or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 12

post #331 of 14014
The built-in help thing says to use the Media Player app to view videos from SD/USB.
post #332 of 14014
So...hopefully today (Wednesday) we can get a Chad B review of this set? How's that looking? smile.gif
post #333 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

AVForum UK review of 55VT65 by Dave Mackenzie

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p55vt65b-201304212862.htm

He measured black level at cd/m2- 0.003 when converted to ftl equals 0.000875

Also Game mode input lag at 23ms off 45ms...

So everthing is looking promising for N.A VT60's and ZT60's...

Wow, 23ms in game mode. I wonder how Panasonic messed up so bad with the game mode in the ST60 if they got it so good with the VT60? Boggles the mind, honestly.
post #334 of 14014
Better processor in the GT60 and VT60 series. The ST60 got the short end of the stick. Even the S60 whoops it. If the GT60 was being offered in the states I'd happily exchange my ST, but that isn't happening. BTW that's 23 ms in the camera test, so it's about a frame and a half vs playing on a regular CRT.
post #335 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I agree they were both showing the "cable" loop which really isnt cable, just an internal loop feed. The setup was the same in the store I went to. I ahd a USB stick with multiple clips so I could test the dispalys out, btu wwas only able to work with the F8500. I am hoping someone here knows whats going on with the USB stick reading so when I go back (maybe this weekend) I can actually watch some of the USB content on it. As I said it wasnt really a fair comparison because I wasnt able to get the USB content to work AND they had the F8500 on Dynamic vs the VT60 THX Cinema.

Anyone out there know the trick for USB media? The sticks are NTFS formatted ones a 16GB the other is an 8GB, I was able to eject them from the settings menu, but was unable to find the location where I could switch the input to the USB sticks, (bringing up the input menu did not work)....Thank you to anyone that knows what to do.

I can help you smile.gif I ran slides on mine for a bit via a USB stick. Mine was formatted in FAT. To get to the content on the TV use the regular remote. In the bottom right hand corner of the remote there is a button labeled "SD/USB." Press that and viola.

Let us know what you think of the VT60 once you have a chance to play your media. Also, its pretty sweet your local BB lets you get down and dirty with the TVs. I have to pull teeth at mine just to get a remote.
post #336 of 14014
Mounted my 55VT60 on the wall last night. What do you folks think? Couple of screenshots from the "UP" Blu-Ray. Had TV in "THX Cinema" mode. Photos taken at exposure 1/25 and f/9. Still better in person biggrin.gif




Edited by znutz - 4/24/13 at 4:22am
post #337 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

i went to best buy to see the vt60 and it was below one of panasonics led and next to a sharp led and the new samsung plasma, and out of all of them it was the dullest tv i ever seen in my life. i heard so much great things about this tv from reviews. i dont know if best buy did anything to the tv to make it look like that, but it was in a really dark room and it wasn't even bright at all, it was so dull. ive seen users that posted some pics of the vt60 and it looks good, but what i saw at best buy im having my doubts about the vt60 now.

It was probably setup by the Samsung rep. smile.gif

Seriously, unless you do some setup on your own, you're not likely to see how well any of these sets perform.....unless a rep has been in the store and has adjusted theirs to look better.
post #338 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXo View Post

The built-in help thing says to use the Media Player app to view videos from SD/USB.

Thats what I was asking, since I am unfamilliar with Panasonic I was unable to find the media player app, the remote I was using was not the VT60s, but generic Panasonic remote. Is there another way to access the Media player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by znutz View Post

I can help you smile.gif I ran slides on mine for a bit via a USB stick. Mine was formatted in FAT. To get to the content on the TV use the regular remote. In the bottom right hand corner of the remote there is a button labeled "SD/USB." Press that and viola.

Let us know what you think of the VT60 once you have a chance to play your media. Also, its pretty sweet your local BB lets you get down and dirty with the TVs. I have to pull teeth at mine just to get a remote.

Unfortuntately the remote I had didnt have the USB buttin, it was just a generic Panasonic remote without the "SD/USB" button. The funny thing is that it was gontrolling teh GT50 above it at the same time biggrin.gif ....

If anyone knows how to access the Media Player via a non standard remote please let me know, In the end I may just have to program my harmony and bring that in......

Does the VT60 read NTFS? or is it FAT32 only? if its FAT32 only it would make sensse as both sticks are NTFS currently.
post #339 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by znutz View Post

Mounted my 55VT60 on the wall last night. What do you folks think? Couple of screenshots from the "UP" Blu-Ray. Had TV in "THX Cinema" mode. Photos taken at exposure 1/25 and f/9. Still better in person biggrin.gif

z those are some great pictures smile.gif thank you for sharing.
post #340 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post

So...hopefully today (Wednesday) we can get a Chad B review of this set? How's that looking? smile.gif


I would check back late tonight or early tomorrow AM. If he gets to it today usually the review isnt dont until late at night or the next day. Hopefully he does get to it toda I for 1 am looking forward to see what he has to say on it.
post #341 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Thats what I was asking, since I am unfamilliar with Panasonic I was unable to find the media player app, the remote I was using was not the VT60s, but generic Panasonic remote. Is there another way to access the Media player?
Unfortuntately the remote I had didnt have the USB buttin, it was just a generic Panasonic remote without the "SD/USB" button. The funny thing is that it was gontrolling teh GT50 above it at the same time biggrin.gif ....

