or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › 2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread - Page 33

post #961 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinnert View Post

I just purchased 60 inch ST60 from Amazon yesterday and my delivery date is set for next Thursday. I know this is probably a stupid question but I would like to run the slides provided by D-Nice and I don't know how to get the slides to my new TV. Do I simply purchase a memory stick and save the slides to the memory stick and then plug that into my TV? Does anyone have a link to a memory stick on amazon they would recommend? Also, I have seen some mentions of the Disney Wow disc. Is this worth it to purchase at the same time? Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes, get the WOW disc. Its quite handy.
For info on the slides go to post #1 of this thread and start reading from there.
post #962 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Yes, get the WOW disc. Its quite handy.
For info on the slides go to post #1 of this thread and start reading from there.

Thanks for the recommendation on the WOW disc Bond. I have read most of the thread. The only part I am confused about is do I save the slides to a memory stick? An SD card? I want to make sure I purchase one or the other before the TV arrives.
post #963 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinnert View Post

Thanks for the recommendation on the WOW disc Bond. I have read most of the thread. The only part I am confused about is do I save the slides to a memory stick? An SD card? I want to make sure I purchase one or the other before the TV arrives.
If youve read most of the thread I dont see how you could possibly be confused about that. You will need a USB thumb drive.
post #964 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

If youve read most of the thread I dont see how you could possibly be confused about that. You will need a USB thumb drive.

Great, thank you for the kind response Bond! You are a true gentleman.
post #965 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

If youve read most of the thread I dont see how you could possibly be confused about that. You will need a USB thumb drive.

Or SD card ...
post #966 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinnert View Post

Great, thank you for the kind response Bond! You are a true gentleman.

Just to help...I was nervous at first that I wouldn't get it right. Then I sat down the day the TV came in, loaded the files onto the USB (I had one laying around and just made sure it was empty/erased) went over to the TV, placed it in the slot, pressed the SD/USB button on the remote and followed the instructions on page one (which is pretty much hit "start slideshow" and I was off....it is much easier than you think it would be. Just try to do it and if you have problems come back and ask. Good luck! AND enjoy the TV!!!
post #967 of 3309
I have posted step by step instructions twice in this thread.
The fact that you need a usb/sd card is in literally the very first sentence of this thread.
post #968 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBas View Post

Another glowing review for the ST60 and some more settings (3D included):

http://www.hometheater.com/content/panasonic-viera-tc-p60st60-3d-plasma-hdtv-settings

I put in these 3D settings, but for some reason they settings under "3D settings" were grayed out. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
post #969 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotoor View Post

I put in these 3D settings, but for some reason they settings under "3D settings" were grayed out. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
You need to be in 3d mode.
post #970 of 3309
Thank you.
post #971 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBas View Post

Another glowing review for the ST60 and some more settings (3D included):

http://www.hometheater.com/content/panasonic-viera-tc-p60st60-3d-plasma-hdtv-settings
Thanks for the reference. The suggested Gamma setting for 3d is 1.8, which is considerably different from the default 2.4. This worked well, for me.

The reviewer says, "The glasses come with no instructions, so let me be first to tell you that you must turn them off manually after every use." I think this is mistaken. After you leave 3d mode, the glasses turn off by themselves. I have never turned mine off.
post #972 of 3309
Anyone has setting for PS3 gaming ?

thanks
post #973 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbamboum View Post

Anyone has setting for PS3 gaming ?

thanks

I you want you can try my settings in my signature. When gaming, I increase the contrast to around 90 & reduce the gamma to 2.2
Adjust for brightness in game, if you can.
post #974 of 3309
You can use either a SD card or a flash memory disk. I've used both the D-Nice slides and a free video (Plasma HDTV Burn-In Clip) that can be downloaded from youtube if you have a video capture program. For reasons that I don't understand, this forum constantly lauds the D-Nice slides, but the video appears to me to be superior. Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4gE_Xez-fQ It's also possible to download a compressed version of Plasma HDTV Burn-In Clip. Just google the name.

