Before the fiberglass went up the wife and I pulled cables. I didn't take many pictures since we both had our hands full.
First I used a shop vac to pull string through the conduit. I tied a bit of rag to the end of the string to help with the suction.
First I heated the cables/speaker wire to 200 degrees
The wife thought I was crazy
This really helped keep them pliable...I remembered seeing this while watching "how it's made" with the kids. An auto manufacturer heated up the wiring harness before putting it in the car to ease installation. Glad I did it, it really helped.
I also stored them in a food warmer while we pulled another wire: (so we didn't have to trek back down to the oven.
My only picture pulling them through....these were for the front speakers. LCR and 4 subs (sub amps in the rack). I pulled from the gear room to the speaker location. You can see the cable lube on there...needed that for the conduit with multiple cables.
The wife was a BIG help on this part of the job.
We had two runs on the other side of the room that were quite long...about 40'. The furthest surround gave me the most trouble as we had to add an extra bend due to the A/C lines being in the way...remember those.
I was getting worried I might have to tear up some sheet rock but the third re-pull was the charm....along with a crap load of cable lube.
It was nice to be doing some of the work myself!