or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Anyone bought LG LA6200?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone bought LG LA6200? - Page 2

post #31 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeRoMoN View Post

Today I test this LG MODEL on the store with my laptop and i have to say that it has a LOT OF IMPUT-LAG ... even on GAME MODE :/ and no "true motion". Also the picture was good but it needs calibrate.

Also tasted the LN5700 with my laptop and it has LESS IMPUT LAG and the image was better. Too bad that this model has no 3D :/

How was the video image from your computer? I've only been able to see the generic overly compressed Best Buy video loop, but was still impressed enough to buy it. I'm not too concerned about the lag because I game on a 73" DLP.

I just want a good image with little to no flashlighting and decent passive 3D.
post #32 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

How was the video image from your computer? I've only been able to see the generic overly compressed Best Buy video loop, but was still impressed enough to buy it. I'm not too concerned about the lag because I game on a 73" DLP.

I just want a good image with little to no flashlighting and decent passive 3D.


It was good, but it has much sharpness , i think that will fix with a good calibration.

vibrant colors, deeper blacks, overall a very nice image.

The only problem is that the panel is so glossy, and has a lot of reflection.

But aside of that is a beautiful picture.
post #33 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeRoMoN View Post


vibrant colors, deeper blacks, overall a very nice image.

The only problem is that the panel is so glossy, and has a lot of reflection.

But aside of that is a beautiful picture.

That's good news to me! My concern is picture quality and uniformity.
post #34 of 666
Another amazon reviewer responded to my flashlighting/bleeding question with:
Quote:
I have not noticed any of the problems that you are refering too. We watch movies in complete darkness and has not been noticable at all. Also on a different note I have recieved several emails regarding the magic remote....It is definately a option because it mentions it in the setup menu for the wifi install. Just fyi for all the naysayers out there that keep telling me I don't know what I am talking about....smile.gif
post #35 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

Well I went ahead and bought the 60" on Amazon to be delivered Thursday after work. I'll let you guys know how uniform the screen is.


Don't forget to post your impressions. tongue.gif

Make sure to test some game console (if you have one).
post #36 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeRoMoN View Post

Don't forget to post your impressions. tongue.gif

Make sure to test some game console (if you have one).

I'll post a brief review tomorrow and a more in depth one (with regards to 3D and gaming) this weekend. If the screen has poor uniformity (even after making adjustments) I'll probably just report that and return it without getting too in depth, I can't stand to look at a unevenly lit screen when I paid for it.
post #37 of 666
One of the 1 star reviews on Amazon switched to a 4 star. The person seems extremely pleased with the TV itself and only knocked the shipping, the remote, and the location of the hdmi inputs.
post #38 of 666
Well I got the 60LA6200 and I can say that I'm pretty pleased so far. I've looked for any flashlighting or bleeding and have yet to see any. The image is pretty impressive right out the box in cinema mode, I will adjust more things tomorrow. I still need to figure certain things out, but so far I am happy with this set!
post #39 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

Well I got the 60LA6200 and I can say that I'm pretty pleased so far. I've looked for any flashlighting or bleeding and have yet to see any. The image is pretty impressive right out the box in cinema mode, I will adjust more things tomorrow. I still need to figure certain things out, but so far I am happy with this set!

Perfect! eek.gif

let us know more later about the performance with games and 3D


- How playable are the games with the 120hz on
- If the "GAME MODE" can be adjusted (color, contrast, etc)
- IMPUT LAG (120hz on/off , game mode on/off etc)


biggrin.gif
post #40 of 666
Haven't played any games on it yet, but I watched Killing Them Softly and it looked amazing. I also test out a bunch of 3D blu-rays. Early impressions so far:

Pros:
+Screen is completely uniform without any flashlighting or bleeding
+Very Impressive 3D (I have a crosstalk free 73" DLP that looks gorgeous, so I have pretty high standards in this regard)
+Excellent picture quality
+You can zoom in however much you want, even in 3D mode (I doubt I'll use this, but I might want a 16:9 3D movie instead of 2.35:1)
+The iOS and android apps work really well
+Free LG Cloud storage
+Free premium subscription to MLB.TV for the season
+A bunch of over options I'll probably never learn how to use
+Supports HDMI ARC

