or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 - Page 23

post #661 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Or zap them into another map/era - Back to the Dinosaur Era.

Since some people really want dinosaurs in battlefield.

I'm pro dinosaur. smile.gif
post #662 of 1751
Reminds me of one of the Ghost Recon games that you were able to ride a velociraptor. I think it was a change of camo. I remember putting the other team in a neon pink bunny suit on a snow map. Good times.
post #663 of 1751
I'm good with zombie dinosaurs. At this point I feel dice should at least give us an option to have a regular character model but with a raptor head. I'm picturing something like NBA JAM big head mode but with velociraptor head.
post #664 of 1751
Can we then add some Double Dribble push mode where we can push the enemy down and Tbag him to death. Or better yet push our teammates out of the way from stealing kills.
post #665 of 1751
Do you mean Arch Rivals?
In my poor attempt to keep this on topic, I vaguely remember seeing a vid or an article where there was discussion of being rezzed with half health unless you have a perk equipped or am I mixing that with a perk that just decreases time to rez people?
post #666 of 1751


Let's make it happen.
post #667 of 1751
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

The other day someone asked if I had health packs. I said I had a 320 and if he wanted to get back to full health quick, die and I'll revive them.

It's complete garbage that someone can be revived and end up at full health, just standing up and blowing me away.

I agree with you, Spyder. Here's how a revive should go in my book:

1. Revived players have 100% suppression on them, which bleeds away at normal pace. A revived person is NOT going to know their surroundings and should NOT be able to just pull up a gun and shoot.
2. Revived players are revived at 1% health, which restores at normal pace after the normal "wait" period. A revived person doesn't miraculously get back to full strength in seconds.
3. Revived players who get killed before they have a chance to NOT accept revival have a normal respawn time. Why should I have to pay a 5-10 second penalty for being rambo-revived and insta-killed?!

i see your point, but then no one would revive ever and then it should just be taken out of the game. The thing i do like about revives is it encourages and rewards teamwork. I good team that revives will always beat a bunch of lone wolves. I am all about things that encourage teamwork..
post #668 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

i see your point, but then no one would revive ever and then it should just be taken out of the game. The thing i do like about revives is it encourages and rewards teamwork. I good team that revives will always beat a bunch of lone wolves. I am all about things that encourage teamwork..

I actually think my suggestions encourage teamwork far more. If you revive someone, you need to cover them and protect them. Now, you can hop in, revive, and hop out again.
post #669 of 1751
How does it encourage that any more than the current system? I mean, its penalizing the player who got revived, but maybe I'm missing how that changes the medic's behavior.

On Sunday I was playing in a 64-man conquest match as a medic on Metro, iirc. The defenders were holding two sets of escalators as choke-points and my team was having hard-time pushing past. People were charging into the meat-grinder of grenades, rockets and the kiillzones that were the escalators. People either died rapidly in the fray, camped and shot people charging into the fray (and in turn might get killed while camping) or were medics running back and forth, reviving the first two. The xp benefits of being a medic in that situation were significant; I think I earned a ton of ribbons for it. The changes you mention sound like they wouldn't change the medic's actions, just how often they'd be effective over the course of the match.

Honestly, given how unrealistic other aspects of the game are to make it enjoyable (the very act of respawning at all, fr'ex, or jumping from tank to jet fighter, etc), I'm not sure I find a realism argument concerning revives to be that convincing, personally. Yeah, BF is a much more realistic take on the shooter, but within reason.
post #670 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post



Let's make it happen.

NOW!!
post #671 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizarDru View Post

How does it encourage that any more than the current system? I mean, its penalizing the player who got revived, but maybe I'm missing how that changes the medic's behavior.

On Sunday I was playing in a 64-man conquest match as a medic on Metro, iirc. The defenders were holding two sets of escalators as choke-points and my team was having hard-time pushing past. People were charging into the meat-grinder of grenades, rockets and the kiillzones that were the escalators. People either died rapidly in the fray, camped and shot people charging into the fray (and in turn might get killed while camping) or were medics running back and forth, reviving the first two. The xp benefits of being a medic in that situation were significant; I think I earned a ton of ribbons for it. The changes you mention sound like they wouldn't change the medic's actions, just how often they'd be effective over the course of the match.

Honestly, given how unrealistic other aspects of the game are to make it enjoyable (the very act of respawning at all, fr'ex, or jumping from tank to jet fighter, etc), I'm not sure I find a realism argument concerning revives to be that convincing, personally. Yeah, BF is a much more realistic take on the shooter, but within reason.

For someone to survive you actually have to cover them.
People who get revived aren't one-man armies who can immediately kill others (though suppression doesn't kill all accuracy so it IS possible)
People wouldn't charge head-long into those meat-grinders you mention since if they get revived they will actually have to WAIT before attacking again.

Agreed on the realism aspect. I wasn't trying to argue anything about realism.

