Originally Posted by basshead81
nice graph! i see you figured out the 80hz null!! what was the culprit?
The center channel. Took it out back. Threw it in the Jacuzzi. Cleaned it right up.
I used Audyssey's EQ function to EQ out the little bugger.
After today's effort, my head is quite spun as I used the main menu levels control, the EQ function and the gain control on one sub to steer the graph like a drawbridge. Raising and lowering sections of the graph with each control, a few dB at a time. It was all, make a minor change in the living room, go into the office, hit measure, back to the living room, minor change, back into the office, hit measure, that sort of back-n-forth, change-n-measure type of day.
Now the rub. The overall graph is +5dB bass heavy over flat but that's how we hear bass. My natural instinct is to destroy everything, correct for the bass and start over as my brain warns me, don't be stupid.
Here's the final day's graphed effort below as I was able to EQ the whole thing to +/-6dB for an untreated room with very active (((echo))) room acoustics. Of course, out of courtesy, I ask the purists to be kind and ignore the small niggle around 350Hz.
-Edited by BeeMan458 - 4/13/13 at 1:01pm