or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › 2 Channel Audio › Onkyo 8255
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Onkyo 8255

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
First time poster...Be gentle!!

Old-school music listener. Just blew up my 33 year-old Technics receiver. Recently purchased online, a simple, inexpensive 2-channel, Onkyo TX-8255. It does everything I need except for one thing. I wanted to hook up an equalizer I have had for years. My past configuration had it connecting to the “Tape 2 ports”. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make this equalizer work with this receiver?.. Thank you!
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbudik View Post

First time poster...Be gentle!!

Old-school music listener. Just blew up my 33 year-old Technics receiver. Recently purchased online, a simple, inexpensive 2-channel, Onkyo TX-8255. It does everything I need except for one thing. I wanted to hook up an equalizer I have had for years. My past configuration had it connecting to the “Tape 2 ports”. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make this equalizer work with this receiver?.. Thank you!

According to page 8 of your AVR's user guide it has 2 sets of ins and outs for tape.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
arnyk.... Thanks for the input! I was just reading and think it can work. I noticed that you need to press and hold the "tape 2" (monitor) button to turn on the tape monitor.. I will try this... Thanks!
post #4 of 6
I was thinking of purchasing the same unit since my 25 year old Denon Receiver just bit the dust. Did the Tape 2 configuration work effectively as an EQ loop? And do you have to hold it down every time you start listening to a new source? That could be bothersome.

Thanks,
dspiro
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspiro View Post

I was thinking of purchasing the same unit since my 25 year old Denon Receiver just bit the dust. Did the Tape 2 configuration work effectively as an EQ loop? And do you have to hold it down every time you start listening to a new source? That could be bothersome.

Good question. Having to push that button over and over again will probably get old very fast.

Your remaining options are:

(1) Obtain an AVR with built in equalization which many now have.

(2) Obtain a high end AVR that has pre-out and amp-in jacks, and put your existing equalizer into the system at that point.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

Good question. Having to push that button over and over again will probably get old very fast.

Your remaining options are:

(1) Obtain an AVR with built in equalization which many now have.

(2) Obtain a high end AVR that has pre-out and amp-in jacks, and put your existing equalizer into the system at that point.

I'd vote for option 1. Most AVRs have dropped the ext in feature (Denon), like I used to have on my denon 1909, my 3311 doesn't have it, but it does have preouts for external amps. The AVR seems the best all in one solution. I particularly like the dynamic eq feature which keeps the eq adjusted as the volume is reduced below reference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 2 Channel Audio
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › 2 Channel Audio › Onkyo 8255