Recent Images In This Thread
- productPanasonic 42-Inch Plasma HDTV - TC-P42S60tagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic 60-Inch Plasma HDTV TC-P60S60tagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic TC-P50S60 50-Inch Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic TC-P50ST60 50-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic TC-P55S60 55-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic TC-P55ST60 55-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic TC-P55VT60 55-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic TC-P60ST60 60-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic TC-P60VT60 60-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
- productPanasonic TC-P65S60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13More
- productPanasonic TC-P65ST60 65-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by cristina7, 5/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How big of a drop off in PQ is the S60 from the ST60? Last post on 10/29/13 at 2:47pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Panasonic TC-65PS64 65" Plasma $1299.99 + 5 Year Warranty for only $99.99 Last post on 4/10/14 at 12:05pm in Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!
- S60 versus ST60 in a light controlled environment Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:34pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- ST60 VS. VT60 - Coming from VT50 Last post on 9/2/13 at 2:16pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Panasonic 2013 HDTV Pricing, Features, and Availability Last post on 4/24/13 at 2:53pm in Latest Industry News
2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've had my 60ST60 since the day before Thanksgiving. I thought I got lucky getting one before they all sold.
Thus far, I've had a terrible time getting the colors correct. Nothing looks good. I've tried Dnice's setting after 100 hours of break-in slides. I've tried CNet's. I've tried some of them in this thread and fiddled with it myself. NOTHING looks good, without making major adjustments for every source/show/movie.
I'm using an Onkyo TX-SR608 AVR, so I leave the display on HDMI2(ARC). I got the picture decent with Avatar, using tweaked Home Theater mode, thought I was done. Nope, I put in Black Hawk Down and everything is way too green. Direct TV hasn't looked right, yet, on any setting. Netflix, too, looks terrible (using any of the sources, BDP, PS3, TV), but they all look terrible in a different way.
Even if I can get the color correct-no I can't afford to get it calibrated- I have a terrible lipsync issue. In the AVR, I can set a delay up to 200ms. The problem is every source has a different lag. PS3 70ms, BDP 80ms, DTV 100ms. That would be fine, except, some Blurays need more adjustment. I'm really getting tired of having to go into the Setup menu on my AVR and fiddle with lipsync every time I put in a different movie. Then, they look terrible.
I am coming from a Samsumg PN51D7000, bought two years ago. I have had zero issues with it. I was able to get the colors perfect (with minimal input) and never have had any sync issues.
Direct TV looks so bad I find myself watching TV on the old Samsung instead of the "awesome" Panasonic.
If I can make this display decent, that would be great. I'm running out of patience and ideas. Thus far, very displeased with my purchase. I bought my parents a 50S60 and theirs looks beautiful with CNet's settings, right out of the box.
If ANYONE has any advice to make this display tolerable, please help.
Sounds like you're doing an eyeball calibration which is probably why you're not getting the best results. I'm not sure how you know your samsung had perfect color if you did not have it calibrated. It might have looked good to you but doesn't mean it was correct.
It will let you choose different things based on the input frame rate. If you input 24. It will also give you the 48 and 96 options. Otherwise it is grayed out.
OK I go to check settings and now tint is grayed and locked out! I changed nothing even reset and tint on all modes is grayed out! Wow for so many settings this TV has they sure have a crappy manual that tells you how to plug it in only! Great TV though but the worst owners manual EVER!
The actual operations "eHelp" manual is built into the TV or you can download it here. I suggest taking some time and reading it.
You must be talking about the quick setup guide because the manual seems pretty thorough at about 240 pages.
Hey! Finally got a perfect and working 65VT60 to replace my yellow blobish 65VT50 after previously having one DOA 65VT60 delivered by Panasonic.. I'm running D-Nice's slides at the moment. Here's my question: how many of you are using ControlCal to input settings? I'm considering it vs. the cost for the very rare time's I'll ever use it. It's clearly a nice program though. Please let me know if you'd recommend it. The cost isn't much. To be clear, I'm not a professional user. Thanks muchly.
It's it just a part of calman 5? Meaning if you have calman 5 and your tv is compatible then you just click a button and bam you're done.
Quick question. I am running the slides on my new P50ST60 and noticed that on the left edge of the screen one column of pixels from the top to the bottom are purple. It's the same on the right side of the screen except they are green. I would very much appreciate if someone else could check to see if they notice the same thing. I don't want to put 100 hours of slides through the set only to find out that there is an issue with the screen. I just bought it last night and have only put about 10 hours of slides on it so far.
Not to worry, you will see that on the grey screens... is just the alignment of the RGB pixels. Of course, in watching you will not see. My 60ST60 is 2 months old and I saw exactly the same. Happy to report is working very well, with a great picture.
Awesome. 90 something hours to go on the slides. My wife loves it.
Just a side note for ur info.... I ran the slides ± 100 hrs, and then another 100 hrs of minimal letterbox and logo stuff! After ± 200 hrs, watched 3 letterbox movies in a row, put up the grey screens and looked very closely for any sign of the black boxes..... nada. 100% uniform grey!!! So I guess, if you do the run-in correctly then that concern about residual image is not a real concern!
I am sure U will love the TV.
- 2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need help with REW hardware setup 47 seconds ago
- › Outlaw audio processor/amp vs Top end Yamaha 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Riser 3 minutes ago
- › 'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Benq w1070 3 minutes ago
- › List of Feature films shot on DSLR 3 minutes ago
- › "Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) 3 minutes ago
- › The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread 5 minutes ago
- › Comcast HDTV 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 Flagship model 4K 65" pricing 6 minutes ago
- › Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker... by newwavedave
- › PlayStation 3 320GB System by barelyderr251
- › BD-F6500 - 3D Blu-ray disc player by Agent 7100
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › Emotiva UPA-700 Seven-Channel Power Amplifier by thrillcat
- › Sony HTCT260 Sound Bar Home Theater System by playback007
- › Mama [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › The Proposal (+ Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › Grand Theft Auto V by njskaguy33
- › VIZIO E400i-B2 40 Inch Smart LED HDTV by mckenna797
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe