or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 - Page 27

post #781 of 1755
I'm sticking it out just to get used to the new controls. Gadsdam tanks are a pain in the stink eye to drive but I'm getting more in tune. Doubt I will toss BF3 back in before 4 releases just so I dont revert back.

Found out if you drive a tank at B after the skyscraper falls, it gets mired in sand and stuck. Choppers are a dream to fly though. The more I'm in one the more I love it. The maneuverability and speed is really what I thought was lacking in BF3.

Finally checked out the server browser in depth and set my preferences to US. What a difference that is not hearing Spanish and being a lot less laggy.
post #782 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

I scored a multi-kill the first day which seemed like a big deal, until I realized that it counts for nothing. frown.gif


I had a few the first night and I was wondering if they lowered the count to 3 or maybe extended the timer on how long you have to kill 4 people. But then again it also could of been the fact that I kept taking down the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I'm sticking it out just to get used to the new controls. Gadsdam tanks are a pain in the stink eye to drive but I'm getting more in tune. Doubt I will toss BF3 back in before 4 releases just so I dont revert back.

Found out if you drive a tank at B after the skyscraper falls, it gets mired in sand and stuck. Choppers are a dream to fly though. The more I'm in one the more I love it. The maneuverability and speed is really what I thought was lacking in BF3.

Finally checked out the server browser in depth and set my preferences to US. What a difference that is not hearing Spanish and being a lot less laggy.


We found that out also but only on the right side (when facing the water). You can get out of it, keep firing and wiggle it out (Yes I know thats what she said) but you have to go out towards the B flag and then work your way around to the other side. I also loved flying the chopper, it felt so responsive. Like I could finally easily dodge an RPG.
post #783 of 1755
Ooh I scored a cool multi earlier. Couldn't sleep so I got up for a bit and played. Got in a side seat of the chopper to repair at the start of the match. We flew up to B where their chopper was hovering. Couple pot shots of the RPG and Ive got a multi!
post #784 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Ooh I scored a cool multi earlier. Couldn't sleep so I got up for a bit and played. Got in a side seat of the chopper to repair at the start of the match. We flew up to B where their chopper was hovering. Couple pot shots of the RPG and Ive got a multi!

Yeah but thats on the PS3 so it doesnt count cool.gif



On another note maybe we could merge the battlefield 4 topics into one topic. Maybe a mod could do it for us. Seems like we are mostly adults who can handle talking to other system players.
post #785 of 1755
So was that guy using three plasmas to make one large display?
post #786 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Yeah but thats on the PS3 so it doesnt count cool.gif



On another note maybe we could merge the battlefield 4 topics into one topic. Maybe a mod could do it for us. Seems like we are mostly adults who can handle talking to other system players.

Where to put it though?
post #787 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

And switching the buttons to enter/exit vehicles is as annoying as switching the paddles etc on the dpad for no good reason. Someone should lose their gawd damned job over that one! wink.gif

I don't mind them changing the button used to enter/exit vehicles but what I do hate is that you have to hold the damn button down to perform the task. I guess I can understand it while entering because it makes it harder for someone to just jump in when being shot at, but when I am in the vehicle I shouldn't have to hold the button to exit the vehicle.
post #788 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I'm sticking it out just to get used to the new controls. Gadsdam tanks are a pain in the stink eye to drive but I'm getting more in tune. Doubt I will toss BF3 back in before 4 releases just so I dont revert back.

This is my plan also...I would hate to get used to the new controls and then play BF3 and mess it all up again. lol
post #789 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

So was that guy using three plasmas to make one large display?


No, his scenario is for football mostly but comes in handy for when he plays video games at night and wants to watch some sports on the side. He has it setup so he watches the Patriots game on the middle screen and the other 2 will play redzone and whatever is on Fox. If the Pats are not playing then the Redzone goes up in the middle. He had this same setup before but with a 60' Pioneer in the middle and 2 smaller LCD on the side. I think they were 32 or something like that. He decided to redo his whole basement and change the layout so he said why not buy new TV's while he was at it.
post #790 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Where to put it though?

maybe under the home theater gaming? I know less people go there though.
post #791 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

I don't mind them changing the button used to enter/exit vehicles but what I do hate is that you have to hold the damn button down to perform the task. I guess I can understand it while entering because it makes it harder for someone to just jump in when being shot at, but when I am in the vehicle I shouldn't have to hold the button to exit the vehicle.

I actually like having to hold to exit, prevents an accidental bail. I have done this a few times in the attack chopper. I'll fire my TV missile and after I miss I press the exit button to get out of the screen but sometimes my timing is perfect to when the missile goes out of range so I when I hit the button I am actually exiting the vehicle.
post #792 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

maybe under the home theater gaming? I know less people go there though.

Less is an understatement. tongue.gif

Make a post in the forum operations subforum. I've been nagging them to make a better "general gaming" forum, maybe if it's more than just me it'll actually happen.
post #793 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I actually like having to hold to exit, prevents an accidental bail. I have done this a few times in the attack chopper. I'll fire my TV missile and after I miss I press the exit button to get out of the screen but sometimes my timing is perfect to when the missile goes out of range so I when I hit the button I am actually exiting the vehicle.