Cons:
-The wi-fi connection seems to be more unstable than other devices in my house
-No Amazon Instant Prime app (at least yet)
-95% of the apps seem worthless
-The screen is pretty reflective
-Trying to set up my MLB.TV promo didn't work and I now have to deal with the hassle of emailing them

Now I'm off to watch This is 40 with the wife, will test gaming tomorrow.
post #41 of 666
Very nice.

i'll be waiting for your gaming test.
post #42 of 666
Can anyone tell me how the 42LA6200 differs from the 42LM6200, if at all? Would it be worth the hassle to return a recently purchased LM6200 for the LA6200? I'm especially curious because, on LG's website, the LM is still a couple hundred more expensive, despite being older.
post #43 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehstern View Post

Can anyone tell me how the 42LA6200 differs from the 42LM6200, if at all? Would it be worth the hassle to return a recently purchased LM6200 for the LA6200? I'm especially curious because, on LG's website, the LM is still a couple hundred more expensive, despite being older.

I believe the LM is edge-lit and the LA is back-lit. I prefer back-lit because it makes the screen more uniform. I previously bought a edge-lit LG and the flashlighting and bleeding on it was awful. I don't know if this one was particularly bad or what, but I had to return it. I also believe the LM comes with a "Magic Remote" and the LA does not.
post #44 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

I believe the LM is edge-lit and the LA is back-lit. I prefer back-lit because it makes the screen more uniform. I previously bought a edge-lit LG and the flashlighting and bleeding on it was awful. I don't know if this one was particularly bad or what, but I had to return it. I also believe the LM comes with a "Magic Remote" and the LA does not.


Your TV (la6200) has IPS panel?
post #45 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeRoMoN View Post

Your TV (la6200) has IPS panel?

How could I tell?
post #46 of 666
Like this. tongue.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWXcNlh85Ps


Also do this with your TV




This will tell us if the panel is AV.

Check this post. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466061/2013-lg-ln5300-led-hdtv-review/30#post_23211957
post #47 of 666
It doesn't do that when I touch the screen if that helps.
post #48 of 666
I played some COD: Black Ops 2 and Super Stardust HD in 3D tonight and in game mode I didn't detect any lag. I then turned game mode off and maxed out trumotion and the lag was pretty bad. I don't think I'll ever use the trumotion feature for games or movies, I don't like how it makes it look.

A lot of the video apps work great, but Netflix's audio can get off if you pause mess with the video at all. I've had the same problem with Netflix apps on a few different devices though, so I don't know who's to fault.

I also watched part of Prometheus and Avatar in 3D. A week ago I would have thought I would have preferred my 73" active DLP, but I probably like them about the same. Each has their own pros and cons that kind of equal each other out in the end. While I don't really notice the loss of resolution during movies, I do more so when playing games. Probably because 3D PS3 games are already less than 1080p.

Overall I'd give the TV a 4.5 so far.
post #49 of 666
I'm looking at trying the 60" version of this set from Amazon. I've been through lots of TVs and I'm DONE with edge-lit. For various reasons I prefer the LGs (passive 3D, better handling of dark content in my games, no blue smudging, can't stand plasma, etc.), but every one I've tried has been edge-lit and plagued with bad uniformity issues such as flashlighting and one side of the screen being darker or differently tinted than the other. I'd like to try a direct-led set and see what happens.

Am I correct in that direct-lit sets are just as likely to suffer from banding and DSE, though?
post #50 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAlfred View Post

I'm looking at trying the 60" version of this set from Amazon. I've been through lots of TVs and I'm DONE with edge-lit. For various reasons I prefer the LGs (passive 3D, better handling of dark content in my games, no blue smudging, can't stand plasma, etc.), but every one I've tried has been edge-lit and plagued with bad uniformity issues such as flashlighting and one side of the screen being darker or differently tinted than the other. I'd like to try a direct-led set and see what happens.

Am I correct in that direct-lit sets are just as likely to suffer from banding and DSE, though?

When I buy a set I usually look for flaws in it before I let myself enjoy it. Last night I ran various tests from the Disney WOW calibration disc and it passed them all to my eye. The screen looks completely uniform with any image on it, and about 95% uniform with just a blank black screen. The only flaw I've seen is some slight light bleeding along the bottom edge that goes away as soon as any image is on the screen, whether it be 16:9 or 2.35:1.

