or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 158

post #4711 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post


Hi Frank Reynolds, the list of options available is by holding down the Movie/Music/Game button.

 

Problems solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Just had to hold Music button down > Multi Chan Stereo. DONE.

 

Amazing. Now I can hear vocals and everything in all speakers and it's incredibly balanced, sounds fantastic!

 

Thank you sir!!!

post #4712 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post


Your symptoms mean that the computer is sending only a stereo signal because of the HDMI settings in the computer.

PLII = Dolby ProLogic II. It is one of several ways to expand a stereo signal so it uses all of your speakers.

Doing a reset while connected to the receiver (as suggested in JD's link) can fix the number of HDMI audio channels for some devices, but the situation with Windows computers is much more complicated. frown.gif

The first thing to do is to ensure that the HDMI device's characteristics in the Windows "Playback devices" menu is not set to "Stereo". Set it to 7.1 instead. Disable enhancements while you're in that menu. All "enhancements" are provided by the receiver.

The second thing to do is to use a media player which supports WASAPI and configure it to use that instead of DirectSound. A few players which use WASAPI are listed in the thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1495316/which-media-players-reconfigure-hdmi-to-match-number-of-source-channels

VLC v2.1.2 does not yet use WASAPI. Players without their own WASAPI support require the use of additional programs like ReClock, LAV or ASIO.

 

Thanks man, I appreciate all of that info.!

 

But got exactly what I was looking for by simply setting it to Multi Chan Stereo. =] 

 

Hey.. theoretically speaking... what are the best sounding Movie..Music..Game modes? (if possible.. can you list in order of best to worst?)

post #4713 of 6915
All you've done is covered up a symptom of only getting 2CH stereo rather than actually solving the problem which is getting discrete 5.1 surround audio. The Multi CH Stereo mode is simply duplicating that stereo signal to the surround channels. If this is all you wanted then sit back and enjoy your setup, hoewever, you've still got some work to do if you want to pass the discrete 5.1 audio to the AVR. Regarding the different surround modes: Movie (center channel centered), Music (FL/FR channel centered), Game (surround oriented). As with most settings on the AVR, it doesn't matter what someone else prefers, rather its what you prefer as only you can determine what sounds best to you using your ears, your speakers, in your room. smile.gif
Edited by jdsmoothie - 1/4/14 at 8:46am
post #4714 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

As the expression goes ... hmmm .. forget actually now ... tongue.gif.........but bottom line is that you've simply covered up the problem of the source only putting out stereo 2.0 audio by duplicating that stereo signal to the surround channels rather than true 5.1 surround audio. If this is all you wanted then sit back and enjoy your setup. Most use only Movie (center channel centered) or Music (FL/FR channel centered). As with most settings on the AVR, it doesn't matter what someone else prefers, rather its what you prefer as only you can determine what sounds best to you using your ears, your speakers, in your room. smile.gif

 

Interesting..

 

Keep in mind, I'm coming from using a 20+yr old Technics amp that was dying towards the end, lol.

 

The way everything is setup for me right now, I couldn't ask for more! Sounds infinitely better than my old system.

 

When I put it in movie mode, I was watching 'The Conjuring' a bit yesterday, and I'm no expert but that definitely sounded like surround audio was working as it should be and not simply being duplicated. Or was it?!? (diff sounds at diff times, diff scenes..)

 

Thanks for the info.

 

Quick dumb question.. when running Audessey setup, it asks to turn Sub volume to 50% volume, after that is done I can turn volume up and down as I like eh? It's a PSW10, I have it set to max hz on low pass and phase 0, btw.

post #4715 of 6915
Currently the audio is only playing "louder" which you perceive (as most do) to actually sound "better". If the front panel display reads "Multi CH Stereo" or "DD PLII" you are NOT getting true 5.1 discrete audio, rather it must say either "Multi CH IN" or "Dolby Digital" or "DTS". Regarding the sub, once Audyssey has been run and the sub gets set below -12db (ie. closer to 0db and NOT -12db) then you are free to adjust the Subwoofer Level setting using the remote and GUI menu to suit your preference. Many prefer to boost it by 3-5db after Audyssey. If the sub was set to -12dby, lower the gain/volume knob on the sub to about 25% and run it again.
post #4716 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Your symptoms mean that the computer is sending only a stereo signal because of the HDMI settings in the computer.


