying?! Could be interesting...

Mental image of Zath with arms extended, ass shaking to deploy flares!
post #65 of 1755
One of my employees brother is moving down south and is trying to sell off some stuff for some extra cash. I found out he has a PC that he built last summer he is willing to part with. Sounds like a sweet deal but wanted a little extra input from more knowledgable folks. This is what he text me with, I plan on calling him later when he gets out of work for a few more questions, but for now this is all I know what the computer has


I5 75 -cpu
Sapphire 7970 OC 1335 mhz
8gb Ram
700 watt supply


He couldnt remember the exact size of HD but he believes its a 1TB. I checked the Video card and its listed at about $400 and hes asking $600 for the system. Sounds like a decent deal and his brother has worked for me for awhile and is a good kid. I dont think he is trying any "its to good to be true" kind of deals.

Thanks
post #66 of 1755
Id take that deal. My only misgiving is that an i5-750 is from 2009. It's not a slow chip, but if he built it last year, he prob built it with used parts.
post #67 of 1755
Get the info on the MOBO and the power supply (this'll probably be the first to fail). Ram, meh 8g of ddr3 is cheap and reliable so no worries there. See if its aftermarket cpu cooling or stock.
Between the card and the CPU you are hovering around $400 ($300 & 50-100 for the CPU).
I'd check the case to see how clean it is. Benchmark it and keep temp stats up for the cpu and vid card. Prime95 the cpu. Even for a few minutes and you can find out if it has a bad core. For the vid card download the free 3dmark trial, make sure nothing crashes, and watch the temp.
I'd also probably take the deal.
post #68 of 1755
Thanks for the info. I'm actually going to his house tomorrow to see it. I'll ask him then.
post #69 of 1755
you might as well throw up some pics if that's the case smile.gif
post #70 of 1755


Not the best wiring job. I did see it run and bf3 did look great. Ill sleep on it.
I've added up the cost already for what I was going to build and it's about $300 more and everything is brand new. This just saves me the trouble of plugging all the wires.
post #71 of 1755
Thread Starter 
new details

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/25/battlefield-4-details-possibly-revealed-by-retail-poster?abthid=51790a30b2e8faa720000006

An Australian retail poster for Battlefield 4 has appeared on BF4Central. If authentic, it reveals some interesting details about the next instalment in EA's shooter franchise.

It teases the return on Commander Mode, which allows one player to take view of the whole battlefield. The commander can communicate to individual squad members and takes a more strategic role in the game. In Battlefield 2, the commander would receive no points for individual actions (flag captures, kills, etc.) but their score would be doubled if their team won.

Battlelog 2.0 is another touted feature, billed as "The next version of the state of the art gaming portal. Track every shot, every opponent, ever detail of your online Battlefield career."

In addition to the mention of a thrilling single-player experience, is the invitation to "Go Premium". Details are thin but you'll "Stand out on the battlefield with exclusive uniforms, weapons, and more." And there's extra, too: "Get exclusive expansions, starting with Drone Strike (TBA)."

The poster also displays a release date of October 31st, 2013. That's a Thursday (the day games are usually released in Oz). Does this mean October 29th in the US and November 1st in the UK?
post #72 of 1755
Commander was so fun in BF2. Artillery strikes ftw! Too bad they usually killed my teammates!
post #73 of 1755
The best commanders UAV'd non stop over the top squads and arty'd ahead. Game changer.
It would be interesting if they didn't let the commander hide somewhere out of bounds for the other team or if he had to be within range of a captured point etc..
post #74 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

The best commanders UAV'd non stop over the top squads and arty'd ahead. Game changer.
It would be interesting if they didn't let the commander hide somewhere out of bounds for the other team or if he had to be within range of a captured point etc..

I'm envisioning a commander "Base" right outside of the protected spawn. Imagine needed to take out a squad protecting him inside, and then break the inner compound (doors) to get to him. Little game within a game for commander modes.
post #75 of 1755
I always loved the idea of commander....but it seemed like literally 99 out of 100 times in pub matches, everyone would race for it at the start of the match, and then never even understand what to do with it.