If uniformity is an issue for you I highly recommend this set. I bought and returned an edge lit LG about a month ago that had horrible flashlighting going on. I didn't think they made backlit sets anymore and thought I was gonna have to go plasma, but I'm very happy that I found this set.

My wife and I just watched Dredd in 3D, and I hate to say it but I think I'm preferring the 3D of this set to that of my active 73" DLP.

Some of the smart features could use some work, but I'm hoping they address those with firmware in time.
post #51 of 666
I just picked up a LG 55LA6200 and can't seem to find any posts anywhere that list some preferred settings for this unit. Anyone have any guidance? I made some changes to the factory settings, but I am sure there are more that can be changed for optimum display and motion performance.

BTW, I am coming to this set from a DLP, Sony KDS 50A3000 that I have been using since 2007. I am VERY impressed by the display. I know this may sound stupid, but I loaded and played the Lincoln BluRay and was taken aback by what I saw. The images almost looked in 3D, even though I did not have 3D on (or those glasses), nor was I using a 3D BluRay or 3D player. I looked at the wife and she looked at me. I wasn't sure what to think. It looked amazing, but the depth it showed and the way it kinda looked 3D was just so different from what we had ever seen. Is this just us catching up with the technology from having used our old set for so long? I played with the settings on the set thinking maybe it was some artificial 3D effect but couldn't find it. If I am missing something, please let me know.

Thanks everyone/anyone!
Edited by JS29 - 4/24/13 at 11:33am
post #52 of 666
I just picked up the 47LA6200 last night from Best Buy. Got it for $869, price matched to Amazon.

Here is my review of the TV - hope it's helpful!

- - - - - - - - -

If you're looking for a reasonably priced 47" 3D HDTV, look no further than the 47LA6200 by LG. I've only owned the TV for a short period of time, but I am pretty blown away by the display's image quality.

I upgraded from a 3 year old 46" Sony Bravia HDTV (2D only). I was wary about the LED edge-lit technology, as some folks have complained about ghosting, flashlighting, etc - this TV has none of these issues. The picture looks great! The brightness and color is even across the entire panel, and I have not noticed any ghosting or visual anomalies in 2D or 3D mode.

I watched Prometheus and The Hobbit in 3D and was blown away. The quality is pretty much exactly the same as what you'd see in the theater with only some extremely minor interlacing noticeable in a very few number of shots in the movies. No 3D crosstalk or noticeable aliasing in the image though. 3D games on the PS3 look stunning as well. I played Wipeout HD and Superstardust HD and the depth and overall quality of the images look awesome.

The sound quality over the TV's internal speakers is pretty good as well. It definitely suffices for OTA HD programming, although as a cinefile, I plan to hook up my 5.1 surround system and 5.1 surround headphones for pristine audio.

This is a new model for 2013, and as far as I understand it, the hardware inside the TV has been upgraded over the 2012 model 47LM7600. This TV has a dual-core processor built in which really provides for a zippy experience using the TV's apps. They respond very quickly and there seems to be a ton of apps to use and customize. I haven't spent a ton of time with the apps so far, but they seem impressive upon first glance.

The TV's menu system is robust and offers just about every type of adjustment to picture and sound you'd need. First thing I did (after getting through the very easy-to-use setup - including connecting to my Wifi N router) was turn off the TruMotion feature. I'm not interested in the 120Hz tech - only good old 60Hz, 24fps movie watching goodness.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this TV, especially for those of you looking for theater-quality 3D experiences (Blu Ray and PS3).

I hope this review is helpful! As this is a new model TV, there are very few reviews available online. I noticed only five on Amazon's website at the time of writing.

I did a month of research into a new 3D HDTV, and I am very pleased with my purchase so far.
post #53 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS29 View Post

I just picked up a LG 55LA6200 and can't seem to find any posts anywhere that list some preferred settings for this unit. Anyone have any guidance? I made some changes to the factory settings, but I am sure there are more that can be changed for optimum display and motion performance.