PLII = Dolby ProLogic II. It is one of several ways to expand a stereo signal so it uses all of your speakers.


Doing a reset while connected to the receiver (as suggested in JD's link) can fix the number of HDMI audio channels for some devices, but the situation with Windows computers is much more complicated. frown.gif


The first thing to do is to ensure that the HDMI device's characteristics in the Windows "Playback devices" menu is not set to "Stereo". Set it to 7.1 instead. Disable enhancements while you're in that menu. All "enhancements" are provided by the receiver.


The second thing to do is to use a media player which supports WASAPI and configure it to use that instead of DirectSound. A few players which use WASAPI are listed in the thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1495316/which-media-players-reconfigure-hdmi-to-match-number-of-source-channels


VLC v2.1.2 does not yet use WASAPI. Players without their own WASAPI support require the use of additional programs like ReClock, LAV or ASIO.

Thanks man, I appreciate all of that info.!

But got exactly what I was looking for by simply setting it to Multi Chan Stereo.

Multi-channel Stereo copies the front left and right channels to the left and right surround channels. That's not the same as surround sound, which sends unique sounds to all of the channels if they're present in the original soundtrack.
Quote:

Hey.. theoretically speaking... what are the best sounding Movie..Music..Game modes? (if possible.. can you list in order of best to worst?)

Those settings are all "personal preference". However, Dolby ProLogic Music provides more control over how the sound is distributed among the front and surround speakers when a stereo soundtrack is being played.
post #4717 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

As the expression goes ... hmmm .. forget actually now ... tongue.gif .........but bottom line is that you've simply covered up the problem of the source only putting out stereo 2.0 audio by duplicating that stereo signal to the surround channels rather than true 5.1 surround audio. If this is all you wanted then sit back and enjoy your setup. Most use only Movie (center channel centered) or Music (FL/FR channel centered). As with most settings on the AVR, it doesn't matter what someone else prefers, rather its what you prefer as only you can determine what sounds best to you using your ears, your speakers, in your room. smile.gif

Interesting..

Keep in mind, I'm coming from using a 20+yr old Technics amp that was dying towards the end, lol.

The way everything is setup for me right now, I couldn't ask for more! Sounds infinitely better than my old system.
And with a few more adjustments, it'll sound even better!
Quote:

When I put it in movie mode, I was watching 'The Conjuring' a bit yesterday, and I'm no expert but that definitely sounded like surround audio was working as it should be and not simply being duplicated. Or was it?!? (diff sounds at diff times, diff scenes..)
If Dolby ProLogic or DTS Neo were enabled in the receiver, and if the two-channel soundtrack had matrixed surround sound encoded in it, then the surround speakers would indeed be producing different sounds from what was coming from the front speakers. However, both surround sound speakers would be producing exactly the same sounds. Once you get multichannel audio working, you'll be able to hear different sounds come from each speaker, with helicopters seeming to go around the room (to pick an extreme example).
Quote:

Thanks for the info.

Quick dumb question.. when running Audessey setup, it asks to turn Sub volume to 50% volume, after that is done I can turn volume up and down as I like eh? It's a PSW10, I have it set to max hz on low pass and phase 0, btw.
post #4718 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post

When I play a high quality movie with VLC player, it def seems to play in 5.1... but AVR doesn't seem to indicate so.

When playing the movie, on the Denon remote press the "INFO" button should report what you're getting.

Also while playing the movie, try right click inside the VLC player window to see if there is audio option to select 5.1.
post #4719 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post


Your symptoms mean that the computer is sending only a stereo signal because of the HDMI settings in the computer.

PLII = Dolby ProLogic II. It is one of several ways to expand a stereo signal so it uses all of your speakers.

Doing a reset while connected to the receiver (as suggested in JD's link) can fix the number of HDMI audio channels for some devices, but the situation with Windows computers is much more complicated. frown.gif

The first thing to do is to ensure that the HDMI device's characteristics in the Windows "Playback devices" menu is not set to "Stereo". Set it to 7.1 instead. Disable enhancements while you're in that menu. All "enhancements" are provided by the receiver.

The second thing to do is to use a media player which supports WASAPI and configure it to use that instead of DirectSound. A few players which use WASAPI are listed in the thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1495316/which-media-players-reconfigure-hdmi-to-match-number-of-source-channels

VLC v2.1.2 does not yet use WASAPI. Players without their own WASAPI support require the use of additional programs like ReClock, LAV or ASIO.

 

I downloaded MediaMonkey, and set Output plugin to WASAPI.

 

As far as being able to set my HDMI characteristics in windows to 5.1/7.1... I've tried, various things, for hours. When HDMI is set up it won't budge past 2channel front/left setup. Without HDMI... 5.1/7.1, no problem. Tried diff drivers, etc etc. I have Realtek HD Audio btw.

 

Can using MediaMonkey without my computer HDMI set to greater than 2.0.. do anything different than what I'm already getting?

post #4720 of 6915
2CH External Amp for Zone 2 speakers
For anyone with an "X" series model that has considered adding Zone 2 speakers using the Zone 2 pre-outs instead of the powered speakers posts, the 2CH AMP-100 has dropped below $100.

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-Stereo-Power-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6
post #4721 of 6915
HELP! New problem with my X4000, which I have been VERY happy with except for the "excessive clicking" issue I posted about before.

The problem just started happening when I watch Elysium on Blu-ray. I am getting video dropouts which appear to be during lots of screen motion. I have watched many Blu-rays before with no problem but this disc is causing issues. I hooked up the HDMI straight to the TV from the Blu-ray player and it works. I tried my system downstairs and it works (through an older, cheaper Denon), but when running HDMI though the X4000, it drops video for a few seconds on action scenes. Audio continues with no disruption. It only seems to be the video and only on Elysium. I even changed HDMI cables and it acts the same.

Bug in the X4000? I'm running the latest firmware.

Any ideas? Thanks.
post #4722 of 6915
FWIW, I watched Elysium the other day on my Oppo BDP-103 through the X4000 completely without issues. Is your BR player on its latest firmware?
post #4723 of 6915
Hello Denon owners,

I've been interested in buying a Denon AVR-X1000, but I'm suddenly having serious second thoughts after reading about this problem concerning TV audio output to a Denon receiver via ARC. If the user has TV Audio (ARC) selected on his Denon receiver, then explicitly switches to Blu-ray, the Denon receiver is continuing to play the TV Audio instead of the Blu-ray audio. Do any of you know a solution to the problem?

Here's a summary of the problem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterwolfes View Post

I've got a question about the ARC functionality on this TV. I have a Denon AVR-1712 which supports ARC. I have my set top box and blu ray player both going directly into my receiver and then the receiver feeds these to the TV through HDMI. So I only have 1 HDMI going out to the TV.

With this set up, my cable and blu ray both have the sound coming through my home theater system and I want the streaming stuff (Netflix and Amazong, etc) on the TV to also come through the home theater. so I enabled ARC and simplink, I turn HDMI control on in the AVR-1712. When I do this, the TV takes over the receiver. It allows me to control the volume with the Magic Remote (when I hit the volume button it says Home Theater on the bottom right and shows the volume going up). And when I do this, the volume does go up on the receiver. Everything seems to work fine when I put on Netflix. The sound goes through the ARC output and comes out the receiver.

Then I go back to cable or my Blu Ray and that is where I have the problem. The sound never switches back. It seems to get stuck on the ARC setting and the only way I can get it to go back to playing the sound for my set top or blu ray player is to go back through my receiver's settings and disable the HDMI control (which is kind of a pain).

Does anyone know if there is a setting or something I am missing here? Should the ARC functionality be able to turn itself on and off automatically or is it something I need to do every time myself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Parsons View Post

Are you saying that if you press the "TV Audio" button on the receiver's remote and then press its "Blu-ray" button, you continue to get sound from the TV instead of the Blu-ray player?
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterwolfes View Post

That's exactly what I'm saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Parsons View Post

The problem that Winterwolfes is experiencing seems to be that the Denon receiver is giving up too much control and the LG TV is abusing that privilege. If he presses the Blu-ray button on his Denon remote, his Denon receiver will not play audio from the Blu-ray player he just selected. It continues to play audio from the TV (via ARC). That's a problem of the Denon receiver allowing ARC to override all other audio inputs, even when he has explicitly told the Denon receiver to use a different input. For that, I would blame Denon 100%.

The obvious workaround is to use optical cable for TV audio, but the Denon AVR-X1000 (and step-up AVR-X2000) only has a single optical input so this would prohibit any other device from using it. For my purposes, that's a deal breaker.
post #4724 of 6915
Ok. I think I have finally identified the lip sync problems I've been having for certain now.

This is the situation:

My tv seems to take about 110ms to process the video from any source. So, on my previous Onkyo receiver I would set the audio delay to 110ms and this would remove any lip sync problems whether I was playing a DVD, BD or tv channel etc. It wouldn't matter.
However, as I thought was the case before, the Denon seems to have a delay in processing any multi channel audio source of about 20ms. So for example, this means if I'm watching an SD channel on my DTV box which is in stereo, the Denon will have perfect lip sync with the tv with the audio delay set to 110ms like with my old receiver. However, if I change to an HD channel broadcast in DD 5.1 the audio delay would need to be changed to about 90ms. To complicate matters, I think the Denon may also have a delay if receiving a DD stereo source instead of PCM stereo.

So, in other words, I would have to constantly change the audio delay on the receiver according to what I was listening to. As this is a very popular receiver and I can't find anyone else having this problem, do you think it's a fault with my receiver, or could there be something I'm doing wrong?

It would be such a shame if I couldn't fix it, as the system sounds amazing.
post #4725 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiersch View Post

HELP! New problem with my X4000, which I have been VERY happy with except for the "excessive clicking" issue I posted about before.

The problem just started happening when I watch Elysium on Blu-ray. I am getting video dropouts which appear to be during lots of screen motion. I have watched many Blu-rays before with no problem but this disc is causing issues. I hooked up the HDMI straight to the TV from the Blu-ray player and it works. I tried my system downstairs and it works (through an older, cheaper Denon), but when running HDMI though the X4000, it drops video for a few seconds on action scenes. Audio continues with no disruption. It only seems to be the video and only on Elysium. I even changed HDMI cables and it acts the same.

Bug in the X4000? I'm running the latest firmware.

Any ideas? Thanks.

No issues with my X4000 using a PS3 to watch Elysium on Blu-Ray. Likely just an issue with that disc. Great movie for bass, but thumbs down for general review.
post #4726 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d85 View Post

Ok. I think I have finally identified the lip sync problems I've been having for certain now.

This is the situation:

My tv seems to take about 110ms to process the video from any source. So, on my previous Onkyo receiver I would set the audio delay to 110ms and this would remove any lip sync problems whether I was playing a DVD, BD or tv channel etc. It wouldn't matter.
However, as I thought was the case before, the Denon seems to have a delay in processing any multi channel audio source of about 20ms. So for example, this means if I'm watching an SD channel on my DTV box which is in stereo, the Denon will have perfect lip sync with the tv with the audio delay set to 110ms like with my old receiver. However, if I change to an HD channel broadcast in DD 5.1 the audio delay would need to be changed to about 90ms. To complicate matters, I think the Denon may also have a delay if receiving a DD stereo source instead of PCM stereo.

So, in other words, I would have to constantly change the audio delay on the receiver according to what I was listening to. As this is a very popular receiver and I can't find anyone else having this problem, do you think it's a fault with my receiver, or could there be something I'm doing wrong?

It would be such a shame if I couldn't fix it, as the system sounds amazing.

