I guess i will be going for a semi-gloss black smooth look.. There is alot of black in my place, so i figure i stay that route..
1. Oil or waterbased paint and primer? Im guessing oil from what i read.. Can you recommend some decent not too expensive ones?
2. what supplies do i need exactly to use what im guessing is going to be oil based stuff.. brushes, cleaners, how much paint to do one of these boxes, how much primer for one fo these boxes, etc.. the more specific, the better.
3. any tips or tricks for sanding by hand? What all sandpapers do i need, and whats the best method? When do you know you've sanded it to the right spot.
4. Can i get a painting step by step for dummies, kind of a very simple, yet detailed runthrough of it all?
5. If i put one of these flatpacks together, is there a good chance i wont need any PL premium or anything? Should i be okay with just locktite II woodglue?
6. Do i put any kind of sealant around where i will be putting in the binding posts? Im gonna get the simple little individual ones that you just pre-drill a 1/4" hole and put in with a nut on the other side.. i think they are like $6.00
7. Do i need speaker gasket tape or anytthing like that for the setup i am building here?
8. Where the hell do you find cool sub grills for 18" speakers!? I cant seem to find any but one simple kind for the 18" speakers..
9. Please remember, Ive never done any sort of painting or finishing, so if you see some more issues, questions that you assume i will run into, please offer up any advice for me.. I need all the info i can get, so as to do a good job the first time.