I started off using the D-Nice slides on a SD card and then after finding the Plasma HDTV Burn-In Clip switched to that, downloading it to a flash memory disk. The ST60's have slots for both on the back of the set. To access them go to Media, where you'll find various options, such as sorting by folder.
post #975 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinnert View Post

I just purchased 60 inch ST60 from Amazon yesterday and my delivery date is set for next Thursday. I know this is probably a stupid question but I would like to run the slides provided by D-Nice and I don't know how to get the slides to my new TV. Do I simply purchase a memory stick and save the slides to the memory stick and then plug that into my TV? Does anyone have a link to a memory stick on amazon they would recommend? Also, I have seen some mentions of the Disney Wow disc. Is this worth it to purchase at the same time? Thanks in advance for your help.

Congrats,

This is what I used for my VT60, SanDisk Cruzer Micro 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ6-016G-A11
Never had any problem when running D-Nices slides

Simply download the slides un-zip (should make its own folder, so just name the folder so you know where its at on the TD), You can send to or drag and drop the newly created folder to your Thumb drive.

Install TD in your ST60's USB port.

Click on the "APPS" button on your remote, now you should see a box that says Media player, click on it, then click on pictures (if the slides are the only pictures on the TB then those pictures will load, now press the red button on your remote and the slideshow should start. Make sure the slideshow repeats itself, and all should be good.

The default settings for what you want from displaying the slideshow should be fine.

ss
post #976 of 3309
Any yellow blobs issues?
post #977 of 3309
Figured I'd post this in here since I'm not getting any help in other threads. When I click on Viera Link I don't get any options except "viera link control: player". I have a 2.1 system plugged in the optical audio out and want to control the audio of it with the remote but viera link isn't giving me any speaker options. What am I doing wrong?
post #978 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettrules21 View Post

Figured I'd post this in here since I'm not getting any help in other threads. When I click on Viera Link I don't get any options except "viera link control: player". I have a 2.1 system plugged in the optical audio out and want to control the audio of it with the remote but viera link isn't giving me any speaker options. What am I doing wrong?

If I'm understanding what you want to do, it can only be done over HDMI. You can only control the receiver volume with the tv remote over HDMI-CEC. Panasonic calls HDMI-CEC Viera Link. If you aren't connected over HDMI, and have CEC enabled on your receiver, the option won't be available on the tv.
post #979 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post

If I'm understanding what you want to do, it can only be done over HDMI. You can only control the receiver volume with the tv remote over HDMI-CEC. Panasonic calls HDMI-CEC Viera Link. If you aren't connected over HDMI, and have CEC enabled on your receiver, the option won't be available on the tv.
That sucks. On my old vizio and my recent LG there was a setting that any audio device plugged into the tv could use the tv's mute and volume to control everything, called like "variable". That's the main thing, I just want to use my remote to control the volume cause my system is just a computer 2.1 powered sub with 2 speakers and a wired volume and base control knob. If I use my powered sub with a soundbar will that solve my issue as long as it has hdmi? Or does it have to be panasonic brand?
post #980 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettrules21 View Post

That sucks. On my old vizio and my recent LG there was a setting that any audio device plugged into the tv could use the tv's mute and volume to control everything, called like "variable". That's the main thing, I just want to use my remote to control the volume cause my system is just a computer 2.1 powered sub with 2 speakers and a wired volume and base control knob. If I use my powered sub with a soundbar will that solve my issue as long as it has hdmi? Or does it have to be panasonic brand?

It doesn't have to be Panasonic brand, and device that supports HDMI-CEC will work. I'm not sure if there's some other way to accomplish what you're wanting to do though, if it's not a receiver, I don't know much about it.
post #981 of 3309
Has anyone else's TV shown 12 "!" photos that can't be displayed in addition to the 12 slides? That's what I'm getting, which means I'm pretty screwed as far as break-in goes, unless I want "media cannot be displayed" burnt into the screen.
post #982 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsps View Post

Has anyone else's TV shown 12 "!" photos that can't be displayed in addition to the 12 slides? That's what I'm getting, which means I'm pretty screwed as far as break-in goes, unless I want "media cannot be displayed" burnt into the screen.