I always thought that what they really needed to do was force the commander off the battlefield, into a purely strategic role. There was this one server I played on where you got kicked if you did anything but command....I tell you, this one game, I was the commander of the century, scanning everything - squads just didnt follow orders at all, and since we were losing despite everything I was doing, I still got voted down towards the end, and some noob took over and made it worse. I'm still bitter about that one match. tongue.gif

It's such a cool idea, I really hope they can make it work this time.
post #76 of 1755
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I always loved the idea of commander....but it seemed like literally 99 out of 100 times in pub matches, everyone would race for it at the start of the match, and then never even understand what to do with it.

I always thought that what they really needed to do was force the commander off the battlefield, into a purely strategic role. There was this one server I played on where you got kicked if you did anything but command....I tell you, this one game, I was the commander of the century, scanning everything - squads just didnt follow orders at all, and since we were losing despite everything I was doing, I still got voted down towards the end, and some noob took over and made it worse. I'm still bitter about that one match. tongue.gif

It's such a cool idea, I really hope they can make it work this time.

that is why i only play this game with AVS guys, for reasons like that... BF is twice as fun playing with AVS vs. playing with randoms..
post #77 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

that is why i only play this game with AVS guys, for reasons like that... BF is twice as fun playing with AVS vs. playing with randoms..


You havent played with MPH or Hapi yet have you? Bunch of cheaters ruining the game and to put the cherry on top of it all, they post video footage of it all.
post #78 of 1755
Confirmed for XBOX One,

Sign up here to get a pre-notification of when you can pre-order the game. lol

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/buy/xbox-one
post #79 of 1755
Lack of backwards compatibility is killing it for me ... At least for XBLA games, WTF?

I'm more up in the air now about Xbox One/PS4 for my next system... Might end up getting BF4 for Xbox 360 at this rate.
post #80 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Lack of backwards compatibility is killing it for me ... At least for XBLA games, WTF?

I'm more up in the air now about Xbox One/PS4 for my next system... Might end up getting BF4 for Xbox 360 at this rate.

BC is a non issue for me. I have a hard enough time keeping current much less looking back. Plus I will be keeping my current consoles so its not like I can't go back. I can see XBLA games though then again its a new architecture so that may not be easily done. Emulation anyone?
post #81 of 1755
I bought a MGS4 PS3 because it was the last of the BC PS3 consoles.

The good

I'm currently re-playing some of my old PS2 games on my PS3. Seeing the games upscaled kinda sucks, but it's neat to play it on the projector.

The bad

Graphics are nowhere near as crisp as on the PS2 slim I have. Additionally, output is not in full 5.1 surround unless I connect via optical cable.

The conclusion

While BC makes it easy to play games and switch back and forth, it's just not the same as playing on the original system. For many of us A/V geeks, it's rather easy to add a new console and keep the old there.

That said, I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to dive into the new xbox for games. I'm not really seeing much that showcases games as the focus. I have a bad feeling that BF4 for the xb1 will just be a dressed up port from the 360 version. We'll just have to wait and see, but for now I'm keeping my preorder for the 360 version. One thing I'm curious about is how Live will be handled - can I log into XBL for both consoles? If so, does that mean I can play BF4 on the 360, get a xb1, and pick up where I left off in BF4? Hmm...
post #82 of 1755
Tons of rumors that MS still won't/can't answer. Will MS points transfer or not? Lots of chatter that they're going to a cash system, so my 20K points may just vanish. Also heard that you can only play 360 games by having your 360 turned on and "passthrough" your Xbox One. WTF? Two consoles on to play one game? Sad news about used games as well, but nothing concrete to date. As expected, the opening launch game lineup is pathetic. Pretty much the only thing they're pimping the **** out of is junk like MyTwitFacePage and even junkier apps that they can make a fortune on. Weak sauce so far.