Never thought of it like that...can't tell you how many times I accidentally bailed from choppers. Guess I will just have to get used to it.
post #794 of 1755
I need a little advice, going to sell or trade in the 360 and hard drive. Anything special I need to do to it before letting it go?
post #795 of 1755
I second this question. Also going to sell my box soon. cool.gif

Anyone playing the beta later?
post #796 of 1755
I just sold a few of mine and all I did was format the drive and everything was erased. Once I finish the story for gta v the last one is going. I'll keep the ps3 for bf4 before moving on to ps4.
post #797 of 1755
I should be playing the beta later tonight.

Holding to bail may also help reduce jet bailers (who then proceed to die anyways)
post #798 of 1755
Hands on opinion from a Neogif'er:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690197
Quote:
BF4 XBO
  • I played it on the business day of Igromir ("Game World" on English) in Moscow.
  • The resolution was definitely 720p, running mostly 60fps.
  • The game looks slightly better than Xbox 360 version of BF3 (I would say 50% better, no where near those videos of Paracel Storm gamescom build). Though textures are a lot better than on X360, some god rays, lots of foliage on the map.
  • It was a new build with Domination on Zavod 311. No vehicles. Though everything is unlocked.
  • For some strange reason player movement speed is VERY limited. It's like the sprint speed is somehow similar to the walking speed in BF3. I think it was this particular build fault. Cause on X360 the speed is ok.
  • The controller is SO ****** I couldn't even aim properly (and got 55 eagle in X360 version and 20th level in PS3 version). EDIT: added my small gamepads comparision.
  • The game ran on Xbox One debug kits. I saw one, it was black and I couldn't make any photo. There wasn't any local network mode, they used Windows server for the 26 machines.
  • The game supports kinect for voice commands, leaning with your head behind the corners and some other stuff. You can choose the language of voice commands.


On the controller:
  • The controller is very, very, very unergonomical compared to X360. It's smaller, the feeling is kind of like you are using a DualShock3.
  • The move distance of sticks is a little bit smaller, than the one in X360. I really thought about PS Vita sticks while playing.
  • Bumpers are totally connected to triggers. There isn't any piece of plastic (like in DS4) in-between trigger and bumper (clearly seen on video I edited in) so in 30-40% maybe you would miss the trigger and hit the bumper.
  • The vibration is a lot less than on X360.
  • The D-Pad is deepened into controller and it's really awkward. As in X360, DS3, DS4 it's slightly above the surface of controller. So while you try to press it on XBO gamepad moving your left thumb down from left stick you hit nothing, then you have to spend a second to find d-pad and actually press it. Really strange.


In order for you to not think that I am biased - I was the biggest basher of DS3 ever and also a huge fun of X360 gamepad frown.gif

Starting to get worried about these 3rd party launch games. I thought for once they'd finally have systems that allowed them to be ready to hit the market running. Maybe not?
post #799 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Hands on opinion from a Neogif'er:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690197
Starting to get worried about these 3rd party launch games. I thought for once they'd finally have systems that allowed them to be ready to hit the market running. Maybe not?

 

That would make logical sense right? I also have a feeling BF4 is going to be pretty raw upon release just like 3 was.  Hopefully, the Title update won't take two months either, because there are a lot of questionable weapon and class changes in regards to balance.

post #800 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Hands on opinion from a Neogif'er:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690197
Starting to get worried about these 3rd party launch games. I thought for once they'd finally have systems that allowed them to be ready to hit the market running. Maybe not?

No wonder the DICE team prefers the DS4. Honestly, after playing the beta and seeing the button layout, it's as if they designed the game for PS4 and its controller.
post #801 of 1755
I'll grab some popcorn on release day wink.gif
post #802 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Less is an understatement. tongue.gif

Make a post in the forum operations subforum. I've been nagging them to make a better "general gaming" forum, maybe if it's more than just me it'll actually happen.

I made a post about it.
post #803 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

but when I am in the vehicle I shouldn't have to hold the button to exit the vehicle.

I disagree! It is an excellent change IMO. Over the last 2 years I have accidentally jumped from piloting a chopper more than I can count.
post #804 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I disagree! It is an excellent change IMO. Over the last 2 years I have accidentally jumped from piloting a chopper more than I can count.

I play Ace Combat like mad. Do you have any idea how many times I bailed out when I first unlocked heat seekers (and later guided missile) every time I went to shoot?! Frustrating!
post #805 of 1755
btw hopping on now if anyone's up for some 4 smile.gif
post #806 of 1755
Couple of images of the Xbox One version


post #807 of 1755
Looks good...but not incredible. However, that will be just fine as long as we get 64 player maps!
post #808 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post

Looks good...but not incredible. However, that will be just fine as long as we get 64 player maps!

Doubt its the final build, seeing how we are 2 months from launch.
post #809 of 1755
Last night saw people who were rank 8 already eek.gif
post #810 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

Doubt its the final build, seeing how we are 2 months from launch.

I hope so but using the BF3 beta as a example, im thinking there might not be alot of difference.

Also, where is the reference where DICE said they prefer the DS4?
Edited by jasonstiller - 10/4/13 at 1:26pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 4