or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 170

post #5071 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by a33montoya View Post

I just recently purchased this set and I am really enjoying it luckily none of the nuances others have reported are evident in my set. I have read through this thread in the past three days and have a couple of questions.

1. Does this TV have a blue only setting like some Samsung TVs?
2. After using the copy settings feature to copy from ISF 1 to cinema the copy is not exact when switching between the two I can see a brightness or gamma difference is this normal?
3. When setting up my bluray player do I use deep color 4:2:2 or 4:4:4? I know this has been discussed here before and I read a little on it but this topic was never really followed up or I missed it.

1. No
2. Yes that probably would be the case, the only two modes that would be same are ISF 1 and 2. Lets say you calibrate ISF 1 you probably will set contrast around 64, now you calibrate Custom mode you probably will set contrast around 85. In both modes you will end up with a reading for your light output around 33/35 FtL and of-course that's saying all of the pre calibration settings are set the same.
3. Blu Ray disc's are 4:2:0 and is 10 bit, 4:4:4 is 8 bit, 4:2:2 is 12 bit.
If you are using out of the box settings or copied settings then imo 4:4:4 (8 bit) would probably be the most forgiving but not by much, if you have a very well calibrated VT60 then 4:2:2 (12 bit) because it has more color depth and imo better for Bly Ray disc. Also when using 4:2:2 and viewing Blu Ray I would advise using source direct and no enhancements.

ss
post #5072 of 13986
Any one try the pen apps. When selecting it at first the temperature seems to be set to cool but sill says warm 2 (my default) and only changes when I manually adjust a setting, any setting through the menu. For example if I simply select contrast and move it from 68 to 69 or color and move it from 50 to 51, etc it instantly goes to normal which is warm 2. Do any of you seem to experience this. All the regular apps do not experience this just the pen related ones. If possible can some one check this. You do not need the pen to see if this occurs. Thanks in advance.
Edited by Semp1 - 9/27/13 at 2:55am
post #5073 of 13986
hi everyone whats the safest picture mod during break in and how long can a bad IR last
post #5074 of 13986
Looking for a new TV and the VT60 seems great. I've never owned a plasma and I'm worried about IR. We watch cable tv ~80% of the time and would think all the channel logos are bad for plasmas. Would watching the History channel for say 3 hours be bad for this TV because of the logo? Has anybody had luck not getting IR, watching/doing what ever they wanted since day one?
post #5075 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsmario View Post

Looking for a new TV and the VT60 seems great. I've never owned a plasma and I'm worried about IR. We watch cable tv ~80% of the time and would think all the channel logos are bad for plasmas. Would watching the History channel for say 3 hours be bad for this TV because of the logo? Has anybody had luck not getting IR, watching/doing what ever they wanted since day one?
I have the 65VT60 and long ago owned two other plasmas. I probably watch as much cable TV as you, including all day NFL and NHL games with their screen logos, but I don't do any video gaming. I have never had any IR issues with any plasma. Prior to this Panny, I've had DLP, LCD, and LED/LCD TVs, and the VT60 is the best TV I've ever seen, and all my friends are blown away when they see it. Buy it, adjust the picture to your taste, then relax and enjoy.
post #5076 of 13986
Does anyone have any knowledge on Costco policy. I know its 90 days but seems almost to good tone true...I did call they stated I would get my full refund as long as it's within the 90 days. I feel like I'm missing something. I just want to hold onto the s60 for now as wait for some deals in the VT60 but I'm a little skeptical about 90 days cause that's just awesome.
Wasn't to sure which thread to ask this so I apologize if this is not the right one but you guys have a lot of experience.
post #5077 of 13986
Read through this thread and you will see that for every person who doesn't get IR you will find one who does. I also think the degree to which people see it varies because in most cases you need to really be looking for it to see it.

Over the last several years, between me and my father, we've had 6 VT plasmas. No gaming, aged using slides (which may or may not actually be useful), very careful with screen content the first 100 hours, and calibrated .

They all have IR to some degree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsmario View Post

Looking for a new TV and the VT60 seems great. I've never owned a plasma and I'm worried about IR. We watch cable tv ~80% of the time and would think all the channel logos are bad for plasmas. Would watching the History channel for say 3 hours be bad for this TV because of the logo? Has anybody had luck not getting IR, watching/doing what ever they wanted since day one?
post #5078 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Does anyone have any knowledge on Costco policy. I know its 90 days but seems almost to good tone true...I did call they stated I would get my full refund as long as it's within the 90 days. I feel like I'm missing something. I just want to hold onto the s60 for now as wait for some deals in the VT60 but I'm a little skeptical about 90 days cause that's just awesome.
Wasn't to sure which thread to ask this so I apologize if this is not the right one but you guys have a lot of experience.

