or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › 2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread - Page 75

post #2221 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

On my 60st60 I was curious if one can save a set of custom pic settings so if I enter new ones I can revert back easily? I tried copying the settings to a hdmi output I don't use but that didn't seem to work.

It works. You can also copy between Cinema and Custom on the same input. The only inconvenient thing is that to revert, you will have to switch to the input/mode containing the saved settings in order to copy to the desired input/mode. This copies all the basic and Pro Settings (Brightness, Contrast, grayscale, CMS, Gamma, etc) but not the Advanced Picture settings (1080p Pixel Direct, HDMI/DVI Range, etc).
post #2222 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

On my 60st60 I was curious if one can save a set of custom pic settings so if I enter new ones I can revert back easily? I tried copying the settings to a hdmi output I don't use but that didn't seem to work.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

You have a couple options, if i understand correctly. First, you can set the custom settings as "default", then enter the new settings, if unhappy, click on the restore default option in the settings menu.

Second option, use a different picture mode to try other settings such as Pro 1 and Pro 2.
post #2223 of 3315
Are the D-Nice's slides and reference settings for only ST60 or are they good for VT60 also? Thanks.
post #2224 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by srig View Post

Are the D-Nice's slides and reference settings for only ST60 or are they good for VT60 also? Thanks.


The slides are meant for the models he has calibrated, if there are custom settings for a VT60 they are just for the VT60, if not ST60 settings would not look the same on a VT60.
post #2225 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by srig View Post

Are the D-Nice's slides and reference settings for only ST60 or are they good for VT60 also? Thanks.

The ST60 and VT/ZT60 have totally different menu's so no for the settings but the slides are the same. Here are DNices settings for the ST-VT-ZT 60 series plasmas. http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939


Good luck. smile.gif
post #2226 of 3315
Hi
I just got delivery of Panasonic 60st60 and I am running d nice slideshow
But during the slide show pattern number 5 and 9 supposed to be black but it shows gray I don't see any black in the slide show on my computer and usb pattern number 5 and 9 supposed to be black but when the slide show shows gray please help
Thanks
post #2227 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay4252 View Post

Hi
I just got delivery of Panasonic 60st60 and I am running d nice slideshow
But during the slide show pattern number 5 and 9 supposed to be black but it shows gray I don't see any black in the slide show on my computer and usb pattern number 5 and 9 supposed to be black but when the slide show shows gray please help
Thanks
Normal
post #2228 of 3315
Can anyone tell me how I can access the Pro Settings menu when connected to regular TV/cable input via HDMI?

It is greyed out for this input, whereas it is not for other input sources - namely, my AppleTV and blu ray player. So I was able to input the Pro Settings recommended by CNET for those inputs, but not for my TV input. The color is off, with an unacceptable green cast - was hoping someone could help me understand how to get access to the Pro menu so I can properly "calibrate" (i.e. copy the recommended settings by D-Nice and/or CNET).

Thanks!!!
post #2229 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyd50 View Post

Can anyone tell me how I can access the Pro Settings menu when connected to regular TV/cable input via HDMI?

It is greyed out for this input, whereas it is not for other input sources - namely, my AppleTV and blu ray player. So I was able to input the Pro Settings recommended by CNET for those inputs, but not for my TV input. The color is off, with an unacceptable green cast - was hoping someone could help me understand how to get access to the Pro menu so I can properly "calibrate" (i.e. copy the recommended settings by D-Nice and/or CNET).

Thanks!!!
You are probably not using a picture mode where Pro is available. Change picture modes.
post #2230 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

You are probably not using a picture mode where Pro is available. Change picture modes.

Correct. Thanks!!!
post #2231 of 3315
yw
post #2232 of 3315
Applied D-Nice's settings...ahhhhhh, they look excellent. Removed the intense jade-green cast over everything.

Whether it's perfectly calibrated, etc. - dunno, but looks pretty darn good. Thanks to D-Nice and all others - this forum is the best.
post #2233 of 3315
Agree on D-Nice's settings.

I ran the slides and have a room with complete light control. i can't see any reason to get it calibrated beyond this. It's GREAT.

I also had the VT60 before this, I returned it due to noise and the panasonic repair guys cluelessness about the fan mod's... no matter I saved $700 bucks and have a set that looks better than I could have hoped.

The ONLY thing I liked better on the VT 60 was the completely flat look of the glass. But that is very minor. This set is phenomenal for the money.
post #2234 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbobo19 View Post

What is the best one out there?

I've heard the Disney WOW disc is the best. Can't say for sure personally though.
post #2235 of 3315
Where can I find the settings for the ZT60?
post #2236 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKCHILLOUT View Post

Where can I find the settings for the ZT60?



http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939
post #2237 of 3315
Originally Posted by Bond 007

To begin, here is a spelled out guide for setup if you want to know exactly which buttons to press when doing the initial setup.

