or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Anyone bought LG LA6200?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone bought LG LA6200? - Page 9

post #241 of 668
Seriously, maybe I'm more picky than the average person but this is ridiculous. I just got my new replacement 60LA6200 from Amazon and this one is worse than the one I had before. Not only is the lighting just as bad as the other one but now I have the super bright bottom left corner like others and can see 3 LEDs on the both sides of the bottom where the bezel is separated. I'm not going to bother with another one. I'll just send it back to Amazon for a refund and buy something else. This is unacceptable.

edit: OK, tried the "screen massage" and it seemed to improve the lighting to where it's not horrible. Why the hell does this even work? Bezel separation is still there though.... i'll have to sleep on whether it bothers me enough to send it back. The vertical banding seems to be a lot worse on this panel than my other one btw.
Edited by malrock - 5/23/13 at 2:44pm
post #242 of 668
My 55la6200 has arrived few days ago,and i like it a lot! The PQ is great,no light bleeding so far. I will mainly use it for videogames, and testing it with Xbox and ps3,I haven't noticed any input lag.
The only annoying issue is some audio/video not in sync when watching movies. The video arrives always before the audio. Is there some settings that i need to change? I have the latest update.
post #243 of 668
.
post #244 of 668
Hi, this tv supports deep color ????
post #245 of 668
There is a setting in sound for sync to video but haven't had to use it on mine.
post #246 of 668
How is the movie quality on this TV. Is it possible to turn off the nasty video camera like effect on movies completely. Does the movies look like the one in Plasma or watching in theater?
post #247 of 668
how is the dual play in this model? I usually play games with my brother in split screen, is it going to make the experience much better for us?
post #248 of 668
Does anyone know the native refresh of the screen? It is said in the US to have 120 TruMotion, which would equal to a 120 hz (100 hz) native refresh rate, however... the European version is said to have 200 MCI, which would come down to 50 hz (60 hz) according to this website? (http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-the-refresh-rate)

So, what is the native refresh rate, 50 or 100 hz?
post #249 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTotemLord View Post

Does anyone know the native refresh of the screen? It is said in the US to have 120 TruMotion, which would equal to a 120 hz (100 hz) native refresh rate, however... the European version is said to have 200 MCI, which would come down to 50 hz (60 hz) according to this website? (http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-the-refresh-rate)

So, what is the native refresh rate, 50 or 100 hz?
Based on last years LG's if the tru-motion rate it 120hz the panel is most likely 60hz. You need to go to their 240 tru-motion TV's to get a real 120hz panel.
post #250 of 668
Does anyone know how to get into the service menu on this TV?
post #251 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiichkin View Post

Does anyone know how to get into the service menu on this TV?

You need either the actual service remote (105-201M) or a universal type that has LG service codes. There is no "trick" with a combination of button pushes, etc. on the standard remote that will allow you access.

With the service remote, you press the button "ADJ" and then enter the code "0413" (or possibly "0000") and you're in the service menu.
Edited by GatorJZ - 5/27/13 at 5:55am
post #252 of 668
I'm looking into this tv for a bedroom television to replace my 19" Toshiba! Talk about an upgrade!!

Anyways, can anyone tell me the dimensions of the 55LA6200's base? I couldn't find the dimensions anywhere.

Also, how is the general picture on this set? I will not be using this set for gaming, purely general cable watching + Netflix.

Thanks in advance!
post #253 of 668
I'm looking into this tv for a bedroom television to replace my 19" Toshiba! Talk about an upgrade!!

Anyways, can anyone tell me the dimensions of the 55LA6200's base? I couldn't find the dimensions anywhere.

Also, how is the general picture on this set? I will not be using this set for gaming, purely general cable watching + Netflix.

Thanks in advance!
post #254 of 668
Malrock please provide pics
post #255 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

You need either the actual service remote (105-201M) or a universal type that has LG service codes. There is no "trick" with a combination of button pushes, etc. on the standard remote that will allow you access.

With the service remote, you press the button "ADJ" and then enter the code "0413" (or possibly "0000") and you're in the service menu.

do you know which universal remotes include LG service codes?
post #256 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiichkin View Post

do you know which universal remotes include LG service codes?

No, but search eBay for the part number of the service remote I listed above. Someone was selling used ones for $16.
post #257 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

No, but search eBay for the part number of the service remote I listed above. Someone was selling used ones for $16.

thanks! purchased
post #258 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie301 View Post

There is a setting in sound for sync to video but haven't had to use it on mine.
I've tried,bit seems to do nothing.Can you check If in your set it works as supposed? THX
post #259 of 668
This TV seems to have record facility in some countries. Its called time machine feature. Do you know if there is a way to access service menu and enable it?

Here is the link that mentions the feature for LA6200

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-55LA6200
post #260 of 668
This TV seems to have record facility in some countries. Its called time machine feature. Do you know if there is a way to access service menu and enable it?

Here is the link that mentions the feature for LA6200

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-55LA6200
post #261 of 668
I'm wondering if local dimming can be activated trough the service menu. if you google this tv and look in the cache LG promoted this tv with advanced local dimming! ----> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6j9IDCShA1sJ:www.lg.com/hk_en/tvs/lg-42LA6200+&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl
Edited by whopper2005 - 6/1/13 at 3:28am
post #262 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper2005 View Post

I'm wondering if local dimming can be activated trough the service menu. if you google this tv and look in the cache LG promoted this tv with advanced local dimming! ----> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6j9IDCShA1sJ:www.lg.com/hk_en/tvs/lg-42LA6200+&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl

In Tool Menu 3 there are settings for Local Dimming and Local Dim Menu. They are both set to off and there is on way to turn them on, they are disabled in the service menu.
post #263 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

In Tool Menu 3 there are settings for Local Dimming and Local Dim Menu. They are both set to off and there is on way to turn them on, they are disabled in the service menu.

Thanks for the info smile.gif i will get mine next week, perhaps we can unlock these functions.

Edit:

Perhaps we can enable it with another firmware (downgrading) (upgrading), i've read in another thread these function became available when changing the firmware.

(http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403070/lg-passive-lm6200-dedicated-thread/420) another tv but perhaps an option!
Edited by whopper2005 - 6/1/13 at 7:41am
post #264 of 668
Where is toold menu 3//
post #265 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by smp0887 View Post

Where is toold menu 3//

The Tool Menus are part of the service menu. You need an LG service remote (used ones on eBay for $16) or a universal remote with LG service codes.

My earlier post:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

You need either the actual service remote (105-201M) or a universal type that has LG service codes. There is no "trick" with a combination of button pushes, etc. on the standard remote that will allow you access.

With the service remote, you press the button "ADJ" and then enter the code "0413" (or possibly "0000") and you're in the service menu.
post #266 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele519 View Post

SMP, I see you have tru motion set to user but I don't see your actual settings. Can you post them please? I need help with my picture quality.
Thanks

Turn it off...along with the other "enhancements"...unless you're watching sports or like soap operas.
post #267 of 668
Is there a way to start the TV at the Smart Home instead of the last input when powered on?
post #268 of 668
I just got the LA6200 Friday and the only concern I have is some blotchy scattered images on the screen. They are some what subtle, but depending on the scene of the program I can't always see it. They are on the left of the screen and top and middle.
Like I said these are subtle and I don't know much about LED TV's yet. Otherwise the tv looks great.
I had a Sony 550a 60 inch that I sent back to Sony because of a similar problem, t had a oblong circle on the left center of the screen.
I had a Sony 57inch rear 1080i rear projection tv that I replaced with the LED.
post #269 of 668
Is the glare too much on this TV? Is there any other 2013 LG Model which has matte screen
post #270 of 668
I just got my 6200 today in a 55" size.I dont see any glare in my room and i'm happy with this tv,it is primo.I see no color uniformity issues so far,I did see a slight problem with blur on fast moving objects but I just adjusted the tru-motion setting and so far its good.I've always bought Sharp tvs but this time I didnt want to spend my hard earned money to buy a Sharp and find out that I have another banding problem with a Sharp.So I chose LG cause I've been hearing a lot of positives about the 6200 series.My only regret is I wish I could have bought the 60" than the 55".The true test as far as the blur goes will be in tonights NBA game,if I get through that I think I have a good tv.I watched the hockey playoff replays and no problem there with motion or banding/color uniformity.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Anyone bought LG LA6200?