If anyone knows how to access the Media Player via a non standard remote please let me know, In the end I may just have to program my harmony and bring that in......

Does the VT60 read NTFS? or is it FAT32 only? if its FAT32 only it would make sensse as both sticks are NTFS currently.

Ok, when you first turn on the set, you will end up in the home screen. Even if your home screen is set to Full Screen TV, there will be a menu-bar like thing that hovers at the top for a second. Hit UP on the remote to get to the menu bar, then move over to Apps.

The VT60 remote has both an Apps button and a Home button that are hard to miss, and I think the lower-end models replace it with Internet or some such. If the remote has any of those, you can probably get there using those.

Otherwise, the Home Screen on power up is all I can see that would work. There doesn't seem to be an entry's to the apps from the main menu.

As for NTFS versus FAT, I don't know offhand. The eHelp thing has a section on supported formats, but it doesn't mention it that I see. It does point you at http://panasonic.net/viera/support for more info on supported SD cards and whatnot, maybe that might say.
post #342 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post

So...hopefully today (Wednesday) we can get a Chad B review of this set? How's that looking? smile.gif
Not today, a week from..........
post #343 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXo View Post

Ok, when you first turn on the set, you will end up in the home screen. Even if your home screen is set to Full Screen TV, there will be a menu-bar like thing that hovers at the top for a second. Hit UP on the remote to get to the menu bar, then move over to Apps.

The VT60 remote has both an Apps button and a Home button that are hard to miss, and I think the lower-end models replace it with Internet or some such. If the remote has any of those, you can probably get there using those.

Otherwise, the Home Screen on power up is all I can see that would work. There doesn't seem to be an entry's to the apps from the main menu.

As for NTFS versus FAT, I don't know offhand. The eHelp thing has a section on supported formats, but it doesn't mention it that I see. It does point you at http://panasonic.net/viera/support for more info on supported SD cards and whatnot, maybe that might say.

MrXo thanks, since it wasnt the actual VT60 remote there was no way taht I could tell to acess the home screen, unless I was jsut missing it with the remote I had. I think I may have to program my Harmony if I want to get it to work Iwould be surprised if it doesnt support NTFS, its jssut a matter of getting to the media player with a non standard remote thats the issue as of now.
post #344 of 14014
For some reason, I can't get the native YouTube app to work. When I start it, I get a "loading" spinner, but then it goes to a full white screen and stays there. Anyone else have this issue?
post #345 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Not today, a week from..........
argh, foiled again. Guess this is break-in week. wink.gif
post #346 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

MrXo thanks, since it wasnt the actual VT60 remote there was no way taht I could tell to acess the home screen, unless I was jsut missing it with the remote I had. I think I may have to program my Harmony if I want to get it to work Iwould be surprised if it doesnt support NTFS, its jssut a matter of getting to the media player with a non standard remote thats the issue as of now.

The other thing you could do, if you have a smartphone is to use the viera remote app...
post #347 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXo View Post

The other thing you could do, if you have a smartphone is to use the viera remote app...

I think i would need to be on the same wifi network for that to work no? Im not sure if BB Magnolia has an open network fo rme to test that, but it is a good idea. It will probably just come down to me adding the set to my Harmony and bringing it in, really didnt want to do that, but I would like to test out the set and give it a fair chance.
post #348 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I think i would need to be on the same wifi network for that to work no? Im not sure if BB Magnolia has an open network fo rme to test that, but it is a good idea. It will probably just come down to me adding the set to my Harmony and bringing it in, really didnt want to do that, but I would like to test out the set and give it a fair chance.

Ah, yeah, I think you're right... the set would need to DHCP to something to get an address.

Or you could, you know, get them to find the correct remote for you.

Of course, when I went to the local BB to look at ST60's, they couldn't find the remote for it either...
post #349 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXo View Post

Ah, yeah, I think you're right... the set would need to DHCP to something to get an address.

Or you could, you know, get them to find the correct remote for you.

Of course, when I went to the local BB to look at ST60's, they couldn't find the remote for it either...

I downloaded the ST60 remote for my Harmony one. Ill just load that up and bring it with me, it will make things much easier.....I really with they were isde by side instead of diagonal, would mke things easier to switch between and test wink.gif...I might ahve to head over to the otehr BBto see if they have it set up that way...
post #350 of 14014
So I did it. I purchased the 65" VT60 and it should be here tomorrow or Friday. Question for the experts out there - I have a 58" Z700U sitting on a wall mount that will be migrating into the kid's playroom. Can I use the same wall mount and bracket to mount the VT60? The VT60 weighs less than my old plasma, so that shouldn't be an issue, but I wasn't sure if they've changed anything in the mounting or bracket mechanisms in the past six years.

