or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › *Official* Pioneer SC-1522 9.2 Network ready AV receiver owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Pioneer SC-1522 9.2 Network ready AV receiver owners thread - Page 54

post #1591 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Are you using the exact same source material?

On the 360 and PS3 I was able to try the same games and they play louder on the 360. I notice that when an input is selected you get normal +4 or whatever. Anyone know where that can be adjusted? I don't see anywhere on the xfinity X1 box to adjust the volume level. It's either just stereo or surround and it's set to surround.
post #1592 of 1713
Thread Starter 
360 game audio is intentionally louder because gamers like it that way. I know because I use my 360s for both game and MCE Extender for TV. When I play games, I need to set volume between -30 and -40. When I watch TV, I set volume around -25. There is nothing wrong with your receiver or Xbox. Attenuating digital audio is not preferred. Just live with it.
post #1593 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

360 game audio is intentionally louder because gamers like it that way. I know because I use my 360s for both game and MCE Extender for TV. When I play games, I need to set volume between -30 and -40. When I watch TV, I set volume around -25. There is nothing wrong with your receiver or Xbox. Attenuating digital audio is not preferred. Just live with it.

Ok just with my Pioneer 1019 receiver my PS3 and 360 played at the same levels along with my older Comcast box at the time. Now the PS3 and X1 are about the same with the 360 not requiring as much volume.
post #1594 of 1713
Thread Starter 
My Xbox 360s have always been loud throughout different receivers. It might be game related. I only play CoD. Remember Xbox 360 outputs DD 5.1 only (no LPCM 5.1). So any loudness of the audio must be there before Xbox pack them into DD 5.1 audio.
post #1595 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post

On the 360 and PS3 I was able to try the same games and they play louder on the 360. I notice that when an input is selected you get normal +4 or whatever. Anyone know where that can be adjusted? I don't see anywhere on the xfinity X1 box to adjust the volume level. It's either just stereo or surround and it's set to surround.
I meant the same cd or DVD smile.gif
post #1596 of 1713
Hey guys,

What surround settings do you use for playing music? I have been using DplII Music, but not sure if i should be in a different mode. I understand its mostly what each individual likes but just want to know what everyone else likes so i can play around with it.
post #1597 of 1713
I've been using Extended Stereo for music and I think it produces a great sound with stereo sources.
post #1598 of 1713
Hi, all.

Does anyone here use the 1522 in a 4 and 8 ohm speakers system set up??? I'm thinking of adding a pairs of Martin Logan Motion speakers as my surrounds. My LRC speakers are DefTech 3000's.
post #1599 of 1713
I am between this one and the denon x4000.
It will replace a pioneer sc-07 (great machine).
The denon x4000 is more ...tech tongue.gif but i listen a lot of 2.0 music so maybe the class d3 will be better.
Anyone who tested both?
Also are there any known serious issues i should know about?
Thanks in advance...
post #1600 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd2blu View Post

Hi, all.

Does anyone here use the 1522 in a 4 and 8 ohm speakers system set up??? I'm thinking of adding a pairs of Martin Logan Motion speakers as my surrounds. My LRC speakers are DefTech 3000's.
Yep, running ML Motion 12's with this receiver as mains...sounds gooooooood.
post #1601 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadergr View Post

I am between this one and the denon x4000.

Also are there any known serious issues i should know about?
Thanks in advance...

Read the entire thread and you'll see where owners have struggled. 99.9% of the time it's operator error, or accessory insufficiency...
post #1602 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4 View Post

Yep, running ML Motion 12's with this receiver as mains...sounds gooooooood.

Thank you for your input.

That's the ML speaker that I'm thinking of getting. I understood that the 1522 is 4ohm "certified". But I was concerned that mixing 4 and 8 ohm speakers in the same setup might pose a problem to the receive In the long run.

Thanks again.


PS. I read another thread about running 4ohm speakers with "typical" receivers, and it has relieved me of some of the concerns.
post #1603 of 1713
six months user, faacing new BIG ISSUE..

For media player or BD player sources - for first two / five / ten minutes, receiver struggles HDMI hand-shaking, it is evident from front LCD showing speaker signals, audio signal info etc flickering, changing.
Picture on TV / Projector is jumbled/distorted. Only after this initial period, picture and sound come up as expected.
Even in normal operation, picture would go off for 5 to 10 seconds.
For smaller-sized video files, or for audio files, this problem does nto arise...

Waiting 10 mins at every time, is not acceptable, and I will have to return to Costco if this is not solved. And I'd hate doing do.. please chime in if anyone has faced or have suggestions.. Thanks in advance...
post #1604 of 1713
^^
before returning, try removing and reseating all your HDMI cables. HDMI cables & connectors can be a problem, especially if there is pressure on the connectors, bending them slightly downwards. inspect the receiver and cable ends for bent pins. if you have a spare cable to try, you might also want to try using a different cable from source or to the TV.

when doing work behind my rack, I must have accidentally stepped on one of my cables because I got no signal, no handshake from the back of the receiver to the TV. replaced cable, problem solved.

HDMI can be flaky and definitely a poorly designed physical cable-connector interface. it's also possible your output connection in the receiver has worked loose or not making good physical contact.

worth a try b4 making the trip to Costco smile.gif
post #1605 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdori View Post

six months user, faacing new BIG ISSUE..

For media player or BD player sources - for first two / five / ten minutes, receiver struggles HDMI hand-shaking, it is evident from front LCD showing speaker signals, audio signal info etc flickering, changing.
Picture on TV / Projector is jumbled/distorted. Only after this initial period, picture and sound come up as expected.
Even in normal operation, picture would go off for 5 to 10 seconds.
For smaller-sized video files, or for audio files, this problem does nto arise...

Waiting 10 mins at every time, is not acceptable, and I will have to return to Costco if this is not solved. And I'd hate doing do.. please chime in if anyone has faced or have suggestions.. Thanks in advance...

I had similar handshake issues with an old Harman Kardon receiver I had. It turned out to be the HDMI cable. The odds of this being the problem are greater if it is a long HDMI cable (i.e. 15 feet or greater). If you can get a new/different one to swap out, that's a pretty cheap way to potentially eliminate that as the problem. Even if you have an "in wall" run, just run it externally for your test.
post #1606 of 1713
I just got this hooked up after purchasing in April, and am having a slight issue. I can watch on HDMI 1 for an hour or so, then it gets jittery and finally goes black (still have audio), when I switch to HDMI 2 works fine. Anybody had any similar issues??
post #1607 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Edge View Post

I had similar handshake issues with an old Harman Kardon receiver I had. It turned out to be the HDMI cable. The odds of this being the problem are greater if it is a long HDMI cable (i.e. 15 feet or greater). If you can get a new/different one to swap out, that's a pretty cheap way to potentially eliminate that as the problem. Even if you have an "in wall" run, just run it externally for your test.

very valid suggestions. but i already tried all of above. 1- i bought new 25' HDMI cable with redmere, supposed to be best for long distances, same problems. 2- ran shorter cable to TV, 3- tried (if i remember correctrly) both out1 and out2.

In HDMI standby, everything is fine. As soon as Receiver comes ON, this problem begins.
post #1608 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeville View Post

I just got this hooked up after purchasing in April, and am having a slight issue. I can watch on HDMI 1 for an hour or so, then it gets jittery and finally goes black (still have audio), when I switch to HDMI 2 works fine. Anybody had any similar issues??

exact opposite issue for me. jittery or no picture for first 5 to 10 mins, then all ok, except brief 5 to 10 secs picture outage once in a while.. trying to find a solution as of now.
post #1609 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdori View Post

very valid suggestions. but i already tried all of above. 1- i bought new 25' HDMI cable with redmere, supposed to be best for long distances, same problems. 2- ran shorter cable to TV, 3- tried (if i remember correctrly) both out1 and out2.

In HDMI standby, everything is fine. As soon as Receiver comes ON, this problem begins.

How short was the cable you tried?
post #1610 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by millil View Post

How short was the cable you tried?

2 meters/6 ft approx.
post #1611 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdori View Post

2 meters/6 ft approx.