I'm guessing you used a Mac? That's what everyone who used a Mac seems to get. I've read formatting the drive, then dragging each slide invidually instead of all at once has worked. But I'm not sure, I used Parallels to copy the files from Windows to my SD card instead of trying OSX on my Mac. Try Windows if you have access to it.
post #983 of 3309
Does anyone know if there are any other good User settings avaialble right now for the VT60 besides the CNET settings? I know the THX modes are great, but would like to try some others if they are out there. Thanks.
post #984 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post

It doesn't have to be Panasonic brand, and device that supports HDMI-CEC will work. I'm not sure if there's some other way to accomplish what you're wanting to do though, if it's not a receiver, I don't know much about it.
How do I know if the soundbar is HDMI-CEC? I tried searching and there weren't many results. I was considering the Yamaha ATS-1010BL
post #985 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post

I'm guessing you used a Mac? That's what everyone who used a Mac seems to get. I've read formatting the drive, then dragging each slide invidually instead of all at once has worked. But I'm not sure, I used Parallels to copy the files from Windows to my SD card instead of trying OSX on my Mac. Try Windows if you have access to it.

Yes, I ended up going into terminal and deleting all the extra files. I think it must be reference files the Mac OS writes for thumbnails or something. Thanks for the input! Everything is running now. I accidentally ran it on "standard" settings instead of "custom" for a few hours because I forgot that you have to change the setting after selecting the input, but hopefully that doesn't ruin things too much.
post #986 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

2) Turn the pixel orbiter off: Menu-->Setup-->Anti image retention-->Auto

Why am I not seeing this option? While the photos are playing there's only closed caption options, but even after I exit media player I don't see an "Anti image retention" option under Setup on my P50S64. Thanks and sorry to be a pest.
post #987 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsps View Post

Why am I not seeing this option? While the photos are playing there's only closed caption options, but even after I exit media player I don't see an "Anti image retention" option under Setup on my P50S64. Thanks and sorry to be a pest.

The reason why you are not seeing it is because that was the way It was in the ST/VT50's not in the new ST/VT/ZT60's. The reply poster owns a 2012 Panasonic and was going off his controls.

Menu, Picture, Screen settings, Pixel orbiter set to Auto.

Make note of the screen sweeper right below orbiter. Use that feature for IR.

ss
post #988 of 3309
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Congrats,

This is what I used for my VT60, SanDisk Cruzer Micro 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ6-016G-A11
Never had any problem when running D-Nices slides

Simply download the slides un-zip (should make its own folder, so just name the folder so you know where its at on the TD), You can send to or drag and drop the newly created folder to your Thumb drive.

Install TD in your ST60's USB port.

Click on the "APPS" button on your remote, now you should see a box that says Media player, click on it, then click on pictures (if the slides are the only pictures on the TB then those pictures will load, now press the red button on your remote and the slideshow should start. Make sure the slideshow repeats itself, and all should be good.

The default settings for what you want from displaying the slideshow should be fine.

ss

Thank you for the reply and the great explanation. I'm not as technically advanced as most so I appreciate this. I purchased this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041Q38SA/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to run the slides with. I assume this should work. I take delivery on Thursday and plan on just placing it in another room while the slides run. I look forward to seeing how it turns out as this will be my first plasma.
post #989 of 3309
Delete
Edited by Heywould - 6/3/13 at 6:14am
post #990 of 3309
Just set up my 65" VT60. Took a quick shot of tonights game. I have been following this forum for awhile lurking in the background. Thanks to everyone for their contributions to help me make my decision. This is my third panasonic plasma and by far the nicest. Don't get me wrong I love my two other sets but this blows them both out. I ran DNice's slides for 100 hours and I applied the CNET settings for the time being until he posts his cal for the VT60.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › 2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread