markr, thanks A LOT for pointing out the limitations of the NEX
at the momment, those are my thoughts:
- If I had to choose only ONE camera for video, the LX7 would be it - over the NEX and the RX100. its better (for general use) than both
- as I said, I have a main camcorder, and that new camera will be a backup camera for the situations that the camcorder cant handle - LOW LIGHT, PICTURES and sDOF
- so im still thinking of buying the NEX, with the package of the link below:http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Digital-18-55mm-55-210MM-Accessory/dp/B00AY0KZVA/ref=sr_1_165?ie=UTF8&qid=1364578123&sr=8-165&keywords=sony+nex-5r+kit
for 1k I would be getting the body + 3 lenses, wich is a good price if you compare to the price of the lenses alone. (BTW, I dont have much experience buying from amazon - can I trust in those kits?)
so at the end of the day I would have:
- the 16mm f2.8 pancake for daily use (portable), street photography, pictures in small rooms (wide) and good for low light
- the 18-55mm zoom with OIS - nice for video and sharp pictures
- the 55-210mm zoom with OIS - just for fun - I dont really need it, but I like photography, so why not?
- and the best part, I will buy a 35mm f1.7 lens to create an incredible sDOF. its a kind of bokeh that the LX7 and the RX100 will never do. its from a lens that costs only 30USD.
at 1.7 its sharp enough and creates great effects. at 1.8 that lens is as sharp as the 50mm 1.8 prime lens. It wont be used everytime. only to create a nice effect on the video, this lens will be awesome.
ps.: im not expecting perfect technical aspects with that lens. I want the WOW factor and a video that is nice for my family and friends to see. and they will be more impressed with the bokeh than with artifacts etc
ps 2.: this lens has manual focus and manual aperture (with no "clicks", wich is PERFECT for in video adjusts - and I love manual control - im so much better than autofocus! lol)
link for a sample video of that lens:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZpEDy4pDV8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLAPQ5kUDY0
I think thats pretty awesome for 20 bucks
so, what do you guys think? any suggestions? markr, keep pointing me out to some possible problems. you always open my eyes for important thingsEdited by thedest - 3/29/13 at 1:51pm