or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › ZT delayed till August
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZT delayed till August

post #1 of 40
Thread Starter 
I just called Panasonic to speak about the ZT line and the lady over the phone said that they are experiencing production problems. Release around August, not May.
Can anyone confirm this further?
post #2 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post

I just called Panasonic to speak about the ZT line and the lady over the phone said that they are experiencing production problems. Release around August, not May.
Can anyone confirm this further?


Lol....she has NO clue.
post #3 of 40
I won't be surprised if that's true. I know the software is not ready yet and , being a software engineer myself, I know very well the potential delays.
post #4 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax View Post


Lol....she has NO clue.

And what source do you have or do you work for Panasonic???

post #5 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post

I just called Panasonic to speak about the ZT line and the lady over the phone said that they are experiencing production problems. Release around August, not May.
Can anyone confirm this further?

Don't believe the crap you hear from Panny phone reps - they typically have no idea what they're talking about. Your subject line makes it look like it's a done deal, but that info needs to be vetted.

So far i haven't seen any reports of a delay anywhere on the net. You might want to ask about this in the ZT60 Anticipation thread over at HDJ, or maybe in the Panasonic Insider's thread to see if there's any merit.
post #6 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Don't believe the crap you hear from Panny phone reps - they typically have no idea what they're talking about. Your subject line makes it look like it's a done deal, but that info needs to be vetted.

So far i haven't seen any reports of a delay anywhere on the net. You might want to ask about this in the ZT60 Anticipation thread over at HDJ, or maybe in the Panasonic Insider's thread to see if there's any merit.

"You might want to ask about this in the ZT60 Anticipation thread over at HDJ, or maybe in the Panasonic Insider's thread to see if there's any merit."

THIS^^^^
post #7 of 40
Any confirmation on the production numbers for the USA?
post #8 of 40
This just in.

Plasmas don't have any feature built in that limits brightness automatically.

Confirmed by Panasonic customer service. biggrin.gif
post #9 of 40
Not an exact number, but all indications per the Panasonic Insiders thread point higher than 20,000 units.
post #10 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Don't believe the crap you hear from Panny phone reps - they typically have no idea what they're talking about. Your subject line makes it look like it's a done deal, but that info needs to be vetted.

So far i haven't seen any reports of a delay anywhere on the net. You might want to ask about this in the ZT60 Anticipation thread over at HDJ, or maybe in the Panasonic Insider's thread to see if there's any merit.

Take a look over at the Panasonic Insiders thread, from the looks of it this may not be too far off. While not saying it direcctly, the TV itself may be ready, but the software\ifcc may not be for the next shootout. The only question is would Panasonic release the TV to the public "incomplete".........
post #11 of 40
They'll lose sales to the likes of the Samsung 8500 if it's significantly delayed. Of course they may not care if the limited production numbers are a reality.

In my case, I would consider it, but not if there are significant delays.
post #12 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

They'll lose sales to the likes of the Samsung 8500 if it's significantly delayed. Of course they may not care if the limited production numbers are a reality.

In my case, I would consider it, but not if there are significant delays.

Kind of where i'm at...itching for a new display, and willing to wait a bit. until August though?doubtful...
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

They'll lose sales to the likes of the Samsung 8500 if it's significantly delayed. Of course they may not care if the limited production numbers are a reality.

In my case, I would consider it, but not if there are significant delays.

I think its all a matter of software at this point....From what I read form the insider the TV may not be ready for the May shootout (software wise) but as for the hardware it is ready....It wont effect the performance of the TV as the VT50 I believe was in the same boat last year........
post #14 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

They'll lose sales to the likes of the Samsung 8500 if it's significantly delayed. Of course they may not care if the limited production numbers are a reality.

In my case, I would consider it, but not if there are significant delays.