Costco is well known for excellent customer service and their return policy is 90 days. In the good old days some warehouses use to allow you to return the display at any point of time if deemed defective. Unfortunately that policy went by the wayside when it was abused by those who realized they could get a new display every few years. Costco also gives you that extra year of warranty for free, add a Square Trade for $99 and you end up with 5 years of protection. Not a bad deal all around.
post #5079 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

Costco is well known for excellent customer service and their return policy is 90 days. In the good old days some warehouses use to allow you to return the display at any point of time if deemed defective. Unfortunately that policy went by the wayside when it was abused by those who realized they could get a new display every few years. Costco also gives you that extra year of warranty for free, add a Square Trade for $99 and you end up with 5 years of protection. Not a bad deal all around.

Costco was amazing to deal with in general. I was able to obtain the SQtrade warranty for 60$ for 3 years plus the two you get when buying the TV..so total of five for 60$. I was very happy.

Any good deals right now from authorized places for the 60VT60? Amazon and BB were the best I've gotten so far. Value Electronics seems great because they do everything there for you..at least they did with the pioneers as far as break in..calibration etc.
Edited by SeLfMaDe111985 - 9/27/13 at 7:02am
post #5080 of 13986
Here is my attempt and a reference picture of my 65VT60. It is the kuro demo disc, no tripod just using the couch. This was in THX cinema, I just got it recently calibrated by D-NICE though.

post #5081 of 13986
Waiting not so patiently for my delivery smile.gif
post #5082 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Waiting not so patiently for my delivery smile.gif
Drum roll !!!!!!!! congrats Enjoy smile.gif
post #5083 of 13986
Thanks Dennis coming from a VT50 so anxious to compare smile.gif
post #5084 of 13986
I can't stand best buy I called them about price matching PC Richards price of 1993$ for the 60VT60. And they told me since PC is not an authorized panasonic dealer they do not match them. Sooo I just looked on Panasonic's list and there is PC Richards listed right there. I will no longer listen to anything they say. The only bad part of PC Richards is that they have no rerun policy for TVs. Once it's bought that it...do you guys think this is dangerous to do. I would still have the manufacturer warranty and would be buying a 5 year warranty from Squaretrade.
post #5085 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Does anyone have any knowledge on Costco policy. I know its 90 days but seems almost to good tone true...I did call they stated I would get my full refund as long as it's within the 90 days. I feel like I'm missing something. I just want to hold onto the s60 for now as wait for some deals in the VT60 but I'm a little skeptical about 90 days cause that's just awesome.
Wasn't to sure which thread to ask this so I apologize if this is not the right one but you guys have a lot of experience.
Do you know it used to be unlimited, you could return electronics anytime, for any reason, to many people abused this privilege to upgrade frown.gif That was an amazing time !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Any good deals right now from authorized places for the 60VT60?
You bet wink.gif Amazon is a little high I think.
post #5086 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

I can't stand best buy I called them about price matching PC Richards price of 1993$ for the 60VT60. And they told me since PC is not an authorized panasonic dealer they do not match them. Sooo I just looked on Panasonic's list and there is PC Richards listed right there. I will no longer listen to anything they say. The only bad part of PC Richards is that they have no rerun policy for TVs. Once it's bought that it...do you guys think this is dangerous to do. I would still have the manufacturer warranty and would be buying a 5 year warranty from Squaretrade.

Calling is not the best method for getting a price match. You need to go into the store so they know your ready to buy. They have a list of on-line retailers that is on their website/available in-tore (plus they match any local dealers in your area) and Paul's and PC Richards are not on it, the list is not purely based on authorized. I had a discussion about Paul's with the AV manager in my town, unfortunately for me they are not near-by. Corporate does their best to enforce the list, so how do they know you're not from HQ checking up on them? Go in, some prices you've found printed from the respective websites including the infamous ECTV and haggle. If you have more than one store in your area and they get special, just tell them your going to another one. Trust me, given their inventory levels they want your business. I think you will be surprised at the results if you work at it. No offense - but you really need to make a decision. If you get to caught up in price you'll never buy because at some point in time it is highly likely there will be a better one. In the meantime your missing out on some great watching. Sort of like buying an Apple computer, as soon as you get one they refresh the line-up a month or two later.
post #5087 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

You bet wink.gif Amazon is a little high I think.