Also.. if i play from media player directly to TV, using same cable.. it plays fine.
post #1612 of 1713
Has anyone else experienced this:

When I switch to pandora, media server or tuner the video signal on the TV for any of those flashes on and off and eventually the video signal is gone completely but the audio signal is just fine. Now everything (audio and video) is fine for the satellite, blue ray or even Apple TV.

This very strange to me since pandora and the other signals are internal to the receiver unlike the satellite and Apple TV signals.

AirPlay through the receiver is also not working.

Any ideas?
post #1613 of 1713
Thread Starter 
Try turn on video processing on those inputs and set video output format to 1080p. By default, those outputs are set to lowest possible resolution which is 480i IIRC. Some TVs just don't like 480i over hdmi.

Airplay has a lot to do with your home router. There are many posts about this topic.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
post #1614 of 1713
Hi Guys - I had a quick question about sub setup on this receiver. I have two subs - is the best way to connect them using the subwoofer pre-out 1 and 2? Or should I connect one of them to the other subwoofer out available? Thanks!
post #1615 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_ny View Post

Hi Guys - I had a quick question about sub setup on this receiver. I have two subs - is the best way to connect them using the subwoofer pre-out 1 and 2? Or should I connect one of them to the other subwoofer out available? Thanks!

Look at the rear panel diagram in the manual or your receiver - closely. You'll see the "other" one as you call is under the Zone 2 connections & is for connecting a sub in Zone 2.

You want the ones in the preamp out section - Sub 1/2

Get to know your manual. the wiring connections for all speakers and subs are clearly shown in it, on page 23. Pioneer made it pretty clear where to connect things in the manual and on the AV Navigator disc smile.gif
post #1616 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

Try turn on video processing on those inputs and set video output format to 1080p. By default, those outputs are set to lowest possible resolution which is 480i IIRC. Some TVs just don't like 480i over hdmi.

Airplay has a lot to do with your home router. There are many posts about this topic.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for the reply. I removed power from the unit over night and it went away. I can only hope this is not a sign of things to come.
post #1617 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugger View Post

Thanks for the reply. I removed power from the unit over night and it went away. I can only hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Unplugging the receiver shouldn't have changed any of your existing settings. It's not a reset to defaults, which has its own procedure. If you had the video processor turned on before, it should still be turned on even though you unplugged it. I routinely kill the circuit breakers for my whole system when we go on vacations, and when power is back on, all the settings, setpoints, calibrations are intact. Working behind the racks where I unplug the receivers is the same, no lost memories. It's held in a flash memory, like ROM, not like RAM wink.gif

I certainly don't know why you suddenly don't have OSD of media sources but I do know you can't assign an HDMI input to Pandora, internet radio and the like.

keep us posted what's going on smile.gif
post #1618 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

Look at the rear panel diagram in the manual or your receiver - closely. You'll see the "other" one as you call is under the Zone 2 connections & is for connecting a sub in Zone 2.

You want the ones in the preamp out section - Sub 1/2

Get to know your manual. the wiring connections for all speakers and subs are clearly shown in it, on page 23. Pioneer made it pretty clear where to connect things in the manual and on the AV Navigator disc smile.gif

Thanks for confirming!
post #1619 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

Look at the rear panel diagram in the manual or your receiver - closely. You'll see the "other" one as you call is under the Zone 2 connections & is for connecting a sub in Zone 2.

You want the ones in the preamp out section - Sub 1/2

Get to know your manual. the wiring connections for all speakers and subs are clearly shown in it, on page 23. Pioneer made it pretty clear where to connect things in the manual and on the AV Navigator disc smile.gif

Also just a suggestion you can turns each sub by running mcacc with each one and keep running till you get similar results with the mic in the same position.

Alternatively you can get a spl meter and time reach sub by moving them to the center of the room.

The pros and cons of each can be found elsewhere but well worth reading.
post #1620 of 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Also just a suggestion you can turns each sub by running mcacc with each one and keep running till you get similar results with the mic in the same position.

Alternatively you can get a spl meter and time reach sub by moving them to the center of the room.

The pros and cons of each can be found elsewhere but well worth reading.

I am a little confused .. were you suggesting that I run MACC with only one sub connected at one time? I see that the MACC does not list or identify that there are multiple subs ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › *Official* Pioneer SC-1522 9.2 Network ready AV receiver owners thread