I don't see my 360 going anywhere soon. Probably going to do BF4 on that...particularly now that I know how to cheat against Blica. tongue.gif
post #83 of 1755
I'm stoked! XB1 has all the specs you could want, though the HD seems a tad small by todays standards. That may be tempered nicely with the cloud though. I think Microsoft is doing things right & I may actually care about Kinect this time around. I'm hopeful Smartglass becomes something integrated into games so I can use my phone or tablet to add some depth like inventory control on Elder Scrolls or something.

What cracked me up was the next COD features a dog. Really? This sounds just like the Fable ads, we have a dog! That is the most retarded selling point for a shooter. I'm guessing said dog won't matter to online play. Which brings me to BF4 and I think that is going to be amazing on XB1. The system specs are there and the game is there. BF3 on PC looks awesome and whatever minor tweaks they did to FB3 should be even better on the next gen consoles. Going to definitely preorder for XB1. Rumors are pointing to a Novemberish release for BF4 and XB1 so should be a good time at the end of the year.
post #84 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I'm stoked! XB1 has all the specs you could want, though the HD seems a tad small by todays standards. That may be tempered nicely with the cloud though. I think Microsoft is doing things right & I may actually care about Kinect this time around. I'm hopeful Smartglass becomes something integrated into games so I can use my phone or tablet to add some depth like inventory control on Elder Scrolls or something.

What cracked me up was the next COD features a dog. Really? This sounds just like the Fable ads, we have a dog! That is the most retarded selling point for a shooter. I'm guessing said dog won't matter to online play. Which brings me to BF4 and I think that is going to be amazing on XB1. The system specs are there and the game is there. BF3 on PC looks awesome and whatever minor tweaks they did to FB3 should be even better on the next gen consoles. Going to definitely preorder for XB1. Rumors are pointing to a Novemberish release for BF4 and XB1 so should be a good time at the end of the year.

I only care about the dog if I can control it like I did the EOD bot last night.
post #85 of 1755
Zath, xbox one doesn't play games. It's a middle man between all your A/V devices.
post #86 of 1755
Exactly HK.. I'm pretty sure X Bone can only be played by your dog if he uses your phone, provided he is a paid user and Kinect allows this to happen. You of course must be watching a movie and browsing your fantasy stats while looking up movie times for him to even be allowed to play.

I'm pretty sure you just say "X Bone...do everything" to start this whole process.

I mean I watched the reveal, I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but that is what I took out of it. It's just the way of the future man, and we have arrived.
post #87 of 1755
Seems like it'd be a great pr0nbox
post #88 of 1755
Thread Starter 
well i am not going to buy this for last gen. hope the next gen release close to BF4 release date, because it would suck to wait a month or two waiting for the new console to drop while the game is out...
post #89 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Zath, xbox one doesn't play games. It's a middle man between all your A/V devices.

Hooking up everything to my Xbox (g)One is exciting! I'm really looking forward to downloading apps that can allow me to; run my HD DVR, play games that I already own my Xbox 360, browse the internet with my own computer, sit on my own chair, take a shower, and breathe air in and out of my lungs...all for a hefty free paid directly to M$, of course! Those poor folks are barely getting by right now. It might be time for them to build a "facility" on the moon right next to Apple's tax-free "headquarters!" rolleyes.gif
Edited by spyder696969 - 5/22/13 at 8:52am
post #90 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Exactly HK.. I'm pretty sure X Bone can only be played by your dog if he uses your phone, provided he is a paid user and Kinect allows this to happen. You of course must be watching a movie and browsing your fantasy stats while looking up movie times for him to even be allowed to play.

I'm pretty sure you just say "X Bone...do everything" to start this whole process.

I mean I watched the reveal, I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but that is what I took out of it. It's just the way of the future man, and we have arrived.

LOL, thanks for he morning chuckles, I totally agree.

The more I think about it the more I realize I don't give two flying ****s if I can skype and watch a movie at the same time while my fantasy stats pop up, thats what smartphones and tablets are for.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 4