Try ordering a 60F8500 from Amazon. It might be August by the time I get mine.mad.gif
post #15 of 40
LOL< who knows what the future brings. Might be delayed, might not be. Time will tell........
post #16 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

LOL< who knows what the future brings. Might be delayed, might not be. Time will tell........

Chris, I know this isn't the proper thread but can you get your hands on a 60F8500? If Amazon doesn't ship mine out today I'm cancelling my order.
post #17 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

LOL< who knows what the future brings. Might be delayed, might not be. Time will tell........

Agreed, they might fix the issue this week and everytihng will be on track.......Its too early to tell anything IMO and if you can wait then I would wait to see what happens.....
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Take a look over at the Panasonic Insiders thread, from the looks of it this may not be too far off. While not saying it direcctly, the TV itself may be ready, but the software\ifcc may not be for the next shootout. The only question is would Panasonic release the TV to the public "incomplete".........
The ISFccc modes have been broken at launch on Panasonic displays every single year they have had the modes available. I highly doubt that would hold it up based on the track record.
post #19 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

The ISFccc modes have been broken at launch on Panasonic displays every single year they have had the modes available. I highly doubt that would hold it up based on the track record.

Do you know if things like THX has already been implemented ? Avsjunkie said recently his sample had no THX.
post #20 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

Do you know if things like THX has already been implemented ? Avsjunkie said recently his sample had no THX.
I would prefer they left THX off the display. Panasonic can do better internally.
post #21 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

They'll lose sales to the likes of the Samsung 8500 if it's significantly delayed. Of course they may not care if the limited production numbers are a reality.

In my case, I would consider it, but not if there are significant delays.

Chad B likes the VT50 slightly better then the 8500, so most likely they wont lose much sales to Samsung with the VT60 which BestBuy already has.
Plus after reading HD Guru it looks like the VT made some improvements.

I think the only people getting the 8500 over Vts are the people that watch a lot of tv during the day in a bright room.
post #22 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

The ISFccc modes have been broken at launch on Panasonic displays every single year they have had the modes available. I highly doubt that would hold it up based on the track record.

Thanks D smile.gif Hopppefully thats all thats getting held up, from the sound of it, that was what was "not ready"....If someone is really looking for a ZT I would wait since the releae date should be a few weeks away (May\June) I think. Time will tell if these hold up have any impact on ship date. It still too early to tell anything at this point so its time to hold tight and just be patient wink.gif ....
post #23 of 40
Ok I retract my previous statement as I misudnerstood wht the insider said......Looks like everything is on track wink.gif apologize for any confusion I may have caused.....
post #24 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

Do you know if things like THX has already been implemented ? Avsjunkie said recently his sample had no THX.

Hopefully you are looking at the "other place" your question ahs been answered smile.gif
post #25 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Ok I retract my previous statement as I misudnerstood wht the insider said......Looks like everything is on track wink.gif apologize for any confusion I may have caused.....

It was fate -- you had no choice but to cause confusion. wink.gif
post #26 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

It was fate -- you had no choice but to cause confusion. wink.gif

biggrin.gif:D wink.gifcool.gif
post #27 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

I would prefer they left THX off the display. Panasonic can do better internally.

Yeah I don't know why they bother with THX mode since everybody here ends up using custom and your settings anyway biggrin.gif
post #28 of 40
^Because it adds a sense of credibility (Pioneer proved it wasn't necessary). Maybe they think they'll achieve a higher sell-through by ponying up to THX.
post #29 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^Because it adds a sense of credibility (Pioneer proved it wasn't necessary). Maybe they think they'll achieve a higher sell-through by ponying up to THX.

Outside of this forum and ones like it are there really that many people who would spend the time calibrating a TV, or to those that dont have the time and dont really care a name like THX "speaks" to them.....We here at the forums are not the general consumer, so I can see why they would add it, at minumum as a marketing tool above the competition......JMOHO though....
post #30 of 40
Aye, especially if they think it will give them another showy bullet point to add to the marketing material. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › ZT delayed till August