or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 4

post #91 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

As usual it's worth not trusting the marketing specs and instead waiting for the manuals to be released so JD, myself and others can study them for real differences. .
The earlier Denon.eu data sheets against x lineup wasn't as detailed as the recent Denon USA LLC data sheets in post #78.

Of course their web site will also be problematic to interpret with typo's/misinformation. wink.gif
post #92 of 6886
As already noted by the "E" series Denon USA website specs, this year's information is pretty much spot on. smile.gif
post #93 of 6886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

As usual it's worth not trusting the marketing specs and instead waiting for the manuals to be released so JD, myself and others can study them for real differences. .
The earlier Denon.eu data sheets against x lineup wasn't as detailed as the recent Denon USA LLC data sheets in post #78.

Those data sheets are helpful but still only provide "blurb-i-fied" summary info channeled through marketing speak. We get some insight into specific features (e.g. InstaPrevue is not on the X2000 but is on the X3000) but there are always things we will only be able to glean by reading the actual manuals.
post #94 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Those data sheets are helpful but still only provide "blurb-i-fied" summary info channeled through marketing speak. We get some insight into specific features (e.g. InstaPrevue is not on the X2000 but is on the X3000) but there are always things we will only be able to glean by reading the actual manuals.
From Silicon Image (yep the same guys that bought Anchor Bay)
Quote:
InstaPrevue™ technology from Silicon Image makes TVs and AV receivers easier to use by taking the guesswork out of switching between HDMI® sources. Instead of having to remember whether the Blu-ray player is "HDMI-1" or "HDMI-4," the user gets a live picture-in-picture (PiP) video preview of each connected device, making it simple and intuitive to switch between the cable box, the disc player, the gaming console, and any other HDMI-connected source. Just click on a video preview and go.

So with the AVR-3313CI they were using a Analog Device 12-bit -ADV8003, now with the AVR-X3000 and AVR-X4000 you got Silicon Image video processing that can scale up to 4K? Wonder how good it is?
post #95 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post

From Silicon Image (yep the same guys that bought Anchor Bay)
So with the AVR-3313CI they were using a Analog Device 12-bit -ADV8003, now with the AVR-X3000 and AVR-X4000 you got Silicon Image video processing that can scale up to 4K? Wonder how good it is?

The new E400 and X2000/3000/4000 series will use the same ADV8003 chip, rather the SI chip will be used in reference to the InstaPreview feature (X3000/X4000) which is a trademark of SI.
Edited by jdsmoothie - 5/1/13 at 4:17pm
post #96 of 6886
Thread Starter 
Does the existence of that feature necessarily imply that they aren't still using the very proficient AD scaling solution? The 4520 has InstaPrevue and afaik uses the same AD scaler as the lower xx13 models.
post #97 of 6886
Oops
Wrong thread
Edited by SanchoPanza - 4/30/13 at 12:54am
post #98 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

If you don't have a sub then the Audyssey upgrade is even more valuable, since the greatest area of improvement from XT to XT32 is the filter resolution on the satellite channels -- it jumps from 16x to 512x, which is where the "32" name comes from as the filters have 32x the resolution. The extra resolution (plus an apparent shift in philosophy) means that XT32 is able to focus much more effectively on the bass frequencies on the non-sub speakers, so there's a good chance you would hear a distinct audible improvement in the bass smoothness and overall clarity.

Darn, you've given me a reason to consider upgrading. smile.gif
post #99 of 6886
I have a few specific questions about the Denon E-300 receiver. I can't find the answers in the user's manual.

1a) when I am playing music from a USB drive with multiple (or nested) folders, AND I select "shuffle", does the receiver shuffle on the entire contents of the USB drive, or just the currently selected folder?
1b) If it shuffles on the currently selected USB folder only, does this include its sub-folders?
2) By how many dB does the volume change with each press of the volume button on the remote control? I.e. what's the granularity of volume changes?

thanks so much,
and thank you for this forum.
post #100 of 6886
Thread Starter 
Well, we have yet to have an actual OWNER post in this thread so there's a lot of ambiguity. You might want to ask in the xx13 model owner's thread for question 1a/b as it can be assumed that this USB music function will work the same way.

As to question 2, pretty much all Denon receivers have a 0.5dB volume increment. If you tap the volume it will go up/down by 0.5dB with each tap, if you hold it down after a half second or so it will start to accelerate.
post #101 of 6886
^ Well you did have a AVR-X1000 owner post a question on the Denon xx13 thread. Thread titles are bit confusing. (2013 vs xx13)
post #102 of 6886
Thread Starter 
That post was after my post smile.gif I did refer him to this thread just now.

Blame Denon for the confusion. They decided to change their model naming nomenclature.
post #103 of 6886
All of the new "X" series Owner manuals and spec sheets are now posted on Denon's website.

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productdetail.aspx?catid=avreceivers(denonna)&pid=avrX4000(denonna)

Note they are all well formatted for viewing especially using an iPad or tablet as well as much easier to navigate than previous year's manuals. smile.gif
Edited by jdsmoothie - 4/30/13 at 5:27pm
post #104 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

All of the new "X" series Owner manuals and spec sheets are now posted on Denon's website.

