or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 25

post #721 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIDEx View Post

e400 for $300 or x1000 for $400? Decisions.

The Audyssey XT in 1000 is nice, but more features in 400.

More features or better audio fidelity? Your choice. That's what I spent much of last year asking for those considering the lower level Onkyo models to the same level Denon models.
post #722 of 6966
Unless any of the missing features are a must-have, go with Audyssey XT.
post #723 of 6966
thankyou sir!!!
post #724 of 6966
Hi, I consider buying X2000 or X3000 and want to control music playback using web browser on my computer. I have never had Denon receiver so please tell me if it is possible using only web browser to:
- select folder from DLNA server and browse songs + select song to play from a list? I would like to do it without looking at TV or at the receiver's display - I want to only use web browser to select songs and play them. Is it possible with Denon X2000 or X3000? I was unable to find it out with google or youtube. I ask beceuse I spend a lot of time at a computer and I would like to have control of what is being played on the receiver.
Edited by Ravenik - 6/15/13 at 9:33am
post #725 of 6966
x4000 certainly looks like a viable option to replace my onkyo 818. however, what are the thoughts on the vp chips. the 818 has a couple impressive ones. would I loose anything this dept?
post #726 of 6966
Depends on how much improvement you see now as opposed to just letting the source or TV handle the video processing.
post #727 of 6966
Quote:
Depends on how much improvement you see now as opposed to just letting the source or TV handle the video processing.

I always let my display do the video processing, as I can't see the receiver being superior in that respect compared to my projector.
post #728 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Depends on how much improvement you see now as opposed to just letting the source or TV handle the video processing.
I always let my display do the video processing, as I can't see the receiver being superior in that respect compared to my projector.
Over a good BD player, i don't think so. wink.gif

I fully agree about not using the AVR's video processing.
post #729 of 6966
I use the AVRs Video Processing; seems to help with Comcast 1080i Cable.
post #730 of 6966
Thread Starter 
Really depends on the specifics of your setup -- screen size, display, content etc. Plenty of TVs have mediocre processing (especially deinterlacing) and the AD chipset in the Denon had perfect bench tests when reviewed by HT Mag.

That said, it's a hugely overrated aspect of receivers.
post #731 of 6966
Just a little PSA for everyone. I bought my X4000 locally at a place called Modia (formerly Home Entertainment) here in the Houston area 8 days ago. Evidently their return policy for damaged or defective units is 7 days. My unit is neither. In fact, it's unopened. I had planned on setting it all up this weekend, but got hit with some unexpected car repair bills this week and decided now was not the right time to drop the cash on it. Now they are giving me flack and saying they need to get corporate permission to take the unit back since it's past 7 days (Of course, this person is not available until Monday). I explained that it's neither damaged nor defective... I just want to return it, unopened. Apparently that doesn't matter. Needless to say, based on customer service alone, I will never, EVER purchase anything from this place again. Sad that a local B&M does business like this. It's no wonder that internet and big box "no hassle returns" places are taking their business. As always, YMMV... but if they never see another customer that I know enter their store, I will consider it "mission accomplished". First law of business is not necessarily "the customer is always right", but it should at least be "don't be a jerk", you know.

Looking forward to returning this (hopefully) and repurchasing from a retailer who treats their customers much better... like AVSForums.

Regards,
Jeff
post #732 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post

Just a little PSA for everyone. I bought my X4000 locally at a place called Modia (formerly Home Entertainment) here in the Houston area 8 days ago. Evidently their return policy for damaged or defective units is 7 days. My unit is neither. In fact, it's unopened. I had planned on setting it all up this weekend, but got hit with some unexpected car repair bills this week and decided now was not the right time to drop the cash on it. Now they are giving me flack and saying they need to get corporate permission to take the unit back since it's past 7 days (Of course, this person is not available until Monday). I explained that it's neither damaged nor defective... I just want to return it, unopened. Apparently that doesn't matter. Needless to say, based on customer service alone, I will never, EVER purchase anything from this place again. Sad that a local B&M does business like this. It's no wonder that internet and big box "no hassle returns" places are taking their business. As always, YMMV... but if they never see another customer that I know enter their store, I will consider it "mission accomplished". First law of business is not necessarily "the customer is always right", but it should at least be "don't be a jerk", you know.

Looking forward to returning this (hopefully) and repurchasing from a retailer who treats their customers much better... like AVSForums.

Regards,
Jeff
Did you look at http://www.modia.com/return-policy.aspx
Quote:
Return Policy
All new, factory sealed, unopened products can be returned to MODIA | Home Theater Store within thirty (30) days of your purchase date. Your options on refunds include full credit for the items purchased (not including shipping or delivery charges) or a full credit exchange for another product. If a product is being exchanged, additional shipping or delivery charges may apply.

Contact customer service if you have a issue returning it.
post #733 of 6966
Is anybody interested in a brand new in box X-4000 with an authorized online dealers receipt? That means you get to use the full 3 year warranty which is a serious must for a $1k purchase. I am asking $1050 plus shipping. If you live in Michigan or upper Ohio then we can just meet. I got a great deal on 3 for $3100 so if I were to cover shipping I would have to raise the price cause I am only making $25 on it. I will pay the return shipping and provide a refund if the item is not New in Box or if you have any issues securing the warranty. I will write up a document that says such. you can email me at shidfar1@gmail.com That's right a brand new X-4000 for $100 with warranty., and no I am not an idiot,,,,i did not register the warranties. They are still available for whoever buys them. Thanks

They are being processed Monday so you would have 90 days from then to receive it and decide you like it enough. If you are unsusre please do not register the warranty until you decide if you like it in case I need to resell it as open box although that would obviously result in a loss for me bigtime.
post #734 of 6966
not a cool post...
post #735 of 6966
Just wrong place
post #736 of 6966
Quote:
Over a good BD player, i don't think so.

I fully agree about not using the AVR's video processing.

True - I have an Oppo. So I have a choice between my Oppo and my Lumis Host doing the video processing - and just set my reciever on pass though. smile.gif
post #737 of 6966
Is there an A/B speaker selector on the x4000? I can't find it mentioned anywhere.
post #738 of 6966
Not a physical button on the remote or front panel, no, rather you would have to go into the GUI (p. 187 OM) and change the Front Speaker Setup setting. If you are using the Front B for stereo listening only, once changed, all you would have to do is select Stereo from the remote. Also, as the Front Speakers setting button is a feature on older models, you may be able to add the button sequence using an older model remote download from the Logitech data base (ie. Harmony remote) as the command sequence still exists for the X4000 via the RS-232 serial control.
post #739 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Just wrong place

I am sorry I didn;t now that. Is there a right plave on AVS at all or just a different site all together. I thought this was open forum. Sorry to offend. Let me know if there is somewhere it would be appropriate

Apoligies. I don;t want to offend considering all the great input here from people going out of there way to educate the rest of us.
post #740 of 6966
^^
Not sure the responses were meant for your post; however, you may want to consider posting in the Classifieds - Audio Gear forum linked below. Also note there is no "registering" of a warranty.

http://www.avsforum.com/f/209/audio-gear
post #741 of 6966
Place your ad in the Classified section. Everyone makes a mistake no harm done.
post #742 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post

Did you look at http://www.modia.com/return-policy.aspx
Contact customer service if you have a issue returning it.

Thank you, John. NO, I had not done that, although I did look for info on my receipt. This is excellent information. I plan on printing it out when I go there Monday, whether I hear back or not. THANK YOU!

Regards,
Jeff
post #743 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykgolf View Post

Just picked a new E400 up at Fry's for $299! Was going to get a demo 1913 but happened across that deal out of blind luck. I have a couple basic questions on setup for you guys:

1) I prefer to listen in "All Zone" while watching TV (like 5CH on my 1909) but it defaults to Stereo when I turn it on - is there a way to set it to default to All Zone?

2) My wife actually just prefers to listen from the TV speakers while watching TV - right now I have an all HDMI setup - how do I set it up to do that? FWIW, I also got a Harmony 650 and am hoping to set up separate activities for listening thru the TV vs receiver when watching TV but when I set one up to control volume thru the TV and the other thru the receiver the sound still goes thru the receiver for both.

thanks in advance.

1.

2. As long as the cable/sat box is plugged in to HDMI 1 (CBL/SAT), with the AVR in Standby, all she has to do is turn the cable/sat box ON. (HDMI Pass Through, p. 108 OM).
post #744 of 6966
Thread Starter 
Sounds to me like he is confusing multich stereo with all zone stereo...
post #745 of 6966
2 part question:

1)if I were to connect the audio portion of the signal from my oppo 105 player to my X4000 with the multichannel analog instead of along with the video through HDMI I would not be able to apply addyssey to the audio correct? I know the oppo probably has the best sound from blu-ray anyway but would I still have full addyssey room correction and such and just skip the surround sound decoding or what? I suppose these two questions will be answering.in one.

2) what is every bodies opinion on sound quality of multichannel audio vs HDMI again considering the Oppo 105 and the x4000?

I have always planned to do this but i have not having bought the cables yet so I figured I would ask in case it is a frivolous exercise in expense and clutter
post #746 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by shidfar1 View Post

2 part question:

1)if I were to connect the audio portion of the signal from my oppo 105 player to my X4000 with the multichannel analog instead of along with the video through HDMI I would not be able to apply addyssey to the audio correct? I know the oppo probably has the best sound from blu-ray anyway but would I still have full addyssey room correction and such and just skip the surround sound decoding or what? I suppose these two questions will be answering.in one.

2) what is every bodies opinion on sound quality of multichannel audio vs HDMI again considering the Oppo 105 and the x4000?

I have always planned to do this but i have not having bought the cables yet so I figured I would ask in case it is a frivolous exercise in expense and clutter
Your using the EU version of the x4000, which offers analog inputs I take it. Yes you loose that nice Audyssey room correction by making use of the analog outputs on your BDP-105. You would need to utilize Audio Processing Setup for calibration of your setup. BDP-105 still offers DTS Neo 6 processing. For listening to Home Theater and Audio it might offer a slight edge, the BDP-105 analog out is also dependent on your AVR/amp quality. I would certainly make use of the higher grade DAC's for stereo out when listening to CD's on the AVR-x4000 in pure/direct mode.


It is sad that Denon doesn't allow 7.1 analog inputs with the x3000 & x4000 stateside.
post #747 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by shidfar1 View Post

2 part question:

1)if I were to connect the audio portion of the signal from my oppo 105 player to my X4000 with the multichannel analog instead of along with the video through HDMI I would not be able to apply addyssey to the audio correct? I know the oppo probably has the best sound from blu-ray anyway but would I still have full addyssey room correction and such and just skip the surround sound decoding or what? I suppose these two questions will be answering.in one.

2) what is every bodies opinion on sound quality of multichannel audio vs HDMI again considering the Oppo 105 and the x4000?

I have always planned to do this but i have not having bought the cables yet so I figured I would ask in case it is a frivolous exercise in expense and clutter

The majority of the 4311CI and 4520CI owners that have tried both configurations generally prefer using HDMI wAudyssey vs. EXT IN w/o Audyssey.
post #748 of 6966
Thread Starter 
Not really sad considering they are essentially obsolete in the modern digital world where HDMI and/or DenonLink allows hi rez multich. And then you get to take advantage of digital processing.

Maybe it's sad if you want to obsess about incremental differences between DACs and/or make yourself feel better about needlessly spending the extra $$ on the 105 instead of the 103 wink.gif
post #749 of 6966
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Not really sad considering they are essentially obsolete in the modern digital world where HDMI and/or DenonLink allows hi rez multich. And then you get to take advantage of digital processing.

Maybe it's sad if you want to obsess about incremental differences between DACs and/or make yourself feel better about needlessly spending the extra $$ on the 105 instead of the 103 wink.gif
Did I spend $$? tongue.gif

Come on Denon furnishes 7.1 analog inputs with EU versions, but stateside nada, to me thats just D&M trying to convince you to buy the SR 7008 or the AVR-4520 instead here.

BTW when it comes to audiophiles believe me there is a large marketplace for analog gear still, and in this instance its questionable that the AVR-x4000 amp section is comparable to say the AVR-4520 or equivalent AVR.
Edited by JohnAV - 6/16/13 at 1:45pm
post #750 of 6966
Thread Starter 
Right, and those people are a niche market and willin to pay the extra wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