1) Put the batteries in your remote and hit the red 'Power' button.
This will take you through a couple of initial setup steps. Skip everything you can, as you can revisit this in the menu after you have done the prep.
2) Turn the pixel orbiter off: Menu-->Picture-->Screen Settings-->Pixel Orbiter-->Auto
3) Plug your USB stick (or SD card) with the photos on it into the side of the TV.
4) Press 'VIERA TOOLS' -> Media-Player -> Photos
This will show thumbnails of all the pictures on your USB stick.
5) Now press 'MENU' on your remote.
Choose 'Picture' -> 'Custom' default settings.
This will apply the settings to the photos in your slideshow.
When done press the 'RETURN' button on your remote.
6) Now press the red rectangular button under the 'R' on your remote.
7) Set the 'Slideshow Settings' from post #1 of this thread.
8) Choose the top menu item here and press it to 'Start Slideshow'
9) Wait 100 hours. smile.gif
post #2238 of 3315
Well, I just bought a 65" ZT on Friday night. I watched some regular TV. Since Saturday night (with the exception of sad to watch football game on Sunday) I have basically been running the Pacific Rim blu-ray non-stop. Not quite the slides but it's a full screen movie so it should be ok, right?
Edited by revo1059 - 11/25/13 at 8:20am
post #2239 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by revo1059 View Post

Well, I just bought a 65" ZT on Friday night. I watched some regular TV. Since Saturday night (with the exception of sad to watch football game on Sunday) I have basically been running the Pacific Rim blu-ray non-stop. Not quite the slides but it's a full screen movie so It should ok, right?
It wont hurt anything as long as its full screen with no black bars.
post #2240 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Originally Posted by Bond 007

To begin, here is a spelled out guide for setup if you want to know exactly which buttons to press when doing the initial setup.

1) Put the batteries in your remote and hit the red 'Power' button.
This will take you through a couple of initial setup steps. Skip everything you can, as you can revisit this in the menu after you have done the prep.
2) Turn the pixel orbiter off: Menu-->Picture-->Screen Settings-->Pixel Orbiter-->Auto
3) Plug your USB stick (or SD card) with the photos on it into the side of the TV.
4) Press 'VIERA TOOLS' -> Media-Player -> Photos
This will show thumbnails of all the pictures on your USB stick.
5) Now press 'MENU' on your remote.
Choose 'Picture' -> 'Custom' default settings.
This will apply the settings to the photos in your slideshow.
When done press the 'RETURN' button on your remote.
6) Now press the red rectangular button under the 'R' on your remote.
7) Set the 'Slideshow Settings' from post #1 of this thread.
8) Choose the top menu item here and press it to 'Start Slideshow'
9) Wait 100 hours. smile.gif


What will happen if pixel orbiter is not turned off, and does auto mean off or auto then off. Been running slides for almost 24hrs and can't turn orbiter off until tomorrow, out of town until then. Also going to run them for 150hrs straight, any problems with doing that. Thanks for any insight.

post #2241 of 3315
Turning the PO off is recommended but not critical. Auto=Off. You can run the slides as long as you like. It wont hurt anything.
post #2242 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Turning the PO off is recommended but not critical. Auto=Off. You can run the slides as long as you like. It wont hurt anything.


So turn off the slides, check the PO then resume, or can I access thru menu.

post #2243 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolay View Post


So turn off the slides, check the PO then resume, or can I access thru menu.
Not sure. I dont own that model. Turn the po off however you can and resume the slides.
post #2244 of 3315

ok, thanks

post #2245 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawfish View Post

People ought to just write out the company names. Samsung and Panasonic aren't our pals, after all, and there's little danger of making the converse mistake. I mean, changing your name to something catchy like "Microsoft Zune" I can understand and thus forgive for the hilarious mistakes that could ensue, but who would want to go by "Panasonic TC-P50ST60"? Not this guy.
cough!
post #2246 of 3315
Can anybody tell me how to change the remote code? My Panny 50ST50 remote is turning on the 65VT60 TV which is in basement. Quite irritating.
post #2247 of 3315
I've been hjaving significant Red push issues with my 50S64 ever since I bought it. I've tried many of the settings posted on this thread. Recently I went back and retried an earlier Fairchild setting (8.17.13) and then tried various Gamma Detail settings. I found that the S Curve setting seemed to give the best overall PQ, especially in neutralizing Red Push in skin tones.
The content I watch is OTA broadcast and I use the PBS Charlie Rose program as basic source in evaluating visible Red Push.
Most posted calibration settings have Gamma set to 2.2-2.6. I wonder why the S Curve setting is not used since it seems to have helped neutralize the Red Push issue.
Is there any reason the S Curve setting should not be used?
post #2248 of 3315
My 60ST60 is being delivered today....Wooohoo!! I digress. Thanks for posting these step-by-step instructions. Have my SD card ready and I am ready to roll.
post #2249 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_bama View Post

Can anybody tell me how to change the remote code? My Panny 50ST50 remote is turning on the 65VT60 TV which is in basement. Quite irritating.

Just found out that it was the dish remote programmed for ST50 interferring with the VT60 in the basement.
post #2250 of 3315
I apologize if I missed this somewhere. I just finished running my 100hrs+ of Dnice's slides uninterrupted. Now is there a way to lock the settings so that it can't be accidentally reset to default? ST60 looks great with the settings.
Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › 2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread