Originally Posted by FusionRx
Also, I have a 5 disc carosel CD player. It was purchased circa 1990, and comes with an optical out (very forward thinking of them at the time!).
I want the receiver to play CD, but use and Optical signal, but can't seem to get that programmed. Anyone have it setup and want to show me what options to press on the screens?
Debating simply deep-sixing the 5-disc carosel, burn all my CD's to computer and have the computer be the Media server.
If I do that, does the media server setup on Pioneer let me burrow down to my 'additional drives', like G and H drives that are 1.5Tb a piece? Or does it just point to C:?
For the CD changer, connect the optical out to Optical In 1 on the receiver. Next go to the Input settings menu. Select the CD source and set its audio input to Optical 1.
Edit - Here are the steps you should take:
1. Press RECEIVER on the remote, then press HOME MENU
2. Select 'System Setup' from the Home Menu
3. Select 'Input Setup' from the System Setup menu
4. Use the left - right buttons on the remote to scroll through to the CD input
5. Scroll down to Audio In
6. While on Audio In use the left - right buttons to scroll to Opt 1
7. Set HDMI Input to OFF
8. Set Component In to OFF
9. Set 12V Trigger 1 & 2 to OFF
10. When finished, press RETURNEdited by dharel - 4/3/13 at 4:14am