I'm guessing your wink face means you guys have some
post #5088 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

including the infamous ECTV

They have a great price right now at East Coast TV but they are not an authorized dealer so you wouldn't get the 1 year manufacturer warranty to my understanding. I believe it also causes conflicts even with buying a extended warranty from square trade since it's not authorized. Where did you guys purchase from?

PC Richards is like 1 mile from my house they have a great price BUT no return policy on TVs so that's a little skeptical but they are authorized with Panny. plus idk if their items are brand new since they do a lot of open box stuff it's a little scary. Best buy use to sell used items as new which they still might cause you could never really know
post #5089 of 13986
I just bought a Thor bluray from worstbuy and when I took of the plastic the seal was broken already they just repackaged it and sold it as new. So yeah they still do that I also had a Sony 790 that they tried to sale as new when I opened it I could tell it had already been used and was not factory new. So buyer beware.
post #5090 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

I'm guessing your wink face means you guys have some

I think there are not too many (if any) forum members who would not recommend doing business with Chris. Give him a call.
post #5091 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

I think there are not too many (if any) forum members who would not recommend doing business with Chris. Give him a call.

Chris is one of the best people ive ever dealt with. I would buy from him again and again.
post #5092 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by anteroth View Post

Chris is one of the best people ive ever dealt with. I would buy from him again and again.
+1
post #5093 of 13986
Hey guys, I just got my vt60 delivered

Question: On the web browsing, how do I get rid of the bookmarks and the mini tv screen on the left? I just want a full screen web browser. Thanks!
post #5094 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

I have the 65VT60 and long ago owned two other plasmas. I probably watch as much cable TV as you, including all day NFL and NHL games with their screen logos, but I don't do any video gaming. I have never had any IR issues with any plasma. Prior to this Panny, I've had DLP, LCD, and LED/LCD TVs, and the VT60 is the best TV I've ever seen, and all my friends are blown away when they see it. Buy it, adjust the picture to your taste, then relax and enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjb View Post

Read through this thread and you will see that for every person who doesn't get IR you will find one who does. I also think the degree to which people see it varies because in most cases you need to really be looking for it to see it.

Over the last several years, between me and my father, we've had 6 VT plasmas. No gaming, aged using slides (which may or may not actually be useful), very careful with screen content the first 100 hours, and calibrated .

They all have IR to some degree.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I still have a ton of research to do, which is worth it when you're spending thousands on a new tv smile.gif.
post #5095 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

They have a great price right now at East Coast TV but they are not an authorized dealer so you wouldn't get the 1 year manufacturer warranty to my understanding. I believe it also causes conflicts even with buying a extended warranty from square trade since it's not authorized. Where did you guys purchase from?

PC Richards is like 1 mile from my house they have a great price BUT no return policy on TVs so that's a little skeptical but they are authorized with Panny. plus idk if their items are brand new since they do a lot of open box stuff it's a little scary. Best buy use to sell used items as new which they still might cause you could never really know


No way.

You like gambling, go to a casino.

If you don't, buy from where you get at least the manufacturers warranty and then add on to it.
post #5096 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkhmerkid4u View Post

Hey guys, I just got my vt60 delivered

Question: On the web browsing, how do I get rid of the bookmarks and the mini tv screen on the left? I just want a full screen web browser. Thanks!

please respond
post #5097 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkhmerkid4u View Post

Hey guys, I just got my vt60 delivered

Question: On the web browsing, how do I get rid of the bookmarks and the mini tv screen on the left? I just want a full screen web browser. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkhmerkid4u View Post

please respond

I don't think its possible. Everything I've read says its not possible.
post #5098 of 13986
Where do i look in the menu for the built in screen wipe? Wife watched TV all day after i told her not to...Definetly IR on the screen.... I have my pissed face on.
post #5099 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by anteroth View Post

Where do i look in the menu for the built in screen wipe? Wife watched TV all day after i told her not to...Definetly IR on the screen.... I have my pissed face on.

Look a few pages back: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/4950#post_23765491

Larry
post #5100 of 13986

Yeah i actually jsut found it. In case this appleis to anyone else who intermitently runs slides, you actualyl cant get to the screen wipe from usb/sd input during a slideshow. Dont know if it applies to the broader range of inputs but in tha case atleast the screen wipe does not show up until you go back to home. Im hoping this IR isnt too stubborn since i dont know how long she was wwatching it (im going to assume the worst and say 2-4 hours) and im under 100 hours still trying to run slides and watch full screen content.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]