I am beyond giddy...I'm a big-time gamer and cannot WAIT to see what my consoles and PC look like on this puppy!
post #351 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_mike View Post

So I did it. I purchased the 65" VT60 and it should be here tomorrow or Friday. Question for the experts out there - I have a 58" Z700U sitting on a wall mount that will be migrating into the kid's playroom. Can I use the same wall mount and bracket to mount the VT60? The VT60 weighs less than my old plasma, so that shouldn't be an issue, but I wasn't sure if they've changed anything in the mounting or bracket mechanisms in the past six years.

I am beyond giddy...I'm a big-time gamer and cannot WAIT to see what my consoles and PC look like on this puppy!
Where did you purchase your new set? Did you do a comparison with the F8500 and if so why did you pick this set over the 8500?

Thanks
post #352 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_mike View Post

So I did it. I purchased the 65" VT60 and it should be here tomorrow or Friday. Question for the experts out there - I have a 58" Z700U sitting on a wall mount that will be migrating into the kid's playroom. Can I use the same wall mount and bracket to mount the VT60? The VT60 weighs less than my old plasma, so that shouldn't be an issue, but I wasn't sure if they've changed anything in the mounting or bracket mechanisms in the past six years.

I am beyond giddy...I'm a big-time gamer and cannot WAIT to see what my consoles and PC look like on this puppy!

Congrats mike, looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get it all set up.
post #353 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_mike View Post

So I did it. I purchased the 65" VT60 and it should be here tomorrow or Friday. Question for the experts out there - I have a 58" Z700U sitting on a wall mount that will be migrating into the kid's playroom. Can I use the same wall mount and bracket to mount the VT60? The VT60 weighs less than my old plasma, so that shouldn't be an issue, but I wasn't sure if they've changed anything in the mounting or bracket mechanisms in the past six years.

I am beyond giddy...I'm a big-time gamer and cannot WAIT to see what my consoles and PC look like on this puppy!

I ant remember if its been posted, but youll need to check out the VESA (which is what I think the VT60 adheres to) mount that will fit the VT60. usually its a number that wil show NumberXnumber....You will then need to make sure your mount can take that VESA mount, if it does, then our golden, if not than you may need a new mount.

Contgrats on te new purchase looking forward to hearing what you think about the set when you get it home smile.gif
post #354 of 14014
Can anyone comment on the IR on the VT60 yet? Is it better then the VT50 or about the same?
post #355 of 14014
Which is better in regards to reducing reflections, VT60 or Sammy F8500?

I have floor to ceiling windows to the left side of my viewing area. The F8500 looks like it is much less glossy of a screen, the reflections look more blacked out. Where the pictures I have seen of the VT60 make it look more like a mirror, with limited ability to reduce reflections.

Thanks

JP
post #356 of 14014
I bought a 60VT60 the other day from Cleveland Plasma, and I should have it show up on Monday . I am replacing an old Pioneer Kuro 5080 (8G). I appreciate all the info folks have given on this thread it has really helped with my decision. Once I get it setup let me know if I have any questions I'll do my best to answer. I play a fair amount of video games and the low lag time on this set along with the fact that it easily beats my 8 Generation KURO as far as blackness and image processing made this an easier choice. I'll post pics when I get it setup as well.
post #357 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

Can anyone comment on the IR on the VT60 yet? Is it better then the VT50 or about the same?

I went into MHT last week and the blue movie rating screen that precedes the movie on blu rays was static on the VT60 screen. I don't know how long it was up there. I pointed it out to the BB guy and he corrected it. However, it did leave some visible IR on the screen. When I went back a couple of days later it was gone.
post #358 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Peake View Post

Which is better in regards to reducing reflections, VT60 or Sammy F8500?

I have floor to ceiling windows to the left side of my viewing area. The F8500 looks like it is much less glossy of a screen, the reflections look more blacked out. Where the pictures I have seen of the VT60 make it look more like a mirror, with limited ability to reduce reflections.

Thanks

JP

The F8500 may do better in this regard, in the F8500 thread there is a report from htwaits on what he saw on a recent visit to Magnolia and Video Only...Not saying the VT60 is bad, form my experience and other reports the F8500 is ust better in this regard. If you dont do much day watching however, the windows may be less of an issue for you.
post #359 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

Can anyone comment on the IR on the VT60 yet? Is it better then the VT50 or about the same?

Haven't done anything particularly bad for IR like pausing a video game for hours, but I haven't been doing anything in particular to avoid it during the first week with the set. We've watched a few letter boxed movies and some shows with station logos and news crawls for reasonable amounts to time. So far I have seen no evidence of IR. Don't know how that compares to last years model, but so far I've had no problems (knock on wood).
post #360 of 14014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Peake View Post

Which is better in regards to reducing reflections, VT60 or Sammy F8500?

I have floor to ceiling windows to the left side of my viewing area. The F8500 looks like it is much less glossy of a screen, the reflections look more blacked out. Where the pictures I have seen of the VT60 make it look more like a mirror, with limited ability to reduce reflections.

Thanks

JP

I have a VT50 and it does a decent job with reflection considering it is a peace of glass. My experience with seeing both displays in 4 different MHTs is that they are about the same.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]