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productdetail.aspx?catid=avreceivers(denonna)&pid=avrX4000(denonna)

Guess batpig will be busy now! wink.gif
post #105 of 6886
My posts #3-6 are up to date with the beginning covering the summary of the new feature additions. smile.gif
Edited by jdsmoothie - 4/30/13 at 6:46pm
post #106 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

The new E400 and X series will use the same ADV8003 chip, rather the SI chip will be used in reference to the InstaPreview feature (X3000/X4000) which is a trademark of SI.

How is the ADV8003 chip with video processing? Is this a new 2013 component? I'm really interesting
in the X2000 but if its meh, I'll pass.
Also I couldn't find the X2000 on Denons site.
post #107 of 6886
post #108 of 6886
Hmmm, must sell Stewart electiscreen to upgrade from denon 2808...mmm
post #109 of 6886
Interesting product comparison showing AVR-3313CI vs AVR-X4000 vs AVR-4520. Shows how the AVR-X4000 is now using two Analog Devices 32-bit DSP's, rather the the single Analog Devices 32-bit DSP.
post #110 of 6886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post

How is the ADV8003 chip with video processing?

The video processing got outstanding reviews in the video bench tests at Home Theater Mag in the 2313ci review: http://www.hometheater.com/content/denon-avr-2313ci-av-receiver-ht-labs-measures

As JD notes it's the same scaling solution that's in the new X Series models.

Quote:
Also I couldn't find the X2000 on Denons site.

Product Page links are now in post #2 of this thread. It's not listed when you click on "AV Receivers" but you can sneak in by modifying the URL from the X4000 link above.
post #111 of 6886
There's an app for iphone and android, but not windows... any eta on that?
post #112 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post

Interesting product comparison showing AVR-3313CI vs AVR-X4000 vs AVR-4520. Shows how the AVR-X4000 is now using two Analog Devices 32-bit DSP's, rather the the single Analog Devices 32-bit DSP.

I noticed that too, I believe that is the first one since the AVR-2809/989, and possibly the 3310 to have two DSP chips.
post #113 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk68 View Post

I noticed that too, I believe that is the first one since the AVR-2809/989, and possibly the 3310 to have two DSP chips.

I believe it is needed for the audyssey xt32 processing.
post #114 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post

Darn, you've given me a reason to consider upgrading. smile.gif

I think you mean, "Yeah, you've given me a reason to upgrade!" smile.gif
post #115 of 6886
I love this thread, fellas you've been a huge help! Okay, I need some advice but it might be too soon to tell.
As I said before I'm upgraded my home system for the new Xbox and PS4 plus I love watching movies.
I live in a small apt in NY so keep that in mind. This is what I'm thinking.
TV: Sony W900a
AVR: Denon 2313CI or X2000 or Sony STRDN-1040
Speakers: Energy Take Classic 5.1

I might move into a larger space at some point and I keep my electronics for at least 5yrs.
Should I look into anything else?
post #116 of 6886
Denon USA site has now got the new X series on full display without needing specific URL's.



Update: now some press announcements:

Denon Unveils IN-Command Series Receivers - Technology Tell

Denon Packs Apple AirPlay into New IN-Command AV Receivers - BigPictureBigSound

DENON MAKES HOME THEATER EASIER AND MORE ACCESSIBLE WITH NEW IN-COMMAND NETWORK HOME THEATER RECEIVERS, FEATURING APPLE’S AIRPLAY - Denon USA

Denon AVR-X1000, X2000, X3000, X4000 A/V Receivers - Ecoustics
Edited by JohnAV - 5/1/13 at 10:32pm
post #117 of 6886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post

I love this thread, fellas you've been a huge help! Okay, I need some advice but it might be too soon to tell.
As I said before I'm upgraded my home system for the new Xbox and PS4 plus I love watching movies.
I live in a small apt in NY so keep that in mind. This is what I'm thinking.
TV: Sony W900a
AVR: Denon 2313CI or X2000 or Sony STRDN-1040
Speakers: Energy Take Classic 5.1

I might move into a larger space at some point and I keep my electronics for at least 5yrs.
Should I look into anything else?

Considering the tiny speakers and the small space, I wouldn't even go as high as the 2313CI. If you won't go beyond 5.1 then I would see if there are any deals floating around on the 1713 / X1000. If you want to keep the flexibility to expand to 7.1 then go with the 2113 / X2000. The extra features/power of the 2313 will largely be wasted in your situation.

I would NOT worry about what might happen in a few years if you MIGHT move. Technology moves way too fast, and nothing is "future proof" in receivers. The smarter strategy is to spend as little as possible, getting the minimum product that meets your current needs, and worry about upgrading only when you have to. The 2113/X2000 is a very fully featured unit and will work fine even in a larger setup.
post #118 of 6886
Thanks batpig-great advice. I'll add the X1000 to my list!
post #119 of 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Does the existence of that feature necessarily imply that they aren't still using the very proficient AD scaling solution? The 4520 has InstaPrevue and afaik uses the same AD scaler as the lower xx13 models.

The ADV8003 chip handles the ouput side of things, it drives the HDMI outputs as well handling basic video processing tasks like scaling and OSD overlay. The InstaPrevue feature is implemented on the input side of things by a Silicon Image chip that is responsible for HDMI switching and decoding.
post #120 of 6886
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger thanks to you guys but wanted to get some advise. I have a focal 800v cc, and 2 706v for fronts and two 106 customs for surrounds. I've narrowed down to the pioneer 1522-k or denon 3313 what do u guys think?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