As you indicate, main issue lies with your TV. frown.gif
post #4727 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Parsons View Post

Hello Denon owners,

I've been interested in buying a Denon AVR-X1000, but I'm suddenly having serious second thoughts after reading about this problem concerning TV audio output to a Denon receiver via ARC. If the user has TV Audio (ARC) selected on his Denon receiver, then explicitly switches to Blu-ray, the Denon receiver is continuing to play the TV Audio instead of the Blu-ray audio. Do any of you know a solution to the problem?

Here's a summary of the problem:



The obvious workaround is to use optical cable for TV audio, but the Denon AVR-X1000 (and step-up AVR-X2000) only has a single optical input so this would prohibit any other device from using it. For my purposes, that's a deal breaker.

An optical switch will add 2 more optical inputs and only set you back < $10.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq=1&format=2&p_id=2946&CAWELAID=1329448145&catargetid=320013720000010661&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CI39z9Hy5rsCFTJp7Aod5TsAZw
post #4728 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

As you indicate, main issue lies with your TV. frown.gif

I see what you mean, but if I put my tv into 'game mode' the delay will then reduce to only 20ms. But I would still have the same problem that the Denon decodes different audio sources at different speeds unlike my previous receiver.
So, using the previous example, instead of having to change the Denon audio delay from 110ms to 90ms, I would have to keep changing it from 20ms to 0ms. Does this make sense?
post #4729 of 6915
Sure. But is a 20ms delay even noticeable? You might want to try using the Quick Select buttons with a different Audio Delay set for each Quick Select to resolve your issue. Although I have no audio delay issues with my Genie and X4000, with an older DTV box and Denon AVR, I would occasionally have audio delay issues which were easily resolved simply by changing the channel and then back to the channel I was watching again.
post #4730 of 6915
Yeah, it's one of those things that just seems to bother me. As either way, the lip sync is out by 20ms. As the tv delay doesn't really matter whether it's 110ms or 20ms as long as it's fixed. I've considered your idea to use the quick select buttons for different audio delays before and I might decide to do that. I'm just concerned that my Denon X1000 having a different delay depending on audio source is a fault with my system. As I know I'm clearly quite obsessive regarding AV sync (if you couldn't tell lol), but I just feel if this was the same on all the receivers that someone else would have noticed it also when for example switching from a stereo tv show dvd to a Dolby HD Blu ray?
Either way, I really appreciate the help. smile.gif
post #4731 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Your symptoms mean that the computer is sending only a stereo signal because of the HDMI settings in the computer.


PLII = Dolby ProLogic II. It is one of several ways to expand a stereo signal so it uses all of your speakers.


Doing a reset while connected to the receiver (as suggested in JD's link) can fix the number of HDMI audio channels for some devices, but the situation with Windows computers is much more complicated. frown.gif


The first thing to do is to ensure that the HDMI device's characteristics in the Windows "Playback devices" menu is not set to "Stereo". Set it to 7.1 instead. Disable enhancements while you're in that menu. All "enhancements" are provided by the receiver.


The second thing to do is to use a media player which supports WASAPI and configure it to use that instead of DirectSound. A few players which use WASAPI are listed in the thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1495316/which-media-players-reconfigure-hdmi-to-match-number-of-source-channels


VLC v2.1.2 does not yet use WASAPI. Players without their own WASAPI support require the use of additional programs like ReClock, LAV or ASIO.

I downloaded MediaMonkey, and set Output plugin to WASAPI.

As far as being able to set my HDMI characteristics in windows to 5.1/7.1... I've tried, various things, for hours. When HDMI is set up it won't budge past 2channel front/left setup. Without HDMI... 5.1/7.1, no problem. Tried diff drivers, etc etc. I have Realtek HD Audio btw.

Can using MediaMonkey without my computer HDMI set to greater than 2.0.. do anything different than what I'm already getting?
I suspect not.

By any chance do you have the TV's internal stereo speakers enabled in the TV but with their volume turned down all the way or muted?
If they're still enabled, try disabling the TV's speakers in the TV's configuration menu. That often fixes this kind of problem. Otherwise, there are some more complicated things to try involving Windows INF files or a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus.
post #4732 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

FWIW, I watched Elysium the other day on my Oppo BDP-103 through the X4000 completely without issues. Is your BR player on its latest firmware?

I tried that but kept getting some network error that said try again later - although network testing on the player was successful.... and it works fine if plugged directly to the TV. I'll try again soon as that seems to be my only hope to an easy solution... but perhaps I got a bad disc with some kind of encoding issue (Elysium was a rental through Netflix).
post #4733 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

1. After several months of using Pandora at least 6 hours/day without ever hearing a commercial, I heard my first commercial yesterday .... AT&T ... and just heard it again a few moments ago. Certainly much better than a commercial every 10 minutes or so when listening on the laptop.

An update to my post above last month ..... at that time I was hearing a handful of AT&T commercials each day. Today the AT&T commercials are gone or very limited having been replaced by Pandora Upgrade commercials at the rate of several each hour, but only roughly 10 secs in duration. Still significantly better than listening to terrestrial radio stations with commercials roughly every 5-10 minutes generally several minutes in duration. eek.gif
post #4734 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiersch View Post

I tried that but kept getting some network error that said try again later - although network testing on the player was successful.... and it works fine if plugged directly to the TV. I'll try again soon as that seems to be my only hope to an easy solution... but perhaps I got a bad disc with some kind of encoding issue (Elysium was a rental through Netflix).

Hi wiersch, or should I say howdy neighbor! tongue.gif

I have no video issue with Elysium Blu-Ray (from Netflix) playing on my S790 (haven't try on the PS3) through the X4000. If your BR player menu has Deep Color option, try turning it off.
post #4735 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

An update to my post above last month ..... at that time I was hearing a handful of AT&T commercials each day. Today the AT&T commercials are gone or very limited having been replaced by Pandora Upgrade commercials at the rate of several each hour, but only roughly 10 secs in duration. Still significantly better than listening to terrestrial radio stations with commercials roughly every 5-10 minutes generally several minutes in duration. eek.gif
for lunch money ($36 per year) you could upgrade to Pandora One. No commercials, more skips and 50% higher resolution (128k vs 192k). At 6 hours per day, that's less that $0.02 per hour. Come on JD, support the program with your credit card wink.gif
post #4736 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Parsons View Post

Hello Denon owners,

I've been interested in buying a Denon AVR-X1000, but I'm suddenly having serious second thoughts after reading about this problem concerning TV audio output to a Denon receiver via ARC. If the user has TV Audio (ARC) selected on his Denon receiver, then explicitly switches to Blu-ray, the Denon receiver is continuing to play the TV Audio instead of the Blu-ray audio. Do any of you know a solution to the problem?

Here's a summary of the problem:



The obvious workaround is to use optical cable for TV audio, but the Denon AVR-X1000 (and step-up AVR-X2000) only has a single optical input so this would prohibit any other device from using it. For my purposes, that's a deal breaker.

I have an X1000 & have no issues like described above. I have my blu-ray player connected to the X1000 & the output of the X1000 going to the TV's ARC supported HDMI in & when i watch TV i hit "TV" on Denon remote & when I watch a bluray I hit "bluray" on Denon remote & all works as it should.

Hope this helps.
Carmine.
post #4737 of 6915
NO higher rez on AVR; I'll keep my lunch money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Grooms View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

An update to my post above last month ..... at that time I was hearing a handful of AT&T commercials each day. Today the AT&T commercials are gone or very limited having been replaced by Pandora Upgrade commercials at the rate of several each hour, but only roughly 10 secs in duration. Still significantly better than listening to terrestrial radio stations with commercials roughly every 5-10 minutes generally several minutes in duration. eek.gif
for lunch money ($36 per year) you could upgrade to Pandora One. No commercials, more skips and 50% higher resolution (128k vs 192k). At 6 hours per day, that's less that $0.02 per hour. Come on JD, support the program with your credit card wink.gif
post #4738 of 6915
You sure about that?
post #4739 of 6915
Read it here, or somewhere on the Net, so it has to be true, right?
post #4740 of 6915
mr0GpG

So I did with my 3312

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