Not all of my points above were to penalize the person who got revived. To me, that extra 10-15 seconds of sitting at the spawn screen because someone decided to revive me while someone was still staring straight at my head is a penalty.
post #672 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizarDru View Post

Honestly, given how unrealistic other aspects of the game are to make it enjoyable (the very act of respawning at all, fr'ex, or jumping from tank to jet fighter, etc), I'm not sure I find a realism argument concerning revives to be that convincing, personally. Yeah, BF is a much more realistic take on the shooter, but within reason.
Exactly. If folks really want a more realistic shooter, try ArmA. BF is the perfect blend of CoD and ArmA. It's realistic enough, but also arcade-y enough to be fun.

Without revives, you'd have even more campers than you have now on some maps, with even less people playing the objective. It'd be a much slower-paced game. I'm not against realism (I spent many an hour playing games like SWAT 4 for example), but keep it away from my BF.
post #673 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Do you mean Arch Rivals?
In my poor attempt to keep this on topic, I vaguely remember seeing a vid or an article where there was discussion of being rezzed with half health unless you have a perk equipped or am I mixing that with a perk that just decreases time to rez people?

Yes thats the game. I got my classic basketball games mixed up.
post #674 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

I like revives...

Yours didn't work. Mine does.

My wife approves of reviving as well after seeing that video.
post #675 of 1751
Only thing about revives that needs changed is dying twice because some ahole Rambo reviver gets me killed twice and doubles my respawn time for nothing. That should go back like it was. If you get killed, revived, and killed immediately, that should only count as one kill and give you a standard respawn. Otherwise, I don't have any issues with the system.
post #676 of 1751
LOLoad...thanks Zath. I dont know why my embedding doesnt work. Do you just have to paste the youtube link in between the video text blocks from the video icon?
post #677 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

LOLoad...thanks Zath. I dont know why my embedding doesnt work. Do you just have to paste the youtube link in between the video text blocks from the video icon?

You want the http://www.youtube.com/v= part of the URL between the video tags.

Like when I fixed your video embedding, this was between the video tags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhY8iuENv4

Basically get rid of the &feature=related part etc etc etc
post #678 of 1751
I use the share link for the video. It doesn't have all that other garbage part like zath mentioned.
post #679 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post


Holy Hell. I laughed my ass off! biggrin.gif

As for rezzing, I like the way Borderlands and Left 4 Dead do it. It takes about 5 full seconds to do, so there's a calculated risk, wherein the reviving party is exposed to getting killed themselves. BF should move to that, at the least. I still think that the person getting revived should have some sort of major penalty. Regardless, the entire point is that explosives should be perma-death. Paper cuts shouldn't! mad.gif
post #680 of 1751
Yeah, that is still one of my favorite BF3 videos to date.
post #681 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhY8iuENv4

Yours didn't work. Mine does.

My wife approves of reviving as well after seeing that video.

Bahahahaha!
post #682 of 1751
BF4 beta October 1 according to Shacknews!!
post #683 of 1751
post #684 of 1751
post #685 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I'm pro dinosaur. smile.gif

Not going to lie, that would be pretty epic on the frostbite engine.

But I want to ride a teradctyl.
post #686 of 1751
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

A whole dish of all the info is right there. Answers all the answers to the conjectures I heard

Most important:


PlayStation Offers

All Retailers (EU, US)

Inside marked copies of Battlefield 4 for PlayStation®3 there will be a voucher with a unique code printed on it. This code will allow you the one-time opportunity until March 28, 2014 to purchase a digital version of Battlefield 4 via the PlayStation®Store for only $9.99/£9.99/9.99€. Check back here soon for more details.

AND

If I upgrade to PlayStation 4, what happens with my physical PlayStation 3 disk?
You must have the PlayStation 3 Battlefield 4 disk in your PlayStation 4 in order to play BF4 on PS4.

"And there you have it."
"a letter opener"
post #687 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

A whole dish of all the info is right there. Answers all the answers to the conjectures I heard

Most important:


PlayStation Offers

All Retailers (EU, US)

Inside marked copies of Battlefield 4 for PlayStation®3 there will be a voucher with a unique code printed on it. This code will allow you the one-time opportunity until March 28, 2014 to purchase a digital version of Battlefield 4 via the PlayStation®Store for only $9.99/£9.99/9.99€. Check back here soon for more details.

AND

If I upgrade to PlayStation 4, what happens with my physical PlayStation 3 disk?
You must have the PlayStation 3 Battlefield 4 disk in your PlayStation 4 in order to play BF4 on PS4.

"And there you have it."
"a letter opener"



Its not important on the 360 forum. smile.gif
post #688 of 1751
I hope Dice is doing what activision is with COD Ghosts. Let me do all this on the digital end as thats what I plan on going with anyway.
post #689 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I hope Dice is doing what activision is with COD Ghosts. Let me do all this on the digital end as thats what I plan on going with anyway.

Cod isn't important on a Battlefield thread. smile.gif

...Or anywhere else, for that matter. tongue.gif
post #690 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Its not important on the 360 forum. smile.gif

Gah dangit AVS, I posted in the wrong thread again! Sorry guys :-/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 4