BTW, I am coming to this set from a DLP, Sony KDS 50A3000 that I have been using since 2007. I am VERY impressed by the display. I know this may sound stupid, but I loaded and played the Lincoln BluRay and was taken aback by what I saw. The images almost looked in 3D, even though I did not have 3D on (or those glasses), nor was I using a 3D BluRay or 3D player. I looked at the wife and she looked at me. I wasn't sure what to think. It looked amazing, but the depth it showed and the way it kinda looked 3D was just so different from what we had ever seen. Is this just us catching up with the technology from having used our old set for so long? I played with the settings on the set thinking maybe it was some artificial 3D effect but couldn't find it. If I am missing something, please let me know.

Thanks everyone/anyone!

I think what you are describing is the Trumotion feature. I turn that feature off because I don't like the artificial look it gives the image, some people like it though.
post #54 of 666
i recently bought the lm6700 from best buy i am considering returning this set in favor of the la6200. i am not sure whether this would be a lateral exchange or would i be downgrading or upgrading. i cannot seem to find the detailed specs of the la6200 anywhere. I wanted to compare the contrast ratios and see if the panel is a 60hz panel or the 120 hz panel(i think this is the main reason i am thinking of trading) since the lm 6700 is a 60hz panel. any help would be appreciated.
post #55 of 666
I got a price match at PC richards for the 50inch LA6200....899. Can't complain. Managed to negotiate down a tv stand I was in love with from 269 to 200 as well......got a sammy 3d blu player for 129....then headed off to BB and negotiated the Harman Kardon SB16 to 395.

Gotta say...I do like the television so far....and the free mlb TV subscriptiong smile.gif

No flashlighting or bleeding to this point. Image is nice...but I definitely think it will look better after I go thorough the WOW disc and tweak some things. Plenty of options...and the 2D to 3D is a nice feature, though I don't know how often I will take advantage of it.

Apps so far are smooth and quick.
post #56 of 666
I picked up the 42la6200 from BuyDig for $699, (put the tv model in their promo code box, and it knocks off $100) and installed it last night. All I can say is WOW!

It makes my 2006 Olevia 537H look like a Model T Ford.... Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! biggrin.gif
post #57 of 666
Sam's Club has a 55LA6205 listed for $1198 that might be the "generic" version of this model. The TV I've got now (LM6400 with uniformity problems) is from Sam's and it might be nice to exchange it for this model, but it's only sold online ATM. I've had the LM6400 for about a month and I don't want to keep it, so I need to make a decision soon.

I want to look at one of these in person. My Best Buys only carry the 47-inch version in store. I'd have to order the 55" and they don't carry the 60" at all. I'd REALLY like to get the 60" from Amazon but since nobody else has tried it yet, I'm afraid it will have some problem and I fear dealing with a non-local Amazon for returns. Plus we have conflicting information on input-lag and as a heavy gamer that would be a deal-killer for sure.
Edited by LordAlfred - 4/27/13 at 5:19pm
post #58 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAlfred View Post

Sam's Club has a 55LA6205 listed for $1198 that might be the "generic" version of this model. The TV I've got now (LM6400 with uniformity problems) is from Sam's and it might be nice to exchange it for this model, but it's only sold online ATM. I've had the LM6400 for about a month and I don't want to keep it, so I need to make a decision soon.

I want to look at one of these in person. My Best Buys only carry the 47-inch version in store. I'd have to order the 55" and they don't carry the 60" at all. I'd REALLY like to get the 60" from Amazon but since nobody else has tried it yet, I'm afraid it will have some problem and I fear dealing with a non-local Amazon for returns. Plus we have conflicting information on input-lag and as a heavy gamer that would be a deal-killer for sure.

I ordered the 60" from Amazon and love it. To flashlighting or bleeding and I found gaming to be good as long as you don't have the "trumotion"feature turned on.
post #59 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primestar31 View Post

I picked up the 42la6200 from BuyDig for $699, (put the tv model in their promo code box, and it knocks off $100) and installed it last night. All I can say is WOW!

It makes my 2006 Olevia 537H look like a Model T Ford.... Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! biggrin.gif

I finally hooked up my Vizio VSB200 Soundbar to the 42la6200 using the Toslink output, and turned the tv speakers OFF. I couldn't stand the sound coming from the tv's speakers anymore, it never sounded all that good to me with it down-firing in the front no matter what settings I tried. However, now that I'm hooked up with the Vizio soundbar, the sound is much, MUCH better!
post #60 of 666
Do any of guys have any information on this TV like contrast ratio or whether the panel is 60hz or 120?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Anyone bought LG LA6200?